Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,182 members, 7,811,462 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia (16961 Views)

FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory / Kogi Seals Dangote Cement Factory Over Tax Evasion, Debt (Pictures) / 6 Soldiers, Unknown Gunmen Killed In Ohafia, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Cooly100: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
Abia State deputy governor, Ikechukwu Emetu has said the administration intends to establish a cement factory with capacity for over 36,000 job opportunities in Ohafia.

Emetu stated this, yesterday, when a delegation of Ohafia School of Thought paid him a courtesy visit in his office at Government House, Umuahia, the state capital.

He said when completed, the factory which would harness the huge limestone deposit in the clan, would also attract the establishment of banks, industries, and other service providers.

Emetu reaffirmed the determination of the Alex Otti-led administration in the state to deliver on its campaign promises to the people of the clan and the state in general.

Extolling the school for its efforts to ensure victory for the Labour Party in the clan in the last elections, he added that as a member of the school, he would not let them down.

Earlier in their address, the secretary of the school, the Rev Ikechukwu Ebi lauded the administration for “excellent take-off strides”, and wished it a developmental-oriented tenure.

They said the school was established to champion the development of the clan in Ohafia local government of the state and congratulated the administration for its inauguration.
https://leadership.ng/abia-eyes-36000-job-capacity-cement-factory-in-ohafia/

35 Likes

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Cooly100: 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
If Dr Otti could finish all he is starting...

Abia state will dwarf Ebonyi state in development.

I wish Enugu state will start something and don't go the old ways of the past administration.

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by QGist(m): 12:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
God bless the hardworking Governor Of Abia State.

Send me a message on WhatsApp if you like this 08147368507

82 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by ahaz: 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2023
Cooly100:
Abia State deputy governor, Ikechukwu Emetu has said the administration intends to establish a cement factory with capacity for over 36,000 job opportunities in Ohafia.

Emetu stated this, yesterday, when a delegation of Ohafia School of Thought paid him a courtesy visit in his office at Government House, Umuahia, the state capital.

He said when completed, the factory which would harness the huge limestone deposit in the clan, would also attract the establishment of banks, industries, and other service providers.

Emetu reaffirmed the determination of the Alex Otti-led administration in the state to deliver on its campaign promises to the people of the clan and the state in general.

Extolling the school for its efforts to ensure victory for the Labour Party in the clan in the last elections, he added that as a member of the school, he would not let them down.

Earlier in their address, the secretary of the school, the Rev Ikechukwu Ebi lauded the administration for “excellent take-off strides”, and wished it a developmental-oriented tenure.

They said the school was established to champion the development of the clan in Ohafia local government of the state and congratulated the administration for its inauguration.

https://leadership.ng/abia-eyes-36000-job-capacity-cement-factory-in-ohafia/

Very good initiative, this is what I expected Umahi to do, to explore the abundant limestone deposit in Nkalagu for s state owned cement company along side private investors rather than wasting money bulding airport when Enugu intl airport is just few miles away.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Dpen11(f): 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2023
Otti is doing well

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by FreeStuffsNG: 12:13pm On Jul 29, 2023
Cooly100:

I wish Enugu state will start something and don't go the old ways of the past administration.
Any state Government building cement factory in this age just dey play wink

Cooly100:

Don't be pessimistic...

They could do it on PPP basis.

The whole SE has no cement factory.
smh. You just don't get it.

It's ignorant of you (just like most of you with persecution complex who think being an Igbo gives you immunity and license to misbehave and anyone who calls your attention to your missteps hates you Igbo) to claim there's no cement factory in SE. Anyway,here's Nkalagu https://nigercem.com/ sir and Ebonyi is in SE. Most of you are just plain ignorant and it's sad.

Even if my Governor starts building cement factory today, I will say he is joking and unserious. It is only from the mentality of persecution complex that will make anyone
suggest it is hatred for his Igbo tribe. Smh

Go and read the financial statements of the publicly-quoted big players in that sector first. Check my signature for free stuffs!

broadman20:

That's the problem with negative people like you, I still remember the bad argument I had with someone like you here years ago when he told me that Innoson motors will never survive in 10 years time from the time of our argument

I wonder what he will be doing now because Innoson has proven all of them wrong and funny thing is that the company is located at the heart of the east.

Most of you from civil servants background lack some understanding in what goes on in business world, you can never write a business off, until you play in that business.

Take this to the bank.
I am happy with your honesty to admit that you just confused private effort with public investment. To enlighten you further, Innoson is private while Abia state govt is public investment.

That same state has a coupe of whole assets ls it invested/inherited in very profitable sectors that are lying moribund or low capacity. If Abia can not even run that ,is it now highly capital and technological intensive sector like cement it wants to do ? Like every serious minded person, when you want to start a business, you look at your competitors. Have you looked at the competitors and how they are using prices to compete?

Like I stated, you are all ignorant , rude and unteachable ostensibly due to your pride and poor education. Right now, it is better Mr Otti uses his family money to start cement factory so he can learn than to experiment with Abia's money. If my Governor does same thing, I will tell him same.

Please save us of your rudeness and persecution complex and go and read. Just Nigercem will muscle you out let alone Lafarge and Dangcem. Tell him to go revive those industries started by his predecessors or inherited from old Imo state for which Abia already has the edge!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Cooly100: 12:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Any state Government building cement factory today just dey play wink

Don't be pessimistic...

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Cooly100: 12:18pm On Jul 29, 2023
ahaz:

Very good initiative, this is what I expected Umahi to do, to explore the abundant limestone deposit in Nkalagu for s state owned cement company along side private investors rather than wasting money bulding airport when Enugu intl airport is just few miles away.

You are right...

Even if the factory will be on phases to increase capacity.

Building that airport was a wrong priority.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by FreeStuffsNG: 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
Cooly100:

Don't be pessimistic...

smh. You just don't get it.

It's ignorant of you (just like most of you with persecution complex who think being an Igbo gives you immunity and license to misbehave and anyone who calls your attention to your missteps hates you Igbo) to claim there's no cement factory in SE. Anyway,here's Nkalagu https://nigercem.com/ sir and Ebonyi is in SE. Most of you are just plain ignorant and it's sad.

Even if my Governor starts building cement factory today, I will say he is joking and unserious. It is only from the mentality of persecution complex that will make anyone
suggest it is hatred for his Igbo tribe. Smh

Go and read the financial statements of the publicly-quoted big players in that sector first. Check my signature for free stuffs!

6 Likes

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Stillkrug: 12:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
Cooly100:

Don't be pessimistic...

You dey mind that clown 🤡 anything he hear good news about ndi igbo he heart is always bitter

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by QGist(m): 12:27pm On Jul 29, 2023
Read Below why Dr Otti is inline with Great Economist and what they have to say about the Cement Factory.

Title: Abia State Plans to Boost Economy with Cement Factory, Creating Thousands of Job Opportunities

In a move aimed at bolstering economic growth and fostering job creation, the administration of Abia State, under the leadership of Governor Alex Otti, has unveiled plans to establish a colossal cement factory in Ohafia. This visionary project, which aligns with the principles of economic development, is set to provide over 36,000 employment opportunities, significantly stimulating the local economy.

"The establishment of a cement factory in Ohafia holds tremendous potential to unleash the dormant economic prospects of the region," remarked renowned economist Dr. John Maynard Keynes. By harnessing the abundant limestone deposits in the area, this initiative showcases the state's commitment to infrastructural development and industrialization.

Deputy Governor Ikechukwu Emetu, during a courtesy visit by a delegation from the esteemed Ohafia School of Thought at the Government House in Umuahia, emphasized that the cement factory's impact would extend beyond job creation. "Such strategic industrial projects can act as a catalyst for economic growth, attracting much-needed investments and stimulating ancillary businesses," noted economist Dr. Joseph Stiglitz.

Experts predict that the establishment of the factory would lead to a multiplier effect on the local economy, with the influx of financial institutions, industries, and service providers. "Infrastructure investment, such as the construction of a cement factory, can trigger a virtuous cycle of economic expansion," remarked economist Dr. Adam Smith, echoing the potential benefits of such a venture.

Governor Alex Otti's administration has been hailed for its proactive approach to economic development. "Effective governance requires a focus on long-term economic prosperity and a commitment to fulfilling promises made to the electorate," remarked economist Dr. Amartya Sen. The Governor's determination to deliver on campaign pledges reflects the administration's dedication to inclusive growth.

The Ohafia School of Thought, which played a pivotal role in securing victory for the Labour Party in the clan during the last elections, commended the administration's "excellent take-off strides." "Economic progress demands collaboration between the government and private sectors, and this initiative exemplifies that spirit," remarked economist Dr. Milton Friedman.

The Ohafia School of Thought, established to champion the economic development of Ohafia local government, believes that the inauguration of this project marks a significant milestone towards achieving prosperity for the region. "Economic development is not a single event; it is a journey that requires sustained efforts and prudent policies," remarked economist Dr. Esther Duflo, emphasizing the need for continued dedication to growth.

The Abia State administration's ambitious venture to establish a cement factory holds the promise of transforming the economic landscape of the region. With the support of economic experts and the collective efforts of stakeholders, this initiative has the potential to ignite a new era of prosperity and growth for Abia State.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by kettykings: 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2023
ahaz:

They could have first revived the nkalagu cement factory and used the cement to build the airport, I like the way Abia is going ahead with a cement factory first before any airport or sea port

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by IduNaOba: 12:33pm On Jul 29, 2023
Once built easterners will happily buy.
And that means economy improvement.
It costs more to get dangote cement.
Na we too dey build build all the time.
From abịa to other parts of SE is close so, we will save money by a wide margin.
Otti abeg run this thing sharp sharp.

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by paramakina202: 12:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
kettykings:

They could have first revived the nkalagu cement factory and used the cement to build the airport, I like the way Abia is going ahead with a cement factory first before any airport or sea port

Alex Otti said building of airport is not in his agenda.We go dey use Imo,PH airport for now.We got more important things to do first.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by AwokenVawulence: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
Uu
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by ahaz: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
kettykings:

Nkalagu( NIGERCEM) Is swashed with controversy between the state govt,Ibeato and FG..I know it's all orchestrated by you know them na,to frustrate Ibeato.
Avia bulding an airport is just a waste of resources when Owerri airport is just few miles away.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by FreedomArmy: 2:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
IduNaOba:
Once built easterners will happily buy.
And that means economy improvement.
It costs more to get dangote cement.
Na we too dey build build all the time.
From abịa to other parts of SE is close so, we will save money by a wide margin.
Otti abeg run this thing sharp sharp.
if you know how much will be required to build that cement factory,you will realize it will take donkey years to start it and get it completed

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by christejames(m): 2:18pm On Jul 29, 2023
Abia state is on steroids shocked shocked shocked

Unfortunately, Enugu state seems to be in coma cry cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Bobloco: 3:47pm On Jul 29, 2023
Cooly100:

Are you leaving Imo State behind
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by thedio(m): 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2023

Who is in charge of this project and put this nonsense on papper for them.
Capacity of a cement factory is not measure with number of jobs but tonnes.
Anyway he should complete it on time and allow private body to run it otherwise it will fold up within 12months

3 Likes

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Ezmans: 3:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
Cooly100:

oga no state in south east is competing with each other

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:49pm On Jul 29, 2023
Alex Otti the people's man

8 Likes

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Icon766: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Ola9ja23: 3:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
QGist:
God bless the hardworking Governor Of Abia State.

None of you call for estimated cost or the date for completion

Nobody mention a white elephant project here bcs it's in SE and everyone is happy about the news even though it's just an ordinary statement of intention 😄

We are still happy that your governor is having a good dream 😄😂😀

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Kingpele(m): 3:51pm On Jul 29, 2023
Good development...atleast it will be cheaper since is within South East Region...the way Dr otti is going he might be the best governor in the south east in this balabu regime

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by IduNaOba: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreedomArmy:
if you know how much will be required to build that cement factory,you will realize it will take donkey years to start it and get it completed
If dangote fit run am, Otti fit run am.
Even if it's the only thing he does, we love him like that.
36k jobs is not a joke.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by stevnwigw1: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreedomArmy:
but dangote built one, dey play

8 Likes

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by pquaver(m): 4:00pm On Jul 29, 2023
Emetu correct Gee for umuchima (Futo) that year.. Close relationship we all had.. Iwish u well in your political sojourn... Let ndi Abia feel you...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:01pm On Jul 29, 2023
I thought all Igbos are billionaires, so why do they want to work in a cement factory?

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Error401: 4:04pm On Jul 29, 2023
Can you please explain what they meant by clans and school. The body is so confusing as I dont understand it at all!
|
Dpen11:
Otti is doing well
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by 00FFT00(m): 4:05pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Any state Government building cement factory in this age just dey play wink

Including those building non-economically viable sea ports "upandan", hoping to sabotage federal seaports in its domain to comatose down the line like they did the refineries.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Presides Over Federal Executive Council Meeting / Shi'ite Members Write 'Tyrant Buhari' During El-Zakzaky Protest In Abuja (Photos / 2023 Election: Analysis On Major People Set To Work For Tinubu In Key States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.