Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,244 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? (10785 Views)

Any Igbo That Moves From Oshodi To Buy Any Shop For 1 To 3 Million Is Cursed / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / PDP Spent N2.5bn On Presidential Poll Adverts, APC N728m – Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by tunde300us(m): 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2011
@ naijaking : even if they feed 1000 aides/day @ aso rock is not the issue,the issue here is that a govt that says it dosent have money to execute major project shouldnt be spending 1.6m/day for feeding alone  angry

And incase you do not know,some nigerians dont even have 500/day to feed themself and yet ur transformational govt spends 1.6m/day. KILODE !
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by 2sleek2NV(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2011
hnmmmmm!!!!
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by naijaking1: 9:38pm On Oct 10, 2011
tunde300us:

@ naijaking : even if they feed 1000 aides/day @ aso rock is not the issue,the issue here is that a govt that says it dosent have money to execute major project shouldnt be spending 1.6m/day for feeding alone angry

And incase you do not know,some nigerians dont even have 500/day to feed themself and yet your transformational govt spends 1.6m/day. KILODE !

Still we need more details about what was bought, cooked, served, etc. Maybe somebody instists on an 8-course dinner everynight costing $500, or somebody is inflating the cost of eba from 50 naira a plate to 5million naira a plate, or there is some other explanation out there we need to know about.

No need to lecture me about the avarage living standard about Nigeria, I know it first hand. My point is that we do a better investigation, not just make flashy(and sometimes inaccurate) headlines.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by ceah(m): 9:59pm On Oct 10, 2011
It seem many ppl dont get it here, that money is just for[b] The president's office alone [/b]not vice president and co,  cry cry, The vice President office got its own budget seperately,
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by muyoto: 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2011
OH NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry

I'm tired.

My head aches

I need to sleep. sad sad sad
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by tunde300us(m): 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2011
@naijaking, those figures are from the budget of 2011 and so what is this ish about better investigation that you keep saying sir. What is bad is bad and shouldnt be condoned by anyone angry
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by naijaking1: 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2011
^^^
If it's from the 2011 budget, then some one needs to pull figures for 2010, 2009, 2008------even to 1990. It will simply make for better discussion, not just a catchy headline.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by kcjazz(m): 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2011
The only question here to ask is, are this numbers true?

No one even the President can justify this, Aso Rock is not a town so lets cut that crap. Which kind newspaper are they reading? abi na Moses tablet? smh
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by aljharem3: 11:08pm On Oct 10, 2011
naijaking1:

^^^
If it's from the 2011 budget, then some one needs to pull figures for 2010, 2009, 2008------even to 1990. It will simply make for better discussion, not just a catchy headline.
btw 2010 gej was the president
so because it was done in 2009 to 1990 it means GEJ should not look into it abi, it should continue like it is normal but still thinking of removing fuel subsidy

Why did GEJ not tell us this before he became the president.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by tunde300us(m): 12:05am On Oct 11, 2011
I think some ppl here are just funny.U need the data for 1990-2011 abi.My generation sure has a lot to learn.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by emiye(m): 12:59am On Oct 11, 2011
over 100 million Nigerians live on less than N160  daily.

N1,600,000 for daily feeding by the Presidency embarassed ?
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by emiye(m): 1:12am On Oct 11, 2011
70% of Nigerians living on less than $1 dollar daily.

living (food, shelther, health needs e.t.c )!!!!!!!!!

HA HA HA !!!!!!!!  I feel some of our leaders forgets it is still the same red blood that flows in the vein of those 100 million nigerians living on N160 daily
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by naijaking1: 2:16am On Oct 11, 2011
alj_harem:

btw 2010 gej was the president
so because it was done in 2009 to 1990 it means GEJ should not look into it abi, it should continue like it is normal but still thinking of removing fuel subsidy

Why did GEJ not tell us this before he became the president.

The reason to look at the trend is simple; you'll compare, you'll see if there's a sudden jump in budget from 10million naira a year to say 10billion. If the Aso Rock employs 1000 people and feeds all of them thre times a day, it will become evident.
-------- unless you really don't want to know the truth undecided
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by EkoIle1: 2:18am On Oct 11, 2011
lol @ thousands of people living inside Aso rock and feeding on the Government?

Swamp rat wont kill me with his goofy absurdities? Why do people spin laughable tales on NL? They must have reached some kind of conclusion that NR is full of mumu.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Nobody: 2:46am On Oct 11, 2011
So una wan make i believe say car maintenance is 120 times more than building maintenance, Wonders shall never Rock
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by naijaking1: 2:57am On Oct 11, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ thousands of people living inside Aso rock and feeding on the Government?

Swamp rat wont kill me with his goofy absurdities? Why do people spin laughable tales on NL? They must have reached some kind of conclusion that NR is full of mumu.

The only mumu I see are people without objectivity angry
If you're objective, you'll seriously want to know details.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by EkoIle1: 3:12am On Oct 11, 2011
naijaking1:

The only mumu I see are people without objectivity angry
If you're objective, you'll seriously want to know details.

Being objective dictates that you furnish us with Aso Rock Human resources staff list ascertaining the actual numbers of Aso Rock employees

, and not only that, show us how many of these folks actually live inside Aso Rock because we all know to house thousands of folks inside Aso Rock means constructing a whole city inside Aso Rock with several infrastructures needed to support thousands of people.

I just don't know why Nigerians lie so much, obviously, lying is one of our many sad National character.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Rhino5dm: 5:23am On Oct 11, 2011
Stop chatting rubbish on a public forum. The question am going to ask you is, do you know Aso Rock? Have you ever been to Aso Villa?

I know Aso Rock in and out, right from gate1,gate2 and through to the other gate that will lead you to national assembly.

Yes, Aso Rock houses alot of people, but there is difference between Aso Rock Villa and Aso Rock community, which the first family lives in. You cant go beyond the second with a proper clearance.

Stop this nonsense and tell us why should the president allocate 1.6 million for his feeding, while more that three-quater of nigerians cant eat to bed.

Taking about defending the indefensible, becoming fat and lazy.

naijaking1:

The reason to look at the trend is simple; you'll compare, you'll see if there's a sudden jump in budget from 10million naira a year to say 10billion. If the Aso Rock employs 1000 people and feeds all of them thre times a day, it will become evident.
-------- unless you really don't want to know the truth undecided
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by ceah(m): 9:00am On Oct 11, 2011
Eko-ile and Rhino.5dm, please leave naijaking1 alone. He seem not to know The difference btw President and aso rock, here i am talking about presidential food and The bozo called naijaking1 talking about aso rock, in that budget you still have The vice president's office and here is naijaking1 talking about a Whole community,
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by fyneguy: 10:12am On Oct 11, 2011
grin

Do they feed them with newspapers too?
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Xfactoria: 10:24am On Oct 11, 2011
ceah:

Eko-ile and Rhino.5dm, please leave naijaking1 alone. He seem not to know The difference btw President and aso rock, here i am talking about presidential food and The bozo called naijaking1 talking about aso rock, in that budget you still have The vice president's office and here is naijaking1 talking about a Whole community,

Guy, there is nothing like the Vice President's office. The Vice President is under the Presidency! Get it?

All the Presidential aides - the Chief of Staff, the CSO etc and their staff, aides and families are also under this budget not to talk about the thousands of visitors to the Presidency daily.

This is just $8,000/day we are talking about! Even with the buffers and mark-ups inclusive, it is still within reason.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by fyneguy: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2011
^^^^Do they feed them with newspspers too?
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by blacksta(m): 11:12am On Oct 11, 2011
Nigerians like wasting their time complaining - Please accept your fate. In Libya People have taken hold of their destiny and also in Pakistan - There was a riot due to lack of electricity. Until similar events can happen in Nigerian. I wont even bother writing any long ESSAYS as it is not productive.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by harakiri(m): 11:13am On Oct 11, 2011
There is a saying. . .

"A SOCIETY GETS THE LEADERSHIP IT DESERVES"

These "leaders" are people like us. They didn't land from outer space. For there to be changes in this country, the mindset of the average Nigeria must be rehabilitated. People always complain about inefficient corrupt leaders but they are the same people who would like to collect bribes before supporting any political candidate. Most Nigerians have this "na my time to chop" mentality. With such a mindset, Nigeria can NEVER move forward. That's the truth. It's even worse that the christian and moslem clerics who are believed to be the "pillars of morality" in our religious society support these leaders and only a handful of them have the guts to call them out on their excesses. Looting politicians are worshiped as gods while the hungry thief who stole a tuber of yam is roasted in broad daylight. Until our mindset is rehabilitated, Nigeria will continue to move backward until it's imminent collapse.

Some people might say "Rome wasn't built in a day". Well,it didn't take a milennium either and if we don't know where we are going after 51yrs of being "independent", then it's a tragedy. Militant groups like MEND and Boko Haram are the offspring of a failed nation. Ethnic groups like OPC and MASSOB are signs of impending doom. These "leaders" know that this country is a ticking time bomb and all they are interested in is looting as much as they can while the sun shines. Everything they do clearly shows they don't care about the masses. It's only in Nigeria you'll see a president negotiating with terrorists,granting them amnesty and spending billions to "compensate" them (after they have wasted innocent human lives and destroyed properties). It's only in Nigeria you'll see a governor pleading with armed robbers and kidnappers to allow peace reign in the state. Look at the shameful independence day "celebration" at eagle square. With the billions nigeria makes daily, you would expect the country to have the best state of the art security equipment. Even the president didn't feel safe. Shame on them all! ! ! They are so carried away with looting the treasury that they forgot to protect themselves (at least). If the president doesn't feel safe in his country, what is the fate of the common man?

Nuff said!
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 11, 2011
Oh my God!!!! These figures are making me dizzy!! I need some fresh air outside!!! (No pun intended)
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Nobody: 11:52am On Oct 11, 2011
*rushes out of room to get some fresh air outside*
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by ceah(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2011
Xfactoria or what is your name ? Could you please check The budget and understand what i am saying cry cry cry
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by EkoIle1: 1:26pm On Oct 11, 2011
Presidency to spend N1.57m on food daily
By John Ameh, Abuja
Tuesday, 4 Jan 2011

Emerging details of this year’s budget proposals indicate that the Presidency has proposed to spend N574m on food in 2011. When this total is spread over the 365 days in 2011, the average amount that the Presidency will spend on food per day is a little over N1.57m.:drool::drool:

The N574m is N168.7m more than the N405.3m spent by the same office on ‘food stuff supplies’ in 2010. However, the 2010 figure is exclusive of the sum expended on foods eaten during summits. A separate sub-head for “meals/entertainment” for summits held at the State House last year totalled N73m.

It (N574m) is also part of the N13.9bn that will be used to fund sub-heads and the overhead cost of the State House or Presidential Villa.

The details, which our correspondent obtained on Monday, showed that the rehabilitation of the State House Guest House in the Marina, Lagos, would cost N1.2bn.

Similarly, “residential furniture” items for the Presidency are to be purchased for a whopping N1.1bn this year.

The furnishing of Vice-President’s two guest houses — one in Asokoro and the other called “Aguda House,”— will cost N500m.

The furniture for the guest house in Asokoro will cost N100m, while that of Aguda House will consume N400m.

Incidentally, the lounge of Aguda Guest House was extended in 2010 for N50m. Another guest house was also furnished for the Vice-President’s use in 2010 for N50m.

This year, the “purchase of canteen/kitchen equipment” for the Presidential Villa will also gulp N553.6m.

Further details of the 2011 budget estimates showed that out of the N553.6m, N150m will be used to fund “household equipment and materials for the Vice-President’s office.”

However, in 2010, a provision of N240m was made for the purchase of office, household and kitchen equipment for Asokoro Guest House.

Other details show that the Director of Protocol to the Vice-President, his Aide- De- Camp, and other aides are to be housed in new official quarters to cost N560m in 2011.

Dodan Barracks in Lagos will also benefit from the presidential renovation in 2011, as it has a provision of N400m in the budget.

President Goodluck Jonathan presented a N4.23tn budget to the National Assembly for approval on December 15.

The sum comprises N198.12bn for statutory transfers, N542.32bn for debt service; N2,481.71tn for recurrent (non-debt) expenditure; and N1,005.9tn for capital expenditure.

The government also earmarked the sum of N347.2bn for critical infrastructure development.

This includes capital allocations of N86.25bn for power; N20.74bn for Aviation; N10.27bn for petroleum resources; N136.88bn for works; N48.9bn for transport; N44.18bn for the Federal Capital Territory; N35.01bn for education; N33.35bn for health; N29.46bn for agricultural development; and N24.76bn for water resources.

Source:www.punchontheweb.com

This is pure official and institutionalized looting and stealing. These clowns budgets and over budgets money for the same thing every year, some are just pure waste. It's like they just look around for anything and excuse to spend money on and loot accordingly,

Firing squad is a good option for theses crooks,
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by MMM2(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2011
na small thing
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by naijaking1: 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2011
ceah:

Xfactoria or what is your name ? Could you please check The budget and understand what i am saying cry cry cry

You can't win any arguement by childishly calling people names and abusing their persona. See how Eko-ile posted a section of the news? It becomes even clear that budgeting large sums of money for presidential food has been the practise in Nigeria for a long time. People who ask for me details are not the enemies, but just want more information. No need to expose your ignorance here, please.
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by ceah(m): 10:34pm On Oct 11, 2011
naijaking1:

You can't win any arguement by childishly calling people names and abusing their persona. See how Eko-ile posted a section of the news? It becomes even clear that budgeting large sums of money for presidential food has been the practise in Nigeria for a long time. People who ask for me details are not the enemies, but just want more information. No need to expose your ignorance here, please.
Calling you names, where did i call you or anyone names, did you see The part that says that The same GeJ increased it by 168.7 Million,  If The govt is sensible how can they take away fuel Subsidy then increase presidential food by 168.7million, was it not The same jonathan that was there through out last year, Man u need to help us beg jonathan like alh haram did say in one of his thread, you and Beaf should atleast talk to your boss to do Something Right for once,
Re: N1.6 Million Is Spent Daily On Presidential Food? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 12, 2011
9jerians are celebrated ediotz

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FEC Approves N325M Contract For Second Niger Bridge / Boko Haram Destroyed 1m Houses In Borno – Shettima / I Didn’t Hire Thugs To Stone Aisha Alhassan’s Convoy –taraba Gov

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.