Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,834 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? (431 Views)

Why Is Google Rejecting My Mastercard?? Please Help / What Is Google’s G Suite And Its Benefits? / Why Is Google Still Advertising herself Despite All The Popularity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by wealthpreach(m): 12:37pm On Jul 26, 2023
It can be pretty frustrating when you just started a blog and you're making lots of posts yet you don't see instant results, or when. Your site ranks today, but don't rank tomorrow.

Well, if you're not using AI content or plagiarised content, you're facing Google Dance. So, Let's understand and explore how you can resolve it.

What is Google Dance?

When you start a blog newly, you should be ready to experience "Google Dance" even on some expired domain.

Google Dance is when you rank high today, and tomorrow, you rank nowhere. It can be a random occurrence, but the best way to combat it is topical authority, backlinks, or waiting for 4-6 months.

What causes Google Dance?

1. Weak domain

2. A domain that has been inactive for long

3. Random Google bot acts, trying to determine where your post is best ranked.

4. A penalized site

5. A site used for spam or as a link farm

How to resolve with topical authority

Don't go focusing on all the sub-niches in your niche. E.g If your niche is in home tools, don't go writing about all at once, focus on hammer and write 50 posts, then move on to screwdrivers, then move on to pliers, and so forth.

Pro tip: only niche down or blog on one sub-niche–if the sub-niche has lots of keywords you can explore in the long term.

Imagine starting a blog on a sub or micro niche in the dog niche "Afghan hound" and I choose a domain to match the niche–when I exhaust the keywords(which happens sooner than later), I can't venture into another breed or niche because the whole site was built around an Afghan hound.

How to resolve Google Dance With Backlinks

Most people opt for backlinks just because they are excited about it–they don't even think of if it is the right choice at the time or not, or if they're getting spammy links, or if they should point such links to their money sites.

Although my method focuses on content and KW research, you shouldn't overlook the power or backlinks. Let's explore the tiers of backlinks below:

For tier 1's( The backlinks you point to your money site) you should be looking at guest posts, niche edits, social signals, quality EDU and gov(not the profile or forum or over-spammed comment sections), 301's and PBNs, or a mix of all to both homepage and top performing posts.

You power this with Web 2.0 and social bookmarks for tier two ( Backlinks pointed to the backlinks that are pointed to your money site). And GSA or Ranker x for tier three( tier three will be pointed to tier 2). These links can be indexed easily.

You may be asking, why all this stress? It makes your backlinks as powerful as anything else. This is the difference between an off-page Seo amateur and an off-page SEO pro.

When buying links, don't be foolish to concentrate on DA PA UR DR and other ratings alike... These are not Google metrics, you want to check the performance of any site you're getting links from, to see how they perform on Google before you get problems.

You're better off building your PBN or buying links from authority sites in your niche. Always concentrate on niche-relevant links.

Quality backlinks will make Google trust your site and rank you faster and better.

How to resolve by waiting 4 - 6 months

Usually, over 70 percent of people who start blogging–quit after a few posts, because they were expecting instant results, they read so many lies on Google, they miraculously wanted to perform well without backlinks on difficult keywords.

When you start blogging, you don't expect results immediately, you should be intentional and have a long-term plan.

It takes 6 months for your site to age and mature in Google's eyes. This doesn't mean you won't see any results within that period; you will get lots of clicks and impressions, but you will get even more after 6 months.

It's more like when you're aging a wine, you don't just put it in the cask and start drinking it the next day, you will let it sit for months or even years, to let the flavor of the tree you're using to sink in, and of course–prevent any form of oxidation, to avoid the wine turning to vinegar.

Well, this is how Google will wait for some months, to see if you are putting out some quality helpful articles before they start favoring your site over others.

This is not in all cases, as a site that has been indexed with 5 to ten articles and left to mature will outperform a newly registered site. More reason why I go for auction domains, or why I buy lots of domains and let them sit with a few articles, and when I see that it has started to perform well, then I start building on it.

The deleting and re-indexing method.

Copy your post and it's picture to another draft, then delete the post you've previously published, then publish the draft you just made. It works wonders.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
Great tips buddy. Can I point backlinks to a page I have in a niche related forum containing my money site URL to serve as tier 2 as you said?
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by Kobicove(m): 1:33pm On Jul 26, 2023
I have learnt something new today, Google dance cheesy
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by wealthpreach(m): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
ClixMaster:
Great tips buddy. Can I point backlinks to a page I have in a niche related forum containing my money site URL to serve as tier 2 as you said?

I do t get you.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by wealthpreach(m): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2023
Kobicove:
I have learnt something new today, Google dance cheesy

That's the point... I'll keep sharing more.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by Pennywise2: 8:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
wealthpreach:

That's the point... I'll keep sharing more.
is it the same link type for your post ? Or the ones mentioned here is just for homepage?
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by wealthpreach(m): 9:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Pennywise2:
Is it the same link type for your post? Or the ones mentioned here are just for the homepage?

For both.

If your homepage has strong links, the entire site will benefit.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by Nobody: 10:49am On Jul 27, 2023
wealthpreach:

I do t get you.
The idea of web 2.0 is what I don't understand well. Let's assume I have a page on nairaland and I added my URL in the page which serves as a backlink to my site.
Now, you said if we choose to buy backlinks, that instead of sending the links straight to our money site, that we should rather send them to another backlink (in my case, Nairaland - which is a forum).

My question is, can I send these weak links to a forum page or just build a blog and send them to it. I don't know if you understand.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by wealthpreach(m): 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2023
ClixMaster:
The idea of web 2.0 is what I don't understand well. Let's assume I have a page on nairaland and I added my URL in the page which serves as a backlink to my site.
Now, you said if we choose to buy backlinks, that instead of sending the links straight to our money site, that we should rather send them to another backlink (in my case, Nairaland - which is a forum).

My question is, can I send these weak links to a forum page or just build a blog and send them to it. I don't know if you understand.

You can just buy a quality backlink and point to your site without issues, but if you want it to have so much power that it pushes the needle–you have to buy much or tier it, depending on the difficulty of the keyword.

You don't just point spammy or low-quality exploited links( forum profiles, contextual links in forum profiles, social bookmarks, and ranker x or GSA) directly or you'll get penalized.

Web 2.0's are safe for your money sites if you decide to build them directly. And they are not necessarily weak.

To have more advantage... Search for your keyword on Google... If you find any Web 2.0 ranking in the SERPs, then use that one more.

Eg. You search for 'best cover flower for my lawn' and you scroll through the first 5 - 10 pages of the search result–if you find any lawn. on any of those pages, then use more WordPress.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
wealthpreach:

You can just buy a quality backlink and point to your site without issues, but if you want it to have so much power that it pushes the needle–you have to buy much or tier it, depending on the difficulty of the keyword.

You don't just point spammy or low-quality exploited links( forum profiles, contextual links in forum profiles, social bookmarks, and ranker x or GSA) directly or you'll get penalized.

Web 2.0's are safe for your money sites if you decide to build them directly. And they are not necessarily weak.

To have more advantage... Search for your keyword on Google... If you find any Web 2.0 ranking in the SERPs, then use that one more.

Eg. You search for 'best cover flower for my lawn' and you scroll through the first 5 - 10 pages of the search result–if you find any lawn. on any of those pages, then use more WordPress.

Okay. Thanks boss. I appreciate
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by online4business: 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2023
From day one you shouldn't buy backlink especially for new site owners. its bad practice for your site.

Question:Who would link to a site with no great content?

Answer: Someone you paid money to link to.

Even a primary school student know it and google penalize site fot it.

If you're starting out try to write atleast 60-70 blog post before buying back links.

Blogging is not a get rich scheme so buying backlink should not be a priority.

If you want to get backlink go to HARO help a reporter out it's natural and google like it.

I never paid a dime for a link and so far everything sweet.

If you're starting a new blog focus on content rather than backlink when your blog mature then fire backlink.

If you're go in on-page optimization you need few backlink to rank.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by wealthpreach(m): 1:38am On Jul 31, 2023
online4business:
From day one you shouldn't buy backlink especially for new site owners. its bad practice for your site.

Question:Who would link to a site with no great content?

Answer: Someone you paid money to link to.

Even a primary school student know it and google penalize site fot it.

If you're starting out try to write atleast 60-70 blog post before buying back links.

Blogging is not a get rich scheme so buying backlink should not be a priority.

If you want to get backlink go to HARO help a reporter out it's natural and google like it.

I never paid a dime for a link and so far everything sweet.

If you're starting a new blog focus on content rather than backlink when your blog mature then fire backlink.

If you're go in on-page optimization you need few backlink to rank.

Your submission is beautiful, but it's not absolute.

None of us could tell the exact way Google reacts, we can only predict from experience and not from what we read online.

We have 4 types of domains... The new/fresh, the deleted, the expired, and the expired auction.

When you blog with the first 3, it might take from 2 days to 14 days before your first posts get indexed(after setting up your GSC and submitting your sitemap). But auction domains start getting indexed the same day.

Now we have different types of links...

Foundation links(for new sites)

Profile links

Forum links

Social signals

Editorial links

Niche edits

Guest posts

PBN

Web 2.0... E.t.c.

For deleted, expired, and auction domains, getting an editorial link in your first week is not even early, as they already have strong links possibly, so to Google, it's a natural addition to the existing link profile. And this can give your entire site or post a great boost.

FYI an editorial link from Forbes will cost you from $800 - $2000 depending on placement and vendor.

You can achieve the same effect by getting a quality link from the kings in your niche which will cost $300+.

So how many of us Nigerians will rush and pack 20 $300 quality links on the first week of blogging? None! Except those with a good income structure.

Why you'll get penalized is if you use lots of cheap low-quality links to your site. There is no safe time for buying links, if you get good links in the first week(obviously, your posts have to be indexed first) you'll reap the rewards.

If you get low-quality links even to a site that is 4 years old, you'll still be penalized...

It's more like the dark tactics called negative SEO(: people send low-quality links or p0rn links to their competitor–causing them to lose rank.)

For fresh and newly registered sites, you'll need more social signals. If you're working with an expert, they'll draft a year's plan which may cost $500 -$2000/month, and links will be built in a natural frequency to your homepage and inner pages.

Everything I've tender here is from my personal experience. Blogging is only hard and stressful when you're trying to do it without spending money or when you have money to spend, but you're using the wrong tactics.

Either ways, blogging is not magic, and it takes an average blogger 6 months before they start profiting.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by online4business: 3:29am On Jul 31, 2023
SEO with no resources go and see lots of people doing it without buying links in builders society.

Nick jornas and many others as done it in several niches it's a proven process.

SEO has many ways that works anyone who spend money for his own method that's great.

I believe if me a newbie who started blogging just this year can do it too then it's a proven process.

And I'll tell any newbie just write great content understand how to structure pages so google find crawl and index your pages.

Spends on backlink without diversity of factors is a recipe for google update penalize.

Links are tricky how can a newbie even know the good and bad link?

Which add more stress and anxiety to this process and even complicate things.

I focus on the few things that I know move the needle which I can control.

Here's a simple test I want to do.

I want to design my simple sop for images and Aviod using image compression plugin.

Reason.

Why use these plugin that slow reduce the image size completely before uploading to server.

There are many ways to be right.

my minimum viable SEO is a way and I intend following it.

Those who have money to buy link or expired domain can follow their strategy as long as it works great for them.

Like LP dey talk we no dey give shi shi not even a dime.

SEO with no resources is bae.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by wealthpreach(m): 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
online4business:
SEO with no resources go and see lots of people doing it without buying links in builders society.

Nick jornas and many others as done it in several niches it's a proven process.

SEO has many ways that works anyone who spend money for his own method that's great.

I believe if me a newbie who started blogging just this year can do it too then it's a proven process.

And I'll tell any newbie just write great content understand how to structure pages so google find crawl and index your pages.

Spends on backlink without diversity of factors is a recipe for google update penalize.

Links are tricky how can a newbie even know the good and bad link?

Which add more stress and anxiety to this process and even complicate things.

I focus on the few things that I know move the needle which I can control.

Here's a simple test I want to do.

I want to design my simple sop for images and Aviod using image compression plugin.

Reason.

Why use these plugin that slow reduce the image size completely before uploading to server.

There are many ways to be right.

my minimum viable SEO is a way and I intend following it.

Those who have money to buy link or expired domain can follow their strategy as long as it works great for them.

Like LP dey talk we no dey give shi shi not even a dime.

SEO with no resources is bae.

till you try blogging with writers under you, and links you can pay for, the whole new thing we be a new world youll love to experience.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by NexLoaded: 12:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
wealthpreach:

Your submission is beautiful, but it's not absolute.

None of us could tell the exact way Google reacts, we can only predict from experience and not from what we read online.

We have 4 types of domains... The new/fresh, the deleted, the expired, and the expired auction.

When you blog with the first 3, it might take from 2 days to 14 days before your first posts get indexed(after setting up your GSC and submitting your sitemap). But auction domains start getting indexed the same day.

Now we have different types of links...

Foundation links(for new sites)

Profile links

Forum links

Social signals

Editorial links

Niche edits

Guest posts

PBN

Web 2.0... E.t.c.

For deleted, expired, and auction domains, getting an editorial link in your first week is not even early, as they already have strong links possibly, so to Google, it's a natural addition to the existing link profile. And this can give your entire site or post a great boost.

FYI an editorial link from Forbes will cost you from $800 - $2000 depending on placement and vendor.

You can achieve the same effect by getting a quality link from the kings in your niche which will cost $300+.

So how many of us Nigerians will rush and pack 20 $300 quality links on the first week of blogging? None! Except those with a good income structure.

Why you'll get penalized is if you use lots of cheap low-quality links to your site. There is no safe time for buying links, if you get good links in the first week(obviously, your posts have to be indexed first) you'll reap the rewards.

If you get low-quality links even to a site that is 4 years old, you'll still be penalized...

It's more like the dark tactics called negative SEO(: people send low-quality links or p0rn links to their competitor–causing them to lose rank.)

For fresh and newly registered sites, you'll need more social signals. If you're working with an expert, they'll draft a year's plan which may cost $500 -$2000/month, and links will be built in a natural frequency to your homepage and inner pages.

Everything I've tender here is from my personal experience. Blogging is only hard and stressful when you're trying to do it without spending money or when you have money to spend, but you're using the wrong tactics.

Either ways, blogging is not magic, and it takes an average blogger 6 months before they start profiting.
Great information. My first blog was registered in 2018. The fact is that if you want to make it big in blogging or fast track your success this days, you must spend on good links.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by online4business: 1:12pm On Aug 01, 2023
Links works but it's not in your control that's my point... You don't know the one that will tank your site despite doing everything right.

If I decide to buy any link it'll be a simple press release that gives about 500 links for $200 or less

However, I prefer metric I can control on page SEO and good interlinking and site structure.

If I decide to hire writers trust me I will develop my SOP for any writers on my team it's either you follow it or flow out.

Nick jornas of worktello has simple but effective SOP that works for all his pet niche site.

A Nairalander here spend 2M last year hiring writers, guess what?

he scream blue murder because no SOP and the content didn't rank well.

Any money to buy link I'd rather invest in content.

I'm not building any site to keep I'll flip it and if there's no shady links or pbn I can sell for 90x or more multiple.

This is why I'm relying on on page SEO and no link.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by NexLoaded: 1:23pm On Aug 01, 2023
online4business:
Links works but it's not in your control that's my point... You don't know the one that will tank your site despite doing everything right.

If I decide to buy any link it'll be a simple press release that gives about 500 links for $200 or less

However, I prefer metric I can control on page SEO and good interlinking and site structure.

If I decide to hire writers trust me I will develop my SOP for any writers on my team it's either you follow it or flow out.

Nick jornas of worktello has simple but effective SOP that works for all his pet niche site.

A Nairalander here spend 2M last year hiring writers, guess what?

he scream blue murder because no SOP and the content didn't rank well.

Any money to buy link I'd rather invest in content.

I'm not building any site to keep I'll flip it and if there's no shady links or pbn I can sell for 90x or more multiple.

This is why I'm relying on on page SEO and no link.

Your point is good. In fact, I have a 5 months old blog that I am building without any link building and I intend to flip it when it is generating 200$ per month.
Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by emmanex2000: 2:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
Happy new month!.💃🏾💃🏾💥💫
It's a dawn of new beginnigs!!

I pray that all things will work together for your good, doors will be opened and more financial breakthroughs.🙏🏽😊

Always available to make your writing projects a success.

Always at your service.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Is Google Dance? How Do I Combat It? by wealthpreach(m): 7:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
emmanex2000:
Happy new month!.💃🏾💃🏾💥💫
It's a dawn of new beginnigs!!

I pray that all things will work together for your good, doors will be opened and more financial breakthroughs.🙏🏽😊

Always available to make your writing projects a success.

Always at your service.
Thank you.

share your samples on my whatsapp.

(1) (Reply)

5 Investment Opportunities In Nigeria For 2024 / Binance Is Not Naira Problem But Greedy Politicians And Bank MDs / Cakes2ahmedabad.com Showers Bashing Gift Collections In Ahmedabad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.