Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,500 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card (11889 Views)

Court Orders INEC To Allow 2 Nigerians Vote With Temporary Voters Card / Osinbajo: Firm Okays ₦2,600 Cement Price To Boost FG’s Housing Project / Don't Vote With Your Thumb, Vote With Your Index Finger On Saturday - INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by fergie001: 2:14pm On Jul 28, 2023
Today, Friday, 28th of July 2023, the Court of Appeal struck out INEC’s appeal in the the case of INEC v. Kofoworola & Anor. Appeal No:CA/ABJ/CV/364/2023; where the respondents were represented by their counsel Opatola Victor Esq.

The matter was on whether the registered voters can use their Temporary Voter Card to vote in place of their Permanent Voter Card during election.

You will recall that the Federal High Court had, in March 2023, given a judgment that allowed the use of Temporary Voter Cards for voting, in place of Permanent Voter Card. However, INEC disagreed with this judgment and appealed the decision.

The Court of Appeal, after careful consideration, has now struck out INEC’s appeal.

This means that the judgment given by the Federal High Court stands.

This is a significant victory on the use of Temporary Voter Cards to vote in Nigeria. A decision that will impact how people participate in future elections.

Victor Opatola Esq.

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Court Orders INEC To Allow 2 Nigerians Vote With Temporary Voters Card

INEC To Appeal Court's Decision On Temporary Voters Card

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by sheedy407(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Its ok since its backed up by law.

Anyways, make i go drink my Action Bitters as this is my first time in like 13 years as first to comment

12 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by iHateFraudsters: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Fair enough
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Wealthoptulent(m): 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Lolz.. 2027?
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Who this one epp?

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Bobloco: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
I think this is fair enough

With the use of BVAS, a voter only need to appear with an evidence whether permanent voter card or temporary voter card to show the he or she is a registered voter of which it will be reconfirmed by the BVAS

6 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Curse777: 2:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
cool

As long as you are registered

BIVAS technology already have your bio data

Soon we won't need any card.. just your fingerprint or face scan

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Alchemy528: 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
Your name is already as a member their,,, as a previous users,,,
Nice doings

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by bonechamberlain(m): 2:48pm On Jul 28, 2023
angry

APC trying all possible best to take Nigeria back to their rigging with ease days.

2 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by clems88(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
Mtcheheew . Medicine after death .

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Curse777: 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
sheedy407:

Anyways, make i go drink my Action Bitters as this is my first time in like 13 years as first to comment

Na wetin I dey sip now oo cold too much

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by BigBlackPreek(m): 2:49pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good development
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by salbis(m): 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good to see that some sane Nigerians will go to any length to get justice.
But the sad reality is that votes don't usually count in this part of the world.

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Cjayboy: 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2023
Failed Judiciary...

Don not ask me why?
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by chuose2: 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
So that fulanis all over west africa will come and vote?
https://twitter.com/BIAFRAJUSTICES/status/1626518200853712896?s=20

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Henadih(m): 2:52pm On Jul 28, 2023
Very good one. Foolish Manhood Yakubu INEC. You issued temporary Voters card to do what. If you know they cannot use it to vote why not issue original one instantly. Nonsense. During the rerun we will use out printed temporary card to voted Peter Obi who will now make diasporal to votes as well. Manhood Yankubu must acount for the Billions spent on the last election. jail is waiting for the Animal.

3 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by BoldBrainz(m): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
This shouldn't be news to gloat or be happy over. This is simply more votes for INEC to steal and deliver to the highest bidder.
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Administration1: 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2023
Hmmm
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by BoldBrainz(m): 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2023
sheedy407:

I just use two of that bitters wash down the yam porridge wey I just finish to Lem! The situation of the country no be wetin man pikin go dey carry clear eye follow the matter.. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by spencekat(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
Wealthoptulent:
Lolz.. 2027?
No,some states will have elections before then.
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by Menclothing: 3:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
Only 2 individuals or all person with the card

1 Like

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by IkejaJobs247: 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2023

VACANCY
Job role: Marketers

Job Requirements:
· Minimum of OND
Remuneration: Good remuneration + commission.

If Interested, please send CV to

ikejajobs247@gmail.com

Using MARKETER as mail subject.

Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by 9jatriot(m): 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2023
Why do government lawyers always lose even when they supposedly have a good case.

A temporal ID card is in leu of the main one and usually have an expiry date. If the issuing body says your card has expired, it has expired. If you are given a temporal driver's license for example, it should expire within the time stipulated, after which you are now supposed to produce your real driver's license.

There should always be a performance review for government lawyers and prosecutor department so that they can always seat up.

They lose too many cases.
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by oluwaseyi0: 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2023
this things called court are hell bent on dragging Nigeria backward

why vote with temporal voters' card when you can swap for permanent ones

rather the court should force and heavily fine INEC if they fail to deliver PVC to willing to receieve voters
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by victorazy(m): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2023
Ok
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by bigdammyj: 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2023
Noted.
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by bestman09(m): 3:35pm On Jul 28, 2023

Pls, is the judgement for the 2 people only or for everyone with a temporary voters card?

Menclothing:
Only 2 individuals or all person with the card

I am also confused with the heading!
Re: Appeal Court Okays 2 Nigerians To Vote With Temporary Voter's Card by ganisucks(f): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
T

(1) (2) (Reply)

FEMI FANI-KAYODE - Buhari, His Two-headed Dragon And His ‘war’ Against Terror / Breaking: Fani-kayode, Odumakin Drag Efcc To Court Over Threat, Claims N20m / Sultan Hails Buhari’s Re-election, Urges Atiku To Accept Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.