Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) (55811 Views)

Kori Bustard Collides With Airlink Aircraft In South Africa (Photos) / Dinka, South Sudan: The Tallest People In Africa (Photos) / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by helpee(m): 7:38am On Jul 30, 2023
Leggodeals:
What are Nigerians not doing right in South Africa? That they have to be killed at any slightest upset. Please Nigerian Govt needs to wake up and protect its citizens all over the world by negotiating for better immigration laws.

If its job that is taking you that far why risk it all when we have good and genuine jobs down here. I also post jobs everyday. Abeg life has no duplicate

Modified: For those interested in genuine jobs with employers' direct mails, check at https:///184037139835240/ Don't pay anyone for a job. All my jobs are free
Nigerian govt or Biafran govt? This one no concern Nigerians. Na Ekpa go fit handle this one. Make dem declare sit at home in South Africa make SA govt feel the heat small. No be only Lagos una go develop with drugs. SA must be developed too
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Hussein035: 7:39am On Jul 30, 2023
ecolime:

How did you know it's a gang related killing? From the story, nothing was said about the motive.

Walai, before I open this trend something just told me that the man killed is an Igbo man.

I know that Yoruba will never go to another man land and wait for trouble, Hausa will never be far away from where they can find groups of Hausa even in foreign land. Igbos must learn to retreat or run away when necessary. I don't know the whole story but i just believe it is chest beating that led to his death

RIP
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 7:42am On Jul 30, 2023
It's a sad one.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by sageb: 7:52am On Jul 30, 2023
Lewisjohnson:
A Nigerian man identified as Emma Ezeuko, has been killed by suspected gunmen in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.

It was gathered that Ezeuko was shot dead on Tuesday, July 25, 2023, five days after his birthday.

The deceased hailed from Aguata Local Government Area of Anambra State.

Details of the incident are still sketchy at the time of filing this report, however, it was gathered that four passengers travelling in a taxi were shot dead by gunmen the same day at Port Shepstone in Durban.
It is alleged that the unknown gunmen approached the taxi and opened fire on the occupants.

Four of the occupants died as a result of the shooting, whilst a further four were transported to hospital with gunshot wounds.

The motive for the shooting is unknown and is subject to a police investigation. Detectives are investigating four counts of murder and four of attempted murder.

It's not clear if the Nigerian national was among the four passengers killed during the shooting.
Meanwhile, friends have taken to Facebook to mourn him.

One Stephen Obinna Aneke, wrote: “I can't believe that Emma T Ezeuko is dead, you just celebrated your birthday only 5days ago and now your precious life was cut shot by hoodlums with guns in Durban south Africa. I remember the last time you visited me and was very passionate about life and the good things it brought and hoping for a more better future. Rest in peace my friend until we meet again and may your killers never go unpunished."

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2023/7/nigerian-man-shot-dead-in-south-africa-2.html#comments

Sad
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by FireUpNow(m): 8:22am On Jul 30, 2023
So sad. So unknown gunmen have gone diaspora?
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by KingCold: 8:36am On Jul 30, 2023
Raskimonojendor:
May he RIP. Nigeria need to hold the SA government accountable. Our bros from the South east are becoming endangered in SA.
Wtf? what does our govt govt to do with your people misbehaving abroad? it's high time you people self-reflect, you are problematic everywhere you go and then play the victim
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by KingCold: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2023
sunsweet33:
Most black Africans are intimidated by Nigerians.

Even when you’re friends with them, the interaction is still tinged with jealousy.

Especially those mentally downtrodden countries such as Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Africa and the likes

As soon as they see you, they are already feeling threatened and competing with you while you are just going about with a clean mind.

Better to monitor your interactions with people who believe that your wings need a good clipping!
Lol, It's not being "intimidated" trust me, people are wary of you, they are suspicious of you and they dislike you..you can tell yourself things that make you fuzzy but that's just the truth, people assume Nigerians to be criminals, that's the first instinct.

As for a Nigerian calling the likes of Kenya and SA 'downtrodden'..i can only laugh

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by KingCold: 8:42am On Jul 30, 2023
WesKiz:
Southy dey kill anybody home or away
How sure are you he was killed by South Africans? DO you know the criminality of your countrymen over here? the drug turf wars? It's high time you understood you aren't hapless victims here
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by KingCold: 8:57am On Jul 30, 2023
Lionessza6:

LMFAO,being delusional and empty chest beating as always instead of facing the reality

Always playing victim , read here :

https://punchng.com/nigerians-bemoan-cult-killings-among-citizens-in-south-africa/

https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2022-10-23-axe-vs-air-lords-investigations-point-to-international-rival-cybercrime-cults-making-their-home-in-sa/

https://saharareporters.com/2023/02/02/nigerians-doing-illegal-businesses-are-behind-ongoing-killings-fellow-nigerians-south

Same shyt in Dubai, Turkey , Asia, India, Ghana,Italy etc . Maybe it's time for self introspection now, don't you think ? . Before Nigerians start getting banned from every corner of earth.
Exactly, They almost never admonish their people, which makes me think they are in support of their criminals. it's always someone's fault. How do you explain that 98% of people caught dealing with drugs on that TV show are Nigerians?
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Babaelemu: 8:58am On Jul 30, 2023
If you're into anything "streets" in SA it is very likely you won't live long!
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Tonnierichy(m): 9:04am On Jul 30, 2023
Leggodeals:
What are Nigerians not doing right in South Africa? That they have to be killed at any slightest upset. Please Nigerian Govt needs to wake up and protect its citizens all over the world by negotiating for better immigration laws.

If its job that is taking you that far why risk it all when we have good and genuine jobs down here. I also post jobs everyday. Abeg life has no duplicate

Modified: For those interested in genuine jobs with employers' direct mails, check at https:///184037139835240/ Don't pay anyone for a job. All my jobs are free
Even Singapore citizens leave for other countries. Na crime to relocate again? Tell your fellow Nigerians to stop denting our image outside the country. There's a reason they are mostly targeted. We too dey overdo.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Bimpe29: 11:30am On Jul 30, 2023
Inna lillahi wa inna ilehi rajiun!

That's gruesomely shocking.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by soilsista(f): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2023
One of the few Nigerians who was genuinely pure and had such a healthy sense of humour cry
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by computer0810(m): 1:14pm On Jul 30, 2023
Omodua:
Ignore the dude. He is among those fellas claiming Lagos and doesn't want non natives.

He is not exposed.

Na lagos be ur problem😂😂😂

Any yoruba is entitled to anywhere within yoruba land just as ibos r entitled to anywhere within ibo land that's if u r not regarded as osu
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by sunsweet33: 4:36pm On Jul 30, 2023
KingCold:
Lol, It's not being "intimidated" trust me, people are wary of you, they are suspicious of you and they dislike you..you can tell yourself things that make you fuzzy but that's just the truth, people assume Nigerians to be criminals, that's the first instinct.

As for a Nigerian calling the likes of Kenya and SA 'downtrodden'..i can only laugh

I didn’t say downtrodden, I actually wrote “mentally downtrodden” which refers to their self-esteem. Kenya and SA that enjoy a better environment than Nigeria, you’ll even be happy to see them but they be acting weird.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
chatinent:
SA is a rough place to be.

Is Nigeria a safe place to be?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 8:19pm On Jul 30, 2023
Confirmedzombie:
Looking at his face the guy is a drug baron.

Deal gone wrong.

May His soul Rest in peace.

So na face dem dey take know a drug baron abi?
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Uchedizzy(f): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
Business gone wrong
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Litmus: 9:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
sunsweet33:

I didn’t say downtrodden, I actually wrote “mentally downtrodden” which refers to their self-esteem. Kenya and SA that enjoy a better environment than Nigeria, you’ll even be happy to see them but they be acting weird.

You shouldn't have retracted, South Africans and Kenyans are by far more downtrodden than Nigerians. There are no freer people on earth than Nigerians. That which the average man, woman and child can get away with in Nigeria would not be tolerated by the South Africa and Kenya authorities. Being downtrodden in the political sense starts with government wilding authority over the people and being able to oppress them through the powers of the state. Secondly if Nigerians are mistreated it is by omission not by force, since Nigeria is arguably a lawless country.

…although you could try the unconvincing philosophical argument that the Nigeria government is mistreating and oppressing the people by leaving them to thire own volition.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Omodua(m): 9:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
computer0810:

Na lagos be ur problem😂😂😂

Any yoruba is entitled to anywhere within yoruba land just as ibos r entitled to anywhere within ibo land that's if u r not regarded as osu
Your comments depicts you have not travelled beyond Lagos-Ibadan axis. So narrow minded devoid of broader perspective of reality on ground.

Nigeria cannot progress with this type of mindset. Ethnic bigotry can't help our national survival as a nation.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by sunsweet33: 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Litmus:

You shouldn't have retracted, South Africans and Kenyans are by far more downtrodden than Nigerians. There are no freer people on earth than Nigerians. That which the average man, woman and child can get away with in Nigeria would not be tolerated by the South Africa and Kenya authorities. Being downtrodden in the political sense starts with government wilding authority over the people and being able to oppress them through the powers of the state. Secondly if Nigerians are mistreated it is by omission not by force, since Nigeria is arguably a lawless country.

…although you could try the unconvincing philosophical argument that the Nigeria government is mistreating and oppressing the people by leaving them to thire own volition.

No, I didn’t retract anything. That person misquoted me and I corrected them.

Being politically downtrodden is different from mental inferiority complex that I’m referring to.
The government crackdowns in these places that you mentioned are part of what makes their environments more reasonable, in my opinion.

Seeing yourself as an unfortunate soul with a bad passport, which is what people in this thread are doing, is not going to help you when you come into contact with these sorts of people who are determined to find something bad about you.

Do you really feel we are left to our own devices? We are still largely compelled to do quite a few things. The difference is the absence of an idea of “big society” or “greater good” …
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by computer0810(m): 2:30am On Jul 31, 2023
Omodua:
Your comments depicts you have not travelled beyond Lagos-Ibadan axis. So narrow minded devoid of broader perspective of reality on ground.

Nigeria cannot progress with this type of mindset. Ethnic bigotry can't help our national survival as a nation.

Just keep typing rubbish.....where I have been to in dis country u and ur papa combined have not been there.......just keep typing rubbish coz ur Twitter president lost out

When fulani were using their cows to destroy ppl farm, kidnapping and killing all in d name of 1 Nigeria we all made it clear there's a difference between constitution and invading others territory........the earlier u get it to ur dumb head that lagos or anywhere in SW is not ur home and u r merely a stranger the better for ur ppl......we never know anything can happen, u can go and ask ur parents about the biafra war, I don't know why is difficult for u guys to mind d business u came to our territory to do
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by KingCold: 7:20am On Jul 31, 2023
sunsweet33:

Lol, have you seen an actual South African or kenyanacting weird in Nigeria? yes/No? I could write a book about Nigerians and how rowdy/uncivilized they act because I know it firsthand..You are the ones "acting weird" in our communities
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Omodua(m): 2:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
computer0810:

Just keep typing rubbish.....where I have been to in dis country u and ur papa combined have not been there.......just keep typing rubbish coz ur Twitter president lost out

When fulani were using their cows to destroy ppl farm, kidnapping and killing all in d name of 1 Nigeria we all made it clear there's a difference between constitution and invading others territory........the earlier u get it to ur dumb head that lagos or anywhere in SW is not ur home and u r merely a stranger the better for ur ppl......we never know anything can happen, u can go and ask ur parents about the biafra war, I don't know why is difficult for u guys to mind d business u came to our territory to do

I insist you have not travelled beyond Lagos-Ibadan axis. So infantile in your presentation that you don't know the difference between reality and political gerrymandering.
Your vision about Nigerian nation is an indication of your microscopic view on issues.
Come out from your ethnic wool-pool and see reasons.
Your narrow vision is microcosm of the larger malaise plaguing Nigerian society.
But you could improve your outlook by jettisoning tribalism and narrow political support.
Re: Nigerian Man Shot Dead In South Africa (Photos) by Omodua(m): 11:12pm On Aug 01, 2023
computer0810:

Clap for yourself. Typing gibberish is your stock in trade.

Anyway, you could be pardoned as innocent kid with over fed butter and bread. We fought for liberation of Nigeria. Your parents were nowhere to he found.

Travel outside your domain to be wise. Your usual refrain, Na our Land you dey stay, is evidence of your myopic understanding of Nigeria leadership and political space.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies / What Google Is Telling Foreigners About Nigeria / Photos Of The Coffins Where 4 Nigerians To Be Killed In Indonesia Will Be Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.