Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,488 members, 7,816,154 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police (23827 Views)

Frank Mba Promoted To The Rank Of A Commissioner Of Police (photos) / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Abba Kyari Promoted To Deputy Commissioner Of Police, Becomes Youngest DCP At 43 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Jeffrey22(m): 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
You never recover the millions na Nairaland you run come first

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by broadman20: 3:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
Isokiscool:
Op since u are very civil,educated,smart and more intelligent than those officers u called touts,slowpoke and agberos,when next police recruitment form is out make sure u pick up the form and be a policeman u wish for

What nonsense are you saying here?

All he is pointing out here is that most low carder police personnel needs good training to function well for the betterment of the society.

I usually wonder the kind of brains most of you here are made of.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by slowice(m): 3:57pm On Jul 27, 2023
Well, this is usually the case.... The commissioners are usually more reasonable one.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by correctguy101(m): 3:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

Comrade. I was beaten like a common thief. The ipo was saying that until blood comes out from my ears, he won't stop punching my ears except I give up the location of the contractor.

grin grin

Abeg no vex o. Shey blood later come out?. I mean from the ear .. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ba7man(m): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
In the Police force, the higher the rank, the more civil their behaviour.

It's those low level officers that are mostly ill mannered and shout "Park!!! Park!!!!" up and down.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ukaface(f): 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2023
seborrhic:
You ended up showing how low the Nigerian police is and has been.
That a state police commissioner would have to interrogate you personally for an alleged crime that is even a civil matter,is just so indicting and clownish of the police that I would have dismissed it as one of those fake stories.
Commissioner of police of a state that would be so busy attending to issues from various state commands,police headquarters and state goverment and delegating officers under him to carry out various duties and functions,invites you for interrogation in his office!
Oh my God!
He doesn't even know his job or so poorly trained that he has no idea what the role of a state commissioner of police is!!
Nigeria is not structured
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Blitzking: 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money, and my partner's felt since I contracted him, I must have been aware of the move, especially as I did not file any report to the police.

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the station for questioning(actually the police head quarters in the state). The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

I was later taken to the office of the commissioner of police for the state.

You would not believe my disappointment. I was expecting to see an agile, fit athletic man that can run around, draw out his fire arm to engage in any hostile situation. (too many Hollywood movies right!)

Anyways, I saw one fat, pot bellied, more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from him (I had judged the book by the cover).

He interviewed me for less than 10 minutes, but his wisdom in those few minutes could be likened to that of King Solomon in the Bible.

What the man lacked in looks and physique, he made up for it in his head.

I then realised that maybe he climbed to that position using more of his brains to solve cases than muscles.

I was really impressed with his judgment. To cut the long story short, I was released on bail. I'm to report back at the station on Friday to see how the case will proceed.

I can tell you that in that station, only the commissioner was civil, well mannered, respectful, lawful. Infact he is the embodiment of what the police force should be.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people like the commissioner who can be at the lower ranks?

Let me end here for now. Share your own encounter with any commissioner or police officer.
That's the difference between recruits and learned officers who were trained both home and abroad..I once met a retired powerful army man this man studied in the US with ppl like obj and buhari they all went to usa for a course early in their career they also fought in the civil war..this man is very learned and is doing well for himself after the war he begged his ogas he wanted to go to school and they allowed him..justice you can't compare nda and recruits

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by beardedboy(m): 4:02pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money, and my partner's felt since I contracted him, I must have been aware of the move, especially as I did not file any report to the police.

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the station for questioning(actually the police head quarters in the state). The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

You would not believe my disappointment. I was expecting to see an agile, fit athletic man that can run around, draw out his fire arm to engage in any hostile situation. (too many Hollywood movies right!)

Anyways, I saw one fat, pot bellied, more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from him (I had judged the book by the cover).

He interviewed me for less than 10 minutes, but his wisdom in those few minutes could be likened to that of King Solomon in the Bible.

I then realised that maybe he climbed to that position using more of his brains to solve cases than muscles.

I was really impressed with his judgment. To cut the long story short, I was released on bail. I'm to report back at the station on Friday to see how the case will proceed.

I can tell you that in that station, only the commissioner was civil, well mannered, respectful, lawful. Infact he is the embodiment of what the police force should be.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people like the commissioner who can be at the lower ranks?

Let me end here for now. Share your own encounter with any commissioner or police officer.
You have been scammed. Or as UK people will say; you've been mugged.

Politicians and political appointees always keep a distance from derogatory acts and speech. Whereas, they're the ones sending some miscreants to do the dirty jobs for them.

Ekweremadu tried to do the same thing in the UK but he was caught by their strong system/institution. He claimed that he only gave those guys money to get a donor but he didn't know that they were doing it illegally.

Same thing this your commissioner and his likes do. They ask every police post/station to return a certain amount by the end of the month. Yet they claim to have nothing to do with the unjust and unprofessional acts of police officers.

Who's deceiving who?

13 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by beardedboy(m): 4:04pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

Since you know how to put words together to form a sentence, maybe you should create your own thread and detail your own experiences let others comment.

The salary is too small for his level of education.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by happney65: 4:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
Your case never solve finish,you dey talk about it for Nairaland

Omo,I pity you o.. Olopa ma ni?

Kontinue. grin
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by lukesh(m): 4:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
His civility is part of the system whole torturing process. Carrot and stick. He's aware of the brute interrogation you undergone. When they see that hard way is unyielding, they resort to persuasion. Though, he may be the conscience of the system, I assure you that he's part of everything that goes on there. He grew in the system and may even order what you went through. Thank God you are alive to tell the story.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by juman(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2023
Unfortunate that we have bad behaved police men.
Jagaban should reform the force.

But police commissioner, to become police commissioner its a very long journey.
Lot of experience gathered.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by airsaylongcome: 4:12pm On Jul 27, 2023
DevilishMan:

Give me the division where this happened.
I need more details of your torture. Don't hold back.

Na public forum be this o. Heavily monitored. Abeg don't allow the OP compromise his identity on such a large public platform. If you want to chase this down, I advice you take this to some more secure channels away from prying eyes

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Geonigga(m): 4:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
I know of one DPO in one of the stations in Abuja, the guy is very professional in handling cases, if you take any case to that police station that lacks merit you will be surprised how the police officers there will ignore you because the DPO has induced discipline in his officers. The DPO even have a well installed CCTV all over the police station premises. One certain occasion when I had one on one be discussion with him he disclosed to me that he even monitors the activity of the station while at home.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by LagBlogger(m): 4:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

Most lower level police are corrupt and incompetent.

I have witnessed a case in which 2 people were detained by police for 3 days after being tortured to confess to a crime they didn't commit only for a superior officer to interrogate them and released them immediately because he said there is no evidence that can convict them in court even with their confession.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by mignone(f): 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
No matter their wealth of experience, they av a hand in d rot we av in the nation. They'll only claim 'non-aprtisan' to d public like someone earlier said. It's d same with governors & others.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by airsaylongcome: 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

Lol. Stop the name calling and act responsibly. You know I don't owe you any gist. I can give u all the details, but I have to know you are gonna use it to bring me some justice.

Lol! The bolded reminds me of a line from the Godfather movie. For justice, we must go to Don Corleone

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Ballonice: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
Ranked policemen in Nigeria are extremely intelligent
IconicR:
Now you know better never to judge a book by its cover
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by cashmyles: 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hihi

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Zico777(m): 4:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
grin
ublight:

Comrade. I was beaten like a common thief. The ipo was saying that until blood comes out from my ears, he won't stop punching my ears except I give up the location of the contractor.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by windvane(m): 4:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
The day I came face to face with Abba kyari when he headed SARS in lagos that year,to solve case no be gra gra o,you must be creative and open to ideas......I thank God and him,I for don die ontop case wey I no know.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Allisgud: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
Put that man in a dilapidated uncomfortable environment like checkpoint near ogogoro junction under a tree inside sun sweating u go see his opposite

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by IAMBOSS1990: 4:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms?

Bro the case is not over yet, you shouldn't have brought the matter online especially considering how badly you spoke of the officers in the command.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Kelvin30286063(m): 4:33pm On Jul 27, 2023
I'm not an expert in police cases but the little I know, I can tell you that you only saw him cos you're about to be released. Now let me tell you why. DPOs and Commissioners in a police command must interview an arrested offender before his release cos he is the only one that can sign off your release. So when they took you to him, he has already signed off your release. Just wanted to do the last part of interviewing you.
You should also know that the most highly ranked police officers are very civil and responsible. They got to the position after a lot of courses and training so they respect the uniform. And they protect their position cos any mistake and they get undressed, they won't get their retirement benefits.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Suleiman45(m): 4:35pm On Jul 27, 2023
Is not like that a police commissioner have interrogate me for a suicide I want to commit
seborrhic:
You ended up showing how low the Nigerian police is and has been.
That a state police commissioner would have to interrogate you personally for an alleged crime that is even a civil matter,is just so indicting and clownish of the police that I would have dismissed it as one of those fake stories.
Commissioner of police of a state that would be so busy attending to issues from various state commands,police headquarters and state goverment and delegating officers under him to carry out various duties and functions,invites you for interrogation in his office!
Oh my God!
He doesn't even know his job or so poorly trained that he has no idea what the role of a state commissioner of police is!!
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by laivwire(m): 4:42pm On Jul 27, 2023
Field operatives are different from administrative officers. You can't expect a man that does 9-5 in an office chair to grow and maintain abs. Of course, the commissioner can use guns, don't doubt that.

Maybe your expectations are too high because even officers on the field have pot bellies and only know how to use a gun but are seriously lacking in physical combat skills save for special Operatives.

The service quality of the officers is a symbol of the low requirements required of applicants to the force as well as the training they are provided. When we talk about police force reforms, you will realize we still have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by President2001(m): 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
Desist from criminal
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Killermamba: 4:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
DevilishMan:

Give me full details on this.
Aproko man
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by GreaterFuture(m): 4:55pm On Jul 27, 2023
It generally comes with time and experience in the force, nothing too special.

Do you have any hint of the Day in day out Police work??!
A person who joined as a graduate for that matter...?
No matter how bad it is, one will be like that & have that level of "wisdom" at that rank and level.

Those that Come in via the superintendent cadre are obviously 'smarter'
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Pootle: 5:07pm On Jul 27, 2023
you dey hail him cos he granted you bail undecided
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ipobarecriminals: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
cool u met a God fearing CP.Thank your star,it wasn't one of those useless DPO that interrogated you.He for tell those worthless nuts to hang you upside down and use hairdressers 🪡 pin 📌 ur di*k head grin cheesy grin.Hope they catch son of a 🐐 soon
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Pootle: 5:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
windvane:
The day I came face to face with Abba kyari when he headed SARS in lagos that year,to solve case no be gra gra o,you must be creative and open to ideas......I thank God and him,I for don die ontop case wey I no know.....

kindly open another tread to explain your ordeal so we can learn cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Susan Ofume Who Lost Her Right Arm Called To Bar, Shares Inspiring Message / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.