Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,786 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? (20222 Views)

Archbishop Of Canterbury urges Anglicans In Uganda to resist anti-gay Law / Sexual Temptations And The Movie Industry / The Mystery Behind Sexual Temptations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by ifyemex(m): 8:25am On Jul 30, 2023
Envy
Bribe
Sexual lost
Pride
Cheating
Jealousy
Murder
Drunkingness

*Which of these temptations is hard for you to resist?
*How are you able to overcome them?

I have been able to stop drinking and pride by disassociating myself from useless friends.
Matthew 5:30 says
If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.

Jesus uses two graphic metaphors—it is better for disciples to pluck out their eyes and cut off their hands—as a way to memorably express an important truth. It is better to deny yourself in this life for His sake than to miss living life in His kingdom and enjoying its incredible benefits.

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Hhansome(m): 8:37am On Jul 30, 2023
Rubbish!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by GQQG(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2023
Sexualities lust cry
I use an app to take note of how long I stay without list and other related things but I still happen to do the same things again.
Maybe it's because I 'want it to be perfect' ?lipsrsealed

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by gift2xl: 9:27am On Jul 30, 2023
Happy Sunday everyone.
All of them.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by frankblinkz(m): 9:28am On Jul 30, 2023
I want to ask again,how many people will make this heaven.
I have never in my life since I was born,seen a righteous man, keeps to God's commandments 100%.

Many thing's no clear ooo

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Sonnobax15(m): 9:28am On Jul 30, 2023
lipsrsealed
All of dem.

Modified::I mean I can resist all of fem grin

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by opalu: 9:28am On Jul 30, 2023
Hm
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Kizzygentle: 9:28am On Jul 30, 2023
U see that sexual lust... It has finished me and u can't still stop it...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by hopefulLandlord: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2023
A god that wants us not to do things would make the odds of us not doing those things to be low by creating us in a way that we don't have the urges to do them.

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by meum: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2023
Some temptations have been omitted.

Rigging
(being tempted to rig)
Gambling (being tempted to gamble)
Gluttony (being tempted to eat too much) 😂😂

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Almiron: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2023
Gotta be s£x, but I’m in control, I don’t let my 3rd leg do the thinking all the time. Na inner battle, you win some and lose some 😂

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Btruth: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2023
God help us in Jesus name 🙏

9 Likes

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by triple996(m): 9:29am On Jul 30, 2023
It has to be sexual lust.
It's just like resisting food

2 Likes

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Starz825(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2023
I say if there is one sin I would like God to reverse as no sin....then that's sexual lust...cos my body craves for it.
however, its still a sin no matter how pleasurable....and I have so far been able to discipline myself...

Thanks to God

8 Likes

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Onelove508: 9:30am On Jul 30, 2023
I can effortlessly overcome all except that sexual lost.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Clintonchiedzie(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2023
Jealousy

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by katchagboro(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2023
Jealousy

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Senator777: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2023
NONE
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Btruth: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
All of dem.
most truthfully 😢

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Agricmoney(m): 9:31am On Jul 30, 2023
None

Anyway, Agriculture is life.
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by highchief1: 9:32am On Jul 30, 2023
ifyemex:
Envy
Bribe
Sexual lost
Pride
Cheating
Jealousy
Murder
Drunkingness

*Which of these temptations is hard for you to resist?
*How are you able to overcome them?

I have been able to stop drinking and pride by disassociating myself from useless friends.
Matthew 5:30 says
If your hand or your foot causes you to sin cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away.

Jesus uses two graphic metaphors—it is better for disciples to pluck out their eyes and cut off their hands—as a way to memorably express an important truth. It is better to deny yourself in this life for His sake than to miss living life in His kingdom and enjoying its incredible benefits.
bribe o.my love for money Dey fear me

3 Likes

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Spainze007(m): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2023
GQQG:
Sexualities lust cry
I use an app to take note of how long I stay without list and other related things but I still happen to do the same things again.
Maybe it's because I 'want it to be perfect' ?lipsrsealed
Which app
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by AmGreat1234: 9:33am On Jul 30, 2023
What's life without sex

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Kaxmytex(m): 9:34am On Jul 30, 2023
Na lust be their boss...

When lust comes knocking, the werey dey target ur focus and balancing... before u know it, hin don drop like 500 high quality pixel for ur head, no try lust o....

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Onelove508: 9:34am On Jul 30, 2023
frankblinkz:
I have never in my life since I was born,seen a righteous man, keeps to God's commandments 100%.

I hear it's only one in one thousand will make. In Nigeria, I'm sure of pastor Kumuye and my mother

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Puss360(f): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2023
Make I no talk.... grin grin
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Kobicove(m): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2023
Pride

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Sheunma: 9:35am On Jul 30, 2023
I'd rather lose my life than be counted worthy of an imaginary afterlife.
The idea that I could spend an eternity kowtowing to a god scares the crap out of me
I'd prefer to burn with the devil in hell where eternal worship isn't required

I must confess though, Islam's version of heaven seems ridiculously tantalizing. An eternity of orgy, with eternal erections and beautiful round women with pointed breast whose virginity are renewed as soon as it is taken. grin What an eternity! shocked

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by marlow1962(m): 9:36am On Jul 30, 2023
All
Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by Thundafireseun: 9:37am On Jul 30, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
All of dem.
Including murder ??

1 Like

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by ISTP: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2023
frankblinkz:

It will only take the Grace of God to make Heaven.

That's why the Bible made it clear "For all have sinned..."

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Of These Temptations Is Hard For You To Resist? by sukkot: 9:39am On Jul 30, 2023
cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why There Are No Aborted Or Dead Babies In Hell / African Men Only Good At Sex; Not Romantic At All - Reverend Ransford Obeng / Man Seeking ‘spiritual’ Healing Dies In Hotel Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.