Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,003 members, 7,852,419 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:51 PM

Nairaland True Reflection Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland True Reflection Of Nigeria? (775 Views)

GMB Vs GEJ Battles On Social Media - A True Reflection Of Our Fabric. / Photos Of Funny Looks In Today Reflection Of Apc Decides / Enugu Onitsha Expressway: A Reflection Of A People’s Nightmare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland True Reflection Of Nigeria? by stiyke(m): 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2011
I want to know if am the only one observing that Niaraland even though trying to project the image as a new generation of Nigerian minds devoid of the ills of the Nigerian society, it has only deepened the engraving of the ills of the nigerian society. Correct me if am wrong

1. an average Nairalander is an ethnic bigot. (A reflection of one of the bane of this Country Nigeria)
2. an average Nairalander does not believe in Nigeria or its government (Same feeling in the streets of Nigeria)
3. Nairaland website as a model Nigerian society has refused to evolve it has remained the same even when other similar forum websites have addopted new and better looking interfaces and features eg. facebook, twitter etc, Nairaland is still same old same old for over 9yrs. (Just like its Papa Nigeria limited or no infrastructure development since the '70s) - I bet if the website is as old as nigeria, it will not have changed an atom nor modernised at all.
4. Nairaland and its visitors wax strong and are unruly and uncontrolable because there is no form of accountability, it strives to be truely anonymous thereby allowing users to engage in character assasination and verbal assault/terrorism. (Just like its papa Nigeria, its criminals are anonymous even the politicians are anonymous and there is no effort to bring in accountability).
5. An average Nairalander is a coward, all talk no action (Same as an average Nigerian)

Which will change for the better first, Nairaland (proposed new generation) or Nigeria (the current generation)??
if the above comparison is right, could you add lists you think up??

NB - I hope to get no insults but knowing Nairaland = Nigeria in entirety, i have braced for it

(1) (Reply)

Ia Abia Gov Crazy Or What? / Gej's First Facebook Post After Boko Haram Bombings / Muslims Relocate From Sapele Over Bombing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.