Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu (35197 Views)

Eniola Badmus And Sophia Momodu In War Of Words Because Of Food (Photos) / Davido At Eniola Badmus' 34th Birthday Dinner (Photo) / Eniola Badmus: "I Am Not 40 Years, I Am 34" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by Forumobserver12(m): 10:46am On Jul 26, 2023
kokoA:
Wetin dis one know sef? Mccheeww undecided Where in the world do people receive 30k monthly as salary?

You dey mind her? She's just displaying her ignorance to the world..
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by Emekmart: 10:48am On Jul 26, 2023
You are talking jagon , how much is the minimum wage of those countries.
You support evil , evil will NEVER leave your home.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by nihinlade(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2023
Why are you people talking of only minimum wage? What of electricity? My cousin just clocked 1 year in the UK with no power outage for just one day, yet this one is comparing Nigeria where we must burn fuel to power our appliances and equipments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by Forumobserver12(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2023
And Nigeria workers are grossly underpaid, why can't she also compare the wages of these countries to Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by yewit37486: 10:49am On Jul 26, 2023
orion7:
that amount is enough to sort out these bills. How much can 30 k do for you ? Y are you people e so unintelligent ? 12 eggs in uk is £1.2. Minimum wage is £9.4/hour Meaning a month u can earn £864 =794880 naira. You see how foods and amenities are cheap. Calculate that with 30k naira in naira

When people insult you guys. You should say thanks. Because insults is even wasted on you brainless people

Hahaha cheesy Nicely put
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by COMPAQ(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2023
Landmine1:
minimum wage in the USA is $15 per hour, they work 12 hours daily, 7 to 6. 15x12 equal $180. 180x5 working days equal $900 weekly. $900 x 4 weeks in a month equal $3,600. House renth in the USA range in $1000 or $1500 monthly depending on the state. Now minus $1500 from $3,600 equal $2,100 to spare. At the rate of 800 naira per dollar 2,100 equal 1.6 million Nigerian naira. This is for the minimum of minimum wages in the USA.

I've always said the problem in Nigeria is not the cost of electricity, petrol, housing etc. The main problem is the wage level that's senselessly low and that is what should be the debate by NLC and civil society. All this trying to suspend electricity review that NASS is trying to do is just nonsense. There are more intelligent ways to help the poor that doesn't keep the price below the cost price. keeping prices of these thing below their cost just breeds inefficiency and corruption as we have seen in electricity and petrol.

Left to me, minimum wage should be around N120k per month. Unfortunately not everyone in the economy will benefit from that. And to some extent i blame those people for refusing to go to school. Too many people are poor because they refused to go to school when they had opportunity to and many just went to mark time.

An intelligent well educated carpenter will do far better than a local carpenter that's still using his leg to hold wood while sawing manually. How straight can that be. Whereas an educated carpenter knows that the best way to enhance his productivity is to get electric tools that make work easier and significantly enhance the quality. Just check out carpenters and tilers on YouTube from the abroad and see the sense, skill and level of technology used. The local carpenter may never rise beyond a certain level, while the educated carpenter will be doing furniture for big boys in Lekki and making good money.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by stallionng: 10:51am On Jul 26, 2023
I thought this lady is intelligent.
If you are looking for appointments,be more creative than petty in your campaigns.
What is the minimum wage and welfare of Nigerian compared with those countries? besides ,we have the crude oil with the worst infrastructures and retarded development
Don't use the cheap campaign that he helped you and a philanthropist to campaign for appointments.doesn't portray intelligence,you could have used his potentials, experiences, businesses strategist , performances index etc.thats more intelligent than" he helped you"
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Compare house rent in the USA to that in Nigeria, compare the various taxes u pay to that in Nigeria, compare medical bills, compare tuition fees for children too.
When u compare like that, you won't be screaming anyhow.
There are many many ways to demand improvement from the government not being hypôcrîtical

How many of those things do you enjoy in Nigeria? Even for someone earning 100k per month. In those countries like the US when you pay for light, medicals, etc you enjoy them to the fullest. In Nigeria one is paying 5k for light monthly yet at the end of the month you are already spending more than 10k on petrol for generator. Those countries enjoy good roads, good infrastructures that makes life easy. And for those bills you talked about like light, medical, tuition; my dear it's not by force, if you like you can cut Dem off and when you pay for them be sure you can enjoy them to the fullest

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by WAPINATION: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2023
Unfortunate fellows like reno omokri and now this one join to make this silly statement of Nigerians buy cheapest fuel in the world. How could any reasonable human in this present Nigeria say such for a country that has crude oil deposit in a large quantity and many oil wells.

Its a pity!
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by ponishah: 10:57am On Jul 26, 2023
chatinent:
True.

And also one of the poorest minimum wages.

So it doesn't tally!
Also ask her the price of rice in Benin republic
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by deavicky(m): 10:57am On Jul 26, 2023
kokoA:
Wetin dis one know sef? Mccheeww undecided Where in the world do people receive 30k monthly as salary?
that is about 40 dollars a month. She also do not remember to say is only in Nigeria people with vehicle still buy fuel on a daily basis.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by mayorofyentown(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2023
[quote author=otipoju post=124660098]

Are you saying that house rent in Nigeria is cheap? Please stop that nonsense.

30K minimum wage whereas 3 bedroom flat on average is 1 million naira per annum.

The impact of housing is majorly felt in the big cities with a lot of out of state residents. Other wise most people across Nigeria live in their own or family houses.

Roughly all taxes and bills are like half of your income. You still have a very good half to save flex and invest.

You people should stop being wicked.

Why is there subsidy for import in the first place...because we have no working refineries.

The amount spent on subsidies per month is more than enough to build refineries.

You can lie to yourself and the people but the truth is already catching up with you and you and your masters will have no place to hid when the country grinds to a full halt soon.

That time there will be no where to run to...
YOU get strength to ans self...
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by Blackdisciple(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2023
As expected from the porf porf girl she will surely defend nonsense.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by COMPAQ(m): 11:01am On Jul 26, 2023
Funny enough, despite all the plenty talk about the minimum wage, I still wonder who exactly makes N30k per month. No doubt there are, but my point is that many people also make far more than that per month - people you might not expect make that much.

I very much doubt that a danfo driver in Lagos, bolt or Uber driver is not making more than N30k a month.
Most private drivers in lagos are making more than N30k a month. As at 2019, I was paying my driver N40k a month and if i still had him now, i'd be paying him at least N60k, if not more.
I doubt any mechanic with customers is not making more than N30 a month
I doubt any spare parts dealer in idumota, electronics seller in ASPAMDA etc is not making more than N30k a month.

Maybe I'm skewed by being in Lagos sha. I guess the real issue is in towns like Ijebu, Shagamu, Ago Iwoyi, Oshogbo, etc where there isn't a lot of activity like Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by deavicky(m): 11:02am On Jul 26, 2023
What is wrong if Nigeria is only country selling cheap fuel in the world. Can't we enjoy a commodity that we have in abundance?.
We want compare ourselves negatively with other all the time.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by erniok(m): 11:02am On Jul 26, 2023
Zupay:

You are busy showing off ignorance while forming intellectual.

Compare it to the UK, where when you are age 23 or over you can't be paid less than the national minimum living wage of £10.42 per hour, for a 23 year old who lives and works in Coventry, 60 hrs per week earning £652, after necessary deductions he should be going home with at least £500 weekly and that is about £2,000 monthly. He pays the rent for his room, £500(bills inclusive), monthly health insurance of about £90, food for £150, Monthly bus pass for unlimited bus travel within West Midlands that covers Coventry, Birmingham etc for £55, clothing, footwear and toiletries £300, phone subscription £25, hanging out £150......Oya, now compare him with a Nigerian graduate earning the minimum wage of N30,000 monthly.

I don save this for reference purpose.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by onyxo76(m): 11:03am On Jul 26, 2023
wicked human being, which country that produces and exports oil do the citizens buy fuel for such expensive price?
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by DREAMHOMES6970(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2023
[quote author=NewDea4 post=124661180]

God will punish your father you [b][/b]

😂🤣 Bro abeg wetin be the meaning oo! Don't mind the efulefu
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by seguno2: 11:06am On Jul 26, 2023
Iykopee:

This otondo that looks like yokozuna is dead brainless on economic matters.

Is she more brainless or less brainless than former President Buhari, who was packaged as messiah by Tinubu to get his own Emilokan turn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by erniok(m): 11:11am On Jul 26, 2023
JagabanB:

90% of Nigeria rents a 3 bedroom flat for less than 500k, so where does your average come comes from or you don't know what an average is?
First and foremost, I have no master, I'm not even registered in any political party, u all have been making nóísé about physically dealing with polîticians for ages and I'm wondering the day u will act.
Or u kèép talking as usual?
Where did you get this statistics that whooping 90% of Nigerians pay 500k for 3 bedroom flat? Obviously, you are in interms with recent rent rates unless you are talking about 90% in rural areas.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by desmond2255: 11:11am On Jul 26, 2023
Now I no you are not even educated, if not you will not compared nigeria with other nation because, how much is the minimum wage of Nigeria and how much is the minimum wage of those countries you are talking about, just want make people no say you talk but think before you talk next
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by erniok(m): 11:13am On Jul 26, 2023
JagabanB:

Can u mention someone in the USA that's not doing multiple jobs that's living better than someone with minimum wage in Nigeria?
Tinubu is just 3 months in office, the talk is not about Tinubu, it's about the way most of u Nigèriàñs reason. Tinubu didn't make minimum wage 30,000 did he?
Be calming down. My bosom friend that went there 5 years ago has only one job and he's doing well for himself. Don't know where you get these stats you are quoting.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by Exceed15: 11:14am On Jul 26, 2023
Now I know this puff-puff moon face dirty looking old cargo is stark illiterate.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by almarthins(m): 11:21am On Jul 26, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Compare house rent in the USA to that in Nigeria, compare the various taxes u pay to that in Nigeria, compare medical bills, compare tuition fees for children too.
There are many many ways to demand improvement from the government not being hypôcrîtical

Oga, what is our minimum wage again?
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by Exceed15: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

Oga listen I understand your view. The situation in Nigeria is not exaggerated. Ask yourself na!!! 30k minimum wage compared to recent hike in everything with no cushion effect. US and other developed nations get value for the heavy tax they pay - electricity, transportation etc There is no hypocrisy here o
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by Titogbanski: 11:23am On Jul 26, 2023
So Nigerians were not buying the cheapest fuel in 2012 when BAT was at the forefront of the fake anti subsidy protest??
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by Exceed15: 11:25am On Jul 26, 2023
Guestlander:

The cut is deep, the pain of defeat. God bless Eniola and all the lovers of our country. God punish anyone who rejoice whenever anything seems to be going wrong.

And God punish you and generation for supporting the government that has brought everything wrong in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:27am On Jul 26, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

After you compare every comparable in the world. A minimum wage worker in New York of all.places is better than a minimum wage worker in Lagos.

Many Nigerians love to lie to themselves about what it feels like to be poor outside of Nigeria and somehow convince themselves that it is the same or worse than Nigeria.

Nothing can be further from the truth. Nigeria is a very very poor nation and her people are suffering. Stop spreading propaganda handed to you by the rich class in Nigeria that have benefitted the most in looting our commonwealth
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by zoghys: 11:28am On Jul 26, 2023
JagabanBorgu:

The USA government pays welfare package to the poor citizens in benefits, tax return, food stamps among others which is missing here, so don't even compare. Inasmuch as I support the subsidy removal, the palliative should be immediate just like the removal.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by wirinet(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2023
COMPAQ:
Funny enough, despite all the plenty talk about the minimum wage, I still wonder who exactly makes N30k per month. No doubt there are, but my point is that many people also make far more than that per month - people you might not expect make that much.

I very much doubt that a danfo driver in Lagos, bolt or Uber driver is not making more than N30k a month.
Most private drivers in lagos are making more than N30k a month. As at 2019, I was paying my driver N40k a month and if i still had him now, i'd be paying him at least N60k, if not more.
I doubt any mechanic with customers is not making more than N30 a month
I doubt any spare parts dealer in idumota, electronics seller in ASPAMDA etc is not making more than N30k a month.

Maybe I'm skewed by being in Lagos sha. I guess the real issue is in towns like Ijebu, Shagamu, Ago Iwoyi, Oshogbo, etc where there isn't a lot of activity like Lagos.

This the problem I have with Nigerians, they are not holistic in their thinking, they think piecemeal. Now tell me even if uber driver makes N100k per month, you think he will pocket the whole N100k. He won't maintain his vehicle, he will not suffer unforseen but foreseen circumstances like LASMA, Police, FRSC, VIO. One of these circumstances can wipe out the whole N100k at once.

Then your driver, se he will not pay transportation to your office or house? Unless he is a live in driver. I has to increase the salary of my driver from 60k to 70k this month as he complains thar he spends more than N20k to transport himself every month. And we are not talking about cost of maintaining himself while working - launch, water, drugs, etc., before we now start talking about maintaining a house and family.
Re: Nigerians Buy The Cheapest Fuel In The World - Eniola Badmus Defends Tinubu by GeneralShepherd(m): 11:30am On Jul 26, 2023
Gbogbowa:
can you mention one Nigeria with 30 minimum wage that is living a better life but many nigerian in usa with that minimum wage are doing fine even owing good houses in Nigeria .you people should stop saying rubbish Tinubu has failed us

This goes even further than Tinubu, every single leader we have had since the British created Nigeria. Including the British have all failed us

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ibinabo Fiberisima Turns 'tomato Seller"(photos) / Teebillz Is Back To Promoting Tiwa Savage's Work After A Long Hiatus (Photo) / Femi Otedola, Temi And Mr Eazi Her Boyfriend Pictured Together

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.