Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,248 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP (22109 Views)

Twitter Cracks Down On Nigerians Using Bloodied Flag To Mark EndSARS Anniversary / Wike Mocks Buhari Over Insecurity: You Were Not Elected Just To Obtain Loans / Lagos State Government Releases Updated Lists Of Emergency Numbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Glassysea(m): 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2023
Sir not true this loan apps using softwares to access all contacts on ones phine immediately you collect loans if you don't pay in due time ,them will start calling all your contact that is what happened, as much as you saved the number on your phone ,
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by blowjohn(m): 4:23pm On Jul 28, 2023
But police is ur friend na
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by fabolouz1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2023
The whole sim registration is hogwash.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by linearity: 4:25pm On Jul 28, 2023
MadamExcellency:
Who else can insure and serve as guarantor for poor Nigerians if not our police. You wan make they steal and face poor man's street jungle justice

Police should pay up and stop complaining.

After all, they say Police is your friend….I beg, when would one need a friend indeed if not as a guarantor for a loan?

Police should maintain and live up to their expectations!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by mariovito(m): 4:34pm On Jul 28, 2023
I don't think those numbers were supplied intentionally.

You know how loan apps ask for permission to read your contacts, it just copies everything and those people may have saved the emergency number.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Iykenuwa(m): 4:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
This is taking the statement "POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND" to a whole new level. grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Bobxin: 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
Benki003:
Lmao, 😂 it is finally stated that normal people in Nigeria no pass 10

But wait how possible is this, cause for all I know your suppose to get otp with the number of u were to use it and borrow money, but then what do I know. 😅😅
You're supposed to get OTP and submit your BVN, from which they will get the number linked to your BVN, and that's the number they use for debt collection.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Bobxin: 4:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
Glassysea:
Sir not true this loan apps using softwares to access all contacts on ones phine immediately you collect loans if you don't pay in due time ,them will start calling all your contact that is what happened, as much as you saved the number on your phone ,
The people taking loans probably saved the emergency numbers on their phones and loan sharks called those numbers. I don't believe him cuz the LAON SHARKS collect numbers linked to BVN at the submission of your BVN
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Bobxin: 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2023
nairalanda1:

When you register on a loan app, in addition to your number, the app asks you for two numbers..security numbers,...so that if they cannot reach you, they would call those numbers instead

The two other numbers can be from your friend, colleague, relative, etc.

Some smart boys and girls are using the NPF's emergency numbers as the security numbers

You're right, and then these smart guys turn off the numbers linked to their BVN.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by tsdarkside(m): 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
chaii....i don laugh tire....
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by SoliBayNG: 4:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
They aren't putting it. They most likely saved it against when they will need it, and seeing this apps ask for access to your phone book, they get the number from there and call randomly.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by tsdarkside(m): 4:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
Benki003:
Lmao, 😂it is finally stated that normal people in Nigeria no pass 10

But wait how possible is this, cause for all I know your suppose to get otp with the number of u were to use it and borrow money, but then what do I know. 😅😅

bwahaha....i think they all went already extinct....

nawa....
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by saintbillion(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
Salary:

**Bullshít!!
**Nigerians are never ever gonna change!!
**Well, I'm not surprised, 'cuz 90% of them are criminals!!

....... fúck the drug lord!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by lomprico(m): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
Police emergency line is supposed to be 4 numbers or 3 highest that someone can easily remember and dial. Una carry 11 digit phone number dey do emergency number. Useless government

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by demoBaba: 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2023
BoldBrainz:

You use your number to apply for the loan and that's where you receive the OTP.

Then you're asked to provide two security numbers, just so the loan company can know who to reach in case you default or they're unable to reach you directly.

Na the security numbers na im Nigerians dey carry Nigerian Police numbers put inside so.. grin cheesy

No issues....they asked for security number, and security number was giving.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Ikpunnegi01: 5:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
Omo people dey vex ooh! Make I try luck shaa.. You no go dey fit form righteous till thy kingdom come. The kingdom is here now if you no act hunger go finish you 😂 😂 😂 See cruise!
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Kaytixy: 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
Laugh wan kii me. Nigerians dey vex.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by buzmanjohn(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2023
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Kaytixy: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2023
Benki003:
Lmao, 😂 it is finally stated that normal people in Nigeria no pass 10

loan shark will request for like 4 numbers from your contact so they now have them police emergency number
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by nedekid: 5:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Loan sharks operating here do not necessarily needs all that, they just request for permission to access your contacts and they extract all your contacts.
You are making reference to sane financial institution that are acting normal, loan sharks are not normal.
For a guarantee to be valid, there must be consent of the guarantor, so mere dropping of number do not make one a guarantor
I understand you. But I have received calls in the past from a loan company specifically addressed to me, telling me my then manager used me as a guarantor, as his employer.
My question to them was so if I apply for loan and put Obj, ibb, abacha as my employer or guarantor, will you just assume I am truthful and give me the money or you will call to confirm before granting the loan.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by backtovillage: 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2023
Aswear Nigerians some no well
What a cruise country
😂😂😂
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Cantonese: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2023
If no be see finish, how should these happen? So there is even no way to monitor their own emergency numbers?
Abeg make them get small shame na.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Drbarmes(m): 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2023
i dont understand how some of this loan apps approve loans without confirming the guarantors.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Bimpe29: 5:25pm On Jul 28, 2023
See finish Pro Max
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by OlujobaSamuel: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2023
nedekid:

I understand you. But I have received calls in the past from a loan company specifically addressed to me, telling me my then manager used me as a guarantor, as his employer.
My question to them was so if I apply for loan and put Obj, ibb, abacha as my employer or guarantor, will you just assume I am truthful and give me the money or you will call to confirm before granting the loan.
No mind Dem, na lies.
One still called me last week, she asked if I know so so person, the name do not sound familiar, so I told her no, so I probe why she is asking. She said the person borrowed a loan and use me as guarantor, now she has absconded and I need to get her to pay the loan or I bears liability.
I just asked her, how come you gave out a loan without verification of guarantor? Don't you think the right protocol is to seek the consent of the guarantor before approving the loan? Is that how your company generally operates?
The lady knew she called wahala, she just said, I'm sorry sir, it's a mistake on our part, thanks. She ended the call.
One once sent me a WhatsApp message, I took my time to reply him, the guy blocked me straight.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Benwallt(m): 5:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
Kikikik8kikikii8kikikik😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 very funny.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by fuckJones(f): 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2023
grin
Kukutente23:
grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
😆😆😆😆
🤣🤣🤣🤣
😄😄😄😄

I laugh in many colours
And you're still putting out more numbers
This looks like a joke to take our minds off subsidy removal
angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by crisubanijunior(m): 5:43pm On Jul 28, 2023
😃 this country na cruise I swear. When u travel out na u go know say naija sweet las las.
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by President2001(m): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2023
They're pranking Npf
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Galantamine(m): 6:57pm On Jul 28, 2023
Lol 😂😂😂😂😂 guys are not smiling 😁😁
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by Itulah(m): 7:08pm On Jul 28, 2023
Thanks for the update, Police is indeed our friend. grin
Re: Nigerians Using FCT Police Emergency Numbers To Obtain Loans — CP by nedekid: 7:25pm On Jul 28, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

No mind Dem, na lies.
One still called me last week, she asked if I know so so person, the name do not sound familiar, so I told her no, so I probe why she is asking. She said the person borrowed a loan and use me as guarantor, now she has absconded and I need to get her to pay the loan or I bears liability.
I just asked her, how come you gave out a loan without verification of guarantor? Don't you think the right protocol is to seek the consent of the guarantor before approving the loan? Is that how your company generally operates?
The lady knew she called wahala, she just said, I'm sorry sir, it's a mistake on our part, thanks. She ended the call.
One once sent me a WhatsApp message, I took my time to reply him, the guy blocked me straight.
Lol.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which State Is The Most Accomodating In Nigeria / 2019: Ortom Suspends Political Activities In Benue / Maina Has Started Speaking Up On How He Spent The N24bn ―source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.