Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia (17011 Views)

FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory / Kogi Seals Dangote Cement Factory Over Tax Evasion, Debt (Pictures) / 6 Soldiers, Unknown Gunmen Killed In Ohafia, Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by livebullet(m): 5:48pm On Jul 29, 2023
All eyes on Otti.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by JOemmy(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreedomArmy:
if you know how much will be required to build that cement factory,you will realize it will take donkey years to start it and get it completed

Gov. Alex Otti is an economist with vast knowledge and contacts in the financial sector he can easily attract investors that will be working with his govt to finance the project.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by mycar: 5:56pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Any state Government building cement factory in this age just dey play wink

smh. You just don't get it.

It's ignorant of you (just like most of you with persecution complex who think being an Igbo gives you immunity and license to misbehave and anyone who calls your attention to your missteps hates you Igbo) to claim there's no cement factory in SE. Anyway,here's Nkalagu https://nigercem.com/ sir and Ebonyi is in SE. Most of you are just plain ignorant and it's sad.

Even if my Governor starts building cement factory today, I will say he is joking and unserious. It is only from the mentality of persecution complex that will make anyone
suggest it is hatred for his Igbo tribe. Smh

Go and read the financial statements of the publicly-quoted big players in that sector first. Check my signature for free stuffs!
This is nuisance taking too far, Igbos don't build Mud houses , they use cement and cement is on high demand in the East so keep your free nuisance to yourself.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by chatinent: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2023
I don't like sweet talks right from time. I comment on what I see.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by LordBillionz: 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2023
ahaz:

Very good initiative, this is what I expected Umahi to do, to explore the abundant limestone deposit in Nkalagu for s state owned cement company along side private investors rather than wasting money bulding airport when Enugu intl airport is just few miles away.
You dey mind the yeye Umahi

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by LordBillionz: 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
Cooly100:

You are right...

Even if the factory will be on phases to increase capacity.

Building that airport was a wrong priority.
and some useless flyovers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Onuoha1234(m): 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2023
Stop these political noise noise making. Build it and we will see it, You politi'ians refuse to change habit,

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Harrynight(m): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2023
Very very necessary,
Let's give dangote a rival and a run for his money
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by blackgold2018(m): 6:34pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreedomArmy:
if you know how much will be required to build that cement factory,you will realize it will take donkey years to start it and get it completed
lol.. you know exactly..

I love this comment. I served in dangote cement plant in kogi. This is how I affirm your claim. But oga how did you know it’s a huge costly project?

Just a single production line can cost almost a billion dollars🤣. This is what dangote has like 5lines in kogi.

I just hope they are serious to build this.. a good development.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by blackgold2018(m): 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2023
IduNaOba:

If dangote fit run am, Otti fit run am.
Even if it's the only thing he does, we love him like that.
36k jobs is not a joke.
hmmm oga.. it’s very expensive to build. Very expensive.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by NLegendforte: 6:38pm On Jul 29, 2023
Wonderful southeast states are blessed
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by blackgold2018(m): 6:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
stevnwigw1:
but dangote built one, dey play
he has a point. I’m from Abia state myself via origin.

Being served in dangote cement plant as a Corper. That project is no child’s play. It takes almost a billion dollars to erect just one production line o.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by blackgold2018(m): 6:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
pocom35:
Lol .even Dangote cement plant in kogi doesn't employ up to 5k
No bro.. they are more than that.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by 007kjb: 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2023
paramakina202:

Alex Otti said building of airport is not in his agenda.We go dey use Imo,PH airport for now.We got more important things to do first.

That's visionary from IMO airport to Abia state is less than 40minutes

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by obi58: 7:56pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

It's ignorant of you (just like most of you with persecution complex who think being an Igbo gives you immunity and license to misbehave and anyone who calls your attention to your missteps hates you Igbo) to claim there's no cement factory in SE. Anyway,here's Nkalagu https://nigercem.com/ sir and Ebonyi is in SE. Most of you are just plain ignorant and it's sad.

Even if my Governor starts building cement factory today, I will say he is joking and unserious. It is only from the mentality of persecution complex that will make anyone

Go and read the financial statements of the publicly-quoted big players in that sector first. Check my signature for free stuffs!

As usual you have said absolutely nothing....

Yes the project is ambitious but if Lagos can establish a rice mill (in fact on of the largest in Africa) for Lake rice or Akwa Ibom in their airline, is there any reason why governments cannot explore investment opportunities in production?

Is cement production not viable?

Please make clear points let's have this discussion.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by obi58: 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2023
Ola9ja23:

None of you call for estimated cost or the date for completion

Nobody mention a white elephant project here bcs it's in SE and everyone is happy about the news even though it's just an ordinary statement of intention 😄

We are still happy that your governor is having a good dream 😄😂😀

It is true that how this ambitious project will be financed has conveniently been omitted from this press release.

However it is possible for Otti to organise funding for the project either through borrowing or PPP. Time will tell though but it is a good project and yes it can be done if the government is serious about it instead of establishing KAI and lastma to employ touts to enslave the masses as is the practice in Lagos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by FreeStuffsNG: 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2023
obi58:

Is cement production not viable?

Please make clear points let's have this discussion.

Please read the financial statements of publicly-quoted cement companies. These documents are in public domain. If you can't read it then it's not necessary to have this debate. Btw, I never endorsed govt going into business as both competitor and regulator. I will love to read the financial reports of Akwa Ibom airline and Lake rice first before I share my thoughts on both specifically.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Theophinio(m): 8:28pm On Jul 29, 2023
The joy of the people

Ride on Hardworking Governor
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by broadman20: 8:30pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

That's the problem with negative people like you, I still remember the bad argument I had with someone like you here years ago when he told me that Innoson motors will never survive in 10 years time from the time of our argument

I wonder what he will be doing now because Innoson has proven all of them wrong and funny thing is that the company is located at the heart of the east.

Most of you from civil servants background lack some understanding in what goes on in business world, you can never write a business off, until you play in that business.

Take this to the bank.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by pocom35: 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2023
blackgold2018:
No bro.. they are more than that.

I am referring to Obajana cement plant and nope .they are not up to that figure in that plant
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by pocom35: 8:43pm On Jul 29, 2023
blackgold2018:
lol.. you know exactly..

I love this comment. I served in dangote cement plant in kogi. This is how I affirm your claim. But oga how did you know it’s a huge costly project?

Just a single production line can cost almost a billion dollars🤣. This is what dangote has like 5lines in kogi.

I just hope they are serious to build this.. a good development.

They are not..all na wash...
And please a single production line isn't up to 5 billion dollars...haha..
You know weytin be 5 billion... BUA 2 production lines in okpella doesn't cost up to that in total

2 Likes

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2023
EdiskyHarry:
While in my state, the only thing we celebrate here is road construction, stadium, worship centers and other useless things
We really lack visionary leaders in my state.
Akwa Ibom....?
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by paramakina202: 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2023
007kjb:

That's visionary from IMO airport to Abia state is less than 40minutes
Sure we were in same state before.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by pocom35: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2023
stevnwigw1:
but dangote built one, dey play
Dangote and Abia state government no be mates

Dangote makes 10 times Abia state IGR+FAAC yearly
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Cooly100: 9:46pm On Jul 29, 2023
pocom35:

..and you will think Dangote uses only his money..?

Most businesses are exposed to bank loans.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by ginggerxy: 11:05pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

I am happy with your honesty to admit that you just confused private effort with public investment. To enlighten you further, Innoson is private while Abia state govt is public investment.

That same state has a coupe of whole assets ls it invested/inherited in very profitable sectors that are lying moribund or low capacity. If Abia can not even run that ,is it now highly capital and technological intensive sector like cement it wants to do ? Like every serious minded person, when you want to start a business, you look at your competitors. Have you looked at the competitors and how they are using prices to compete?

Like I stated, you are all ignorant , rude and unteachable ostensibly due to your pride and poor education. Right now, it is better Mr Otti uses his family money to start cement factory so he can learn than to experiment with Abia's money. If my Governor does same thing, I will tell him same.

Please save us of your rudeness and persecution complex and go and read. Just Nigercem will muscle you out let alone Lafarge and Dangcem. Tell him to go revive those industries started by his predecessors or inherited from old Imo state for which Abia already has the edge!
I don't think nigercem is still in operation, lafarge is in crossriver . You can argue about the ability of state to manage the cement production and make profit from it and not actually about the viability of the business . Lafarge is in crossriver and it has nothing on dangote even in the SE . The company will survive but the issue is continuity and transparency from subsequent government. Polictics too can affect it if it's managed government.

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Tomek09(m): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2023
Stillkrug:

You dey mind that clown 🤡 anything he hear good news about ndi igbo he heart is always bitter
Very bitter clown claiming Freestuffs rubbish.
Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Tomek09(m): 11:09pm On Jul 29, 2023
DodadaKoKigbe:
I thought all Igbos are billionaires, so why do they want to work in a cement factory?
I thought Yorubas are the most sophisticated, why are they selling agbo and tailoring work in SouthEast??

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Tomek09(m): 11:11pm On Jul 29, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

You hate any development coming to Igboland. Same you and ur ilks would say there's no meaning development in SouthEast that's why Igbos are running out of it in droves. Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Abia Eyes 36,000-Job Capacity Cement Factory In Ohafia by Tomek09(m): 11:13pm On Jul 29, 2023
pocom35:

Lol. Dangote enjoys monopoly that's why you think he's doing great. Allow others to compete rigorously with him and see him fall yakata. Where is Dangote indomie and spaghetti today. Forget talk jare. Man hates competition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Orders Kogi Government To Pay Civil Servant’s Salary / Edo 2020: Edith Isokpan Emerges AAC Governorship Candidate / Bank, Insurance, Electricity Workers Vow To Join NLC 2-day Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.