Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger (28242 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Okorocha And President Buhari In Aso Rock / Ogun 2019: Ladi Adebutu's Supporters Throw Weight Behind Dapo Abiodun - Thisday / Afenifere Throws Weight Behind Buhari/osinbajo, say Atiku's Backers are usurpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Creeper: 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
It’s really interesting to see all these ignorant Nigerians on Twitter and on here talking about how Nigerian army will defeat Niger within hours. I don’t even think these people studied geography in school because if they did - they won’t make such a ludicrous statement.

Niger is bigger than Nigeria. And Nigeria, a country struggling to contain ragtag Islamists, bandits and separatists shouldn’t be interfering in other countries. Heck, Nigeria struggled in a very small country like Sierra Leone and it took the intervention of British forces (they had to intervene 3 times) to bring normalcy to that country.

Niger coupists have the support of the Wagner forces in Mali, Burkina Faso and Guinea. And Algeria has also joined the fray with support for the coupists. Nigeria needs to stay out of it.

Tinubu, don’t be a western puppet - buy time and use diplomacy. Nigerian army would absolutely get wrecked and disgraced in Niger. Even the French would get wrecked if Algeria is fully committed to supporting the coupists. Stay out of it!

3 Likes

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by baralatie(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
No
PointB:

I'm sure it's in Tinubes interest to go to war. He'll need to show the American's that he can be a reliable operator for them. It will be for him, an opportunity too good to be missed. But the repercusion will be grave for Nigeria and Nigerians, especially those in the North. US will not, and cannot give Nigeria all we need to prosecute such war. And even at that, Russia, China will intervene on behalf of the Nigeriens, the latter more subtely.

If/when the war start, I will spectate, and watch as history unfold.

As for Buhari, good bye to his retirement plan, Niger has changed forever for him.

I rest my case.
It is not in the interest of tinubu under whatever reason to even think of going to war unless he wants to destroy the whole west African region
In fact he is undermining his own govt sef
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by EconomistXplain: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
ppogba:

Eskis sir, did I just read that Ukraine is better off?
Her citizens are scattered every where and people living in peace and comfort before are now refugees and yet you say Ukraine is better off?
With the devastation and destruction and you say Ukraine is better off?

Before you accuse me of spewing trash, I hereby acknowledge that myself. You may say something more derogatory.

yes, i still repeat they are better off...or which do u prefer live in absolute fear through out the night knowing a snake entered ur room or ur wife nd children sleep out on a neighbor chair while u stay put nd turn the hpuse upside doen even breaking sets nd sets if ur plates but either kill d snake or chase it out....

i repeat Ukraine is better off...the fight is not forever ,it will end nd the nation will b rebuilt...

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by 360command: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
I am beginning to believe that these westerners are the reason why Africa has been backwards in terms of democracy....the type of democracy we have here in Africa , especially west Africa is DEMOCRAZY.....the military fit come change niger , u never can tell
yes of course. You need to understand that our freedom did not go willingly and that's why till today we are experiencing neo-colonialism.

France still have strong hold on the French African countries and they do not want to let go. Many African nations are beginning to wake from the imperialism of the western nation. We have seen coup arriving from guinea, Mali, burkina faso and Niger, it is no more business as usual as we are also seeing some French African nations expelling French troops out of Africa.

We have also seen some French African countries wanting to change their constitution so that there can be a third term in office. We have seen countries like Senegal (President Macky Sall) who tried to do this but the citizen protested against it, alpha Conde of Guinea who wanted a third term in office was remove by a coup. we have seen countries like Cote d'Voire where Alassane watara changing their constitution for a president to be in seat for up to 3rd term. Idris derby of chad, Paul Biya of cameroon and so many others... All this is because these men are puppets of the west and they have their backing from their colonial master such as France.

I really hope to see a day where many African nations can look within herself and believe in its citizens and to think as a union because if we all think solo, how can a little country such as Burundi or Chad compete with France or other western nation.

2 Likes

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Blackdisciple(m): 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
What did they do about Mali, Guinea, Burkina Faso coup

If baba is thinking of sending Army to Niger then he should have a rethink because we are having our own issues that needs to be addressed ECOWAS even need to send armies to Nigeria to also help fight insurgency.

3 Likes

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by baralatie(m): 4:27pm On Jul 31, 2023
Blackdisciple:
What did they do about Mali, Guinea, Burkina Faso coup

If baba is thinking of sending Army to Niger then he should have a rethink because we are having our own issues that needs to be addressed ECOWAS even need to send armies to Nigeria to also help fight insurgency.
Yeaf
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BOYS2MEN: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
grin grin In all I will just say it's the beauty of DemoCRAZY...bro don't try to school any dullard here on nairaland because it is not worth it.. meanwhile heaven add more wisdom to you for dropping this piece
360command:
yes of course. You need to understand that our freedom did not go willingly and that's why till today we are experiencing neo-colonialism.

France still have strong hold on the French African countries and they do not want to let go. Many African nations are beginning to wake from the imperialism of the western nation. We have seen coup arriving from guinea, Mali, burkina faso and Niger, it is no more business as usual as we are also seeing some French African nations expelling French troops out of Africa.

We have also seen some French African countries wanting to change their constitution so that there can be a third term in office. We have seen countries like Senegal (President Macky Sall) who tried to do this but the citizen protested against it, alpha Conde of Guinea who wanted a third term in office was remove by a coup. we have seen countries like Cote d'Voire where Alassane watara changing their constitution for a president to be in seat for up to 3rd term. Idris derby of chad, Paul Biya of cameroon and so many others... All this is because these men are puppets of the west and they have their backing from their colonial master such as France.

I really hope to see a day where many African nations can look within herself and believe in its citizens and to think as a union because if we all think solo, how can a little country such as Burundi or Chad compete with France or other western nation.

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by PointB: 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
hammerT:

EVER SINCE THEY STARTED THE WAR IN UKRAINE, THEY HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR MEANS TO DRAG AFRICA INTO IT.

I GUESS THEY HAVE FINALLY FOUND A SMOKING GUN AND A VERY HOPELESS FELLOW LIKE TINUBU IN ASO ROCK, THAT MURDERED NEARLY TWO HUNDRED NIGERIANS IN ENDSARS, TO TAKE THE WAR TO NIGER REPUBLIC.

NIGERIA THAT IS DIVIDED GOING TO FIGHT NIGER WILL BE VERY FUNNY INDEED.

I WILL LIKE TO SEE OUR IGBO BROTHERS THAT WILL BE FOOLISH ENOUGH TO JOIN TINUBU.

WE ALSO KNOW THE NORTH WILL NOT TURN ON THEIR BRO IN NIGER.

MAYBE YORUBA WILL FIGHT IT, WITH MILITANT HELP. U KNOWN ASARI AND CO. cool

My own problem with this is that scarce resources will be used to prosecute war for the US. As for the fighting itself, it's the poor people from every tribe, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani etc that will be used as cannon fodders, especially if the Russians decide to move quickly into the war. They already have Wagner on ground so it easier for them to get to their people into position than the US. The US will rely on ECOMOG while the Russians will use Wagner. ECOMOG will need training before joining the battle, while the Wagner are already battle ready.

If the war last 2 weeks, Nigeria will be in trouble. A decisive victory, a knock-out blow within a week will work to Nigeria's advantage, beyond a week, doom will come. This I have seen.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Calitoscassius(m): 4:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
USA should stay in their country, they ruined Afganistan, Syria, Iraq and recently Ukraine, oh! I forgot what how they ruined Libya also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Watcharena: 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
EconomistXplain:

Ukraine is better off stop sprewing trash... because off Ukraince iceland nd Sweden are mow free...

Ukraine have now de- Russified their land nd fighting for the right to b heard...the US bomb and killed over 200k ppl in Hiroshima nd Nagasaki with a nuclear bomb just japan to free china from captivity...

ppl hv yo die for progress to b made...
Wich progress was made in Libya and Iraq
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by juman(m): 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nigeria has no business fighting war in another country.

No and no.

Our military that cannot defeat boko haram and bandit.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by hammerT: 4:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
PointB:

My own problem with this is that scarce resources will be used to prosecute war for the US. As for the fighting itself, it's the poor people from every tribe, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa, Fulani etc that will be used as cannon fodders, especially if the Russians decide to move quickly into the war. They already have Wagner on ground so it easier for them to get to their people into position than the US. The US will rely on ECOMOG while the Russians will use Wagner. ECOMOG will need training before joining the battle, while the Wagner are already battle ready.

If the war last 2 weeks, Nigeria will be in trouble. A decisive victory, a knock-out blow within a week will work to Nigeria's advantage, beyond a week, doom will come. This I have seen.

NIGERIA IS TOO DIVIDED TO FIGHT NIGER.

ONCE WAGNER ARRIVE, IF THEY HAVE NOT ALREADY ENTERED THE COUNTRY FROM BUKINA FASO, SORRY IS TINUBU NAME.

ANY WAR IN NIGER, ALL THE MILITIA IN NIGERIA WILL ESCALATE ATTACKS.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by GUNITGuy: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Heroicvic:
USA knew about eu report regarding the just concluded presidential election and the role tinubu played

Why haven't they acted on that yet?
They went mute when niger citizen were decrying poverty and corruption by the democary leaders they so cherished

Same is happening in Nigeria 🇳🇬 now but they act like they're not concerned, but when the military decide to intervene, they will start acting world police ...

The west should sit this one out
Help us fight Boko Haram fess😏
I don't know whether they are not seeing the results of the so called democracy
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by tunjilana: 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Heroicvic:
USA knew about eu report regarding the just concluded presidential election and the role tinubu played

Why haven't they acted on that yet?
They went mute when niger citizen were decrying poverty and corruption by the democary leaders they so cherished

Same is happening in Nigeria 🇳🇬 now but they act like they're not concerned, but when the military decide to intervene, they will start acting world police ...

The west should sit this one out
Help us fight Boko Haram fess😏

I dont know how old you are but the military isnt the cure for poverty and corruption, it has never bn and will never be. Infact nothing is as fulfilling as the power to remove a leader or party u dont like, every four years. Perhaps you are a Peter Obi supporter and being emotional but guess what, under military regime, Peter Obi wont even be able to gather any political momentum, both the good, bad, ugly will be in exile or quietly face their business.... The bad part of it is that their wont be an end date, it will be from one coup to another, while the developed countries use the coups to put whoever they want in power and summarily kill off those they dont want.

Most of Nigeria's woes are still traceable to military regimes which we had to endure from 1966 to 1999 with only 4 years of delicate democracy in between

Democracy is still the best form of govt and should be supported even if flawed
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by whitemand4(m): 4:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
dragunov:

Tinubu should not allow himself to be used as pawn in this US vs Russia chess game. Before you know it, the whole of West Africa will be a massive war theatre which is what the US wants in the first place.

Exactly because the US is now becoming useless in the major world geopolitics and economy. BRICS with no dollar transaction has crumbled them.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by hammerT: 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
PointB:

TINUBU IS THE NUMBER 1 ENEMY AND MUST BE TAKEN OUT, THE WAY HE MURDERED THOSE OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS DURING ENDSARS.

IF WE DONT TAKE TINUBU OUT, HE WILL CAUSE EVEN MORE DEATHS THAN BUHARI.

HE HAS NOTHING TO OFFER, ASIDE STEALING, KILLING AND DESTROY.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by juman(m): 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2023
War can last for years.
It would cost billions of dollars.

Nigeria that does not have money to pay for fuel subsidy, how are we going to find money to fight one meaningless war?
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by tunjilana: 4:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
DoxxAnon:
Carry the weight and enter war with Niger republic then you will know about it!

Sit this one out cos you are no different from a coup plotter! Once used a gun and one used money… no difference !

If you are looking for 50m youth to recruit into the army… get them from the SW.

Thank you sir

A coup plotter doesnt need the vote of over 80 million Nigerians to get power, A coup plotter doesnt need to go round the country to campaign, plead, promise, massage ego and consult.

A coup plotter only needs his friends in the military and selfish foreign powers, to thrive. And you wont even be able to protest or talk about your sufferings. Guess none of you were alive during the IBB/ Abacha regime.

Democracy, even if flawed, is still the best
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by EteBabaagba222(m): 4:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
I am beginning to believe that these westerners are the reason why Africa has been backwards in terms of democracy....the type of democracy we have here in Africa , especially west Africa is DEMOCRAZY.....the military fit come change niger , u never can tell

You just say the truth. West is the problem of Africa. We are hungry, you are not bother but you want our oppressors to countine.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by EconomistXplain: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
Watcharena:
Wich progress was made in Libya and Iraq

till date iraq is better thsn Nigeria...as for libya..u all dont know the US wasnt involved in Libya at all...it was led by NATO countries, france nd Brittain....US probided just logistics nd again...

libya refused to end the war instead dividing the country into zones led by warlords...that is why thay still hv an issue
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by TalkingBird: 4:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
hisexcellency34:
How will Buhari rest in Niger now

Na wa oooh! dem no go allow man pikin rest.

They should better avoid a fight between the king of the North and the King of the South
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by SmartyPants(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
baralatie:

Nigeria and Nigerian has a security pact in the war against bokoharam and insurgency.
Therefore it does not play well for Nigeria to involve itself in an issue of change of govt within Niger.
Nigeria can only act on the platform of diplomacy to see that ECOWAS security is not vompromised

Another way to look at it is that based on the existing security arrangements, Nigeria should prefer continuity with the older government that we have a relationship with, and should act to restore that government.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by pendragonbladgo(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2023
thisisit:
US is behind Ecowas.
Russia is behind Niger Republic.
France is the referee.
Battle theatre is co-hosted by Nigeria and Niger.

Let's the battle begin!!!
Where do you see Russian now ?
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by dmangodwin(m): 4:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
You think so.
The military that has immediately ban use of social media
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by juman(m): 4:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
America is satanic country that cause confusion everywhere.
America was defeated and at the end ran away from iraq and afghanistan.
Presently american war in ukraine is a senseless war.
Nigeria should not behave like the heedless european leaders that follow america without any caution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by dragunov: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
whitemand4:

Exactly because the US is now becoming useless in the major world geopolitics and economy. BRICS with no dollar transaction has crumbled them.

They've always been useless. It's just that people's eyes are now open to their tactic

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by bjdon: 4:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
Nigeria should stay out of this one O!
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by obyno82: 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Christistruth03:

Russia and Wagner Group are not welcome to create Chaos in Africa

Shut up there. People that are already knee deep in Niger.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by juman(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Buhari said niger would defend him if people with power in abuja decide to fight him.

Hence:
Who knows there might be international conspiracy to drag nigeria into a meaningless war.
Tinubu should use his sense.
They want to destroy his effort to rebuild nigeria. They want to distract him.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by obyno82: 4:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
post=124784799:
Gbamsolutely!!!

On Saturday, the African Union (AU) gave the soldiers 15 days to return to their barracks and restore civil rule in the country.
Niger will also be suspended from all financial assistance and transactions with financial institutions within ECOWAS.

Peace is all we want in our world.

God bless AFRICA......from all of us @MANNA!

Please just be silent. Nothing will happen the same scenario happened in Mali, Guinea and Burkina Faso.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Watcharena: 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
EconomistXplain:

till date iraq is better thsn Nigeria...as for libya..u all dont know the US wasnt involved in Libya at all...it was led by NATO countries, france nd Brittain....US probided just logistics nd again...

libya refused to end the war instead dividing the country into zones led by warlords...that is why thay still hv an issue
Iraq was better than Nigeria before at the same time it was a regional power it could defend it self from attack from it neighborhood and make independent policy for if self ,but it can't do that today. You said NATO did the destruction in Libya not US but then US is a NATO member if you don't see it as a leader in NATO
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Lovelife433(m): 5:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
Axis313:
For those juvenile Nigerians supporting the coupists because they hate Tinubu,I pray you guys will soon be deported to Niger to enjoy military government,at least once in your lifetime.
Those of us that experienced military rule during Abacha and Babangida era,won't pray for military junta again.
daddy can you just shut up for once?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

2015 Elections: Nigeria In Pictures / Fani-Kayode Criticizes Presidency Over Rejecting US Recognition Of Jerusalem / Shocking Video Offa Community Totally Rejecting Saraki- KMC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.