Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? (20227 Views)

Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law / Sexual Temptations And The Movie Industry / The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Akwamkpuruamu: 12:39pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sexual list
Cheating.
Na these two go take me go hell fire but I de pray for God's help
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Nicoddemus(m): 12:45pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sheunma:
I'd rather lose my life than be counted worthy of an imaginary afterlife.
The idea that I could spend an eternity kowtowing to a god scares the crap out of me
I'd prefer to burn with the devil in hell where eternal worship isn't required

I must confess though, Islam's version of heaven seems ridiculously tantalizing. An eternity of orgy, with eternal erections and beautiful round women with pointed breast whose virginity are renewed as soon as it is taken. grin What an eternity! shocked

grin
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by treatise: 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2023
ifyemex:
Envy
Bribe
Sexual lost
Pride
Cheating
Jealousy
Murder
Drunkingness

*Which of these temptations is hard for you to resist?
*How are you able to overcome them?

I have been able to stop drinking and pride by disassociating myself from useless friends.
Matthew 5:30 says
If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.

Jesus uses two graphic metaphors—it is better for disciples to pluck out their eyes and cut off their hands—as a way to memorably express an important truth. It is better to deny yourself in this life for His sake than to miss living life in His kingdom and enjoying its incredible benefits.
OP, you didn't list MONEY. I await a new list
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Onogiede(m): 1:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
My people of God,..am here to confess, please pray for my helpless soul🙏😢 because in all that has just listed am free of all except one, " sexual lust " I do anything in skirt,... gradually out of it now by God grace. All that I ever committed is sexual activities.

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by MadamExcellency: 1:06pm On Jul 30, 2023
ifyemex:
Envy
Bribe
Sexual lost
Pride
Cheating
Jealousy
Murder
Drunkingness

I have been able to stop drinking and pride by disassociating myself from useless friends.
If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.

Jesus uses two graphic metaphors—it is better for disciples to pluck out their eyes and cut off their hands—as a way to memorably express an important truth. It is better to deny yourself in this life for His sake than to miss living life in His kingdom and enjoying its incredible benefits.

There is no temptation listed there.
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Vatod(m): 1:12pm On Jul 30, 2023
I can’t just stop drinking… can’t go more than 5hours without something ol
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Emy99(m): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
Been struggling with lust for the last past 5 five years. I'm hoping of God.Two Bible verses are keeping me
First, Matthew 5:6 'Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.'
Secondly, proverbs 24:16a 'for though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again'

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Mountbatten: 1:35pm On Jul 30, 2023
“Sexual lost?”

😭😭😭

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Abifarin16: 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
A god that wants us not to do things would make the odds of us not doing those things to be low by creating us in a way that we don't have the urges to do them.
1Corinthians 10:13 No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Adewale1603(m): 2:57pm On Jul 30, 2023
You know what, all what you listed can be resisted, it's not even hard to resist, it has already been resisted, some people don't even think about it or even think about doing it, some people don't even see them as temptations or anythin. But you see that sexual lust, sexual feeling, that one can't be resisted no matter how hard one tries, because it has been inbuilt into our hormones and body systems, it's part of our human anatomy unless only if those hormones are not more there, which is not possible except only if the person has been fully castrated or has no sexual organs in his or her body

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by SweetDipBenny(m): 3:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sexual lust o
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by winner37(m): 3:17pm On Jul 30, 2023
ifyemex:
Envy
Bribe
Sexual lost
Pride
Cheating
Jealousy
Murder
Drunkingness

Woman mater , especially if I see a lady with big booties

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Error401: 3:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sexual lost
Cheating
Jealosy

ifyemex:
Envy
Bribe
Sexual lost
Pride
Cheating
Jealousy
Murder
Drunkingness

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by FireUpNow(m): 3:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
None as a person can resist all with ease if you are determined

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Princewell2012(m): 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
hopefulLandlord:
A god that wants us not to do things would make the odds of us not doing those things to be low by creating us in a way that we don't have the urges to do them.
So you're regretting he made you a human, so he should have made you to become an animal, so that you can live as you like.
Commandments were given to man and not to animals.
Animals or tree will not go to heaven but man will go to heaven therefore man needs to be tested and guided property. Let's make use of this opportunity to prepare our ourselves so that we can make it to that glorious place.

But honestly man is the most ungrateful being s the Lord God have made.
Among the millions millions of seamen that pass tru hour mummy phalopians tubes you are the only one that survived.
Let's be greatful to God always and praise and worship him and keep his commandments.
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by omoluka: 3:42pm On Jul 30, 2023
Sheunma:
The idea that I could spend an eternity kowtowing to a god scares the crap out of me

I must confess though, Islam's version of heaven seems ridiculously tantalizing. An eternity of orgy, with eternal erections and beautiful round women with pointed breast whose virginity are renewed as soon as it is taken. grin What an eternity! shocked
So many crazy folks on this platform grin
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by davibid: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
frankblinkz:
I want to ask again,how many people will make this heaven.
I have never in my life since I was born,seen a righteous man, keeps to God's commandments 100%.

Many thing's no clear ooo

No one is good except one which is in heaven
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by hathiba: 5:44pm On Jul 30, 2023
heaven is meant for all but not everyone will make it. If it is difficult for camel to enter thru a needle eye, then u must be conscious everyday.

It is not about being perfect or being a saint, bt majorly about constantly having the fear of God in your heart to relate with all and ability to quickly come into full repentance over any wrong doing before God

frankblinkz:
I want to ask again,how many people will make this heaven.
I have never in my life since I was born,seen a righteous man, keeps to God's commandments 100%.

Many thing's no clear ooo
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Opulentluv(m): 5:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
Bribe
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by frankblinkz(m): 6:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
hathiba:
heaven is meant for all but not everyone will make it. If it is difficult for camel to enter thru a needle eye, then u must be conscious everyday.

It is not about being perfect or being a saint, bt majorly about constantly having the fear of God in your heart to relate with all and ability to quickly come into full repentance over any wrong doing before God

This is what bible said,I'm talking about reality of life.
Even men Of God are not guaranteed.
Omo,I say it with confidence e go dey hard, mostly naija,we are all programmed.
Imagine criticism in religion,can you attend a celestial church as a Christian in pentecostal,or can you attend sabbath as a Catholic,we already have natural hatred as a Christian.
Someone mentioned kumuyi,tell him to go and worship In sabbath if he has the greatest commandment to mankind LOVE.
We all believe what was instill in us since time memorial in various denomination.
So let's face it,it's hard as Christians to make heaven,no one can keep to it
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by frankblinkz(m): 6:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
[quote author=frankblinkz post=124764642][/quote] This is what bible said,I'm talking about reality of life.
Even men Of God are not guaranteed.
Omo,I say it with confidence e go dey hard, mostly naija,we are all programmed.
Imagine criticism in religion,can you attend a celestial church as a Christian in pentecostal,or can you attend sabbath as a Catholic,we already have natural hatred as a Christian.
Someone mentioned kumuyi,tell him to go and worship In sabbath if he has the greatest commandment to mankind LOVE.
We all believe what was instill in us since time memorial in various denomination.
So let's face it,it's hard as Christians to make heaven,no one can keep to it
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Chidolalar: 7:37pm On Jul 30, 2023
hopefulLandlord:

You don't have to apologise bro. You have the right to quote any post on nairaland so long you have an account and aren't banned.

I do understand your perspective. In fact it would've been perfectly valid if the same entity who created us isn't going to punish his creation forever and ever for choosing wrong when the creation never asked to be created in the first place.

It would be stupid of a parent to keep loaded guns in reach of his 10yo kid who watches lots of gun action movies and that's a "parent" not the creator of the baby
That is what I keep telling all this religious fanatics
How can a loving and merciful God who created man in his own image and likeness punish man who did not ask God to create him for a finite sin he committed while on earth in an everlasting infinite hell
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by amila20042001: 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2023
As many as would read this and have the strong desire to live above sin. I pray you receive the power to live above sin in the name of JESUS CHRIST. AMEN

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Chidolalar: 7:46pm On Jul 30, 2023
Princewell2012:

So you're regretting he made you a human, so he should have made you to become an animal, so that you can live as you like.
Commandments were given to man and not to animals.
Animals or tree will not go to heaven but man will go to heaven therefore man needs to be tested and guided property. Let's make use of this opportunity to prepare our ourselves so that we can make it to that glorious place.

But honestly man is the most ungrateful being s the Lord God have made.
Among the millions millions of seamen that pass tru hour mummy phalopians tubes you are the only one that survived.
Let's be greatful to God always and praise and worship him and keep his commandments.
Is it by force to exist as humans to be created by God?
Since it is not by force to exist as humans then why are u against what someone wishes for himself or herself?
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Uchedizzy(f): 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
Noone

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by ashawopikin(m): 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nyash, very big nyash, I have never ever resisted big nyash before

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by ifyemex(m): 10:32pm On Jul 30, 2023
tctrills:

You made this post to show us that you are a good person who does not drink and who is humble. And somehow you feel you have overcome pride.

Is it what you think?
Not really
Nobody is perfect bro
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by tctrills: 10:34pm On Jul 30, 2023
ifyemex:

Is it what you think?
Not really
Nobody is perfect bro
That's why we shouldn't make posts about how good we are.
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by ifyemex(m): 10:55pm On Jul 30, 2023
treatise:

OP, you didn't list MONEY. I await a new list

Lol
Everyone is guilty of money o🤣

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by ifyemex(m): 11:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
tctrills:

That's why we shouldn't make posts about how good we are.

You misunderstand me bro.
Leave me and meditate on the post.
If you don't gerrit fogerrit!
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by AyomideOG01: 12:46am On Jul 31, 2023
Sheunma:

Oh my God grin grin
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by AyomideOG01: 12:48am On Jul 31, 2023
ashawopikin:
Nyash, very big nyash, I have never ever resisted big nyash before
Twin brother I hail o cheesy grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why There Are No Aborted Or Dead Babies In Hell / Pastor Enoch Adeboye Is 81-Years-Old Today / African Men Only Good At Sex; Not Romantic At All - Reverend Ransford Obeng

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.