Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,094 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University (502 Views)

I Now Have An Extra Year. So Sad. / I Finally Had An Extra Year / Ministry Of Education Considering Adding An Extra Year To University Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by Ifyok50(m): 11:28am On Jul 29, 2023
This day I just want to cast my mind back to my days in the university of Uyo. I will be sharing some truths about my personal life.

Back in year one, at the end of the session, second-semester precisely, I had my first blow! I failed a course. And guess what? It was a GST course. If I told you that the "F" did not pain me, I would be lying to you. I almost shed tears. But I quickly reminded myself that it was only my first year and that I would be fine. So, I shrugged and left the department.

And in my school, just like many others, a student could fail any of the GST courses and still be writing and rewriting that particular course till final year, and even have extra year join! That's how terrible failing a GST course is. If God does not intervene, your extra year is guaranteed. Actually, that was why I almost cried silently because I had been informed.

In year two, second-semester, I failed another course again. GST again! (The first was GST121 - Fundamentals of Science and Computing. And the second, GST 221 - Entrepreneurship.) So I quickly wondered, "Why second semester again? Is the devil planning something against me?"

In year three, I yet failed another course! Guess what? It was second semester! That was when it dawned on me that the devil was planning to keep himself for another year, not me! Because if I should fail a course in my final year that would automatically translate to "extra year". I knew what the devil was up to. So I flung into action! I started praying and fasting like never before!

I remember I would go to the field every day at 12am during night classes, and pray him out of my way! We were in a battle. And I was not going to cave in. I attacked him morning, afternoon, night! Him hear am too, Coz na him start am!

In 400 level, final year, he wanted to try but no way! So he came again second semester, no way! In fact, he almost got me in second semester - Sports Psychology (PSY426) - but God helped me. I passed with a D. In the said course, I almost missed the exam due to over-sleeping. I had arrived an hour late for the exam. Thank God for the lecturer who invigilated that day, otherwise I wouldn't have been allowed to come in let alone sit for the exam! That's why I said God helped me.

To the glory of God, there were only three courses I failed and I still graduated with a good degree. I studied Psychology.

Now the moral of this post: if you notice a pattern in your life, family, business, academics, etc. that's inconsistent with the will and plan of God for your life, please don't fold your hands and watch. Satan could be cooking up something against you. Instead, swing into action and watch him run way from you! As for you, you shall emerge VICTORIOUS at last.

(However, if you had an extra year in school, don't feel bad. God is still on your matter. Don't give up. You will come out victorious and prosperous too.)

Shalom!

5 Likes

Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by CCIA: 11:32am On Jul 29, 2023
You didn't tell us how you came out with a Third class 😎

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by Ifyok50(m): 11:41am On Jul 29, 2023
I didn't come out with that, sorry.
Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by chocboi78(m): 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
But why u sef go dy fail course
Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by Ifyok50(m): 3:10pm On Jul 29, 2023
Omo, my guy, I no plan am. E just hapun! Nobody dey go uni go park carry overs , you know.
Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by Ifyok50(m): 3:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
CCIA you don forget say na university? You know how many carry-overs some of my colleagues park for year one alone?

Are you playing? Shey you dey whine me ni You dey talk about Thirdie. How?

No reason am. I read like mad from year-one till final, it's just that some shit do hapun.

Just take the lesson from the post and run with it. Look at everything occurring in your life from the spiritual angle or perspective. Only with that will you always emerge victorious against the antics of the enemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by Nemesis0147(m): 3:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
Failing Gst is one of the most deadly mistake you don’t want to make in the uni oh….it can be very stressful eh😂

2 Likes

Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by Ifyok50(m): 4:02pm On Jul 29, 2023
Nemesis, no mind that my guy. Him dey play.
Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by CCIA: 5:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
Ifyok50:
CCIA you don forget say na university? You know how many carry-overs some of my colleagues park for year one alone?

Are you playing? Shey you dey whine me ni You dey talk about Thirdie. How?

No reason am. I read like mad from year-one till final, it's just that some shit do hapun.

Just take the lesson from the post and run with it. Look at everything occurring in your life from the spiritual angle or perspective. Only with that will you always emerge victorious against the antics of the enemy.
No be lie shaa!

True talk
Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by Ifyok50(m): 7:05pm On Jul 29, 2023
CCIA, thank God you reason with me. @CCIA. Please do check my other threads on my profile. I'm sure they will bless you.

What I say to one, I say to all.

Thanks.

Happy reading!
Re: How I Escaped "Extra Year" In The University by sammirano: 8:12am On Jul 30, 2023
grin grin I comment my reserve

(1) (Reply)

Help Pls / To All Unn Jambites. / Associate Business Contact Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.