Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,454 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu (12068 Views)

Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss / I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies / Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by FreeStuffsNG: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2023
The former general manager of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Alhaji Abubakar Bibi, has condemned the relocation of all aviation agencies headquarters from Lagos to Abuja in 2022 by the former Minister of Aviation, Sen. Hadi Sirika.

Bibi, who described the decision as a misnomer that must be changed immediately also described the recent launch of Nigeria Air on the last working day of the former administration as a scam, which must not be allowed to stand.

Bibi further stated that aviation agencies had no business in Abuja as Lagos remains the hub of aviation business in Nigeria.

Bibi who before his retirement from service a few years ago, was the Ilorin International Airport Terminal Manager, charged President Bola Tinubu to reverse the policy and some other decisions taken by the erstwhile minister in the twilight of the past administration, saying that most of the actions of the past minister setback the industry.

According to him, in a bid to move the industry forward, it was necessary for Tinubu to appoint a competent person as a minister for the sector.

He insisted that Tinubu had the knack for spotting talents, hoping that such would be replicated in the sector.

He insisted that the sector required a holistic repositioning from the porous performance of the past, lamenting that the minister supervised the industry for eight years without a management board, which by law was supposed to be responsible for several policy decisions, especially the employment of required personnel for the sector.

He said: “The former minister has succeeded in destroying the aviation industry. How can you make appointments of board members the day you were leaving office after spending eight years without boards? Imagine the appointments were announced on the day of the inauguration of a new government.

“From my own personal opinion, I don’t think FAAN has any business to do in Abuja as headquarters because Lagos is where a chunk of the revenues come from. Why will you relocate them to Abuja? What for?

“So, the new administration has to overhaul the entire system. Most of the appointments made were to cover up from certain issues.”

Recall that Sirika had in May 2020, issued a 45-day ultimatum to the agency’s heads to relocate to Abuja.

The letter was dated May 4, 2020, with the reference number: FMA/PMD/7061/T/4 with the head: ‘Relocation of Aviation Agencies’ Headquarters to Abuja,’ signed by Muhammad Shehu, Director, Human Resource Management on behalf of the ministry.

Sirika argued that the directive was due to the need to reduce the cost of governance and manage scarce resources.

The affected aviation agencies were the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority (NCAA), Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), Nigerian Investigation Safety Bureau (NSIB) and the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency (NAMA).

The letter stated that the directive to move to Abuja had been on since 2012.

Besides, Bibi described the recent launch of Nigeria Air on the last working day of the former administration as a scam, which must not be allowed to stand.

According to him, the scam involved in the entire arrangement with Ethiopian Airlines led the carrier’s Chairman to resign his position.

However, Bibi emphasized that it was necessary for the incoming Minister of Aviation to sit down with airline operators and other players in designing any policy that would encourage and support investments in the industry.

“If the government wants to revive the aviation industry, it has to carry the operators along because most of the decisions taken by the former administration didn’t consult the air operators.

“The entire aviation industry must be restructured. What happened under the last administration was nothing to write home about. What the President should do again is look at the people who can handle that industry properly.

“If he appoints a minister, the minister should just sit down and say, ‘Fine, let everybody bring his inputs’. I am sure by doing this, things would improve. But, aviation now in Nigeria is a total mess. Mr President should also investigate what happened with Nigeria Air.”

https://leadership.ng/relocate-aviation-agencies-reverse-nigeria-air-project-expert-tells-tinubu/

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by FreeStuffsNG: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2023
Bibi further stated that aviation agencies had no business in Abuja as Lagos remains the hub of aviation business in Nigeria.

I completely agree. This was the kind of horrible unpatriotic decisions that FG political appointees used to wreck Tin Can and Apapa Ports forcing Lagos state govt to birth the Lekki Deep seaport and the Badagry Deep seaport which is the nexthttps://www.nairaland.com/7780169/lagos-build-new-port-badagry#124692079

I recall that even a ship house was built for NPA in Abuja then by IBB/Abacha until they realized there's no sea in Abuja.smh

They moved Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) to Abuja too and returned the bourses in Lagos to its old name Lagos Stock Exchange until they realized that the main place remains Lagos and quickly returned the bourse back to Lagos and returned the name to Nigeria Stock Exchange.

It's like Sirika's tenure needs to be critically reviewed. This movement of all aviation agencies to Abuja is oddly strange to me. A lot of billions was invested in Lagos aviation sector by Ex-President Buhari , it is dumb to now move agencies to Abuja after improving the capacity and efficiency of Lagos the hub of aviation in Nigeria and West Africa.

I support the experts opinion that the agencies should be immediately returned to Lagos. Check my signature for free stuffs!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by christejames(m): 9:24am On Jul 28, 2023
So called experts that folded their arms when Sirika was on national heist? undecided

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by FreeStuffsNG: 9:34am On Jul 28, 2023
christejames:
So called experts that folded their arms when Sirika was on national heist? undecided
Smh. You must think everyone watch and listen to those toxic platforms you get your news from. Go and read about the shege these guys showed Sirika. They were regularly on strike and fighting Sirika for most parts of his tenure.

I love the decent and intellectual way they engaged him because I believe that was why despite their disagreements, there was no plane crash or serious aviation accident throughout his tenure. I remember how they insisted on not giving clearance to politicians during the campaigns due to safety concerns. Peter Obi made a fuss during one of such times. Even Asiwaju Tinubu in his famous Abeokuta speech cited why he will not stay longer in Abeokuta because his chopper will be denied landing after a time. I am very proud of our aviation experts and it's really heartwarming to celebrate these Patriots, all of them including Sirika despite the alleged flaws.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Dimaya: 12:36pm On Jul 28, 2023
And people everyday are dying to japa. See the future of Nigeria scrambling, using almost any kind of strategy to leave. God help us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAiqIyuG0hM

1 Like

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by flexyrule(m): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
Okay
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by mytime24(f): 12:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by paymentvoucher: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2023
grin cool cool
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by SmartPolician: 12:39pm On Jul 28, 2023
Leave the aviation agencies where they are in Abuja.

Decentralise Nigeria; Lagos is already full.

Everything shouldn't be in Lagos.

That's not how to run a sane society.

28 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Absuchat(m): 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
grin
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by blamingthedevil: 12:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
Enemies of Nigeria at work
Nigeria Air has come to stay

18 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Rahkman: 12:41pm On Jul 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I completely agree. This was the kind of horrible unpatriotic decisions that FG political appointees used to wreck Tin Can and Apapa Ports forcing Lagos state govt to birth the Lekki Deep seaport and the Badagry Deep seaports which is the next. I recall that even a ship house was built for NPA in Abuja then by IBB/Abacha until they realized there's no sea in Abuja.smh

They moved Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) to Abuja too and returned the bourses in Lagos to its old name Lagos Stock Exchange until they realized that the main place remains Lagos and quickly returned the bourse back to Lagos and returned the name to Nigeria Stock Exchange.

It's like Sirika's tenure needs to be critically reviewed. This movement of all aviation agencies to Abuja is oddly strange to me. A lot of billions was invested in Lagos aviation sector by Ex-President Buhari , it is dumb to now move agencies to Abuja after improving the capacity and efficiency of Lagos the hub of aviation in Nigeria and West Africa.

I support the experts opinion that the agencies should be immediately returned to Lagos.
this neega is from osun state but the way him carry lagos for head you go think say him papa get pin for inside

11 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by JoeyNaza: 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
How about making the criminals responsible for that heist to vomit every kobo running into 10s of billions spent on that failed project.

They won't do that because if you do the money trail, a fine straight line will trace to each and every oga's pocket there in Abuja.

ABUJA: Hot bed of corruption destruction.

3 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by rightopdeep(m): 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
christejames:
But we need to Move on now

I can send you Pictures .

0.9.0 six 7.6.0.7.8.3 one

2 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Wealthoptulent(m): 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
We on it

1 Like

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Kukutente23: 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
This one that's always carrying Lagos on his head like gala.
I believe he has no usefulness to the Lagos self o.
Everything he does or says reeks of bigotry or partisanship.
A sign of acute lack of common sense.

3 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Racoon(m): 12:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Of course that shameful and shambolic Air Nigeria launch by Buhari’s Aviation minister-Ahmed Sirika must be thoroughly scrutinised and investigated. The man ought to be jailed. Confident criminal

2 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by omooba969(m): 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
To have a national airline has now become rocket science...lol 😂

That white South African who once made a speech about blacks not being able to govern themselves is actually right after all. smiley

7 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by rajiedreez: 12:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Blaze14k: 12:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
Why would he reverse it do you want him to go against the wishes of him slave masters. Instead of this government to partner with peace mass they shy away to embrace Ethiopia airline. What a disgrace.

2 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by allthingsgood: 12:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
ok oo

Complaining like u are any better
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Segzy19: 12:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
What could they have done against the minister then oooooo?
christejames:
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Akaegwu(m): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
They are dealing with the Igbos. All government agencies headquarters must move to Abuja or kano
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by legba1(m): 12:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I completely agree. This was the kind of horrible unpatriotic decisions that FG political appointees used to wreck Tin Can and Apapa Ports forcing Lagos state govt to birth the Lekki Deep seaport and the Badagry Deep seaport which is the nexthttps://www.nairaland.com/7780169/lagos-build-new-port-badagry#124692079

I recall that even a ship house was built for NPA in Abuja then by IBB/Abacha until they realized there's no sea in Abuja.smh

I support the experts opinion that the agencies should be immediately returned to Lagos. Check my signature for free stuffs!

Sirika reported at the DSS office this morning. I just hope something meaniful come out of that. .

1 Like

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by SpatialKing(m): 12:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
First relocate all oil and gas companies and cooperation headquarters from Lagos and Abuja to Niger Delta Region...

1 Like

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Generalyemi(m): 12:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
Na so
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Rolexx22: 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
Fact
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by SpatialKing(m): 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
SmartPolician:
Leave the aviation agencies where they are in Abuja.

Decentralise Nigeria; Lagos is already full.

Everything shouldn't be in Lagos.

That's not how to run a sane society.

They should first relocate all oil and gas companies headquarters to Niger Delta Region

2 Likes

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by powerhouse3(m): 1:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
There's nothing this Buhari era didn't relocate.

Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR)was relocate from kofo Abayomi Lagos to Abuja,so thier people that has no oil can have a field day,... Tinubu must as a matter of urgency relocate it back to south...

1 Like

Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Adabestseason(m): 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2023
Let do away with aviation and use bicycle
Re: Relocate Aviation Agencies, Reverse Nigeria Air Project, Abubakar Bibi To Tinubu by Vifx: 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
They've come again

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gunmen Invade Kogi Communities, 19 Feared Killed, Houses Razed / Lagos Rated ‘fifth Worst City’ / Corps Members Disappointed Us – Inec

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.