Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor (63685 Views)

Lady Contracted Molluscum Contagiosum After Purchasing A Wig Online / My Ex-Girlfriend Just Contracted HIV / A Virgin Girl Contracted HIV After Having Her First Sex - Twitter User (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by shoboy9: 6:13pm On Jul 27, 2023
How do they know it was from a kiss? Is it not more likely through the woman's vagina?
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by CaptainFM1: 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2023
Awon egbon agbaya!
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by finallybusy: 6:33pm On Jul 27, 2023
Surely from a woman. Men don’t kiss babies and na from them I dey catch the thing pass.
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by hakym619(m): 6:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
PublicHealthNig:
The baby pictured above contracted herpes after being kissed by a visitor according to First Doctor. This explains why healthcare experts and pediatricians advise first-time parents of newborns to exercise caution when it comes to letting people kiss their baby on the lips or face, even if it's just a peck.

The reasoning behind this precaution is based on the vulnerability of a baby's immune system during the early stages of life.

Delicate immune system: A newborn's immune system is still developing and is not as strong as that of adults. This makes them more susceptible to infections and illnesses.
Herpes risk: One of the primary concerns is the risk of herpes transmission. Herpes is a viral infection that can be contracted through direct contact with cold sores or oral herpes lesions. Babies can be infected with the herpes virus through a simple kiss, even if there are no visible symptoms on the kisser's lips.
Asymptomatic carriers: It's important to note that some people can carry the herpes virus without showing any symptoms. These individuals, known as asymptomatic carriers, may unknowingly spread the virus to others, including newborns.
Other infections: Aside from herpes, there are various other infections and illnesses that can be transmitted through close contact and kissing. These can range from the common cold and flu to respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and other contagious diseases.
Hand hygiene: In addition to discouraging kissing on the lips or face, it's crucial for everyone handling the baby to maintain good hand hygiene. Washing hands thoroughly with soap and water or using hand sanitizer before touching the baby can help reduce the risk of infection.
Boundaries and communication: As a new parent, it's essential to set boundaries politely with family and friends to ensure they understand your wishes for the baby's health and safety. Educating others about the reasons behind these precautions can foster a supportive environment.
Love and affection: While avoiding lip and face kisses, it's important to remember that there are plenty of other ways to show love and affection to the baby. Gentle touches, cuddles, and hugs are all safe ways to bond with the newborn.

Ultimately, taking these precautions helps protect the health and well-being of the baby during its vulnerable stage of development. As the baby grows and their immune system becomes stronger, the risk of infections will naturally decrease. Until then, being cautious and prioritizing the baby's health is of utmost importance for new parents.

Source: https://www.publichealth.com.ng/this-baby-contracted-herpes-after-being-kissed-by-a-visitor/

Respectable sir, can we Converse one - on - one with regards to pursuing a degree in public health? I'm not enlightened about this prospect. Nigeria too isn't appreciating the profession enough. 😢
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by ini4brandon(m): 7:08pm On Jul 27, 2023
IconicR:
See what a promiscuous man have done to the innocent baby 😢
Are men known for kissing babies
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by Wkaay(m): 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
It is serious
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by Oceanjagaban: 8:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
Jennyclay:
you lied my dear!! That’s the handwork of a pedophile cursed man undecided

Women should never allow all these perverts, pedophile and nonsense men carry or kiss their baby undecided.
Why did you kiss that child?
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by Silentgroper(m): 8:54pm On Jul 27, 2023
[quote author=IconicR post=124693274]See what a promiscuous man have done to the innocent baby
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by ifegen(m): 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2023
It's actually not uncommon for that to happen. Most of the times, when we complain that we develop sores by the corner of our lips any time we have fever, The real culprit is usually Cold sore not malaria as most think and it's funny you also see that happening in children as well and you wonder how did they contract it as well.

It's just bad eticate to rob your lips or face against a child's face. Many are asmytomatic carriers and would unknowingly spread the virus.
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by Davidcorny: 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2023
KingDash09:
Guy na only you get Herpes oh
Educate yourself instead of being emotional. Things like staph aureus also are in almost everyone but as long as your immune system is active they don't affect you. Though that's not to say one shouldn't be careful.
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by Mac2016(m): 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2023
Nazgul:
New born babies should be kept in a safe and enclosed bed. Only trusted families and friends should be allowed to carry them.

It's very wrong to give your baby to just anyone to kiss and cuddle. Maybe when they're old enough, you can lower your guard. But from 0-6 months, it's your responsibility as a parent to keep them safe.

I wish that child speedy recovery.

Who carries baby up and down again?
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by matm: 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2023
Women and ladies are fond of kissing babies.
I don't really know what d rubbish mean.

1 Like

Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by abba190: 10:30pm On Jul 27, 2023
IconicR:
the promiscuous man get it from the bleeding gender
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
abba190:
the promiscuous man get it from the bleeding gender
All STDs originated from men, go find out
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by EDOSBROWN: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2023
Jennyclay:

Women should never allow all these perverts, pedophile and nonsense men carry or kiss their baby undecided.
Why do you hate men so much, I know you are not being banged enough, halls my guy, slawomir, he will bang you, on another level...

You will forever be grateful to him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by kiddkash(m): 10:42am On Jul 28, 2023
Jennyclay:

Majority of your comments. I had to view to profile. Truth is that you are quite young. Life isn't always what you think.

You will grow eventually and see many things
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by LilMissFavvy(f): 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
The day anyone would dare attempt to kiss my baby, I will $lap the person.
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by pinkyz: 4:00pm On Jul 28, 2023
And the same uncle will still use the same mouth to go and lick plate…..I pity my gender, our plate don suffer
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by patorial(m): 4:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
IconicR:

Only if you knew what herpes is.
If anyone in your street contact herps or staphylococcus aureus, there is high chance of you getting these virus or bacteria even without anyone seeing your pants.
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by patorial(m): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
Sermwell:
How did they confirm it was the visitor's kiss?

There 8s no other way a new born baby could contact a herpes virus if the family are not already infected before the baby.
Re: This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor by patorial(m): 5:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
Chioma4eva:
If I'm the mother of that child, i swear to God, I'll sue the so called "visitor" . What nonsense angry angry

How old are you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Causes Of Yellow,smelly Stone-like Lump In The Mouth. / Doctors Remove Nails, Pens, Spoon From Stomach Of Woman With Medical Conditon / Between Policemen And A Mad Man In Lagos Traffic. Photos/Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.