Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police (23830 Views)

Frank Mba Promoted To The Rank Of A Commissioner Of Police (photos) / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Abba Kyari Promoted To Deputy Commissioner Of Police, Becomes Youngest DCP At 43 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Pootle: 5:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
airsaylongcome:

Na public forum be this o. Heavily monitored. Abeg don't allow the OP compromise his identity on such a large public platform. If you want to chase this down, I advice you take this to some more secure channels away from prying eyes

wahala.. cool
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Osashalom: 5:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
The officers up there are very refined.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Hassanmaye(m): 5:36pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money, and my partner's felt since I contracted him, I must have been aware of the move, especially as I did not file any report to the police.

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the station for questioning(actually the police head quarters in the state). The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

I was later taken to the office of the commissioner of police for the state.

You would not believe my disappointment. I was expecting to see an agile, fit athletic man that can run around, draw out his fire arm to engage in any hostile situation. (too many Hollywood movies right!)

Anyways, I saw one fat, pot bellied, more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from him (I had judged the book by the cover).

He interviewed me for less than 10 minutes, but his wisdom in those few minutes could be likened to that of King Solomon in the Bible.

What the man lacked in looks and physique, he made up for it in his head.

I then realised that maybe he climbed to that position using more of his brains to solve cases than muscles.

I was really impressed with his judgment. To cut the long story short, I was released on bail. I'm to report back at the station on Friday to see how the case will proceed.

I can tell you that in that station, only the commissioner was civil, well mannered, respectful, lawful. Infact he is the embodiment of what the police force should be.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people like the commissioner who can be at the lower ranks?

Let me end here for now. Share your own encounter with any commissioner or police officer.
You are lucky
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by GreaterFuture(m): 5:44pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

This man spoke like an educated person. I have never imagined a police officer could be that good (no thanks to nollywood and social media rants).
With this statement, That Shows you an Illiterate then, konk one (no disrespect at all)
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by obiekunie01: 5:47pm On Jul 27, 2023
osuofia2:

You had to insult someone's husband,brother and father to make your point. This shows how sense is far from you. No wonder you were arrested.
Should size be the measurement for intelligence? You contradicted yourself when you said he handled the case professionally. Have you thought about if he were to be athletic features and not give you a fair hearing. Would you rather prefer he been a macho John Cena and give you bad judgement?
You are a big foool

the idiot is more than afool.

despite my politely calling his attention to his insult on the officer the moronic goat still didn't correct himself.

he will still go back for the case and he will see how the case will turn against him 360!

he doesn't know the level of people that comes to nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
IconicR:
Now you know better never to judge a book by its cover

Definitely not when it comes to Daftinubu
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by GreaterFuture(m): 5:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
ba7man:
In the Police force, the higher the rank, the more civil their behaviour.
Not necessarily! Not true at all

Maybe the one he met was okay.. nothing spectacular sef tbh, that's a whole commissioner for crying at loud

I've met AIG wey no sound, just there... and when you want to say something, though very respectfully, to highlight there is error in is Judgement, he sparks! His very Fragile ego is Wounded
Not one AIG, but two , 2 personally that I know of personally
More senior to this CP rank OP is talking about

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by GreaterFuture(m): 5:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Allisgud:
Put that man in a dilapidated uncomfortable environment like checkpoint near ogogoro junction under a tree inside sun sweating u go see his opposite
Right...
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Ikpunnegi01: 5:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
Go settle your case first, then come back to give us the full gist! This is not complete without you telling us what happened in the interrogation room.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by HRMK: 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
you amuse me!do you realise that pot belly commissioner is a university graduate that joined the force as an #asp?how can you compare him with his men that started from recruit and may just have risen to be sergeant after 25yrs?the frustration would be so obvious!!
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by seborrhic: 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

This does not happen every day comrade. I believe it was God cos normally as you have pointed out, the man would be busy on a normal day.
The commissioner came to the kidnapping unit for some reasons I do not know. Every one there (about 11 suspects) looked like hardened criminals. I was the only one like a gentleman. (thank God I cut my dreads).

When he saw how innocent I looked, he told the ipo to bring me to his office

I didn't even know he was the commissioner despite how everyone stood at attention in his presence. I was thinking he was maybe a dpo or something else.

Entering his office was when I realised he was d commissioner. Before I could see his portrait on d wall, one barrister who was there for one of the kidnap suspects came in and called him Mr. Commissioner.
Okay.
Makes sense why he had to come in.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 27, 2023
Of course, they are enlightened, and they know the cases that are severe, and those that are merely vendetta by complainants.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by erniok(m): 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2023
seborrhic:
You ended up showing how low the Nigerian police is and has been.
That a state police commissioner would have to interrogate you personally for an alleged crime that is even a civil matter,is just so indicting and clownish of the police that I would have dismissed it as one of those fake stories.
Commissioner of police of a state that would be so busy attending to issues from various state commands,police headquarters and state goverment and delegating officers under him to carry out various duties and functions,invites you for interrogation in his office!
Oh my God!
He doesn't even know his job or so poorly trained that he has no idea what the role of a state commissioner of police is!!
Correction. What he narrated is not a civil matter. It's a criminal breach of trust.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Spidermon: 6:35pm On Jul 27, 2023
IG sef dey do parole, na commissioner come be Jesus Christ abi ?

Trust nobody
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by lagosrd: 6:41pm On Jul 27, 2023
If you need a better judgement or afair one pla ensure you meet a more superior officer, even a DPO , you will be so surprised at what you will see.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by perryy(m): 6:51pm On Jul 27, 2023
Isokiscool:
Op since u are very civil,educated,smart and more intelligent than those officers u called touts,slowpoke and agberos,when next police recruitment form is out make sure u pick up the form and be a policeman u wish for

That most policeman in Nigeria are touts is not a hidden issue now. It is clear to everyone. Most of my classmates them who were empty headed and thieves are now police men building massions and driving big cars. Millions of bad eggs
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Besto(m): 6:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

This does not happen every day comrade. I believe it was God cos normally as you have pointed out, the man would be busy on a normal day.

Let me tell you how it happened.

First, the case was handled by the anti kidnapping squad. (can you imagine that. Instead of dealing with kidnapping matters, they are solving debt issue)

The commissioner came to the kidnapping unit for some reasons I do not know. Every one there (about 11 suspects) looked like hardened criminals. I was the only one like a gentleman. (thank God I cut my dreads).

When he saw how innocent I looked, he told the ipo to bring me to his office.

I didn't even know he was the commissioner despite how everyone stood at attention in his presence. I was thinking he was maybe a dpo or something else.

Entering his office was when I realised he was d commissioner. Before I could see his portrait on d wall, one barrister who was there for one of the kidnap suspects came in and called him Mr. Commissioner.

Seems you in yenagoa
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by osuofia2(m): 7:12pm On Jul 27, 2023
obiekunie01:

the idiot is more than afool.

despite my politely calling his attention to his insult on the officer the moronic goat still didn't correct himself.

he will still go back for the case and he will see how the case will turn against him 360!

he doesn't know the level of people that comes to nairaland.
Don't mind him. If not for the intervention of the CP, they should have locked up the fool. How will you bring someone you don't know into a contract. He is complicit in the fraud
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Zane2point4(m): 7:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
osuofia2:

You had to insult someone's husband,brother and father to make your point. This shows how sense is far from you. No wonder you were arrested.
Should size be the measurement for intelligence? You contradicted yourself when you said he handled the case professionally. Have you thought about if he were to be athletic features and not give you a fair hearing. Would you rather prefer he been a macho John Cena and give you bad judgement?
You are a big foool

What’s your problem with the op?
Is it bad to see a potbellied man and describe him as he is?
Na waoooo

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Idaytesj29(m): 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

For real?

Don't mind him. He is a liar. Brilliant cops and uniform men are very many. Well educated, good manners of approach and very intelligent. The only thing is that they are the brain behind the running of the system so you don't find the in the streets.

All the bad elements are on the streets for operations and all the complains we have about the uniform services are from people from the field. The bad elements.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Idaytesj29(m): 8:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
seborrhic:
That a state police commissioner would have to interrogate you personally for an alleged crime that is even a civil matter,is just so indicting and clownish of the police that I would have dismissed it as one of those fake stories.
Commissioner of police of a state that would be so busy attending to issues from various state commands,police headquarters and state goverment and delegating officers under him to carry out various duties and functions,invites you for interrogation in his office!
Oh my God!
He doesn't even know his job or so poorly trained that he has no idea what the role of a state commissioner of police is!!

It's is actually you that does not know what you have been saying.

He gets do delegate everything without getting his hands dirty or extract some information occasionally by himself picking a random case, just Incase his men are being corrupt or abusive or refused to follow policing code of conduct.

Thats how we watch the police leadership delegated everything without proper supervision or involvement and we have the SARS Unit become a killer squad in the country killing youths at will.

The Commissioner did well and should be commended.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by DAREH13: 8:11pm On Jul 27, 2023
seborrhic:
Oh my God!
him no knw ranks besides these is a fabolous story
what's worth of the contract? ACP or DCP cn interview him bt sayin CP is like adding extra salt to ready made berbecue.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by malcom1X: 8:17pm On Jul 27, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Tooh
I once encountered The NPF PRO of a state too, during my LEGAL BATTLE on DIVORCE. HE is AGILE, physique FIT, & Wisdom filled. He was able to see who the DEMON is, even with the PROWESS of myEX he discovered the truth , with out loss after the Whitish skin n thin tall lady he saw behind me, unlike the Useless DPO at the ESTATE station who ended up Dating her, secured her new house n rent after the Tenancy of apartment (former matrimonial HOME) i absconded from was due, oga no fit pay that amount.. grin

I would love to hear this story. I hope you're doing well now
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money, and my partner's felt since I contracted him, I must have been aware of the move, especially as I did not file any report to the police.

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the station for questioning(actually the police head quarters in the state). The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

I was later taken to the office of the commissioner of police for the state.

You would not believe my disappointment. I was expecting to see an agile, fit athletic man that can run around, draw out his fire arm to engage in any hostile situation. (too many Hollywood movies right!)

Anyways, I saw one fat, pot bellied, more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from him (I had judged the book by the cover).

He interviewed me for less than 10 minutes, but his wisdom in those few minutes could be likened to that of King Solomon in the Bible.

What the man lacked in looks and physique, he made up for it in his head.

I then realised that maybe he climbed to that position using more of his brains to solve cases than muscles.

I was really impressed with his judgment. To cut the long story short, I was released on bail. I'm to report back at the station on Friday to see how the case will proceed.

I can tell you that in that station, only the commissioner was civil, well mannered, respectful, lawful. Infact he is the embodiment of what the police force should be.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people like the commissioner who can be at the lower ranks?

Let me end here for now. Share your own encounter with any commissioner or police officer.

The Cps, PPROs, AIGs, DIGs and the IG interface with politicians. They need to be refined, hence the man you saw.

But, you see DPOs, ehn?

DEEPEEHOES?!?!?!?

Those are the devils heading the brutes we see everyday.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Wkaay(m): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2023
Looks can be decietful
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Pat081: 8:59pm On Jul 27, 2023
What are you saying now so you mean C.O.P of Police can not do that Do you read well b4 you just to comment
seborrhic:
Oh my God!
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Xpol: 9:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
osuofia2:

You are a big foool
you dey mind am, how I wish the story is true and the CP read these story make body tell am.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by koolaid87: 9:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
osuofia2:

You are a big foool

Oga calm down. At least, he commended the commissioner.

Abi, are you a fat modafvcker ni?
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by obiekunie01: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2023
osuofia2:

Don't mind him. If not for the intervention of the CP, they should have locked up the fool. How will you bring someone you don't know into a contract. He is complicit in the fraud

actually, he arranged the fraud.

he is criminally minded. you can tell from their utterance.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by samfrancis1(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2023
osuofia2:

You are a big foool
why are you all become a hypocrite.. imagine yourself right now.. you’re accusing someone of abusing or someone.. and yeah you’re here calling another person fool.. you’re one of the lot that'll never let peace rain.. not even one person in the group knows the commissioner he’s referring to.. yeah you’re fighting.. you just like trouble shai human ..
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ibinaboonline: 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2023
grin grin grin Bahdt guy
DevilishMan:

Give me full details on this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Susan Ofume Who Lost Her Right Arm Called To Bar, Shares Inspiring Message / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.