Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:53 AM

Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts (5522 Views)

Poll: Golden Eaglets' Coach Is Better Than Berti Vogts?

Yes, he's a great coach.: 64% (34 votes)
No, he was just lucky.: 35% (19 votes)
This poll has ended

May Late Coach Yemi Tella Soul Rest In Perfect Peace / Coach Yemi Tella Is Dead!!! / Keep Yemi Tella With The Under 17 Team (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by kenway(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2007
This is simply my opinion.
I stand corrected however if i see a more convincing argument.
Thank you all in anticipation of your replies.
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by ayusman16(m): 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2007
pls dont start dis comparison plssssssssssss
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by kenway(m): 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2007
If you give me a good reason i'll tell seun to take it off.
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by ritchboi: 3:58pm On Sep 09, 2007
na yam!
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by ayusman16(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2007
what i mean, Vogt cannot be compared with Tella, who is tella in terms of achievements compared to vogt? Let Tella prove himself that this victory is no fluke by bringin up another U17 winning squad,
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by toba1909(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2007
Why do you have to reason this way?Berti Vogtz coaching career superceed Yemi Tella's,Winning this U17 of a thing doesn,t even bring him closer to Vogtz in career.Moreover the team work is being coordinated by Ben Iroha not him cos he's not feeling alright before they left Nigeria.
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by ayusman16(m): 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2007
Even at dat, he still cannot be compared, Tella has been with the team since the pepsi academy
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by doyin13(m): 5:16pm On Sep 09, 2007
Me I just feel there should be a principle established

NO bloody foreign coaches

Let us prosper or fall with local coaches
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by ayusman16(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2007
dont be deceived, no local coach can excel with our Super Eagles at International level, sad
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by doyin13(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2007
@ayusman

well we will not find out if we dont give them a chance do we

and I dont see the overwhelming success that these foreign coaches have given us
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by Iman3(m): 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2007
doyin13:

@ayusman

well we will not find out if we don't give them a chance do we

Maybe dem never born you when the likes of Festus Onigbinde,Christian Chukwu,Shuaibu Amodu.e.tc coached the Super Eagles grin grin Ask people how "fantastic" we were.
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by doyin13(m): 6:45pm On Sep 09, 2007
You dey talk of age

how many chances dem give foreign coaches before we finally reach world cup

and when we reach there it jus happened to coincide with the most talented squads we had

NOw they give local coaches a chance with much diminished talent and una dey shout
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by A40(m): 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2007
Una no go kill person with laugh
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by ayusman16(m): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2007
I would laff at ur ignorance if u tell me Tella is better than Berti Vogts, put patrotism aside, in todays match which side was more technical? Our attack lacked cordination with the midfield, If not for god of soccer decided to be a Nigerian; the spaniard would have carried the day, they were obviously more technical in their approach to the game,
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by tkb417(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2007
u guys should stop. yemi tella and Vogts!!! na wa o. Tella will die of hyper tension if they ask him to coach super eagles. He was even brought from the hospital while coaching these small bois.
whoever started this should remove the thread before you kill the man with this comparison
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by ayusman16(m): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2007
Abi ooo. dem no even fit hug am for fear, d guy really look sick on the bench, KUdos to Iroha for doing a good job
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by lawyer(m): 12:04am On Sep 10, 2007
@ayusman

ayusman16:

I would laff at your ignorance if u tell me Tella is better than Berti Vogts, put patrotism aside, in todays match which side was more technical? Our attack lacked cordination with the midfield, If not for god of soccer decided to be a Nigerian; the spaniard would have carried the day, they were obviously more technical in their approach to the game,

I think your a lil bit harsh in your judgement here. You talked about technicality. There is a big difference between technicality and winning mentality. Am an Arsenal fan to the blood and i can tell you that while i appreciate arsenal's technical ability, it doesn't always result in a winning mentality. The spaniards are like the south americans, beautiful ball jugglers and finesse in technicality but how many tournaments has spain won from the junior to senior level?

Agreed the boys did not have a future Mikel or Okocha in the midfield, but they chose a pattern that helped them win the cup, that is a powerful mental and physical discipline to conquer their opponets. While the spaniards dominated the midfield, our defence over shadowed their strikers. The presence of Udoh today at the back is what a club or country like arsenal or spain lacks. Your winning ability starts from the confidence your defence reposes on the team. Tella disciplined this boys and in return they disciplined themselves. The bottom line is who won not who dribbled the most.

As it regards Tella and vogts, all i would say is, that tella is not a coach but a lecturer who came to prove a point but if he continues this way with his disciplined background then in 10 years time, this would be a no contest. Vogts has only succeeded in germany as a coach of their national team and since 1996, he has been a collosal failure for every team he had managed. Do you think if any of the 4 big premiership managers where coaching the super eagles, there wont be discipline in the team? Vogts is a business man and he's interested in his salary. The only white coach that understands African football is claude le roy and his results are open to the world to see. so to me there is no comparison between the 2
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by McOmo(m): 12:33am On Sep 10, 2007
@D-law . . .God bless u !! na 4reign  mentality dey kill d average naija man ! Who is Berti Vogts and what has he really achieved where ? a Local coach/lecturer of coaches- baba Tella instills d kind discipline Vogts is praying hard to in his boys winning a World cup in d process and some numbskulls yap balderdash here ? do u guys know what it takes to be a winner ? Techinic ability , natural ability, luck , divine intervention and very importantly A WINNING AURA !!!
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by tkb417(m): 9:32am On Sep 10, 2007
lies. send him to coach the Eagles then. Amodu,Chukwu etc. we have seen the nations cup they have won. grin grin
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by doyin13(m): 10:04am On Sep 10, 2007
Well how many those foreign coaches don win?

International football should be centred around a principle

-UTILIZE BLOODY NIGERIANS angry
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by tkb417(m): 10:11am On Sep 10, 2007
@Doyin 13
I agree with you.if that is stipulated, ill be happy at least as our game improves, the coaching aspect of it will grow. But, in the meantime, we have to use the best. Our locals need to develop their capacity to coach beyond the shores of Nigeria.
Chukwu went to lowly Kenya but was sent home, Keshi was humiliated by the gooner in the Togolese team 'cos he would prefer a foreign coach.
Then how will they coach Nigeria if they cant even succeed in those countries. Remember what happened after the last U-20 world cup, everybody believed the ineptitude of the coach cost us the trophey.
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by lawyer(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2007
You guys aren't still getting the whole gist of the matter. Whether Tella or Vogts, black or white, home based or foreign coach, the main thing is who can actually instill discipline in a team and suceed? The most successful white coach in Nigeria is westahof, because for 5 years, he had the national team under firm lock and key. He handled them so well that established players had to shelve their ego once they had a call up from him. Ask ikpeba, tijani babangida and kanu why they didnt go to the usa94 world cup. He no send them and meanwhile, they were the hottest properties in europe then.

Contrary to what people might say, Onigbide is another successful coach, because it's it disciplinary reforms of japan/korea 2002 that we are gaining today. The utakas and osazes in the national team is because of the discipline instilled that fumigated the likes of oliseh and his ilk from the national team.

Siasia also succeeded because of that same mental and physical discipline, now tella is the latest one. Now the issue is not whether he is white or black, but who can actually not kiss the ass of these players. We all know nigerian players are filled with ego and efizzi and once a coach can clip that ego in them, we would succeed.

Discipline first=technicality= success grin
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by tkb417(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2007
Kanu wouldnt have made the team on merit. No space for him then.
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by Seun(m): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2007
Who is Yemi Teller? A Nigerian soccer coach or what?
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by lawyer(m): 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2007
Kanu wouldnt have made the team on merit. No space for him then

@tkb417

But friday ekpo, emeka ezeugo and nduka ugbade made the team on merit, compared to a player who just won the champions league with ajax that year and was an intergral part of the success of the ajax team?

Didn't Nigerians complain bitterly when Nduka Ugbade and Friday Ekpo, where introduced after Amuneke and Amokachi were stretchered off in the game against italy?, Talk about merit indeed! And wasn't it the last time those 2 played for Nigeria again?

@ seun

Who is Yemi Teller? A Nigerian soccer coach or what?

Tella is the Nigerian coach of the under 17 golden eaglets. The man that was *boning* through out the tournament sitting down that the commentator said his face looks like thunder grin
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by tkb417(m): 9:43am On Sep 11, 2007
@ lawyer
I presume you don't know what you are talking about or you just want to talk or spew rubbish.
LET ME LECTURE YOU SOCCER
-USA 94 was held in the summer 1994
-Kanu came into limelight in Japan 1993(thats one year before the world cup. he wasnt even known).
-Kanu began his career, aged fifteen, at First Division club Federation Works before moving to Iwuanyanwu Nationale
in 1992.
-After a notable performance at the U-17 World Championships he was signed by Ajax Amsterdam in 1993 for €207,047.
-He made his Ajax debut in 1994 and went on to play 54 times for the Dutch side, scoring 25 goals;
-Kanu came on as a sub in Ajax's 1995 Champions League final win over AC Milan. ( note the year the UCL was played. Milan won that year after mauling Barcelona)

How could he have played for Nigeria on merit in 1994? please, stop saying what you dont know. Kanu playing for Nigeria in 1994 when Okocha could not even get a first team shirt grin grin
Hope you now know
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by tkb417(m): 9:46am On Sep 11, 2007
PS
My bad. Milan won the previous year againt Barca. Kanu wasnt an integral part as you stated.
Thats just the point i tried to make.
Chao
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by tommyex(m): 10:20am On Sep 11, 2007
VOGTS is simply a white man,ecxcept u wana say all WHITE MEN R GOOD coaches.
I see him as d worst coach in Nigeria 4 some decades now,lets wait 4 Nations cup sha,e no far.Just watch out 4 his substitutions.
But wait o is d TOPIC KANU's club movement or wat?lol
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by tkb417(m): 10:27am On Sep 11, 2007
No it isnt about Kanu. pointed out something and it got elaborated. Sorry, thats my last piece outside the topic
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by ebos(m): 10:48am On Sep 11, 2007
Because we carry papa dem go win the cup, na him make u dey compare the coaches - wey the least person for our Golden Eaglet is 22 years. Dem play with small boys. Watch out, before 10 years now, our boys go tire, but the oyibo dem go still dey wax stronger for pitch. E go take more 10 years before most oyibo players go reach the age(s) of most of our Eaglet wey play dem.
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by mutiu78(m): 11:11am On Sep 11, 2007
Don't compare Vogts with Tella at this stage, Vogts has not been to any major competition with the Super Eagles. Lets wiat for the Ghana 2008.
Re: Yemi Tella Is Far Better Than Berti Vogts by pheesayor(m): 11:47am On Sep 11, 2007
One revelation for you all,
Ever wondered why the junior teams perform so well and the supper eagles flop? FOOTBALL AGE
When the likes of Uncle Alfa and Uncle Akinsola play against peopl much younger than them, they shine and when they get to the senior level, they would have been overaged and wont be able to perform optimally cos of their age,

This was a comment from someone, I stand to be corrected

As for Yemi and Vogts, u cant compare them now cos Vogts hasn't been with the team for long. The ones you can compare are Tella and Siasia

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Whatsapp Betting Group: Sure Daily Bet Tips And Football Predictions / NFF Set To Hire Foreign Goalkeeper Trainer / Secrets Revealed: How To Make Money From Sport Betting WITHOUT Betting!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.