Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss (22089 Views)

I’d Rather Sack You Than Lose My Job, Keyamo Tells Ceos Of Aviation Agencies / Buhari constitutes Board For Aviation Agencies, Renames Airports - Hours To Go / Why I Can’t Support Akwa Ibom Airport Development –ncaa Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Okirinwankwa76(m): 5:07am On Dec 14, 2023
Tinubu sacks five aviation agencies heads, suspends NCAA boss
President Bola Tinubu on Wednesday, sacked the heads of various agencies in the aviation sector, replacing them with acting and substantive heads.

They include Mr. Kabir Mohammed of the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria; Mr. Tayib Odunowo of the Nigerian Airspace Management Agency; Akinola Olateru of the Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau; Prof. Mansur Matazu of the Nigerian Meteorological Agency; and Alkali Modibbo, the Rector of the Nigerian College of Aviation Technology.

He also suspended the Director-General of the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority, Captain Musa Nuhu “to enable the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission to conduct an unfettered investigation into the activities of the suspended Director-General and other senior officials in the Nigeria Civil Aviation Authority,” a statement signed by Tinubu’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, revealed Wednesday night.

The statement is titled ‘President Tinubu approves leadership changes in the Aviation and Aerospace Development Sector.’

Consequently, the President appointed Mrs. Olubunmi Kuku as the substantive Managing Director of FAAN; Umar Farouk as the substantive Managing Director of NAMA; son of former Chief of Air Staff, Mr. Alex Badeh Jr. as the substantive Director-General of the NSIB.

Tinubu also named Prof. Charles Anosike as the substantive Director-General of NiMET, Mr. Joseph Imalighwe as the Acting Rector of NCAT, as Mr Chris Najomo assumes office as the Acting Director-General of the NCAA immediately.

https://punchng.com/tinubu-sacks-five-aviation-agencies-heads-suspends-ncaa-boss

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by cenaman(m): 5:14am On Dec 14, 2023
Baba Chicago. The nepotism that runs in his blood is second to none.

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Femisol(m): 5:18am On Dec 14, 2023
May this sacking spree Favour me and my family

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by nurey(m): 5:19am On Dec 14, 2023
Corruption has finished every sector of the Nigerian economy.

In the 70s and 80s we were an Albatross in aviation but now we be kiwi in aviation, huge amounts of tax payers sweat dumped to revive it but all squandered to abyss

21 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Dottore: 5:19am On Dec 14, 2023
Ok
Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by jaeyking(m): 5:21am On Dec 14, 2023
undecided undecided
Baba just dey sack and replace at anytime.

But then a question
does the president have such power without it going through the house of assembly??

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by ultimate121: 5:21am On Dec 14, 2023
Y
Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Iamzik: 5:22am On Dec 14, 2023
Someone is asking whether president has the power to appoint head of aviation agencies.

Let's ask Buhari grin grin

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by viktagorion: 5:22am On Dec 14, 2023
Welcome development.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by mrdharkchild(m): 5:22am On Dec 14, 2023
Removed incompetent people, to put in way more incompetent people

12 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Nicenixon: 5:22am On Dec 14, 2023
cenaman:
Lol! Don't be a fool, check the appointment again.

82 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Iamzik: 5:22am On Dec 14, 2023
cenaman:

You need a pair of glasses. Where is the nepotism in this appointment? The names I see are pretty well spread across the country unlike your Buhari that will appoint 8 mallam out of 10 positions.

I say this as someone who did not vote for Tinubu. When he does well I will applaud him. When he misbehaves I will criticize him

120 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by BluntCrazeMan: 5:22am On Dec 14, 2023
Ok Naa..

So far it's for the better.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Philistine(m): 5:23am On Dec 14, 2023
Tinubu's definition of democracy is sharing appointments to his cronies in preparation for the next election. Tinubu is the most useless and irresponsible Nigerian President in history.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Chetas81(m): 5:24am On Dec 14, 2023
cenaman:
IF NOT THAT YOU BLACK AFRICANS FAILED TO UNDERSTAND THAT, EXPERIENCE HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH NEPOTISM,OR WHATEVER YOU CALLED IT, OYINBO PEOPLE CHOOSE THE RIGHT PERSON FOR EVERY JOB, BUT BLACK AFRICANS TAKE IT FROM OPPOSITE SIDE, BY GIVING BRICKLAYERS THE DOCTOR JOB

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Cutehector(m): 5:26am On Dec 14, 2023
jaeyking:
undecided undecided

But then a question
does the president have such power without it going through the house of assembly??
such positions dont require the permission of the house of assembly. Did you vote for ncaa director to become director at NCAA?

No dey fück up..

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Yestogood: 5:27am On Dec 14, 2023
jaeyking:
undecided undecided

But then a question

Suspension is clearly within his power.
Aviation sector is riddled with corruption.
Will his new appointments change anything?
Unlikely.

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Difrent: 5:28am On Dec 14, 2023
Okirinwankwa76:
Tinubu sacks five aviation agencies heads, suspends NCAA boss

https://punchng.com/tinubu-sacks-five-aviation-agencies-heads-suspends-ncaa-boss

NCAN rejects this new appointments.
Why is it full of igbo sounding names
PBAT must appoint only yorubas like they have been accusing him ....he must act like PMB and give give all the major position to yorubas.... We will teach igbos a lesson

Make I move before them wake up begin talk nonsense not knowing say na play I dey play

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Difrent: 5:29am On Dec 14, 2023
cenaman:

That's why theres no yorubaman among the new appointees.
You are disappointed right

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by LOVEGINO(m): 5:35am On Dec 14, 2023
jaeyking:
undecided undecided

But then a question
no time.
Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by AbuTwins: 5:36am On Dec 14, 2023
May Allah guide our leaders and we the led.

Even ignorant people would want to contribute to any political discussions. At least know your level. You shouldn't reveal your bigotry every now and then!

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by omooje1(m): 5:41am On Dec 14, 2023
Good move

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Xwizard: 5:46am On Dec 14, 2023
7 months old husky for sale

Check my profile for WhatsApp contact
Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Hezmatosky: 5:46am On Dec 14, 2023
Iamzik:

You need a pair of glasses. Where is the nepotism in this appointment? The name is pretty well spread across the country unlike your Bihari that will appoint 8 mallam out of 10 positions.

I say this as someone who did not vote for Tinubu. When he does well I will applaud him. When he misbehaves I will criticize him
Do you actually know the meaning of nepotism?

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by mytime24(f): 5:55am On Dec 14, 2023
Drunken power govt wit

Autocracy
Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by Iamzik: 5:55am On Dec 14, 2023
Hezmatosky:

Do you actually know the meaning of nepotism?

I don't know. Please bring marker and white board so that you can lecture me....

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Sacks Five Aviation Agencies Heads, Suspends NCAA Boss by owolabi5: 5:58am On Dec 14, 2023
cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islamic New Year: Osun And Kano Declare Public Holiday / I’ll Beat Atiku, Tinubu Landslide, Kola Abiola Boasts / Adams Oshiomhole Receiving Award From Philip Shaibu (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.