Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty (14423 Views)

How We Survived Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty / Fake Job Offer From UK / Unemployment Fear Grows As More Nigerians Lose Jobs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Zigzagman: 7:28pm On Jul 25, 2023
When Yemi, 27, a recent biochemistry graduate was laid off in February of the covid 19 crisis, he was still reading motivational books. What he didn't realize was that he was going to spend the next 6 to 12 months applying for a new job.

Everyday threafter, Yemi woke up at 6am, brushed his teeth, took his bath and ate a light breakfast of eggs and sliced bread. At 8am, he would dutifully log into job portals (indeed, my jobmag etc) and proceed to read at least 200 calls for applications. From 9am till 9pm, he would format his CV to each application's call and draft a quick cover letter. At the day's end, he would have sent out 40 job applications.

By August, Yemi had applied for over five thousand jobs and only got two invitations to interview. The first was a marketing job. The second was a supervisor position with a restaurant chain in Lagos. Over 4000 people showed up for the interview meant to hire just three supervisors. The role paid 60,000 naira per month with work hours being 6:30 mornings till 9:30 at night, Monday's till Saturday.

In this video: the craziest job stories you've never heard, Yemi and 14 other recent Nigerian graduates share their hilarious, thought-provoking experiences applying for jobs, dodging job scams, escaping kidnappers, receiving low-ball offers and managing the insults/frustrations from family members when you're jobless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdbg7Xqg1cQ

If you're a job-seeker, you're not alone.
Please watch the video, laugh a little, and subscribe to the channel.

It will get better.

4 Likes

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Dimaya: 1:24pm On Jul 26, 2023
great article
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Zigzagman: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
Dimaya:
great article

Now, here's how not to get scammed while job hunting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8jKcXXqPS4

enjoy
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Udechukwufriday(m): 9:55pm On Jul 29, 2023
Awesome article ๐Ÿ‘
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Fr33born(m): 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2023
I see
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Nobody: 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2023
Sponsored post.

All these YouTubers sef

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by 007Marvel(m): 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
How Our Seun was cooked hard๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚

24 Likes

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by kasim155: 12:22pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Insidenaija: 12:23pm On Aug 01, 2023
Security agents have apprehended a criminal who hid guns in different parts of his car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJROKin6Y7I
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Akaegwu(m): 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
Waiting concern me

1 Like

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by maramara: 12:24pm On Aug 01, 2023
God help us
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by pinkyruledworld(m): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
Hehehe
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by trevorlinda: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
Scammers everywhere... even ur scammers too got scammed by sum1
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Leggodeals(f): 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
There is this overwhelming joy you get when you block a scammer and expose him or her. The feeling is thrilling.

I don't tolerate them anywhere near me or my job page where I post genuine jobs daily.

Modified: You can check here anytime https:///184037139835240/ and make the right selection

P/s: All my jobs are free. Don't pay anyone for one

1 Like

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by timzy177: 12:25pm On Aug 01, 2023
Good
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by ipobarecriminals: 12:27pm On Aug 01, 2023
sad
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by iykepromotions: 12:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Nothing like being self employed. But shine your eyes. Not all that glitters is gold. Always demand for proof of earnings before learning or going for any money making opportunity to avoid wasting time and money.

3 Likes

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by BigBlackPreek(m): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2023
Nigeria my country!
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by lekkicctv(m): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2023
wink
Leggodeals:
There is this overwhelming joy you get when you block a scammer and expose him or her. The feeling is thrilling.

I don't tolerate them anywhere near me or my job page where I post genuine jobs daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by chuose2: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2023
The easiest thing to do is to claim to come from the north.
OR
Ask Igbos how after near annihilation they bounced back and are thriving in business.

Please dont rely on skull mining for money.
A skull is not a mineral resource angry

2 Likes

Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Disruptor: 12:31pm On Aug 01, 2023
Well well well
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by theophorus(m): 12:34pm On Aug 01, 2023
Best way na to use the link wen you get. If na Oluwa be the Link Pray well and things go gel.
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by blackdover: 12:35pm On Aug 01, 2023
Thanks
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Femich18(m): 12:57pm On Aug 01, 2023
Never give up
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by WildChild00(m): 1:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/5581961/scam-alert-avoid-calm-scammer#124783487

They are plenty of them here on nairaland, scammers
Re: Here's How They Escaped Unemployment, Fake Job Scams And Poverty by Afonja2000: 1:38pm On Aug 01, 2023
K

(1) (2) (Reply)

Encouragement And Advice For Graduate Jobseekers / 4 Warning Signs That You Wonโ€™t Get The Job โ€“ And How You Can Fix It / 5 Signs A New Employee Won't Make It In Your Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.