Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 PM

Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti (26847 Views)

Health Benefits Of Eating Spaghetti Recipes With Nutrition Facts / 6 Side Effects Of Eating Too Much Salt / The Terrible/harmful Effects Of Postinor2: Factfinder1 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Bahamas95(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2023
My girlfriend's best food is OP's poison..... This life nor really balance.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by sunsweet33: 5:43pm On Aug 08, 2023
Sleekfingers:

Most Nigerians eat what they see. Not what is healthy for their body.
Poverty and ignorance

Our food is actually very versatile and nutritious but our dietary hygiene needs work.

If you have a starchy soup like egusi, then the swallow used to consume it should be small. But you will see a bowl of egusi filled with 3 or 4 different meats accompanied by a football of eba. If you reduce the portion, people will mock you.

How does it make sense?

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Josbreed: 5:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
Ulunne777:
I ate ukazi/ Afang soup on saturday evening .Woke up in the midnight with my whole system hot as if someone applied aboniki balm inside my body.

I was very frightened.took the whole of Sunday before I got relief.

Had to Google it and found that the leaf was the culprit.Something I've eaten my whole life without experiencing it
It comes with age. I started having lactose intolerance whenever I take fura da nono or any yoghurt at the age of 35. If I don't take Flagyl after taking yoghurt, it is capable of killing me.

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by bergs2: 5:49pm On Aug 08, 2023
TotoGame:
Spaghetti and co are very starchy, it's better for lunch not for dinner

It's just like eating a full plate of eba as dinner, your whole body will be a mess

Not just the body, including the soul and spirit.
A scary dream that rips the soul apart is the reward of such food at night.
The worse is that you can't even run in that dream.

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Dexter001(m): 5:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
pansophist:
Pasta is high in the glycemic index, so yes, it will make you swell. Not just pasta, but foods that are high in sugar will give you the same result.

So Pizza, cake, bread, ice cream, parfait, milkshake, beer, sodas, eba, noodles, etc. I guess you are getting to, or above 30. It will only get worse.

This is why when you are in your 30s, you eat for functionality, not for taste. You can eat for taste sometimes, but your food culture should be about function.

So eat because the food is good for your system, not because it tastes good. For a start, there should be no sugar in your house. Replace it with stevia.

If I may ask, what type of food is someone expect to consume at that age?
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by uuzba(m): 5:55pm On Aug 08, 2023
OndoRaph:
Whenever I eat pasta based products like spaghetti and macroni, my entire body seems to swell the next morning when I wake, especially my face, hands and legs. For the face, I even feel the weight of sudden chunky skin even without a reflection in the mirror. What could possibly be the explanation to this. Am I alone or any other person feels same?
Stop eating Spaghetti.
This is nigeria. One idiot may have sold you expired pasta.
Or there's a specific chemical you are allergic to.
Maybe you have oyibo sickness, "gluten intolerance".

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by sonofthunder: 5:58pm On Aug 08, 2023
pansophist:
Pasta is high in the glycemic index, so yes, it will make you swell. Not just pasta, but foods that are high in sugar will give you the same result.

So Pizza, cake, bread, ice cream, parfait, milkshake, beer, sodas, eba, noodles, etc. I guess you are getting to, or above 30. It will only get worse.

This is why when you are in your 30s, you eat for functionality, not for taste. You can eat for taste sometimes, but your food culture should be about function.

So eat because the food is good for your system, not because it tastes good. For a start, there should be no sugar in your house. Replace it with stevia.

Where can one get stevia?
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by BlissGod: 5:59pm On Aug 08, 2023
BigRocky:

U dey advice or threaten am?
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ una no go kill person with laugh for this place.

I second the guy, he get mind still Dey eat am for night.

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Exceed15: 6:02pm On Aug 08, 2023
Please stop it then.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Blankstare(m): 6:04pm On Aug 08, 2023
You only eat spa

No ghetti

Get the various condiments, then you will be eating spa-ghetti...
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by pansophist(m): 6:07pm On Aug 08, 2023
sonofthunder:

Where can one get stevia?

Enter motor go Cotonou, then drop for kpanji market. Ask for iya oloja. She is really fat and popular. She deals with herbal stuff.

Tell her you need stevia, and if you want some discount, just mention pansophist. Then she will take you to her village in the North of Benin republic.

Please take an interpreter, because they speak French there. When you get there, ask a bike man to take you to Gbanji commune. There, you'll see many native doctors. Ask for Mr Pepe.

He can sell Stevia to you. Or maybe if you want to skip this process, just google it, or order it from Amazon/Jumia.

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by yemi1504: 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
majorgr:
Oh sorry about that, that's allergy! You are allergic to pasta, hence the reaction. Some people have funny allergies, I know of someone who likes apple, but if he dares to eat the red apple his whole face swells up, similar reaction to yours, only the green apples gives him no reaction.

Abi. More specifically allergic to gluten seen in wheat flour. Op too could likely have the same reactions with things like biscuits and bread.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by sonofthunder: 6:08pm On Aug 08, 2023
pansophist:

Enter motor go Cotonou, then drop for kpanji market. Ask for iya oloja. She is really fat and popular. She deals with herbal stuff.

Tell her you need stevia, and if you want some discount, just mention pansophist. Then she will take you to her village in the North of Benin republic.

Please take an interpreter, because they speak French there. When you get there, ask a bike man to take you to Gbanji commune. There, you'll see many native doctors. Ask for Mr Pepe.

He can sell Stevia to you. Or maybe if you want to skip tbos process, just google it, or order it from Amazon/Jumia.

Baba na today I dey ask Google?

I mean where to get locally Cotonou pikin
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by yemi1504: 6:10pm On Aug 08, 2023
MrSinister:
Do you have the same symptoms whenever you eat noodles?

It might be Gluten allergies. Scrap them from your diet if you can.

I said the same thing too. Anything that has to do with wheat flour, Op should either avoid or at worst eat in moderation. Things like pasta generally, biscuits, bread and noodles.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by pansophist(m): 6:11pm On Aug 08, 2023
sonofthunder:

Baba na today I dey ask Google?

I mean where to get locally Cotonou pikin

If by locally you mean where you de live, how can I know?

Okay Wetin be your address?
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by deltaF0SS: 6:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
Doctors in tha house!!!

Pootle:
anytime i eat beans i usually have server chest burn...even milk or watermelon find it hard to subdue it undecided
Same bro, try filtering the parboilled water away.
I also take chilled water to ease my symptoms - makes me belch, quicker relief

Josbreed:
You system is actually allergic to the gluten in pasta. Pasta is that chewing gum-like substance in wheat/durum pruducts that is responsible for its stickiness. It's an allergic reaction you have. Just avoid anything pasta. Just like me, if I take anything like yoghurt, I have stomach ache capable of killing me if I don't take Flagyl immediately. That's why in developed countries, on the label of most of their products, they indicate wheter a product contains gluten or if it gluten free.
my system dislikes sugar in general
Had the bolded in secondary school, had to quit

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Adaran: 6:19pm On Aug 08, 2023
Please do kidney function test in any good laboratory immediately.

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by yemi1504: 6:21pm On Aug 08, 2023
juman:
That is called allergy. So stop eating it.

Some people are allergic to eating egg.
ETC.

Having allergy is not unusual.
I also have my allergy.

Me too! Two actually.

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Pietrak1(m): 6:22pm On Aug 08, 2023
You are allergic to gluten in flours

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by yemi1504: 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2023
Josbreed:
You system is actually allergic to the gluten in pasta. Pasta is that chewing gum-like substance in wheat/durum pruducts that is responsible for its stickiness. It's an allergic reaction you have. Just avoid anything pasta. Just like me, if I take anything like yoghurt, I have stomach ache capble of killing me if I don't take Flagyl immediately. That's why in developed countries, on the label of most of their products, they indicate wheter a product contains gluten or if it gluten free.

Exactly at the labels for such allergies! The labels for gluten, milk, fish, eggs and highly peanuts (a lot of children abroad have peanuts allergy) are not played with there! But as na Nigeria, people with allergies here are in an insignificant minority, so such labels are not deemed important here.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Bornboy4: 6:37pm On Aug 08, 2023
You forbid eating it in uour past life. grin
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by nedekid: 6:38pm On Aug 08, 2023
OndoRaph:
Whenever I eat pasta based products like spaghetti and macroni, my entire body seems to swell the next morning when I wake, especially my face, hands and legs. For the face, I even feel the weight of sudden chunky skin even without a reflection in the mirror. What could possibly be the explanation to this. Am I alone or any other person feels same?
Water retention. But what is causing it.

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by nedekid: 6:40pm On Aug 08, 2023
Josbreed:
You system is actually allergic to the gluten in pasta. Pasta is that chewing gum-like substance in wheat/durum pruducts that is responsible for its stickiness. It's an allergic reaction you have. Just avoid anything pasta. Just like me, if I take anything like yoghurt, I have stomach ache capble of killing me if I don't take Flagyl immediately. That's why in developed countries, on the label of most of their products, they indicate wheter a product contains gluten or if it gluten free.
My own is wine. Red wine.
Omo, running stomach after a bottle.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by Johnn44: 6:44pm On Aug 08, 2023
WantsandMore:
Spaghetti is a wheat derivatives, you may have insulin resistance, listen to your body, replace that shiii with carbs of lower GI index

Gbam-solutely
Josbreed:

Gbam-solutely

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by mondob2k(m): 6:46pm On Aug 08, 2023
Stop eating spaghetti.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by sunsweet33: 6:50pm On Aug 08, 2023
Josbreed:
That's why in developed countries, on the label of most of their products, they indicate wheter a product contains gluten or if it gluten free.

They were just as unserious as we were. But when a few people suddenly died after eating products that were improperly labelled, their families campaigned and governments were forced to mandate that all food products specify their allergens. Donโ€™t know how many people they are waiting to swell and burst in Nigeria sha.
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by HELPTHEFAMILY: 7:06pm On Aug 08, 2023
Hello my brothers and sisters, please with a heart full of sadness and so much anxiety I'm compelled to write this to whom it may concern๐Ÿคฒ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

I have my lovely mom, going through pains and a lot with the health issues๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜ญ. She had a kidney stone which results to a severe kidney problem over years now and we the family of OKOJI is sad to announce to the occurrence of our problems and plead with the kind hearted citizens to help in any form as it will have a long way to assist us financially to resolve all that is required for her health and may the good Lord in his love and infinite mercy replenish all who is helping to this. Thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ

Yours sincerely,
Mr. Chibuike Prince Okoji
Please kindly send to the family of OKOJI

The family provided two(2) payment options:

This includes gofundme.com and you can easily send directly to the family opay account

Chibuike Prince Okoji
Opay

Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by GUNITGuy: 7:09pm On Aug 08, 2023
Deficiency of a vital enzymes in your body for the metabolism of a particular substance in the spag..
It's hereditary
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by DrAda(f): 7:15pm On Aug 08, 2023
You may be intolerant to Gluten
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by NoToPile: 7:16pm On Aug 08, 2023
BoldBrainz:

Kindly specify the groceries please. Cause garri, groundnuts and sugar are now groceries.

Hahaha Nairalanders will not kill person with laugh. grin
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by sonofElElyon: 7:18pm On Aug 08, 2023
Then stop eating it !
Use my invitation code to mine ice token on ice network for free. Use this link to download the app and follow the simple prompts

ice.io/@iyanuchristian

after you download the app, iyanuchristian is invitation code.
Main net is slated for October 2024 when you can swap ice token for fiat or stable coins on exchanges
Re: Physical Effects Of Eating Spaghetti by youngrichnigga: 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2023
Mine is majorly when I eat noddles that was not rid of the (gluten) wax coating by removing the initial water used in cooking; I always feel bloated for days after. That's why I don't eat it anywhere except I make it myself undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

I Mistakenly Chewed And Swallowed A Big Coackroach In My Porridge Beans. / Ipokia Local Government Clinic Ogun Where 10,000 Residents Share 1 Hospital Bed / 389 New COVID-19 Cases, 130 Discharged And 9 Deaths On June 6 (1,442 Tested)