Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,090 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 AM

Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti (26878 Views)

Health Benefits Of Eating Spaghetti Recipes With Nutrition Facts / 6 Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Salt / The Terrible/harmful Effects Of Postinor2: Factfinder1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Ten06(m): 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2023
The amount of sodium in your blood was too high and it raised your blood pressure because of the high level of sodium they used in preserving the spargetti you consumed.

Go and check your blood pressure and stop consuming products they preserve with sodium.

Most of the food that can remain in shop for months without going bad are preserved with sodium.

Eat more of organic food and leave processed food alone
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Ashley86400: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2023
OndoRaph:
Whenever I eat pasta based products like spaghetti and macroni, my entire body seems to swell the next morning when I wake, especially my face, hands and legs. For the face, I even feel the weight of sudden chunky skin even without a reflection in the mirror. What could possibly be the explanation to this. Am I alone or any other person feels same?
It sounds like you’re allergic to gluten.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by 007kjb: 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2023
TotoGame:

Normally eba Isn't advisable at night, but we dey naija sha

Make una no de talk rubbish for here
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by SweetDipBenny(m): 8:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
OndoRaph:
Whenever I eat pasta based products like spaghetti and macroni, my entire body seems to swell the next morning when I wake, especially my face, hands and legs. For the face, I even feel the weight of sudden chunky skin even without a reflection in the mirror. What could possibly be the explanation to this. Am I alone or any other person feels same?
U sud join d Avengers grin
U get super power smiley
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Radicalhost: 8:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dear ondoRaph you simply reacting to what it's known as gluten, same would happen if you eat whole wheat flour best to stay away from what or anything that makes your body system to react.
OndoRaph:
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by TotoGame(m): 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
sunsweet33:

That’s the advice we have been following diligently. But when Spanish people are eating rice with fish sauce in the midnight, they will now call it “Mediterranean diet” and be praising it.

Eat whatever you feel like gee
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by truthfully360: 9:03pm On Aug 08, 2023
Carcholce:
Stop eating it before bed. Rice does the same.

I am thinking of running away from my one month old relationship.

Ur happy comes first.
If you are not comfortable, just walk out of it
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by sync(f): 9:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
You may have Gluten allergy. Wheat contains gluten which pasta is made from
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Omolomo4eva(m): 9:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
Then stop eating it

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by CaptMarvel(m): 9:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
pansophist:
Pasta is high in the glycemic index, so yes, it will make you swell. Not just pasta, but foods that are high in sugar will give you the same result.

So Pizza, cake, bread, ice cream, parfait, milkshake, beer, sodas, eba, noodles, etc. I guess you are getting to, or above 30. It will only get worse.

This is why when you are in your 30s, you eat for functionality, not for taste. You can eat for taste sometimes, but your food culture should be about function.

So eat because the food is good for your system, not because it tastes good. For a start, there should be no sugar in your house. Replace it with stevia.

what are the alternatives to those foods.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Sleekfingers: 9:36pm On Aug 08, 2023
sunsweet33:

Our food is actually very versatile and nutritious but our dietary hygiene needs work.

If you have a starchy soup like egusi, then the swallow used to consume it should be small. But you will see a bowl of egusi filled with 3 or 4 different meats accompanied by a football of eba. If you reduce the portion, people will mock you.

How does it make sense?

You just buttressed my point. Most Nigerians consume large portions of starchy food. Which boils down to ignorance or poverty.

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by QueenDima47(f): 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
When I was little, rice does the same to me.
I liked it then because it made me looked a bit chubby.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by daneni1(m): 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2023
OndoRaph:

Your daily intake of water is on the high side. Reduce you daily intake of water and see the difference. Excess water intake cause the heart to over work, gives you headache, and also make you excrete some electrolyte from your body. Try this and see the difference after a month.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by worksmart(m): 9:53pm On Aug 08, 2023
Is it spaghetti or noodles?

An additive I found in Ndomie is so toxic , it is banned in Europe and consuming 5g of that substance is fatal.

Stop 🛑 buying processed foods.

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Assetosky(m): 10:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
My own is worst o......if I take any antibiotics drug,specific parts of my body(dick,lips,heels) will burn. So I take only injection anytime I need treatment.

I need help oooooo
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Seyi8750: 10:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
Scarrr:
and u still dey eat am? One day u go just wake discover u don don swell, burst on top bed overnight 😒
vawulence
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by AfonjaPriest: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2023
OndoRaph:
The problem I see in this issue is that people do not listen to their bodies. This 'problem' of yours is advantageous if only you are exercising much. It happens to me most times whenever I eat rice. And I always look forward to it. If it doesn't happen, I do anything necessary to make it happen, because I use it to great advantage.
You too should use it to give you benefits. Think of how to do so.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Jeezuzpick(m): 10:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
OndoRaph:

No need to post here.

You already know what to do: STOP EATING SPAGHETTI!

If some thing worse happens to you, like, getting paralysed or going blind for like 30 minutes after eating spaghetti, I'm so sure.i won't be here reading this post.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by tonididdy(m): 10:34pm On Aug 08, 2023
RoadMozart:

Me that is allergic to Groceries nko. Whenever I take it, I'll feel it inside my toes.
Grocery allergy?
I don't understand...
Do you even know what grocery means?

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by sharone21(f): 10:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
OndoRaph:

Clinical diagnosis should be Celiac disease which is autoimmune disease that irritates or damages your guts( small intestine)as Pasta could have gluten( protein) which has adverse effect on your system. Eg of Gluten rich products: Barley, Rye, Oats, Wheat, Malt
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by pansophist(m): 12:26am On Aug 09, 2023
CaptMarvel:
what are the alternatives to those foods.

Foods that are carbs pound for pound.

So start with legumes (e.g beans, oats, peanuts), proteins (fish, meat), lots of low-sugar fruits (carrot, cucumber, watermelon), etc.

And do away with refining foods such as pizza, burgers, sodas, beer, parfait, milkshakes etc. These food taste sweet, but you pay by becoming fat.

2 Likes

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by pansophist(m): 12:51am On Aug 09, 2023
Dexter001:

If I may ask, what type of food is someone expect to consume at that age?

Les sugary, less processed, and less quantity.

FOr sugary foods, do away with sodas, pizzas, beer, milkshake, parfait, gin, ogogoro, cigars, etc. Give them all up.

For processed foods, doa way with canned foods (eg can beans), try to get it fresh, cook it yourself, and make sure its food that grows from the ground, so no noodles for example.

And less quantity since your body is becoming, or is already an old machine, and wont have the vigorious metabolic strength of your youth. If you overeat today, tomorrow will reveal a new layer of fat in your stomach area.

So reduce food portion. And most importantly, drink a lot of water.

2 Likes

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Divay22(f): 2:20am On Aug 09, 2023
cocolacec:

Read about Gluten intolerance and celiac disease.

Gluten intolerance may make you feel sick after eating gluten. You might get bloated, nauseous or gassy. Gluten intolerance causes a lot of the same symptoms as celiac disease, but it's not the same condition. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disorder that leads to damage to the digestive tract.

Foods that usually contain gluten
breads, including bagels, flatbreads, and pita.
pastas and some other noodles.
cakes, crackers, and biscuits.
pies and pastries.
some breakfast cereals.
breadcrumbs and coatings.
croutons.
many meat substitutes etc
What then are we suppose to eat na embarassed

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by AutoshalomUSA: 2:56am On Aug 09, 2023
Sounds like a problem with Gluten . You will need to stay away from foods with Gluten.

OndoRaph:
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by ddeola: 3:17am On Aug 09, 2023
Na food allegy o, e be like say you dey allergic to pasta. No chop am again

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Jeffy1206(m): 4:45am On Aug 09, 2023
Definitely allergy... We need to pay attention to this cos in Nigeria everything goes...

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by RoadMozart(m): 6:05am On Aug 09, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Kindly specify the groceries please. Cause garri, groundnuts and sugar are now groceries.
I mean garri

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by RoadMozart(m): 6:06am On Aug 09, 2023
tonididdy:

Grocery allergy?
I don't understand...
Do you even know what grocery means?
You don't know about groceries(garri) and floating berries(Groundnut)?
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Regex: 6:09am On Aug 09, 2023
pansophist:

Foods that are carbs pound for pound.

So start with legumes (e.g beans, oats, peanuts), proteins (fish, meat), lots of low-sugar fruits (carrot, cucumber, watermelon), etc.

And do away with refining foods such as pizza, burgers, sodas, beer, parfait, milkshakes etc. These food taste sweet, but you pay by becoming fat.

I make my own perfait with Greek low fat yoghurt and blueberries and grape seed. Hope is good or I should stop. You know Greek yoghurt has no sugar at all. Is honey a good substitute to sugar too?

Baba Pan, I still deh wait your response on this oh...😂 😂

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by fidel2(m): 6:25am On Aug 09, 2023
Uncle go and run allergy test.

1 Like

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by pharmade: 7:42am On Aug 09, 2023
It is known as gluten intolerance. Stop eating spaghetti all together. Take multivitamins

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

389 New COVID-19 Cases, 130 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 6 (1,442 Tested) / I Mistakenly Chewed And Swallowed A Big Coackroach In My Porridge Beans. / COVID-19: No Vaccination, No Church, Bank Attendance - Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.