Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police (23831 Views)

Frank Mba Promoted To The Rank Of A Commissioner Of Police (photos) / Abba Kyari & His Ranks From SP, CSP, ACP To Deputy Commissioner Of Police / Abba Kyari Promoted To Deputy Commissioner Of Police, Becomes Youngest DCP At 43 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ibinaboonline: 10:22pm On Jul 27, 2023
Your dey stung the commissioner's praise now because him release you on bail. If he didn't, the thing you'd be taking us here is his pot belly.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by freeDanzy: 10:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
okk
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by osuofia2(m): 11:27pm On Jul 27, 2023
samfrancis1:
why are you all become a hypocrite.. imagine yourself right now.. you’re accusing someone of abusing or someone.. and yeah you’re here calling another person fool.. you’re one of the lot that'll never let peace rain.. not even one person in the group knows the commissioner he’s referring to.. yeah you’re fighting.. you just like trouble shai human ..
So I must know the CP before I caution someone insulting a man old enough to be his father?
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by BigIyanga: 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
ublight:

This does not happen every day comrade. I believe it was God cos normally as you have pointed out, the man would be busy on a normal day.

Let me tell you how it happened.

First, the case was handled by the anti kidnapping squad. (can you imagine that. Instead of dealing with kidnapping matters, they are solving debt issue)

The commissioner came to the kidnapping unit for some reasons I do not know. Every one there (about 11 suspects) looked like hardened criminals. I was the only one like a gentleman. (thank God I cut my dreads).

When he saw how innocent I looked, he told the ipo to bring me to his office.

I didn't even know he was the commissioner despite how everyone stood at attention in his presence. I was thinking he was maybe a dpo or something else.

Entering his office was when I realised he was d commissioner. Before I could see his portrait on d wall, one barrister who was there for one of the kidnap suspects came in and called him Mr. Commissioner.
Typical Sanctimonious attitude.. dreads make one a bad person?? One of the founders of paystack who sold his company for over $200m, has dreads… so you’re more responsible than him by misappropriating funds entrusted in your care
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by BALLOSKI: 2:59am On Jul 28, 2023
ublight:
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money, and my partner's felt since I contracted him, I must have been aware of the move, especially as I did not file any report to the police.

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the station for questioning(actually the police head quarters in the state). The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

I was later taken to the office of the commissioner of police for the state.

You would not believe my disappointment. I was expecting to see an agile, fit athletic man that can run around, draw out his fire arm to engage in any hostile situation. (too many Hollywood movies right!)

Anyways, I saw one fat, pot bellied, more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from him (I had judged the book by the cover).

He interviewed me for less than 10 minutes, but his wisdom in those few minutes could be likened to that of King Solomon in the Bible.

What the man lacked in looks and physique, he made up for it in his head.

I then realised that maybe he climbed to that position using more of his brains to solve cases than muscles.

I was really impressed with his judgment. To cut the long story short, I was released on bail. I'm to report back at the station on Friday to see how the case will proceed.

I can tell you that in that station, only the commissioner was civil, well mannered, respectful, lawful. Infact he is the embodiment of what the police force should be.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people like the commissioner who can be at the lower ranks?

Let me end here for now. Share your own encounter with any commissioner or police officer.
Our police are intelligent when they're ready to work. They can easily find the truth if they're ready to work.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by frozen70(f): 6:51am On Jul 28, 2023
ublight:
I recently had a business deal go South and millions of naira went down the drain. A contractor I had brought on board for a project had absconded with money, and my partner's felt since I contracted him, I must have been aware of the move, especially as I did not file any report to the police.

I was arrested on Monday and taken to the station for questioning(actually the police head quarters in the state). The police can be so brutal when interrogating (that's a story for another day).

You would not believe my disappointment. I was expecting to see an agile, fit athletic man that can run around, draw out his fire arm to engage in any hostile situation. (too many Hollywood movies right!)

Anyways, I saw one fat, pot bellied, more of a politician looking man. He was relaxed on his somewhat of a rocking chair.

To be honest, I was not expecting much from him (I had judged the book by the cover).

He interviewed me for less than 10 minutes, but his wisdom in those few minutes could be likened to that of King Solomon in the Bible.

I then realised that maybe he climbed to that position using more of his brains to solve cases than muscles.

I was really impressed with his judgment. To cut the long story short, I was released on bail. I'm to report back at the station on Friday to see how the case will proceed.

I can tell you that in that station, only the commissioner was civil, well mannered, respectful, lawful. Infact he is the embodiment of what the police force should be.

My question is this. How can such a commissioner be heading touts, imbeciles, uneducated morons parading in uniforms? Don't we have people like the commissioner who can be at the lower ranks?

Let me end here for now. Share your own encounter with any commissioner or police officer.

Any one in his position must be modest

He must be civil and must handle any case with total respect and regard to the person and the society

Others may be behaving like wild cats

But he must be very different from them and he has the final say to any matter that is brought to him no matter how sensitive it is

He actually represent the IGP on that seat and in that station
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Nickxander11(m): 7:09am On Jul 28, 2023
@OP, requesting for advance payment guarantee could have saved you from this mess. Always ensure to engage professionals on your projects, it will save you a lot!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by franconian: 7:15am On Jul 28, 2023
broadman20:

What nonsense are you saying here?

All he is pointing out here is that most low carder police personnel needs good training to function well for the betterment of the society.

I usually wonder the kind of brains most of you here are made of.

With the way he took it personal, he's probably one of them.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by bitbillionaire: 8:41am On Jul 28, 2023
Allisgud:
Put that man in a dilapidated uncomfortable environment like checkpoint near ogogoro junction under a tree inside sun sweating u go see his opposite

You know people underestimate the power of the environment in moulding people's behaviour and character. Our 'low ranking' police officers behave the way they do because of the environment they find themselves, the calibre of people they come in contact with on daily basis and of course, the quality of training they received.

We definitely have a long way to go as a country.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Allisgud: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2023
bitbillionaire:

You know people underestimate the power of the environment in moulding people's behaviour and character. Our 'low ranking' police officers behave the way they do because of the environment they find themselves, the calibre of people they come in contact with on daily basis and of course, the quality of training they received.

We definitely have a long way to go as a country.
this is a case of davido and portable one grow up in the wild,street,discomfort,hatred,no welfare and u see it in his character and the other is the opposite
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Mom007(f): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2023
Looks like a classic case of 'good cop, bad cop' to me. He us the commissioner. If he doesn't Allow their excesses, they will not indulge in it.

By the way, should you be discussing this here? There seems to be enough detail in here for anyone who is familiar with your case to know its you...
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Nairas2dollars: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Tooh
I once encountered The NPF PRO of a state too, during my LEGAL BATTLE on DIVORCE. HE is AGILE, physique FIT, & Wisdom filled. He was able to see who the DEMON is, even with the PROWESS of myEX he discovered the truth , with out loss after the Whitish skin n thin tall lady he saw behind me, unlike the Useless DPO at the ESTATE station who ended up Dating her, secured her new house n rent after the Tenancy of apartment (former matrimonial HOME) i absconded from was due, oga no fit pay that amount.. grin

Doing very well now, thanks.
Will share this STORY when my Story completes.
3 years marriage was like 30 years.
The 5years hurdle was a SET BACK for me in life.. las las I carried my bag left the country after 2yrs battling Divorce no Justice.
But when God Time reach, tho I was off shore already but got my Justice, now remarried.

Please tell us what happened, save we bachelors that are yet to marry. It's pertinent that we need advices to identify women that are devils please. Please tell us about your ex-wife. She was cheating on you right? What led to abdicate the love you once had for her? Please 🥺
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by broadman20: 10:36am On Jul 28, 2023
franconian:

With the way he took it personal, he's probably one of them.

Sincerely speaking, I never knew someone else was thinking what I was thinking.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by hahn(m): 12:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
ublight:

You should have asked the commissioner that question directly since you spoke with him for 10 minutes.

Another 5 extra minutes would have sufficed.

You can ask him when you go for your next report and share his answer here.

Tag me abeg
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by calabardick(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
ublight:

Every high rank police officer are all calm, even the military. Until they're proved.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by calabardick(m): 3:19pm On Jul 28, 2023
ublight:

Those characters you just mentioned there are all he needs to run a state. It takes a demon to control Nigerians. Even in deliverance ministry, Nigerian demons are more difficult to cast out.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2023
Besto:

Seems you in yenagoa

Yes. How u take know
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by ublight: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
hahn:

You should have asked the commissioner that question directly since you spoke with him for 10 minutes.

Another 5 extra minutes would have sufficed.

You can ask him when you go for your next report and share his answer here.

Tag me abeg

Hahahaha. Come to bayelsa and ask him
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by Besto(m): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2023
ublight:

Yes. How u take know

Once you mentioned anti kidnaping unit.

Does guys lack professionalism.

No deference between armed robbers and them.

Extorting for their Belle.
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by samfrancis1(m): 7:31pm On Jul 28, 2023
osuofia2:

So I must know the CP before I caution someone insulting a man old enough to be his father?
yea it has gotten to that.. may be I should ask if you’ve never insulted someone older than you before.. ?? Let he who’s without sim cast the first stone..

Funny enough elders are not elders as it use to previously be.. elders this days are cheaters.. self centered and greedy.. they don’t even care if they’re insulted.. na you deh care ..
Re: My Experience With A Commissioner Of Police by hahn(m): 10:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
ublight:

Hahahaha. Come to bayelsa and ask him

I'm not THAT curious bro 🙄

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Susan Ofume Who Lost Her Right Arm Called To Bar, Shares Inspiring Message / Was My Boss Right For Sacking Me Because I Was Hypotized. / How I Lost My Job Through Gambling & Becoming An Irresponsible Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.