Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,795 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP (22076 Views)

Twitter Cracks Down On Nigerians Using Bloodied Flag To Mark EndSARS Anniversary / Wike Mocks Buhari Over Insecurity: You Were Not Elected Just To Obtain Loans / Lagos State Government Releases Updated Lists Of Emergency Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Menclothing: 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
Once you save a contact on your phone loan company will call so Abuja residents many have the number on their phone
Expect loan company to call

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by sotall(m): 3:51pm On Jul 28, 2023
undecided
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Curious345: 3:52pm On Jul 28, 2023
Hnmmm
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by nairalanda1(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
saintopus:
How can this be possible? Your mobile number is linked to your NIN, and who gives loans without BVN?

When you register on a loan app, in addition to your number, the app asks you for two numbers..security numbers,...so that if they cannot reach you, they would call those numbers instead

The two other numbers can be from your friend, colleague, relative, etc.

Some smart boys and girls are using the NPF's emergency numbers as the security numbers

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by tobenuel(m): 3:53pm On Jul 28, 2023
Cruise country..
Just borrow data, you go dey alright

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by kokoA(m): 3:54pm On Jul 28, 2023
Dem go receive calls tire.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by OlujobaSamuel: 3:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
This CP no smart at al, na im type dey accuse every fine dude as yahoo boy.
Loan sharks extract contacts saved on people's phone and start calling at random to demand for loan repayment.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by nedekid: 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
Naija shaa.. Haba
Boys don take them play handicap.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by nedekid: 3:58pm On Jul 28, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
This CP no smart at al, na im type dey accuse every fine dude as yahoo boy.
Loan sharks extract contacts saved on people's phone and start calling at random to demand for loan repayment.
But there is a portion where you put info such as next of kin, guarantor or your employers number if I remember right.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Jasperado: 3:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
Very easy to get whoever involved. Police choppings !

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by 001Lagos: 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Dem don use police number sign guarantor 😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by okorogodwin4(m): 4:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
I will steal from the police if I have my way

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by FireUpNow(m): 4:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
So many flying demons in the land

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Federalis: 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
So what is loan? Is it not emergency? They should pay.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by kheny12(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
Nigeria police too dey deal with loan sharks grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Ameboperoo(m): 4:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
Menclothing:
Once you save a contact on your phone loan company will call so Abuja residents many have the number on their phone
Expect loan company to call

This is the most likely explanation. these loan sharks call and message any number on your contact list and claim you used them as guarantors.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by vicfajeze: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2023
**Nigerians are never ever gonna change!! **Well, I'm not surprised, 'cuz 90% of them are criminals!!You be ghanian?
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Majesty7: 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2023

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by NOwazobia: 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2023
saintopus:
How can this be possible? Your mobile number is linked to your NIN, and who gives loans without BVN?
I think it is the guarantors number.

Loan sharks will usually call the guarantor when they can't reach the borrower.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by proprince(m): 4:12pm On Jul 28, 2023
Oga is your fellow police officers that are doing that.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by akpumping7720(m): 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2023
Chaiii. Naija

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by OlujobaSamuel: 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
nedekid:

But there is a portion where you put info such as next of kin, guarantor or your employers number if I remember right.
Loan sharks operating here do not necessarily needs all that, they just request for permission to access your contacts and they extract all your contacts.
You are making reference to sane financial institution that are acting normal, loan sharks are not normal.
For a guarantee to be valid, there must be consent of the guarantor, so mere dropping of number do not make one a guarantor

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
smiley When I said he be like say no be only me dey use my number e go be like say I dey joke ..shebi name suppose commot when loan shark do verification.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Akaegwu(m): 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
Egunje loan
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by illicit(m): 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
Police is our friend now

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Xpol: 4:17pm On Jul 28, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You use your number to apply for the loan and that's where you receive the OTP.

Then you're asked to provide two security numbers, just so the loan company can know who to reach in case you default or they're unable to reach you directly.

Na the security numbers na im Nigerians dey carry Nigerian Police numbers put inside so.. grin cheesy
lol since police be the chief security agent na. So the numbers still qualify as security numbers.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by BoldBrainz(m): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2023
Xpol:
lol since police be the chief security agent na.

Yes na grin.

All the "roja" we've been giving to Police during their stop-and-search operations, let them take from there and repay the loans for Nigerians.

Useless human beings!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by kerry57: 4:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
Fear who no fear we Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Hotwest: 4:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good. Make the loan app agents dey call police numbers and other security agents

Make Dem use their hand arrest themselves for their fraudulent loan of unsuspecting people

Last one gave me 9500+ to repay 25k+ in 6-7days

Started reminding me of d loan in just 2days time then called family member on d 6th day

I just pay jeje and curse them

They will deceive u it's 10k to pay 12k in one month. Na lie

Just watch their ads on YouTube or so and see their lies of mouth watery loan which is very fake

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:21pm On Jul 28, 2023
If police are serious, they know how to get the culprits from the loan sharks. The culprits used the police numbers as guarantors or next of kin things

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong / Otodo Gbame Residents Protest At Governor Ambode's Office In Alausa (pics / Bola Tinubu Sends Atiku Birthday Greetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.