Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo (23187 Views)

June 12: Markets, Computer Village, Shops Shut In Lagos / 618 Schools Shut In Northern States Over Abduction Scare / Muhammad Musa Bello: Places Of Worship Remain Shut In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by OriOko88(m): 6:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
Amah70:

The worst mumu on NL.
Thats ur elder bro.
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Sapiosexuality(m): 6:18pm On Jul 31, 2023
jmoore:
Monday sit at home has nothing to do with Ekpa. Tuesday, all cities will be busy. The media is aiding Ekpa in his propaganda.
None of his weekly sit at home has ever worked.

I think some people enjoy it. I only read about this sit-at-home online and I stay in Owerri. Imagine shops shut when control, Douglas and wethral was busy today.

It happens sometimes but I've never for once, even at the peak of all the madness, experienced the sit-at-home in Obinze, Avu, or Nekede.

1 Like

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by OriOko88(m): 6:20pm On Jul 31, 2023
Blaze14k:
My mum heard to go away from southeast to my place just to avoid story. It's unfortunate how things are going.
Ur mom must be living peacefully in south west now with you. Yet you lots hv no iota of respect for ur host. All u know is to keep shouting brown roof undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by deltateam: 6:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
PointB:
The government should sped up the trial of MNK. This should be simple enough to do.

By keeping him incercerated without trial, the FG is complicit in this crisis. Most likely they (FG) want it this sit at home to continue.

Which trial? The court discharged and acquitted him but Buhari ignored the court judgement.

2 Likes

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Tmb78(m): 6:31pm On Jul 31, 2023
citee:

So why are the shops not open then…as a neutral person in this matter i really feel sad for the common people whose businesses are impacted every Monday by this senseless sit at home order. I thought with the handwritten directive from Nnamdi Kanu to end the sit at home that things would return back to normal starting from today. I think the government and security forces have to find a way to reassure the people that it’s safe for people to go about their lawful activities on Monday and every other day. At the moment Simon Ekpa seems to be winning the propaganda battle.
You're crying more than the bereaved sir!
The victims don't see things the way you do. As a matter of fact, some of these people were still saying in other threads that the people of southeast are okay.
That the sit at home can never affect business owners cos they are already billionaires.
May be that's why people like Peter Obi, Ezekwezili, Charlie Boy, Psquare and a host of other celebrities from that region are comfortably silent.
Please, as a neutral person like you called yourself, why not borrow a leaf from the above mentioned people and look the other way too.

Shalom!
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by saysoo: 6:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
Insecurity:
Sit-at-home order: Shops shut in Imo

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/sit-at-home-order-shops-shut-in-imo
the last report I got from the streets is that the people want hope. But it might not be hope Uzodimma? There is only one hope Uzodimma. Oga Hope how far?
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by benitwater(m): 6:40pm On Jul 31, 2023
Day 1🤣
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Segzy19: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Eyah!
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Blaze14k: 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
OriOko88:

Ur mom must be living peacefully in south west now with you. Yet you lots hv no iota of respect for ur host. All u know is to keep shouting brown roof undecided

Lol who told I'm in southwest? Don't kid urself
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by PointB: 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2023
deltateam:

Which trial? The court discharged and acquitted him but Buhari ignored the court judgement.

Let's pretend the goverment has a case against him. They said he's a terrorist and commited treason, shouldn't they try him and pass judgement. Aren't Nigerians the same people who said that Aguiyi Ironsi kept coup plotters for 6 months without trying them for which case they murdered him. Why is Kanu, alleged to have comitted treason, not been tried speedily?

The only reason is that the FG is benefiting from the crisis his incerceration without trial is causing.

If they have no reason to hold him, they they should obey their own court and release him. Otherwise, it's only a matter of time before this crisis engulf other part of Nigeria. Troubles, like humans are like water, and they have a way of flowing downstream following path of least resistance.
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by ChristianMuslim: 7:10pm On Jul 31, 2023
Finland govt should help us to extradict mr simon to Nigeria, we have a family discussion with him.. Pls simon and kanu should be hanged on a Monday at Onitsha main market once and for all.. lets know where we are going from there

1 Like

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Abufo: 7:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
jmoore:
Monday sit at home has nothing to do with Ekpa. Tuesday, all cities will be busy. The media is aiding Ekpa in his propaganda.

Of course it is propaganda! the end justifies the means........to cut to the chase ...kindly ask Aso rock to release Kanu!
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Tomek09(m): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
FG should speed up trial of Kanu and equally release him. Period
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Tomek09(m): 7:13pm On Jul 31, 2023
SouthEast needs healing.

1 Like

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by frog12: 7:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
how come SE states no get security network like the ones in SW?
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Calitoscassius(m): 7:32pm On Jul 31, 2023
Sit at home continues, Free Mazi Kanu!

Simon Ekpa is God!
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Maobichek: 7:47pm On Jul 31, 2023
citee:

So why are the shops not open then…as a neutral person in this matter i really feel sad for the common people whose businesses are impacted every Monday by this senseless sit at home order. I thought with the handwritten directive from Nnamdi Kanu to end the sit at home that things would return back to normal starting from today. I think the government and security forces have to find a way to reassure the people that it’s safe for people to go about their lawful activities on Monday and every other day. At the moment Simon Ekpa seems to be winning the propaganda battle.

The truth remains that government both at the state and the federal level will achieve a whole lot if they engage the Church in a bid to stop "sit at home" in the South East.

Government neglecting Churches like Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Assemblies, Presbyterian etc is the reason why sit at home continuous. The influence of these Orthodox/protestants Churches on their members is important.

Using Nigerian Army, Police, DSS will only instill fear in the ppl, let the Churches be engaged and the Bishops/Rev/Ministers do the work, sit at home will be a thing of the past.
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Amah70: 7:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
Dbestbrest:
Government must provide security first for the people and not behaving like throwing them under a moving bus. When government shows practicality with action, people will come out to do their businesses. The sit-at-home affects the people more than the government. Chikena

It's hard to understand why Nigeria's leaders refuse to stop the sit at home thing in the SE. Don't they understand that we fought Boko Haram with Nigeria armed forces? Why would Senate President Akpabio refer to the governors of the SE states regarding the criminal sit at home orders?
Don't they understand that undermining the Igbo that's one of the three largest ethnic groups in Nigeria amounts to shooting Nigeria on the feet?
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Chucks13: 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Keep it up booys we are enjoying it how you chose self destruction path and for your onformation Tinubu will not release Kanu so pls shut your region down if you like your choice though.

2 Likes

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by fabolouz1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
It's only a fool that keeps doing the same thing and expect different result .
For the best part of ex - president buhari era, the sit at home was enforced and that so called biafra angel was not released his people loses millions on sales ,what make them think he will be released now?
Even if he dies in custody , nothing will happen.
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Dspsalvate: 8:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
Biafra War : 1967 ........Biafra sit at home
Who Throw This Stone?
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Emola12(m): 9:48pm On Jul 31, 2023
jmoore:

are you from East
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Emola12(m): 9:50pm On Jul 31, 2023
ijaw1stson:
Na wa

Simon Ekpa is a big fool. And the idiot will be going to work over there in Finland. Lol
Simon ekpa is not fool if not all dos useless human who called Demsef IPOB member

1 Like

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by yarimo(m): 10:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
PointB:
The government should sped up the trial of MNK. This should be simple enough to do.

By keeping him incercerated without trial, the FG is complicit in this crisis. Most likely they (FG) want it this sit at home to continue.
sit at home must continue it's good for south east
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by OyinO: 10:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
Curious345:
Pursuant to it's objection of the spiralling rise in the price of pms , the NLC should have adopted the sit at home protest method to drive down its plans .

By calling on all Nigerians to sit at home for 2 weeks , the FG will indeed be shutdown and the president bend

NLC is a mere paper tiger. Far more useless than tissue paper.
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by kokorokoman: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
Amah70:

The worst mumu on NL. Govt is in charge of security every day and every where. How come a few boys with guns enforcing sit at home would overpower the close to a million people of Nigeria's security forces?
ah ah, but Igbos said the sit at home is voluntary and they are enjoying it na.

1 Like

Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Lingudy(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
Chucks13:
Keep it up booys we are enjoying it how you chose self destruction path and for your onformation Tinubu will not release Kanu so pls shut your region down if you like your choice though.
This thing is nonsense, and I was surprised Nigerian government including the south east leaders are folding their hands and looking on.
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Jesubaby: 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
Seriously; I never still understand this sit-at -home matter o. Sit at home doing what? Why suffering your own people?
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Feggie3: 1:40am On Aug 01, 2023
osuofia2:

Blame the govt and leave the perpetrators are usual. It is well.
You are totally mad if you want to sideline or negate this simple truth
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by Namigotalktru: 7:35am On Aug 01, 2023
They should have it everyday except Sundays. That’s the best idea. Then the ones that have run to other cities should go home and live it there happily
Re: Sit-at-home Order: Shops Shut In Imo by occfx: 7:42am On Aug 01, 2023
Insecurity:
Sit-at-home order: Shops shut in Imo

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/sit-at-home-order-shops-shut-in-imo

Uzodinma don tire

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

States In Nigeria With The Most Civilized Citizens / "I Stand By My Words, Buhari Is Incorruptible" - Wole Oyelese / Alex Badeh’s Driver Is Alive, Investigations Underway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.