Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,885 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities (18515 Views)

Jim Obazee Requests Over N2 Billion From CBN Governor, Officials Concerned / Tinubu's Special Investigator, Jim Obazee Faults CBN Audited Reports / President Tinubu Appoints Special Advisers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by fergie001: 8:04pm On Jul 30, 2023
Jim Osayande Obazee has a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the University of Benin; a Master of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos, and a certification in strategic financial analysis for business evaluation from Harvard University, USA.

He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), and a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) and the American Accounting Association (AAA).
President Bola Tinubu has appointed a special investigator Jim Osayande to probe the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and Related Activities.

This was contained in a letter signed by the President and obtained by Channels Television on Sunday.

“In accordance with the fundamental objective set forth in Section 15(5) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), this administration is today, continuing the fight against corruption by appointing you as a Special Investigator, to investigate the CBN and Related Entities. This appointment shall be with immediate effect and you are to report directly to my office,” Tinubu’s letter read.

“The full terms of your engagement as Special Investigator shall be communicated to you in due course but, require that you immediately take steps to ensure the strengthening and probity of key Government Business Entities (GBEs), further block leakages in CBN and related GBEs and provide a comprehensive report on public wealth currently in the hands of corrupt individuals and establishments (whether private or public).

“You are to investigate the CBN and related entities using a suitably experienced, competent, and capable team and work with relevant security and anti-corruption agencies to deliver on this assignment. I shall expect a weekly briefing on the progress being made.”

The development is coming just as the suspended apex bank governor Godwin Emefiele is undergoing trial.

SOURCE

Obazee is not new to controversies:

- In 2013, he was accused of sexual harassment by his Personal Assistant, Abimbola Yakubu. He had allegedly repeatedly threatened to sack Mrs. Yakubu, his PA of three years, for not acceding to his amorous advances.

-Through the FRC, he recommended the sack of ex-CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in 2014.

-In 2015, he suspended the FRC numbers of Atedo Peterside (then Chairman of Stanbic IBTC), Sola David-Borha (then Group Managing Director) and two other Directors over alleged infractions in the financial statements and thereafter imposed N1bn fine on the Bank. A decision that he overturned two months later.

- In 2016, he introduced National Code of Corporate Governance (NCCG), forcing General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, to step down from the position. The code stipulated a maximum 20 years for heads of non-profit organisations.

- The decision hitting the non-profit organisations caused a friction between Mr. Obazee and then Trade and Investments Minister, Mr. Okechukwu Enelamah. He had stubbornly refused to shelve the implementation of the NCCG, a decision that forced his sack in January 2017.

Obazee like Enelamah, was a Pastor at the RCCG.

He was first appointed FRC Executive Secretary in 2010 and re-appointed in 2014 before his sack in 2017.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by lordm(m): 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Good

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Haryour12(m): 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
To what end?

The former President did same, na initial gra gra.

There's little or no evidence of productivity since Tinubu's administration took place yet he kept on chasing a person who acted solely on orders being given to him by Someone I wouldn't wanna mention

Though, Emefiele mayn't be totally clean but if Tinubu truly wanna fight corruption in CBN and not witchhunt or play blind eye to some things, then the former President should be first to be questioned.

So, I'll ask again
To what f**k'n end?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Danidinho4: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Way to go!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Why is Tinubu bent on finding fault in emiefele? What about the minister of petroleum,the humanitarian minister and the former attorney general,malami?

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by NaijaCover(m): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
Hmmmmmm
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Puremind1225: 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
He's wasting his time

2 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Image123(m): 8:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
Wail o wailers, oh what a weeping and wailing. Unprecedented wailings of biblical proportions are reserved for sore losers for the next 8 years. It is their destiny, don't be surprised. They will gnash their teeth terribly even if they hear that the president drank water today.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by hammerT: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
WHEN THEM GO PROBE INEC?

TINUBU HIMSELF NEEDS TO BE INVESTIGATED.

ALL THIS WASTE OF NIGERIA MONEY, AS IF TINUBU FIT ARREST BUHARI.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by seunmsg(m): 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
Haryour12:
To what end?

To investigate the corrupt dealings of Emefiele. Or are you angry that Mr. President is fighting corruption?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by fabolas029: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
Let see
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by adioolayi(m): 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
All I have been seeing are positive reviews about this investigator ...thorough and no nonsense person.

Some are evening saying any organizations that had shady deals with CBN in the last couple of years should also be ready to be touched by this man.

I hope he will be able to block all loopholes at CBN and restore sanity.

I wish him all the best.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by BrickDevo: 8:22pm On Jul 30, 2023
Comedy

4 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by MT: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
fergie001:
Jim Osayande Obazee has a Bachelor of Science degree in accounting from the University of Benin; a Master of Science degree in Accounting from the University of Lagos, and a certification in strategic financial analysis for business evaluation from Harvard University, USA.

He is a fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), and a member of the Nigeria Institute of Management (NIM) and the American Accounting Association (AAA).

SOURCE

- In 2013, he was accused of sexual harassment by his Personal Assistant, Abimbola Yakubu. He had allegedly repeatedly threatened to sack Mrs. Yakubu, his PA of three years, for not acceding to his amorous advances.

-Through the FRC, he recommended the sack of ex-CBN Governor, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi in 2014.

-In 2015, he suspended the FRC numbers of Atedo Peterside (then Chairman of Stanbic IBTC), Sola David-Borha (then Group Managing Director) and two other Directors over alleged infractions in the financial statements and thereafter imposed N1bn fine on the Bank. A decision that he overturned two months later.

- In 2016, he introduced National Code of Corporate Governance (NCCG), forcing General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, to step down from the position. The code stipulated a maximum 20 years for heads of non-profit organisations.

- The decision hitting the non-profit organisations caused a friction between Mr. Obazee and then Trade and Investments Minister, Mr. Okechukwu Enelamah. He had stubbornly refused to shelve the implementation of the NCCG, a decision that forced his sack in January 2017.

He was first appointed FRC Executive Secretary in 2010 and re-appointed in 2014 before his sack in 2017.

Way to go.

CBN has been used as a conduit to steal lot of our commonwealth, especially the Emefiele dude.

I watched the revelation by a rep member on Brekete family, I was shocked at the degree and level of corruption at CBN.

So brazen!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Mrcashit: 8:23pm On Jul 30, 2023
CRYPTOCURRENCY TRADING GUIDE

Download Binance or Bybit from playstore or Ios and let me teach you how to trade crypto safely. You can start with any amount and grow it up to 5 times within a week.
Stop complaining about govt and simply end poverty. If you acuire right skills, you would maximize profits and avoid losses. My practical course would expose you to the following:
1. How to Trade Cryptocurrency (Simplified to benefit beginners)
2. Crypto trading success blueprint
3.How to manage risks and emotion properly.
4.How to set stop loss so that if market reverse, you won't loose. (This is where many do fail)
5.How to position and stay focus while trading.
6. Best Crypto tips.
7. Where to get right signals and even how to technically get it yourself.
The course is on a Promo of N5,000.
Get it now and thank me later.
8. How to buy or sell crypto, how to exchange crypto to Naira all within 15 minutes.
9. Technical analysis to help you understand trade

2 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by mainman7(m): 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/7783954/wow-why-said-tinubu-make
I was with some friends in an highbrow area of Abuja unwinding yesternight when one of my friends that works with Presidency said I should give him Idris Abdulkareem's number, that he wants to say a Big Congratulations him. I told him I didn't have Idris number, and then asked him what the Congratulations about? He said he overheard discussion during the day when Idris Abdulkareems name was penciled down as the best selected among all the modern Musicians considered to be immediately Appointed as Special Adviser to The President on Youths Affairs. Of cause I know the Presidency has Idris number would surely intimate him on his new Appointment soon, I guess my friend just wanted to get the privilege of pre-informing him.

Sincerely, Idris has been one of the very few Great Nigerian Musicians that have not greedily focused on amorally making money. They must have observed that he has been at the Forefront of intentionally Using his Song for Positive Social Engineering of Nigerian Youths in Particular and African Youths in General.

Similar to many of his Songs, remember his "Mr Lecturer" Song where he so excellently artistically used the Hit Track Song to warn young Nigerian Lecturers and Teachers to stop using their position to take advantage of female Students, as he was arrested and taken to Prison at the end of that Song in the Music Video.

Unlike some senseless myopic Musicians that have been using their Songs to destroyed the mentality of Nigerian Youths by promoting Drug Abuse, Hooliganism, YahooYahoo, etc. Idris Abdulkareem has truly Proven that he has Right Priories when it comes to Purpose Fulfillment and application of his God-given Talent to better Humanity, unlike the Visionless directionaless Souls that have done irreparable Damage and Destruction to the Lives of our Youths with their Societal-destructive Songs that has made our Youths to become unprecedentedly immoral, violent, directionless and unpatriotic!

Finally, my friend told us all that this Idris Abdulkareem's Song below is the one that really got him Chosen above all others in the Yesterday's Destiny-deciding Meeting. He said the President was so impression with it that guy in charge had to put it playing low on Repeat non-Stop at the background throughout the Meeting. It must be because the Song really discourages the myopic Japa-mentality that is now so common among Nigerian Youths. Idris Abdukareem addressed this Song to the Yoruba Youths in particular because he must have noticed that the counter-progressive Japa Syndrome has become particularly endemic especially among the Yoruba Youths, that is why he used this to encourage and remind them of the Great Yoruba Blood of their Fathers that Courageously Protected and Developed Yoruba Land as Youths in their own Days. It is also a message for all Nigerians to stay in Nigeria because only then can we join hands to make our Country truly Great.

If you know Idris Abdulkareem, quickly put a Call through to him and say a Big Congratulations! His Labour of Love for Humanity is finally paying up.
Me too I've downloaded this Song and put it on Repeat in my car, let's share it far and wide. Great Jam!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJK8pejFqrk&pp=ygUWQmVzdCBZb3J1YmEgUm9udSB2aWRlbw%3D%3D

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by shakol91(m): 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
seunmsg:

To investigate the corrupt dealings of Emefiele. Or are you angry that Mr. President is fighting corruption?
I agree with you but I am very sure one day, someone with iron balls will investigate his own corrupt practices too. Especially in Lagos and South Western states, where he used Judiciary to install his stooges as governors to siphon public funds.

2 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by NutritionGuru: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
Cool.

2 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Jestin: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
Rubbish
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Chibuzoripob: 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
cool Pastor,Evangelist,Rev EMEFIELE is in TROUBLE shocked cheesy sad

3 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by FolakeBabyBoo(f): 8:24pm On Jul 30, 2023
Obazee don hammer be dat

1 Like

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
fergie001:

SOURCE

initial gragra. He should also probe Buhari's bogus borrowings and spendings. Hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by LordGuru1: 8:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
Awesome news!

5 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by whippersnapper(m): 8:26pm On Jul 30, 2023
Way to go. Let the lobbyist in abuja continue. E go reach our turn grin
Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by Deefirm: 8:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
Desperation of agbado against Emefiele is on another level, this tells you they actually have nothing on that man before arresting and detaining him, shame on PBAT and all his supporters. Why not engaged PWC or KPMG to investigate office of the president..... idiot!!!!

fergie001:

SOURCE

3 Likes

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by worksmart(m): 8:28pm On Jul 30, 2023
So DSS no good again?
EFCC no good again?
Police no good again?
ICPC no good again?
NAss no good again?

Mr clean Tinubu needs a special investigator for CBN grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by cjudy(m): 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
shocked

Now we know why the DSS are acting this way. Tinubu is behind it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jim Obazee: Tinubu Appoints Special Investigator To Probe CBN & Related Entities by flokii: 8:29pm On Jul 30, 2023
They need to review the powers of CBN as an entity and the powers of a CBN governor.. how Emefiele at a time was feeling more powerful that the Supreme Court of Nigeria is beyond me.

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Vote For Gbajabiamila, Fani-kayode Urges PDP Lawmakers / Martin Elechi Defects To APC From PDP / Photos From President Buhari's Meeting With APC Governors Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.