Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? (10757 Views)

Any Igbo That Moves From Oshodi To Buy Any Shop For 1 To 3 Million Is Cursed / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by joudini(m): 10:18am On Oct 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

confirmed authority stealing !
#402 175 400 million on presidential drugs ? shocked shocked shocked which one be presidential drugs for God sake ?

No be presidential villa u dey? Use style ask GEJ now.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 10, 2011
joudini:

No be presidential villa u dey? Use style ask GEJ now.
he looks healthy but spending that amount on drugs looks like an avenue to steal to me.abi paracetamol don dey expensive like that ?
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by monkeyleg: 11:06am On Oct 10, 2011
Does Goodluck really feel happy cheating nigerians this way. People are hungry and dying, yet oga is spending millions on biscuit and sweet for guests. The abuse of power that goes on in that country, even devils sef go shame
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 10, 2011
mr godman_n i support ur cause for d greater good of our future. . . Pls drop ur number or
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by OmoTier1(m): 11:23am On Oct 10, 2011
And have we gotten a re-joined from the inglorious Reuben Abati yet?

This is one of the reasons the Civil Service is still innately corrupt because those Directors, DGs know the leadership is only paying leap service to financial prudency in managing the country's wealth.

By the way, during the 51st Nigeria's independence lecture, Jonathan promised He was going to hold a live phone-in media chat with Nigerians.

If the phone calls are not stage managed -as we know they can do with the help of NSA and SSS- can we make it a point of duty to query the president on this?

We know the State House is huge and has so many employees, but we also know that the State House/Presidency uses employees of other government agencies and they are paid by these agencies and not by the presidency!

Why on earth should the state house be on a national grid? Why can't they generate thier own electricity from wind and Solar? or Can the state house use up 20MW? I mean, this will save cost in the long run.

What a disgrace!
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by tunde300us(m): 11:28am On Oct 10, 2011
Ofada and abakaliki rice don dey dat expensive ?   The president says we should eat what we produce.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Wadosky(m): 11:31am On Oct 10, 2011
Revolution revolution revolution revolution revolution revolution

Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by ceah(m): 11:46am On Oct 10, 2011
I think beaf should tell us which of These items he is supplying to aso rock, grin grin grin presidential food and news paper ?
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by ak47mann(m): 11:49am On Oct 10, 2011
ceah:

I think beaf should tell us which of These items he is supplying to aso rock, grin grin grin presidential food and news paper ?
grin grin grin
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by BetaThings: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2011
werepeLeri:

One day - someone will start a thread that says Seun becomes a woman overnight and without verification, that thread will make it to the front page.

LOL.
Don't bother to spin this one out. Even Beaf has confirmed it

Beaf:

I can only say its good to be in Aso Rock. Lol!
What we haven't considered though is the number of staff those figures cover. State house is a very big place housing hundreds of people and employing thousands from soldiers, police, SSS to cooks, cleaners, secretaries etc and having all sorts of different offices. Its like feeding a town.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by BetaThings: 12:01pm On Oct 10, 2011
~Bluetooth:

confirmed authority stealing !
#402 175 400 million on presidential drugs ? shocked shocked shocked which one be presidential drugs for God sake ?

Beaf:

^
That question doesn't even qualify. The Aso Rock clinic cannot lack anything, nobody jokes with their President.

Lol! Vendor can't enter Aso Rock o! You wan make 'e paralyse?

It does qualify. We are talking about N402m! This is enough to build and hospital and kit it
If you spent these on drugs alone, the critical people (Jonathan, his wife, Smabo, his wife) cannot exhaust the drugs in 4 terms ie 16 years
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by DeepSoul(f): 12:42pm On Oct 10, 2011

I know that the Nigerian Govt is a thieving one but that isn't any justification for believing EVERY story we hear!

This story sounds exaggerated to me undecided
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 10, 2011
Our country was taken other by crooks and thieves after they poisoned Abacha who was the last patriotic leader we had.

Review Nigeria's history and you would realise where things began to go wrong

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-693700.0.html
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by rahouf1: 1:33pm On Oct 10, 2011
Godman_n:

All these we know.

Any positive action on our part? What can we do to stop them?

Now that they have told us they want to increase fuel price come January, can we start planing a counter measure? Can Nairaland forum stand and be counted as the forum that laid the foundation for the liberation of Nigeria?

How do we start?

Let start planing on a march in Lagos come January if they dare increase fuel price? Let go about printing polo's, cap's etc. for protest come January. Just a peaceful protest like the one happening in US. The business men among us can even make a small living out the sales from the protest items.

Thank God the ACN opposition party will find it convenient to protect us.

I thought about this, because I know the labour unions lack the sincerity to challenge the government. I witnessed how Oshimole sold us off during his days. I see Oshimole with his shortcomings better than these crop of labour leaders we have.

Each of us is a leader that can liberate Nigeria. Let us rise and make a change. This is an opportunity. The masses will be on our support because it is biting all.

If we can pull this through, generations after us will be proud of us.

Really appreciate your suggestion i think this how the protest was started in Egypt nothern africa through facebook mobilisation awareness, i believe if nigerian youth can arise and fight for our right it will lead us to better future.
it just that musician had once sang thus: my broda na ur eye go shapen,cus it be like say it don dey happen.nobody wan die but dey wan go heaven. Fela that why army go slap ur face u go look like monkey,
imagine upon the goodness and right governance col Gaddafi operate in libya yet unrest crises occured so what are we talking about, in libya every profit make on libya oil is credited to citizen account directly and no payment of electricity and other good things.

is that not why out of 26,000 nigerian in libya only 6000 agreed to be evacuated back to nigeria,
please my people let get mobilise and start protesting.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by EkoIle1: 1:36pm On Oct 10, 2011
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by TomFord: 1:42pm On Oct 10, 2011
May i ask what type of sweets and biscuits?is it m&k,go go,trebor,okin(short cake) or what?this is really ludicrous
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Gody2k: 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2011
O boy dis man dey spend pass families of twelve for one year
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Dagods(m): 2:34pm On Oct 10, 2011
The more u c d less u understand, pls can some reminds me of d motor of d "BOY-SCOUT"if u know it,"Apply-IT"
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Rossikk(m): 2:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
Beaf said

What we haven't considered though is the number of staff those figures cover. State house is a very big place housing hundreds of people and employing thousands from soldiers, police, SSS to cooks, cleaners, secretaries etc and having all sorts of different offices. Its like feeding a town.

Very true. Some of these guys  think Aso Rock is like their house in Surulere. Bros, even governors' state house complexes for STATES are filled with all sorts of officials, guest houses, soldiers, police, drivers, secretaries, cleaners, family members of the governor, friends, associates, and receive scores, even hundreds of visitors daily from across Nigeria and beyond. The kitchen sizes in those places are huge, like they were built to feed a town.  How much more Aso Rock?

And you can't really blame them for this. Government is not a one man job, and if you found yourself [/b]in the confines of the presidential villa, on one mission or the other, the least [b]YOU'D expect is a good meal. So free them abeg.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Judexman(m): 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2011
am jst speechless lik MJ,
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by tlops(m): 5:42pm On Oct 10, 2011
why una dey complain? see madam umbrella dey "robo" (from -orobo) everyday. Obe to dun owo lo pa. soup wey sweet na money make am.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by ocelot2006(m): 6:01pm On Oct 10, 2011
Kai   shocked  shocked . Blood of Jesus  shocked  shocked
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by oladayo042: 6:44pm On Oct 10, 2011
Na golden cow dem dey kill for state house?
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by ceah(m): 7:47pm On Oct 10, 2011
Deep Soul:

I know that the Nigerian Govt is a thieving one but that isn't any justification for believing EVERY story we hear!

This story sounds exaggerated to me undecided

It's all over The dailies last week, it's No lies, why cant you use google,
Rossikk:

Very true. Some of these guys  think Aso Rock is like their house in Surulere. Bros, even governors' state house complexes for STATES are filled with all sorts of officials, guest houses, soldiers, police, drivers, secretaries, cleaners, family members of the governor, friends, associates, and receive scores, even hundreds of visitors daily from across Nigeria and beyond. The kitchen sizes in those places are huge, like they were built to feed a town.  How much more Aso Rock?

And you can't really blame them for this. Government is not a one man job, and if you found yourself [/b]in the confines of the presidential villa, on one mission or the other, the least [b]YOU'D expect is a good meal. So free them abeg.

Please check out barrack obama budget for The year, ask yourself The question why should aso rock eat more than 10 times white house, secondly everyone working in aso rock get paid salary and allowance for food from civil service so what food are they giving those living there again, Fyi i know Someone in The domain, so dont come here to support evil deed
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by dayokanu(m): 7:58pm On Oct 10, 2011
What do you expect from a Retardeen led govt
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by naijaking1: 8:00pm On Oct 10, 2011
Can we compare these expenses with those of Yar'dua, OBJ, IBB, Abacha, etc?
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by rafcrown(m): 8:04pm On Oct 10, 2011
No wonder they all want second,third ,fourth term -elongated period
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by OLASODE2K: 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2011
Since Obj time, the presidency has a 400 employees under its payroll. Wat i dont know is if this figure still correct. However, u know nigeria factor where an N85,000 flat screen tv goes for N450,000. Unfortunately, we are still in the same country where corruption is only waxing stronger despite all the wars been fought against it.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by LogicPower(m): 8:37pm On Oct 10, 2011
Eko Ile:

So funny, but so telling! A good example of a picture that is worth a million words!
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by LogicPower(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2011
Omo_Tier1:

"This is one of the reasons the Civil Service is still innately corrupt because those Directors, DGs know the leadership is only paying leap service to financial prudency in managing the country's wealth."

Absolutely right!
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by naijaking1: 8:51pm On Oct 10, 2011
OLASODE2K:

Since Obj time, the presidency has a 400 employees under its payroll. Wat i dont know is if this figure still correct. However, u know nigeria factor where an N85,000 flat screen tv goes for N450,000. Unfortunately, we are still in the same country where corruption is only waxing stronger despite all the wars been fought against it.

Good point!
A still better approach would be in addition to what Beaf said already, calculate HOW MANY mouths are fed at Aso Rock everyday. How many plates of eba are served, how many plates of pepper soup, etc.
Here in US, there is spat about a $16 muffin for breakfast quoted by the whitehouse. Everybody knows that the best, biggest, and most delicious muffin doesn't cost up to $16. We may have the same, better or worse situation in Nigeria, but someone needs to do a better investigative journalism, not just attract a screaming headline embarassed
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2011
Abacha's government was not wasteful, it was one of the best governments in Nigeria's history.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=693700.msg8820027

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonathan, Kufuor Set For Obasanjo’s Reception. / Arase Donates N1m To Injured Police Corporal In Kano / I Predicted The Coming Of Boko Haram 16 Years Ago – Audu Ogbeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.