Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,275 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger (28253 Views)

Caption This Photo Of Okorocha And President Buhari In Aso Rock / Ogun 2019: Ladi Adebutu's Supporters Throw Weight Behind Dapo Abiodun - Thisday / Afenifere Throws Weight Behind Buhari/osinbajo, say Atiku's Backers are usurpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BigBashiru: 7:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
Creeper:
It’s really interesting to see all these ignorant Nigerians on Twitter and on here talking about how Nigerian army will defeat Niger within hours. I don’t even think these people studied geography in school because if they did - they won’t make such a ludicrous statement.

Niger is bigger than Nigeria. And Nigeria, a country struggling to contain ragtag Islamists, bandits and separatists shouldn’t be interfering in other countries. Heck, Nigeria struggled in a very small country like Sierra Leone and it took the intervention of British forces (they had to intervene 3 times) to bring normalcy to that country.

Niger coupists have the support of the Wagner forces in Mali, Burkina Faso and Guinea. And Algeria has also joined the fray with support for the coupists. Nigeria needs to stay out of it.

Tinubu, don’t be a western puppet - buy time and use diplomacy. Nigerian army would absolutely get wrecked and disgraced in Niger. Even the French would get wrecked if Algeria is fully committed to supporting the coupists. Stay out of it!

Tinubu is a western puppet obviously....doesn't he go to FRANCE of all places for medical treatment.....

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Heroicvic(m): 7:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
tunjilana:

I dont know how old you are but the military isnt the cure for poverty and corruption, it has never bn and will never be. Infact nothing is as fulfilling as the power to remove a leader or party u dont like, every four years. Perhaps you are a Peter Obi supporter and being emotional but guess what, under military regime, Peter Obi wont even be able to gather any political momentum, both the good, bad, ugly will be in exile or quietly face their business.... The bad part of it is that their wont be an end date, it will be from one coup to another, while the developed countries use the coups to put whoever they want in power and summarily kill off those they dont want.

Most of Nigeria's woes are still traceable to military regimes which we had to endure from 1966 to 1999 with only 4 years of delicate democracy in between

Democracy is still the best form of govt and should be supported even if flawed

As agbado muncher that you're, you didn't even bother to read and comprehend 😂

In which part did I mention that I support the military rule

Don't quote me again
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BigBashiru: 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
Creeper:
It’s really interesting to see all these ignorant Nigerians on Twitter and on here talking about how Nigerian army will defeat Niger within hours. I don’t even think these people studied geography in school because if they did - they won’t make such a ludicrous statement.

Niger is bigger than Nigeria. And Nigeria, a country struggling to contain ragtag Islamists, bandits and separatists shouldn’t be interfering in other countries. Heck, Nigeria struggled in a very small country like Sierra Leone and it took the intervention of British forces (they had to intervene 3 times) to bring normalcy to that country.

Niger coupists have the support of the Wagner forces in Mali, Burkina Faso and Guinea. And Algeria has also joined the fray with support for the coupists. Nigeria needs to stay out of it.

Tinubu, don’t be a western puppet - buy time and use diplomacy. Nigerian army would absolutely get wrecked and disgraced in Niger. Even the French would get wrecked if Algeria is fully committed to supporting the coupists. Stay out of it!

Niger borders Algeria. French presence in Niger is not in Algerias best interests. Algeria defeated France in war of independence and Algeria has the highest military arsenal in Africa probably because of what they went thru in the hands of France.

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Heroicvic(m): 7:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
GUNITGuy:

I don't know whether they are not seeing the results of the so called democracy

I tire

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Heroicvic(m): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
egbetokuns:

Do you pray or agitate for coup in Nigeria? Don’t be surprise that the same military you pray to take over will arrest your last election candidate or assassinate him. How can u trust soldiers to the point to take over your country. You don’t love your country. Loosing election doesn’t mean your candidate will not win next time. The same Buhari lost many times before he became president.

Please read to comprehend
Your teachers did/are doing a bad job
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by ivolt: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
Creeper:

A country's army strength is not determined by its size but population and finance.
If you are smart, you would realize that there is a difference between rebel or terrorist groups
doing hit and run and national army.
Niger will be defeated within days and the illiterate generals will flee.
When the capital fall and it will fall so fast, that will be the end.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by EngGandalf: 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
Bro honestly I am happy for NIGER....Nigeria is due for such revolution....you can't keep on scamming people all in the name of demoCRAZY ....they claim military regime is a no way to go about it then tell me the difference between the civilian rule and military rule. Infact ,civilian rule is the worst...I HAVE MY A MILLION REASONS FOR SAYING THAT
Have you ever lived in a military rule? As u dey do move around for Naija freely no sweet you ba? God forbid military rule my bro.. democracy is a lesser evil…

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BOYS2MEN: 7:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
First comot dirty wey dey ur eyes before u comot another person own...all of dem for ECOWAS wey dey claim demoCRAZY head of states never acquired power without a coup as you are aware election rigging and terms elongation are also part of coups.....besides Nigerians as well as other African countries shouldn't be the one to decide for the republic of niger....UNU NO KNOW WETIN PEOPLW OF NIGER DON USE EYES SEE WEY MAKE DEM CHANGE GOVERNMENT....so niger should breath....
EngGandalf:

Have you ever lived in a military rule? As u dey do move around for Naija freely no sweet you ba? God forbid military rule my bro.. democracy is a lesser evil…
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BOYS2MEN: 7:25pm On Jul 31, 2023
If at your age you still haven't gotten a house of your own, with your family and you meeting up atleast 65-70 percent of their needs...then you are obviously demoCRAZY....know diz and know peace. cool... might probably be among those waiting for PALLIATIVES..ndi ALA ndi ala😁
Cromagnon:
how many times had military changed any country
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
whitemand4:

Exactly because the US is now becoming useless in the major world geopolitics and economy. BRICS with no dollar transaction has crumbled them.

Proof? You guys keep screaming about supposed de-dollarization but are the only ones talking about it. Meanwhile, your own Naira is getting weaker by the minute. BRIC currencies are still weaker than the dollar and if the US economy ever crumbles, Nigeria and a big part of the world would experience instant economic crumbling. Nigeria gets over $700 million in US aid every year, add in remittances and other monies dependent on the US economy and Nigeria will sink lower than ever. BRICS isn’t coming to rescue you, they consider your nation too much of a liability.
Let’s see how South Africa fairs when the US pulls their aid and sanctions them.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BOYS2MEN: 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
The banned social media and yet ppl still dey give update of wetin dey happen for dia...mtcheww abeg carry dat junky gossip go one side...niger has made their choice , they know what they want...u wey dey Nigeria dey wail and hope for yeye palliatives..na u dey try decide for ppl wey know wetin dem see before dem change government....
dmangodwin:

You think so.
The military that has immediately ban use of social media
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BOYS2MEN: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
Your civilian president no ban the use of tweeter Hypocrites dem!!!
dmangodwin:

You think so.
The military that has immediately ban use of social media
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by engrchykae(m): 7:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
Since the days of west Africa frontier force,the job of Africa political and military class have been to bully unwilling slaves.
From the Niger company to our so-called democracy.
We went to Congo to fight for the benefit of Belgium
We went to Liberia to fight for the benefit of USA
We went to Sierra Leone to fight for USA
We went to Mali in 2011 for France economic interest
Now we are backing as the usual slave dog that Nigeria is.
We looked away when the West ransacked Libya

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by planetx: 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
I said it here the day the ultimatum was issued and a no fly zone instituted, that it was the US going to enforce the no fly zone and the boldness of the ultimatum by Ecowas was from the US not Ecowas just waking up from their slumber. I also said expect President Bazoum to be reinstated before the 7 days ultimatum expires.

1 Like

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BOYS2MEN: 7:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
Trust me this guys aid lots of corruption in Africa...claimed they gave you independence but yet they left corruption for you guys...with large in flow of Africans to the European states for greener pastures Still shows how demoCRAZY Africans are....they placed their supervisors (African leaders) over Africans.....#NIGERHASSEENTHELIGHT
EteBabaagba222:

You just say the truth. West is the problem of Africa. We are hungry, you are not bother but you want our oppressors to countine.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Ofodirinwa: 7:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
engrchykae:
Since the days of west Africa frontier force,the job of Africa political and military class have been to bully unwilling slaves.
From the Niger company to our so-called democracy.
We went to Congo to fight for the benefit of Belgium
We went to Liberia to fight for the benefit of USA
We went to Sierra Leone to fight for USA
We went to Mali in 2011 for France economic interest
Now we are backing as the usual slave dog that Nigeria is.
We looked away when the West ransacked Libya

uh oh, you're making too much sense
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by engrchykae(m): 7:37pm On Jul 31, 2023
NastiLord:
The griller, so u still dey breath wink grin. I disagree with you. The people of Niger are happy with the military regime and I think instead of the West and the good for nothing ECOWAS to escalate the already tensed Niger, they should work and sypport the military to bring back peace and stability in the country. Let the people's wish be respected.
You have time to quote the shameless griller?
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Litmus: 7:38pm On Jul 31, 2023
I guess that even if Nigeria does nothing, France will intervene, causing anarchy in our backyard.Therefore, whichever way you cut it, the huge problems some of us anticipated with worry concerning Sahelian terrorism moving down from the Sahara open spaces into West Africa, will still occur by another means thanks to France.

Nigeria should not fall for South Africa's covert goading. Let them lead AU into the Niger trap France is plotting. Let Nigeria be economic power house big brother, not the blood sacrificing one.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Kabiru907: 7:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
I am beginning to believe that these westerners are the reason why Africa has been backwards in terms of democracy....the type of democracy we have here in Africa , especially west Africa is DEMOCRAZY.....the military fit come change niger , u never can tell
We call it (DeadMoreCrazy)!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by engrchykae(m): 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

uh oh, you're making too much sense
Nigeria must die for Africa to live
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
Cromagnon:
how many times had military changed any country

For the worse, many times. Niger gets $2 billion in foreign assistance every year and the financial support to Niger has been suspended. I wonder how people think that a nation that was already struggling will be better off with no money flowing into the country from its usual benefactors?
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BOYS2MEN: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
grin some would call it "dem must be crazy"
Kabiru907:
We call it (DeadMoreCrazy)!
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by baralatie(m): 7:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
Litmus:
I guess that even if Nigeria does nothing, France will intervene, causing anarchy in our backyard.Therefore, whichever way you cut it, the huge problems some of us anticipated with worry concerning Sahelian terrorism moving down from the Sahara open spaces into West Africa, will still occur by another means thanks to France.

Nigeria should not fall for South Africa's covert goading. Let them leaf Au into the Niger trap France is plotting. Let Nigeria be economic power house big brother, not the blood sacrificing yob.
France and the us have strategic military bases in Nigeria
And France is pounding to send in a task force.
It is a problem the Niger coup plotters are posing for the ECOWAS region
On the one hand it is tackling insurgency and now foreign military bases.
So Nigeria can only be diplomatic.nigeria engaging in a military bloodshed in far away Nigeria is totally anti progress
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by baralatie(m): 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

For the worse, many times. Niger gets $2 billion in foreign assistance every year and the financial support to Niger has been suspended. I wonder how people think that a nation that was already struggling will be better off with no money flowing into the country from its usual benefactors?
France and the US
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by Obzy: 7:52pm On Jul 31, 2023
I stand on the existing comments because all I wish to express has been highlighted.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by whitemand4(m): 7:53pm On Jul 31, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Proof? You guys keep screaming about supposed de-dollarization but are the only ones talking about it. Meanwhile, your own Naira is getting weaker by the minute. BRIC currencies are still weaker than the dollar and if the US economy ever crumbles, Nigeria and a big part of the world would experience instant economic crumbling. Nigeria gets over $700 million in US aid every year, add in remittances and other monies dependent on the US economy and Nigeria will sink lower than ever. BRICS isn’t coming to rescue you, they consider your nation too much of a liability.
Let’s see how South Africa fairs when the US pulls their aid and sanctions them.

I don't argue with people who could not see beyond American visa
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by BigBashiru: 7:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
BOYS2MEN:
Trust me this guys aid lots of corruption in Africa...claimed they gave you independence but yet they left corruption for you guys...with large in flow of Africans to the European states for greener pastures Still shows how demoCRAZY Africans are....they placed their supervisors (African leaders) over Africans.....#NIGERHASSEENTHELIGHT

They did not "give" Africa independence....independence was won by force in Zimbabwe, Algeria and Nigeria....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by baralatie(m): 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
BigBashiru:

They did not "give" Africa independence....independence was won by force in Zimbabwe, Algeria and Nigeria....
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by engrchykae(m): 7:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
blackgold2018:
mugu.. since US cherish democracy so much why don’t they convince UK to abolish their monarchy system. Mugu
they support the monarchy as if their lives depends on it
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by TheBillyonaire: 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
I agree that Democracy is better than Militocracy, but the President MUST agree that France stays banned from accessing Uranium and other resources of Niger's people.

France should be banned from Afrika.
Re: US Throws Weight Behind ECOWAS And President Tinubu On Niger by engrchykae(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
kalemy:
Shut up!
The military regime is far better than this corrupt, criminals hiding under democracy.
imagine 36 governors and 109 senators stealing competitively at the same time?
Abacha is farrr better than these Democratic criminals

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Federal Government Buys 7 New Buses From Innoson For Abuja Airport / Betty Akeredolu's Gift To Children In Ondo State (Photos) / Orji Uzor Kalu's Posters For Presidency Shared By Arewa Group In South-East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.