Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,042 members, 7,814,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique (43789 Views)

NLC Warns Imo Govt, Wike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique On Nationwide Strike / Pictures Of NLC President Ajaero & Oshiomhole At The FG & NLC Meeting / Tinubu's Full Statement On Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by bigcasava1(m): 1:25am On Jul 27, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Reference(m): 1:30am On Jul 27, 2023
Triangles1:
There's something I don't understand about the ruling of Nigeria Government affairs, for now, I don't want to say anything because I supported this motive of subsidy removal, even obedient are in line with the removal of subsidy.

There's something some of us don't understand unless we join them, this remind me of if you can't beat them you join them.

Which one is 'even Obedient...'
Nigerians love sentiment.
What concerns the Labour party and this administration or the APC that has misruled for 8 years. Is that not the source of your sufferings.

That is what a panelist on a popular Abuja radio station says every Wednesday. 'Labour this, Obi that...' as if the Labour party is in power or has been in power. The man has not once called out the government, the ruling party or its hallowed candidates past or present by name or other opposition parties for that matter. Running scared of offending the powers that be.

They will lend all their support to their dear APC and exalt their president as maxim ruler only to run to the so called 'paltry party' they fight tooth and nail to keep out of government and claim not to have a structure, to hide under and chide for the reason for their sufferings.

But they have forgotten that the lanyard of Obi's mandate and the historical point of his popularity has always been about prudence in public finances and accountability, two legs of the country 's economy severely undermined by the ruling party.

Obi and the Labour party has nothing to do with why Nigeria is like this and has no solutions to this outside the powers of authority or opposition. Face your government and your ruling party.

During GEJ'a regime no one blamed the opposition APC for any problem in Nigeria or the CPC/AD throughout the 16 years of the PDP. Don't rope LP or Obi into this.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Bovis(m): 1:41am On Jul 27, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
If the FG can disobey court orders to free MNK, then the NLC should disobey the fake and deceptive NIC court orders not to embark on strike.

He that comes to equity must come with a hand washed with hypo

Kanu’s case is still in court pending the outcome of appeal filed to the Supreme Court by the FGN
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/562181-ipob-appeal-court-stops-execution-of-judgement-freeing-nnamdi-kanu.html
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by sexysailor23(m): 1:47am On Jul 27, 2023
, the suffering is much
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Pj12345: 2:13am On Jul 27, 2023
AS FOR ME Oooooo, IF THEY SAY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IS BAD THEN, THE N L.C. IS THE WORST FOR COLLECTING BRIBE ALL THESE YEASR AND NOT BEEN ACTIVE.....
USELESS GOVERNMENT AND CORRUPT N.L.C. INSIDE NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by jayAjoku(m): 3:14am On Jul 27, 2023
Miamii1:
I hope they would be serious this time around
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ serious Keh be like you just come Nigeria yesterday morning πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by chiboycue: 3:17am On Jul 27, 2023
References1:

https://www.nlcng.org/communique-at-the-end-of-the-central-workingcommittee-cwc-meeting-of-the-nigeria-labour-congress-nlc-held-on-tuesday-the-25th-day-of-july-2023/

NLC should just commerce their strike immediately. Giving Government 7 days ultimatum would not work . This would make the Government to strategize by going to industrial court and obtaining a restraining order against NLC before 2nd August, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by DKM123: 3:39am On Jul 27, 2023
All this toothless bulldogs.
Just like JOHESU, Students Union Governments and the rest, they will soon go and collect stipends at the back of the door at night and in the morning, start taking pictures with the thieves. Then with toothpicks in thier mouth, call off the strike even before it begins.

All of una go chop renewed shege for not having sense in that country. This is just the beginning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Jeffy1206(m): 3:40am On Jul 27, 2023
Triangles1:
There's something I don't understand about the ruling of Nigeria Government affairs, for now, I don't want to say anything because I supported this motive of subsidy removal, even obedient are in line with the removal of subsidy.

There's something some of us don't understand unless we join them, this remind me of if you can't beat them you join them.
point of correction, obidients are not in support of this kind of insensitive subsidy removal. The man is simply a monumental failure. Shebi una say he get experience na? πŸ˜‘πŸ€”πŸ€”

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Psychokinetic: 3:42am On Jul 27, 2023
References1:

https://www.nlcng.org/communique-at-the-end-of-the-central-workingcommittee-cwc-meeting-of-the-nigeria-labour-congress-nlc-held-on-tuesday-the-25th-day-of-july-2023/
Lol… Nor worry. This time Lagos State go approve mass burial for 5000 bodies. yoruba Mozulem 🐷🐷🐷🐷s go learn lesson by fire by force 😊
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Jeffy1206(m): 3:44am On Jul 27, 2023
Reference:

Which one is 'even Obedient...'
Nigerians love sentiment.
What concerns the Labour party and this administration or the APC that has misruled for 8 years. Is that not the source of your sufferings.

That is what a panelist on a popular Abuja radio station says every Wednesday. 'Labour this, Obi that...' as if the Labour party is in power or has been in power. The man has not once called out the government, the ruling party or its hallowed candidates past or present by name or other opposition parties for that matter. Running scared of offending the powers that be.

They will lend all their support to their dear APC and exalt their president as maxim ruler only to run to the so called 'paltry party' they fight tooth and nail to keep out of government and claim not to have a structure, to hide under and chide for the reason for their sufferings.

But they have forgotten that the lanyard of Obi's mandate and the historical point of his popularity has always been about prudence in public finances and accountability, two legs of the country 's economy severely undermined by the ruling party.

Obi and the Labour party has nothing to do with why Nigeria is like this and has no solutions to this outside the powers of authority or opposition. Face your government and your ruling party.

During GEJ'a regime no one blamed the opposition APC for any problem in Nigeria or the CPC/AD throughout the 16 years of the PDP. Don't rope LP or Obi into this.
eggzactly my brother! You deserve 5 bottles of henessy. πŸ‘πŸ»πŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎ

4 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by walefresh3(m): 3:59am On Jul 27, 2023
JoshTim:
Well, I support this. Government should do something....massive investment in Agric, incentive system in agric, land acquisition and seed capital of at least 1million with mechanisation support for anyone willing to go through agric training and go to farm...government have to ensure the security of same. This will decongest the cities, increase productivity, food prices crashing, infact, fuel price will crash....sometimes, I wonder if our leaders even have brain at all.

Have always maintained that the way out of this shit is massive real sector development without which the citizens will live in poverty for eternity.

This is a simple solution. You won't know how this thing bites if you are not the one paying for everything:fuel, food, Tfare, the number of beggars at every corner have increased....

It amazes me that the federal government has done nothing even till now about alleviating the impact of these 'hard' policies on the common man. Equally, the list of cabinet members has not been unveiled. You don't do that except you want to kill your citizens.

Time for politicking is over, they should get the fucking tools and start working.
bros dis is the responsibility of the state government not fg . We put somany things on fg ...

State should sponsor their citizens into farming... Provide them every necessary amenities...

Fg can't do it all...

Ivory coast removed subsidy from fuel consumption too...

Many ivorians with personal vehicle embarked on mases transit provided by each state government not even their fg ...

Each state in ivory coast initiated policies on how to curtail the increment in hike of consumption good and transportation...

Such ideas can be done in Nigeria... But we all look up to the fg alone...

What are the responsibility of the state government ?

I think the state government have more stake in dis than the fg himself...

We love to fight wrong fight in dis country because of hate...

I am not in support of any protest... In any part of nigeria ..

And if majority supporters of labor party deem fit is the only option .. I think dey should start from south east first... being the headquarters of supporters of the party We can test the Mick from there...

Maybe after 3 weeks we will join in the West...

No protest in any yorubaland...
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by nairalanda1(m): 4:19am On Jul 27, 2023
Back in 2012, I did not back the NLC strike, and right now I don't for the same reason....Nigeria cannot afford more fuel subsides.

The best NLC should fight for is some form of salary increase, but even then, we are all loaned up.

We are in this shit because we spent today's money yesterday, and kept on spending it, and called people who warned us about it 'IMF stooges and running dogs of the imperialists. Well, here we are.

Maintiaing subsides is even more anti-people long term than keeping them

The annoying thing is that back in 2012, people would have called me a GEJ supporter, and right now people would call me a Tinubu supporter, and a liar. But it isn't a lie that we cannot afford subsides. I wish it was not so, I hate what PDP and APC have done to this country, and for good measure years of army rule....but we cannot go back and change the past, we cannot go back to 1993, and strongly advise the government then to remove subsides....we can only face front and our current cirucmstances, and make tough but hard decisions.
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by HenryWilliams(m): 4:33am On Jul 27, 2023
Eagle360:
Wabba made this union useless during his reign.

Next move of FG, rush to court to obtain injunction.
Harass, threatening trade union leaders with DSS
NLC suspend strike
NNPCLC hike PMS price to N710 per litre.
NLC shout again like a barking dog.
FG promise immediately salary review, NLC enter negotiation with FG.

Negotiation and review of salary not concluded till January 2026.

January 1, 2025, hike in fuel price N825

Rinse and repeat
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by DDota: 4:41am On Jul 27, 2023
Waited for long. Though better late than never.
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by aybabz101: 4:46am On Jul 27, 2023
EgusiSoup:

If you don't have anything sensible to say, sometimes it's better to shut up the gutter you call mouth and don't exhibit public display of nude nuisancee.

Spits!

if u like dehydrate your body of all the available and potential spits, facts remains facts.....i gave out my observations instead of you to proffer a counter opinion or call some of my points to order, na abuse u dey rain. typical of the half baked literates we have judging everything with emotions. You better sit down to study economics and know what's is going on.....

How can a country with crude oil have no refinery? Even Poland with no crude has one!

Most of our best performing companies are foreign companies who at the end of each fiscal year will expatriate their profit in dollars to their parent country.....

A country that is entirely import dependent with over 200 million population! you even import your food.

My point is if you sit down to study Nigeria very well, u will know that we are just starting with economic hardship..... even if you decide to start building a refinery tomorrow, at least you will pass through the construction period not considering the bureaucracy and corruption that will accompany it......they have been repairing PH refinery since time immemorial.....

You had better plan urself with multiple income stream ......coz shege dey come oooo!
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Mayflowa(m): 4:47am On Jul 27, 2023
aybabz101:
I dont know what the strike aims to achieve......coz the government cannot keep on subsidizing fuel. Their strike is technically to increase minimum wage which will only apply to the government workers and corporate workers with the vast population still the same...

this thing is simple....the government needs money to keep running which at the moment the government don't have, cos over 90% of their earnings is spent on debt servicing....... therefore, subsidy must go!

im also a citizen feeling the pain oooo......but the truth nothing any body can do at the moment....the country has been terribly ran by successive administrations and we are now feeling the results of poor management....

In fact, i believe the worst is yet to come...talking from economic facts and figures without emotions......

Yes, NLC should know the problem is not fuel subsidy. That was a massive corruption pipe that dealt blow to our economy and left us in debt. I wonder how Nigeria fuel is N617 per litre when it is twice more all over the world. Nigeria has the cheapest fuel as we speak. However there are ways the government could have manage this that would have reduced the impact on Nigeria. Our biggest problem is exchange rate. If it is N200 per dollar, our fuel would have cost N150 at the pump. If Tinubu had controlled the dollar as Buhari/Emefiele, fuel would have been N300 per litre.

Tinubu would have taken subsidy away and support the dollar at CBN. The economic crumbled because he took out all the economic support at the same time. NLC should advocate for dollar support. It is now clear leaving dollar to float is detrimental to our economy at least for now. Right now, we are even in a good stage to support the dollars since we are saving money from forex. The second thing to do is to increase public service salary. Not doing so amount to killing them. The other money should go into infrastructure building roads and railway for mass mass transit. The citizen should be able to have a monthly transportation card access to government buses and trains. Last thing to do is to support business and school through loans.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by livebullet(m): 4:57am On Jul 27, 2023
001Lagos:
This strike must hold this time

Enough of Tinubu and his foolish policies

Oga no let Dem use your head like dustbin.
NLC n Fed govt na 5&6.
Nlc is just a barking dog that barks when they need bone.
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by aybabz101: 4:58am On Jul 27, 2023
Minjim:

Over 90% was spent on debt serving.

Who collected those debt?
What did they do with it?

Why can't the government put palliative measures in place before removing subsidy?
This current pricing is dubious. There is nothing like Market forces here. It just NNPC fixing prices and others following.
If you've noticed, NNPC is always the first to increase its pump price. Then the next day every marketer will adjust.
There are lies in this subsidy remover. This current price is not justifiable because just last year NNPC gave us a smaller figure.

I'm supporting this strike. FG is carrying on as if the masses are not suffering. This is a callous FG. We need to unite

What im saying is strike or no strike oooo subsidy is gone....it was only budgeted for till june ending by the Buhari's administration and the palliative planned by the previous government of 5K which was upped to 8K by the present administration.......

I believe the best that can come out of the strike is for the minimum wage to be jacked up to like 50K which will be payed only by government agencies and corporate organizations with heavy taxes leaving behind the majority of the Nigerian working population.... coz these government and corporate workers are like 20% of the working population with the union leaders enriching themselves.

The best that can happen is may be the protest can be unprecedented and lead to technical revolution......but under this bureaucratic system, i expect nothing to happen....
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Bfly: 4:58am On Jul 27, 2023
The government don see the masses finish.
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by hademmy: 5:04am On Jul 27, 2023
Foolish people, ask yourself how many people get employed for this country self? If you are doing all this your madness,do you catered for unemployed too or are they not Nigerian, you fight for your pocket alone. I could remembered COVID only govt workers get paid, other citizens nko...... God punish all of unah
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by SIONKPO1(m): 5:21am On Jul 27, 2023
Let's blame the Judiciary that always issue kangaroo Injunctions in support of the Executhieves.
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Steinmann: 5:21am On Jul 27, 2023
TINUBUCHADNEZZAR.
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by egoldman(m): 5:29am On Jul 27, 2023
aybabz101:
I dont know what the strike aims to achieve......coz the government cannot keep on subsidizing fuel. Their strike is technically to increase minimum wage which will only apply to the government workers and corporate workers with the vast population still the same...

this thing is simple....the government needs money to keep running which at the moment the government don't have, cos over 90% of their earnings is spent on debt servicing....... therefore, subsidy must go!

im also a citizen feeling the pain oooo......but the truth nothing any body can do at the moment....the country has been terribly ran by successive administrations and we are now feeling the results of poor management....

In fact, i believe the worst is yet to come...talking from economic facts and figures without emotions......

Do you know what happens when surgery is done without first applying anesthesia?
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:30am On Jul 27, 2023
AWONEYAN:
Let's go there....

Before renewed hope becomes renewed suffering.

The baba wey want to hit the ground running has turned us to be running on our legs ...

NLC no back off oo
we are in renew suffering already, we keep praying it overturn to renew hope because if this suffering should continue, majority won't survive it
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Adekdammy: 5:33am On Jul 27, 2023
NLC should stop giving ultimatums, it gives room for them to negotiate for themselves meaning they call off strike actions without achieving anything. If they are serious,they should do the needful immediately.

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by benobyeze(m): 5:35am On Jul 27, 2023
Good one. But don't go back and collect bribe as usual.
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by JoshTim: 5:52am On Jul 27, 2023
walefresh3:
bros dis is the responsibility of the state government not fg . We put somany things on fg ...

State should sponsor their citizens into farming... Provide them every necessary amenities...

Fg can't do it all...

Ivory coast removed subsidy from fuel consumption too...

Many ivorians with personal vehicle embarked on mases transit provided by each state government not even their fg ...

Each state in ivory coast initiated policies on how to curtail the increment in hike of consumption good and transportation...

Such ideas can be done in Nigeria... But we all look up to the fg alone...

What are the responsibility of the state government ?

I think the state government have more stake in dis than the fg himself...

We love to fight wrong fight in dis country because of hate...

I am not in support of any protest... In any part of nigeria ..

And if majority supporters of labor party deem fit is the only option .. I think dey should start from south east first... being the headquarters of supporters of the party We can test the Mick from there...

Maybe after 3 weeks we will join in the West...

No protest in any yorubaland...

It is not the sole responsibility of state government even though they aren't excluded. We arent talking about arable farming here...it's a whole diversification project am talking about. It must be all inclusive and big....federal government, state government and private sector have to be involved and staked...

Imagine, the government can stoop so low to distribute 8k cash...is it not foolishness to start distributing money in an already inflated economy. How far will it go?

1 Like

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by CJStarz: 5:57am On Jul 27, 2023
An hour to the strike,d FG go go obtain one court injunction preventing d NLC from embarking on d strike action. Abeg make Dem shift.
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by aybabz101: 5:58am On Jul 27, 2023
egoldman:

Do you know what happens when surgery is done without first applying anesthesia?

the anesthesia the government proposed was the 8K...am i wrong?
Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by nitt: 6:00am On Jul 27, 2023
aybabz101:

Continue to give these useless people excuses

What has the government done to cut down governance?

In a situation where you removed subsidy you are buying 40billion with of suvs, allocated 70billion naira as palliative for yourselves and you say there is no money to run government?

Have they reduced the number of theirpolitical sides and convoys?. Infact, most increased them!..

See ehn! I want to use one bad word for you but let me just stop here before your left eye turns to the back of your head angry

Always defending nonsense! Are you so proud to be a Slave

2 Likes

Re: Nationwide Strike: Full Statement Of NLC Communique by Moz22: 6:15am On Jul 27, 2023
peter0071:
we have been waiting for this action from the NLC since
there’s no actual need for this really… we are fine!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unveiling Atiku Abubakar's 26 Children / Rauf Olaniyan Denied Access To Ajimobi’s 8th Day Fidau / Coronavirus: FG To Evacuate Nigerians Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.