Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 PM

Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum (24364 Views)

Niger Junta Threatens To Kill Deposed President Bazoum If U.S, ECOWAS Intervene / Mohamed Bazoum, Niger’s Ousted President Reduced To Eating Dry Rice / Niger Soldiers Announce President Bazoum's Removal From Office (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by promami: 11:04am On Jul 27, 2023
Why is it that all these self acclaimed big brother countries don't speak up or do anything when the smaller countries are peppering their citizens, looting their treasuries and committing other crimes against their country due to corruption and only speak when the citizens rise against oppression from their leaders?
This is double standard and I think Africans should reject whatever Westerners say about how they should practice their own democracy. Because they talk only political interests are threatened and mute when citizens are oppressed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Kingbeewillsee(m): 11:20am On Jul 27, 2023
soberdrunk:
Quick to condemn coups but never the suffering of the ordinary citizens........ angry

Did the people of Niger suffered under the President rule?
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by BigBashiru: 12:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Minsk24:

Your 3rd point is very flawed, apart from south Africa, Zimbabwe Namibia and Algeria, there was no demography change in any African colony of the Europeans...
The Europeans had already moved to America, and Australia...

Yes the west are not the only needers of raw materials, but they need it, and if u dont keep your house in order, they will meddle and get what they want, and u should not blame them for it ....that is statecraft, this is not about emotions or morality...

How has the west not given up on its imperial policies, are there still colonial mindset in Europe? Yes for sure, but what imperial policies are bn passed? That EU minister made such statement, what difference does it make, i bet u probably did not even understand the context...but thats not my problem,
Please state EU imperialist policies...

You are so funny and need to be schooled , before the advent of Chinese loans, who were the major funders of African economies and aid to Africa...? Is there any loans that don't come with string attached? Is the Chinese loans free of commitment by the receiving nation? Will an African country have diplomatic relations with Taiwan or vote against Chinese interest in UN resolution issues?
Is Nigeria not the main obstacle to the Eco? Do u think it is easy to form a single currency? U go just dy talk nonsense...the EU dat is working today, do u know how difficult it was for them to get to this point?
Yes African cooperation with Russia and China is very important....
Lol u talk of extermination, is the west the only people that are complicit of genocide...how did the Russian population extend to central asia? How is the Han ethnicity of China the dominant ethnic group in China today? What are turks doing in their present location today?
What crimes have the west commited that others have not done....this is not an emotional or moral issue, people will do anything they can do for self preservation...

I don't argue with ignorant people. But I'm sure as job continue to learn your eyes will open. If you believe the west is good for you fine....I don't enter into unnecessary arguments.
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by mbos: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
updatechange:
If not for France, US for don swing enter Niamey for their own ulterior motive
russian wagner forces are geadually displacing the greedy french colonial masters and their stooge

2 Likes

Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Minsk24: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
BigBashiru:

I don't argue with ignorant people. But I'm sure as job continue to learn your eyes will open. If you believe the west is good for you fine....I don't enter into unnecessary arguments.
Because u have nothing to say.... reality will remain reality irrespective of your emotions...
We need the west, we need the east, we must balance these two powers for our own interests...
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Tradepunter2: 12:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
Minsk24:

I understand your point but it is important to note that the non-state actors are backed by either private interest with link to government or some states might be backing the non-state actors....with that said...it is possible for something to be done , with the right security architecture in place, it is possible, but the main thing with conflict in the sahel, is that there are root causes, and without issues like marginalization, unemployment e.t.c been solved, then it will be difficult for any long lasting solution, as there will be constant loopholes which will lead to meddling...
I agree with your points sir

I am retired personal.... We worked hard in propping Niger security wise..... Let tell you on thing, regardless of interest been private or public from a foreign actor.....if the host nation says no, there's nothing you can do... There's a rule you can carry out intelligence operations in a host nation but can never do so on a host nation.
You as a foreign intelligence institution will never know my country or my people more than me. ... The cancer in our security apparatus is factions.... In as much we are working towards a common goal, every faction tend to go all out, this ends up weakening major operational goals.... Some assets within the migratory routes from northern Nigeria via niger were lost when mali decided to be stupid ..... and now this coup will eventually destroy years of work put into setting up infrastructure from northern Nigeria all the way to Libya.....

The terrorist groups will be the winner.... Because western interest or not when they see internal fighting they pull out .... The major arms flow have grown....
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by djseanjohn77: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
Babaken:
When the masses were complaining of government where were the so called ECOWAS or US government to caution the leaders now e don happen they're calling for peace.

As Nigeria is going through this hard time now ECOWAS and the rest are blind but once it happen they will start making noise.

If you ever think these military dictator did this for the masses, you are then a dunce. Whatever happens through military coup-d-etat is always for selfish reasons at the detriment of the masses. The only people who gets to suffer are the masses. Trust me, it will be far worst for the people under military rule than in democracy unless you were not born or grown in the era Nigeria was under military regime. The effect we are feeling today is still a roll-over of the aftermath of their prolonged reign. They completely damaged the mentality of the people such that, it takes God to redeem us.
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by BigBashiru: 12:55pm On Jul 27, 2023
Minsk24:

Because u have nothing to say.... reality will remain reality irrespective of your emotions...
We need the west, we need the east, we must balance these two powers for our own interests...

The West needs Africa more than africa needs it....that's why they came to colonized....

Africa only needs itself....if doesn't need east nor west....

The west are poor savages which is why Africa should be careful when dealing with them.....
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Babaken(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
djseanjohn77:

If you ever think these military dictator did this for the masses, you are then a dunce. Whatever happens through military coup-d-etat is always for selfish reasons at the detriment of the masses. The only people who gets to suffer are the masses. Trust me, it will be far worst for the people under military rule than in democracy unless you were not born or grown in the era Nigeria was under military regime. The effect we are feeling today is still a roll-over of the aftermath of their prolonged reign. They completely damaged the mentality of the people such that, it takes God to redeem us.
The point am raising is the ECOWAS and US government all these complaining and hardship people are going through what has they been saying about just like the past Nigeria presidential election. Am not in anyway in support of military rule.
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by BigBashiru: 1:21pm On Jul 27, 2023
Minsk24:

Your assessement is very plausible, but it is important to note that with the failed wagner mutiny, Moscow will control Wagner even more ,as has been the case for years....
I do not see wagner as a destabilizing force in the sahel region, if they are able to restore stability in return of minerals, that is a good deal...
The only issue is the possibility of the sahel to turn into a proxy battleground between the US and Russia...
It is clear the french led efforts to reign in terrorism in the sahel has failed, if the Niger military turns to Russia, it is not a bad thing...the only thing is for junta to be wise and smart, and not totally alienate the west as Mali is doing... African leaders must balance ties between East and West in this emerging multi-polar world order

Mali is not totalling alienating the west. And if mali totally alienates the west its a good thing bcis the French caused it. The western European is a savage in need of native american and African civilization.
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Minsk24: 1:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
BigBashiru:

The West needs Africa more than africa needs it....that's why they came to colonized....

Africa only needs itself....if doesn't need east nor west....

The west are poor savages which is why Africa should be careful when dealing with them.....
You are very funny, when we are backwards in so many aspects, u think we do not need the west and east, with all the raw materials, will u eat it? Do u not still need technology to harness them?
We need the west, we need the east, that is the way to grow civilization...
It is important to note that because of lackluster attitude of many african states before European colonization, this led to our stunted growth as a civilization...
Look at the way Europeans and Asians from an early stage, interacted, kept records, expanded and improved their civilization...
This is not the time for us to become a pariah, we must work with every nation across the globe to grow...
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Minsk24: 1:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
BigBashiru:

Mali is not totalling alienating the west. And if mali totally alienates the west its a good thing bcis the French caused it. The western European is a savage I need of native american and African civilization.
How is totally alienating the west a good thing? Would u not need the same west for aid, for funding, for foreign direct investment, lots of malians live and work in Europe...
The Malian junta should be sensible, aligning with Russia is a good thing, but do not antagonize the west, use common sense to play balanced politics...
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Minsk24: 1:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
Tradepunter2:

I am retired personal.... We worked hard in propping Niger security wise..... Let tell you on thing, regardless of interest been private or public from a foreign actor.....if the host nation says no, there's nothing you can do... There's a rule you can carry out intelligence operations in a host nation but can never do so on a host nation.
You as a foreign intelligence institution will never know my country or my people more than me. ... The cancer in our security apparatus is factions.... In as much we are working towards a common goal, every faction tend to go all out, this ends up weakening major operational goals.... Some assets within the migratory routes from northern Nigeria via niger were lost when mali decided to be stupid ..... and now this coup will eventually destroy years of work put into setting up infrastructure from northern Nigeria all the way to Libya.....

The terrorist groups will be the winner.... Because western interest or not when they see internal fighting they pull out .... The major arms flow have grown....
Wow, I love your take on this issue, and i have learnt alot, thank you
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by BigBashiru: 1:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
Minsk24:

You are very funny, when we are backwards in so many aspects, u think we do not need the west and east, with all the raw materials, will u eat it? Do u not still need technology to harness them?
We need the west, we need the east, that is the way to grow civilization...
It is important to note that because of lackluster attitude of many african states before European colonization, this led to our stunted growth as a civilization...
Look at the way Europeans and Asians from an early stage, interacted, kept records, expanded and improved their civilization...
This is not the time for us to become a pariah, we must work with every nation across the globe to grow...

In which aspects is Nigeria backward? That's what you hv been taught by CNN and BBC....is it UK that legalized cocain that is forward thinking?

If I tell you the real truth you won't believe it. Most of what you hv in science and technology today such as laws of physics were invented by Africans and Asians.....but the western Europeans claimed it .....

They steal lands by renaming it Johannesburg, Victoria etc....they steal cultures by claiming it was theirs....they steal inventions by trying to claim centuriesold inventions such as laws of relativity as theirs....wake up

They steal art works and keep in their museums..
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by BigBashiru: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
Minsk24:

How is totally alienating the west a good thing? Would u not need the same west for aid, for funding, for foreign direct investment, lots of malians live and work in Europe...
The Malian junta should be sensible, aligning with Russia is a good thing, but do not antagonize the west, use common sense to play balanced politics...

Mali is a signatory to the non-aligned movement....mali recently reduced the status of French as only a working language and not as an official language. My dear the world is not west and east only. Mali is cooperating with Iran among other nations. Mali called Iran a brotherly nation. How comforting.

The mistake you are making is the belief that colonialism is over. Google "Mali accuses France terrorists aljazeera". Note there was an assassination attempt on the current Mali president sponsored by France few years ago in a mosque in Bamako....
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by austinleo38: 1:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
100%

Minsk24:

Exactly, Russian propaganda has brainwashed people to the point where people no fit reason ....
West no be saint, east no be saint either...
Everybody dy find dia own interests....
Is it not the same wagner group that backed khalifa haftar to overthrow the Libyan government, if not that turkey intervened...
The funny thing is france gave covert support to haftar....
All these brainwashed people go dy think say Russia and China are saints...
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by BigBashiru: 2:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
austinleo38:
100%

Russia has no need of any propaganda...you hv issues with Russia but British propaganda which tells you colonial Nigeria was better than present day Nigeria is what you believe.....
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by engrchykae(m): 2:45pm On Jul 27, 2023
Babaken:
When the masses were complaining of government where were the so called ECOWAS or US government to caution the leaders now e don happen they're calling for peace.

As Nigeria is going through this hard time now ECOWAS and the rest are blind but once it happen they will start making noise.
they only concerned about their business and economic looting
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 2:53pm On Jul 27, 2023
haslaw:

Yen yen yen yen yen.....

Nigeria is this. Nigeria is that. Yet Una nearly die of heartache after Insane Nigerians kicked LAMBA to the gutters.

Correct, atleast , Abuja that we have sane people and Lagos that majority are sane except the Agberos in the parks voted for LAMBA....

Are they from South East as well??
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Minsk24: 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
BigBashiru:

Mali is a signatory to the non-aligned movement....mali recently reduced the status of French as only a working language and not as an official language. My dear the world is not west and east only. Mali is cooperating with Iran among other nations. Mali called Iran a brotherly nation. How comforting.

The mistake you are making is the belief that colonialism is over. Google "Mali accuses France terrorists aljazeera". Note there was an assassination attempt on the current Mali president sponsored by France few years ago in a mosque in Bamako....
Non-aligned movement that was formed in 1961, what is its relevance today, especially since the USSR collapsed in 1991...
How is Mali removing French as a national language a good thing, u are talking about a multi ethnic country, so which tribe language will now be official? Do u not see that this would further cause division in the country? Imagine English is removed by tinubu and yoruba becomes official language...
Now if u say u wont have a single official language, does that not further reduce national integration and cohesion?
Colonialism is over, but bigger powers must always seek to expand their influence, this is common nature of man, the big will subdue or control the small....it is left for the small to know how to deal smartly with the big...
Bro Mali is led by the military now, i do not know about the failed assassination, so i will not comment on that
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Minsk24: 3:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
BigBashiru:

Russia has no need of any propaganda...you hv issues with Russia but British propaganda which tells you colonial Nigeria was better than present day Nigeria is what you believe.....
Russia cannot survive with propaganda, Western media will not blatantly lie, they may use emotions via headline and the choice of words in the commentary, but they will not openly lie, that is the difference... Russian media will openly lie, distort facts , and you Bashiru have been brainwashed by Russian propaganda. ..
When did British say life was better back then? Is not common sense to note that the early years of post-colonialism was filled with optimism and growth?
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by Minsk24: 3:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
BigBashiru:

In which aspects is Nigeria backward? That's what you hv been taught by CNN and BBC....is it UK that legalized cocain that is forward thinking?

If I tell you the real truth you won't believe it. Most of what you hv in science and technology today such as laws of physics were invented by Africans and Asians.....but the western Europeans claimed it .....

They steal lands by renaming it Johannesburg, Victoria etc....they steal cultures by claiming it was theirs....they steal inventions by trying to claim centuriesold inventions such as laws of relativity as theirs....wake up

They steal art works and keep in their museums..

Do you need a soothsayer to tell you that the African continent is backwards in almost all aspect used to rate a modern society? Is that not why the poorest and underdeveloped countries are in Africa?
Cocaine is a class A drug in UK, it is not legal...

You are very funny, how did Europeans claim it? What the European have done is what is needed to advance civilization, u go out via trade, migration, u learn more about other worlds, u bring what u have learnt and add to your knowledge, that is how civilization grows...
In the ancient times, tru wars and expansion, large states were able to bring lots of people under one rule, making it easy for exchange of ideas .. another method was through trade, for example the Chinese used the silk road to advance trade and ideas with central asia and Europe...
Lots of invention today as u mentioned have roots from different parts of the world, but then , Europeans and american , Russians and Chinese and others have studied and added their knowledge to bring out new ideas, theories, commercial viable products e.t.c

Europeans did not steal lands, they conquered Lands, when u conquer a territory, it belongs to you, of course to the loosers of the war, it is stolen...if u conquer a land, it is very important to rename it, it is a psychological blow to the loosers , this is a common practice...i am sure if you trace your history, your own tribes must have fought wars and expanded in the past...
War is synonymous with the history of mankind, we can only hope to evolve and grow to the point where we can eliminate wars...
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by KennethEnyi(m): 4:14pm On Jul 27, 2023
Quelme:
The decolonization of Francophone West Africa is in full swing. Just today Mali removed French as it official language.

Africans are gradually waking up and ready to take back their continent from imperialist.

Bazoum is a stooge imposed by France and his removal is a welcome development.

ÔYa let us Nigerians wake up too and drop English 😂😂
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by haslaw(m): 4:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Correct, atleast , Abuja that we have sane people and Lagos that majority are sane except the Agberos in the parks voted for LAMBA....

Are they from South East as well??

1)DUMB&ST00PEED IPOB actually expect LAMBA to be president over the state's he won.

2)LAMBA won Lagos and Abuja because he campaigned with religious sentiments.

3)Obi or any other IIGB0S will never smell the presidency as they are not true Nigerians. They are 3rd class citizens.
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:26pm On Jul 27, 2023
haslaw:

1)DUMB&ST00PEED IPOB actually expect LAMBA to be president over the state's he won.

2)LAMBA won Lagos and Abuja because he campaigned with religious sentiments.

3)Obi or any other IIGB0S will never smell the presidency as they are not true Nigerians. They are 3rd class citizens.

Lols, your tribe and other tribes that are smelling it, how has Nigeria benefited from the criminals?

Is obvious your tribe and other tribes have only criminals to represent Nigeria while IGBOS have reserved personalities to take the bull by the horn....lols

Let me write it in bold letters for you.....

NIGERIA CAN NEVER SMELL GOOD GOVERNMENT OR DEVELOPMENTS OR COMPARED TO OTHER DEVELOPED WORLD COUNTRIES UNTIL AN IGBO MAN TAKES THAT SEAT.........lols
grin grin angry grin grin tongue tongue tongue
How many Years is Nigeria now, how many years are you?
Mark my words......you will be 100yrs and still see Nigeria as a decayed Nation....lols

A curse is a curse and a reprobate mind, who can cure it?
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by haslaw(m): 10:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Lols, your tribe and other tribes that are smelling it, how has Nigeria benefited from the criminals?

Is obvious your tribe and other tribes have only criminals to represent Nigeria while IGBOS have reserved personalities to take the bull by the horn....lols

Let me write it in bold letters for you.....

NIGERIA CAN NEVER SMELL GOOD GOVERNMENT OR DEVELOPMENTS OR COMPARED TO OTHER DEVELOPED WORLD COUNTRIES UNTIL AN IGBO MAN TAKES THAT SEAT.........lols
grin grin angry grin grin tongue tongue tongue
How many Years is Nigeria now, how many years are you?
Mark my words......you will be 100yrs and still see Nigeria as a decayed Nation....lols

A curse is a curse and a reprobate mind, who can cure it?

Humans are talking and even a 3rd class SLAVE thinks he can open his gutter mouth.

I didn't read your gibberish because couldn't stoop low to read the gibberish written by one SLAVE

Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by nomolos92: 11:40pm On Jul 27, 2023
nairalanda1:

1.Right about Russia and Mali, and Africa being a West vs East ground...looking towards Russia and China is exchanging one chain for another.

2.Russia did not cause the war in Sudan, neither did China, the Americans, Israel or even Ethopia. Sudan caused the war in Sudan. And the sad thing is that everyone from Russia to the US is screaming at then to stop. Wagner has nothing to do with it.

Truly Sudanese are the one fighting and suffering in the war but Russia is involved, Russia always use Wagner to do their dirty job, go and verify
www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/4/17/what-is-the-wagner-groups-role-in-sudan
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by nomolos92: 11:41pm On Jul 27, 2023
austinleo38:
Bro! Since all these bullshit. Na only ur comment don make sense to be to be honest. I no understand why people dey support east over west or west over east. One feel like say den don loose out dey use Africa in this modern world for bait and stupid people dey think say west na the bad guy wen even east also na war be den food. SMH.

It's appalling
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 1:51am On Jul 28, 2023
haslaw:

Humans are talking and even a 3rd class SLAVE thinks he can open his gutter mouth.

I didn't read your gibberish because couldn't stoop low to read the gibberish written by one SLAVE

Wisdom is very costly.....I was not writing for you but for those who can still be sane in thoughts
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by DaChosenOne: 2:49am On Jul 28, 2023
Quelme:
The decolonization of Francophone West Africa is in full swing. Just today Mali removed French as it official language.

Africans are gradually waking up and ready to take back their continent from imperialist.

Bazoum is a stooge imposed by France and his removal is a welcome development.

Whats make you think that the Chinese and Russians aren't colonisers? African men are a strange bunch.
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by haslaw(m): 4:20am On Jul 28, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Wisdom is very costly.....I was not writing for you but for those who can still be sane in thoughts

Water will always find its level which is why SLAVES write for for their own kind
Re: Niger: US Condemns Coup, 'Detention' Of President Bazoum by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
haslaw:

Water will always find its level which is why SLAVES write for for their own kind

Can you define who a slave is

Does slaves form opposition??....lols

Slaves only abide by their masters wishes ....

Enroll in my tutor class for basic 4 kids ....lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Should Trade Between African Countries Be In Dollars - Ruto / Hamas Terrorists Interrogation Video / Nicaragua Seizes Former Taiwan Embassy To Give It To China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.