Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,320 members, 7,829,789 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:46 AM

Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years (26418 Views)

Omotunde Adebowale-David Lolo1’s Mother Remarries At 56 (Photos, Video) / Rare Pictures Of Obasanjo And His Wife During Their Wedding In UK 56 Years Ago / Lagos Socialite, Toyin Igbira Dies At 56 After Prolonged Illness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Mom007(f): 9:20pm On Jul 26, 2023
Yea, I remember her... The song was haunting... Too bad.
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by VULCAN(m): 9:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
Nairaland is the first and only place I have ever read the words cousin sister.

It's an aberration.

atilla:
RIP madam

Remind me of cousin sister and I watching MTV's those days 94 95.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by PaulH07: 9:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Off topic, but that Prince was a song writing machine.

At the time of his death, he allegedly had 500 songs, that have never been sung yet...but written...kept in a vault somewhere.

Yimu, na so dem say 2pac sef get 2milliom songs written and hidden somewhere.

Make dem dey use lamba Bambu you for there cheesy

1 Like

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Banbanna(m): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2023
Sad to hear of the passing of yet another of my playlist songstress after the recently deceased Tina Turner. May her soul rest in peace. Nothing compares remains ever epic

1 Like

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 9:42pm On Jul 26, 2023
Oh no. cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by grandstar(m): 9:44pm On Jul 26, 2023
I remember her quite well.

Pity she's dead. Her son's death was the last straw.

1 Like

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Banbanna(m): 10:00pm On Jul 26, 2023
Franzinni:
Fame is prison... The freedom I have most celebrities wish they can afford but they can't and it's usually the little things that they loose access to ... Fame killed curt Cobain, fame ran Kanye insane, fame forced kimbo slice to a heart attack, Fame killed rich Piana, Fame killed Micheal Jackson, prince , eithney Houston, 2pac, biggie,juice world, kingvon, it's a very steep price to pay for fame...

Fame is prison, limiting your freedom to a handful of options, restricting you to a handful of options that become stale and drab pretty quick while your handlers turn you into a robot in a despirate bid to maximize profit
Yeah, this fame thing really has its dark side. I guess that's the price they'd have to pay. But which one come be Eithney Houston nau wink. This isn't cool for our late diva,
Whitney undecided

4 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2023
Almiron:
I have never heard of her, but RIP

No wonder u support Messi...and u act like a child on NL.... certain u just started watching football.... Will never argue with u again... either u are local or a child if u don't know her

1 Like

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Almiron: 10:05pm On Jul 26, 2023
Another looonatic stalking me again, penadog sighted above. You will hang yourself laslas

2 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by armadeo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
naptu2:

I was just listening to this song ( both of them ) last week. I even watched a recent rendition by her after 20 years or so.

This is sad.

Rip

the world is losing stars

2 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Banbanna(m): 10:11pm On Jul 26, 2023
nairalanda1:

Off topic, but that Prince was a song writing machine.

At the time of his death, he allegedly had 500 songs, that have never been sung yet...but written...kept in a vault somewhere.
Just wondering how those written songs are going to be turned into recorded songs, him not being around they seem useless. Maybe those Yankee people fit use AI technology run am, who knows undecided

2 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Ishilove: 10:13pm On Jul 26, 2023
armadeo:

I was just listening to this song ( both of them ) last week. I even watched a recent rendition by her after 20 years or so.

This is sad.

Rip

the world is losing stars
Seems like she committed suicide. I'm just speculating but the body language of her surviving relatives seems to lean towards it.
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Ishilove: 10:15pm On Jul 26, 2023
atilla:
RIP madam

Remind me of cousin sister and I watching MTV's those days 94 95.
*female cousin. There is no such word as 'cousin sister' or 'cousin brother '.

1 Like

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by CaptainFM1: 10:36pm On Jul 26, 2023
Oh dear!.........I was listening to her song "Nothing compares to you" just yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:55pm On Jul 26, 2023
May Allah accept her soul. Good to know she accepted Islam before her death.

2 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by uuzba(m): 11:06pm On Jul 26, 2023
VULCAN:
Nairaland is the first and only place I have ever read the words cousin sister.

It's an aberration.

3 people
Cousin (comma) Sister (comma) and I
Cousin, sister and I

1 Like

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by XAUBulls: 11:09pm On Jul 26, 2023

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Almiron: 11:32pm On Jul 26, 2023
Beverlyjean:

No wonder u support Messi...and u act like a child on NL.... certain u just started watching football.... Will never argue with u again... either u are local or a child if u don't know her
Dvmbfvck said I’m local 😂😂, oloribu have you ever stepped out of this country before, do you even have a passport. Riffraff, I never chop. I don’t know her cos I don’t listen to whatever type of music she does. One thing is certain, I live your dreams, whatever you dream to achieve in your life, I don do am already. This is faceless forum to catch cruise not feelings, but in real life you can’t even get close to me.

You’ll wail till death cos obviously you’re stalking me now, nah ppl wey no get life dey stalk ppl online. I bet your papa still Dey feed your sorry asssss

2 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Franzinni: 12:09am On Jul 27, 2023
Banbanna:
Yeah, this fame thing really has its dark side. I guess that's the price they'd have to pay. But which one come be Eithney Houston nau wink. This isn't cool for our late diva,
Whitney undecided
my bad ... Thanks Chief

2 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by armadeo(m): 12:35am On Jul 27, 2023
Ishilove:
Seems like she committed suicide. I'm just speculating but the body language of her surviving relatives seems to lean towards it.

Really. That would be quite sad. Maybe the loss of her son was too much to bear. It's a possibility.

Either way she's gone forever.

2 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by armadeo(m): 12:37am On Jul 27, 2023
XAUBulls:

Sinead O'Connor on Rick Dees' Weekly top 40s.

She was on the music charts back in the very early 1990s... The end of a cycle.

A man of culture sighted.

We are old school....
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Sirianese: 12:38am On Jul 27, 2023
Four kids with four different men

She must've been really troubled!
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Sleekfingers: 1:42am On Jul 27, 2023
KingDash09:
People just dey die this year

Which year people didn't die?
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by naptu2: 2:13am On Jul 27, 2023
naptu2:
This is the cover version.

MXM - Nothing Compares 2 U (1990)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVz9LYWxRuY
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Krismas(m): 2:39am On Jul 27, 2023
adecz:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12341117/amp/Sinead-OConnor-dead-Irish-music-legend-dies-aged-56-years-mental-health-battles-18-months-17-year-old-son-Shane-passed-away.html
cool Sinead O’Connor has PASSED. RIP. Listening to her song NOTHING COMPARES TO U, I always can’t suppress my wonder why singers usually produce so many works but end up being recognized for only one! Sinead sang many songs but all her fame, fortune and laurels came from only NOTHING COMPARES TO U. And that’s the only song being talked about her, even after she passed. May her soul RIPP.

2 Likes

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Keegan: 2:52am On Jul 27, 2023
May her soul rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by lesbiconverter: 4:19am On Jul 27, 2023
Messed up her life with religion from frying pan to fire.
I hope she rests in peace
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by KingDash09(m): 5:17am On Jul 27, 2023
But the death rate no reach this year own na cawo
Sleekfingers:

Which year people didn't die?
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Vifx: 6:42am On Jul 27, 2023
TechCapon:
Never heard of her
People and self importance sheesh
You don’t know her then shut the hell up and allow those who knew and loved her to mourn her
The world doesn’t revolve around you ken
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Goldbw122(m): 7:04am On Jul 27, 2023
Rip
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Haveyoueatentod: 7:10am On Jul 27, 2023
Rip ma. I use to sing the song as no B complex to use in my kindergarten years...Omo I done old o grin grin
Re: Singer Sinead O'Connor Dead At 56 Years by Beverlyjean(f): 7:31am On Jul 27, 2023
Almiron:
Dvmbfvck said I’m local 😂😂, oloribu have you ever stepped out of this country before, do you even have a passport. Riffraff, I never chop. I don’t know her cos I don’t listen to whatever type of music she does. One thing is certain, I live your dreams, whatever you dream to achieve in your life, I don do am already. This is faceless forum to catch cruise not feelings, but in real life you can’t even get close to me.

You’ll wail till death cos obviously you’re stalking me now, nah ppl wey no get life dey stalk ppl online. I bet your papa still Dey feed your sorry asssss

U are a teenager...I don't have to argue with u...we now know reason y u have so much time ... Till u become an adult

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ned Nwoko, Regina Daniels Receive ATTENTION Magazine, Pose With Alexreport (vide / Diane Oputa 60th Birthday: Charly Boy Celebrates His Wife, Lady D / Wizkid's 2nd Son, Ayo's 1st Birthday Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.