Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,087 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:05 PM

How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? (18941 Views)

How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview / Finland To Introduce 4 Days Per Week And 6 Hours Working Day / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? by theamazonguru(m): 1:11pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hezmatosky:
You don't need long ceremonies for job that is your own. The interview that landed me Guinness job at ikeja na previous day match Chelsea vs Tottenham we discuss throughout less than 5mins interview. It can only be GRACE

That's it. GRACE.

The interview for the job that gave me my career break was an unbelievable one.

Note:
I applied for a job with title , SYSTEM SUPPORT STAFF.

At this time, I had been working for 3 years in this field, basically as a system support engineer.
So I was confident I would axe the interview.
Unfortunately, their focus was different. They were interested in someone with a strong back ground in software.

So all their questions were centered on practical software development cycle and support.

What do you expect, I couldn't answer one question. I failed woefully. What a shame. Lol.

Then the chair of the interview panel obviously beeming with anger , asked "since you couldn't answer any of our questions what exactly do you know".

It sounded embarrassing but I didn't take it as such.
I responded with a positive energy, I saw it as an opportunity to sell my area of strength.

So I answered, "I might not have answered any of the questions you posed to me, my apologies. However, I am confident that if you train me on any subject, I have the ability to transfer same knowledge to just anyone,even a dummy."

That was it.

I got employed.

What happened,
I never knew this guys got a big job. It was a 10 month contract with a major multinational in the south south. They needed to employ guys who would be able to handle the change management process for the Client and do what is called functional proximity support with each staff.

The client needed to change from an old working process which of course means new packages would be introduced. Knowing that naturally, humans are resistant to change,
Our role is to come in as change management consultants, get trained through the train the trainer scheme. The trainer came down from France.
Then we were expected to go and train all their over 3000 staff both onshore, offshore and all office locations

That was where my answer hit them.

They saw I was sure I would make a good trainer once I got trained. Which was part of the package.

14 of us (their inhouse permanent staff (4) and 10 of us newly recruited contract staff) , flew out for the project.

Eventually I emerged the best on the project and was able to get retained by the client.

Guys never give up.
That interview is not aimed at breaking you.
See it as an opportunity to sell yourself.

3 Likes

Re: How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? by ItisWell22(f): 6:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
qanda:

The secret is using a simple framework: Present, past, and future.

Present
Start with a present-tense statement to introduce.

Past
The second part of your introduction is past tense.

Future
The third and last part in this framework is future-oriented.
Thatโ€™s it for the self-introduction framework.

Present, past, future. Eloquent and effective.
Take a slow, deep breath, and think, โ€œPresent, past, future.โ€ Then smile and listen to everyone else until itโ€™s your turn. You got this!

Credit: https://hbr.org/2022/08/a-simple-way-to-introduce-yourself

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š

1 Like

Re: How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? by thunderbabs: 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
EniHolar:
When you're asked, 'May I meet you?'

Don't think... Just start talking.

Leave all thz interview things abeg... In my kauntree, who you know is better than what you know. You may talk and talk about yourself and dem no go still carry you.

Nice write-up anyway.

Regardless, you still should know what you are doing so that you don't look like an unskilled candidate

1 Like

Re: How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? by Babysho(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hezmatosky:
You don't need long ceremonies for job that is your own. The interview that landed me Guinness job at ikeja na previous day match Chelsea vs Tottenham we discuss throughout less than 5mins interview. It can only be GRACE

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Make I write this one down. First step "always watch football match before interview"
Re: How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? by professore(m): 7:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nice
Re: How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? by stanisbaratheon: 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
nice
Re: How To Introduce Yourself In An Interview? by BItt: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
olisaEze:
My first 'tell me about yourself' was in French, because primary school Francais Afrique had given me the effrontery to add French as a second language. All I could remember saying was my name, the rest of the interview till date is still a blur, because my brain partitioned the memory away even before the interview was over. Too cringeworthy to relive! You dinor see the 'I can play ball' written there, why you nor carry ball come outside?? They sha dinor call me, and me also dinor call them, 1 - 1 draw!! grin
grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally Landed The Job / Job Recruitment At Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)-20 Positions / VFD Group Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test Invite.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.