Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,882 members, 7,813,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 (36088 Views)

Muideen Olalekan Tells Senate He Is A Card Carrying Member Of APC / ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate / Ministerial Screening: Read What Abia State Nominee, Uche Ogah, Told Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Clinton14(m): 6:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
sketcherJ:
Hmmn am I the only one not getting it? He can’t start his primary school at the age of 4? Or maybe it was rare in the 80s?

The tale of you can’t start school unless your hand can touch the other hair or something? Lol

I actually started my primary education at 3 years,being a teachers son,and that was in 1982 even though i repeated the class thereby making it 4 years,i don't see what the problem is.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by dshe: 6:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
I was born in 1980 too and started my primary school in 1984. I can totally prove it.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Ofemmanu1: 6:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
Akaegwu:
He may be right. I started at 5
I started at 5 too, while my junior brother started at 4!
Mum was a Pry school teacher then.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by emilo2bad: 6:55pm On Jul 31, 2023
Akaegwu:
yeah I started at 5 in 1980
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by donbenie(m): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2023
ozehlaw:
It's actually reasonable
Not at the time, it's not..
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by ogaemma: 7:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
Is possible.
I started primary one 4+. I was enrolled in primary one in April, while I completed 5 in September same year.

Some children have the privilege of going to school very early in life.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Meteng: 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
They’ll still clear him naw, so what’s the hullabaloo about?
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by CLEVER123(m): 7:16pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lai Mohammed must be very proud of this og
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by juman(m): 7:28pm On Jul 31, 2023
In the thread, many testified to it, they started primary school at that age.
That is why you see fourteen-fifteen years old in university studying.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Ashirioluwa: 7:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
sketcherJ:
Hmmn am I the only one not getting it? He can’t start his primary school at the age of 4? Or maybe it was rare in the 80s?

The tale of you can’t start school unless your hand can touch the other hair or something? Lol

Of course, one can start school at age 4. It’s not about the age he was when he started his primary education, but the 1980 date of birth the man is claiming doesn’t tally with what he wrote in his CV.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by thedio(m): 7:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
Akaegwu:
No it's not possible in the 80s when u would be asked to put ur hands across ur heads to cover ur ear
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2023
Kenosky1:
OKAY. He must have been a genius. grin grin
what's special in starting primary school at age 4...

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by accountantben: 7:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
But his CV is saying a different thing. Who do we offend in this country? Politicians are the problem of this country.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by snoopz: 7:45pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lol see Abba Moro using English to cover up for forgery and falsification
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Blitzking: 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
Tale of you use one lie to defend another lie
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Akaegwu(m): 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2023
thedio:

No it's not possible in the 80s when u would be asked to put ur hands across ur heads to cover ur ear
I disagree with you. I was born in 1980. @5 I was in primary school in 1985. My younger brother joined @4 in 1986. This was what my older siblings told me. It was before Nigerian civil war. After that war, such measures was banished. I finished secondary school @17, while my younger brother @16.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Monday60655(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
What is wrong there or even bringing an uproar. Is absolutely possible for one to start primary school at the age of four. Because I started primary school at that same age.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by thedio(m): 8:06pm On Jul 31, 2023
Akaegwu:
I disagree with you. I was born in 1980. @5 I was in primary school in 1985. My younger brother joined @4 in 1986. This was what my older siblings told me. It was before Nigerian civil war. After that war, such measures was banished. I finished secondary school @17, while my younger brother @16.
Perhaps its depends on ur geo political zone. I started at age 5 in 1988 same yr with my elder sister cos she was rejected the previous yr due to her small stature. I was admitted cos I am tall and could write. I was the youngest in that schl. I finished sec schl at age 16 also
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by osomegbe(m): 8:09pm On Jul 31, 2023
We have a serious problem in Nigeria. Foreigners are graduating at 15-16years and we are arguing 4 years in basic 1. He is a professor at less than 45 and an Engr. Why would a technocrat argue that simple analogy for goodness sake.
I FORGOT WE HAVE WASTED BRAINS IN THE ..LLOWED CHAMBERS.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by osomegbe(m): 8:14pm On Jul 31, 2023
Ashirioluwa:

Of course, one can start school at age 4. It’s not about the age he was when he started his primary education, but the 1980 date of birth the man is claiming doesn’t tally with what he wrote in his CV.
No sir. It tallied with what he wrote. People just don't believe you can enter school at years. Some 4 years are bigger and taller than 6 years children. Touching your opposite ear is a factor of your height. It is very possible and should not be argued

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by alabo1: 8:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
dre11:

https://leadership.ng/uproar-in-senate-as-benue-ministerial-nominee-says-he-started-primary-school-at-age-4/

I started at 4. Entered University at 16 and graduated at 20. What's the big deal?

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by adecz: 8:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
I think most of the people in
strategic political positions come
from rural backgrounds where you
don't start school until you are 7 to 8
years old..

I don't really see the big deal about
someone starting primary at 4.

An auntie of mine, born in the mid 70s
started secondary school at the age 9
so, she couldn't have started primary school
later than 4 years & then spent only
5 years in primary during the era of 7 years
primary.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Toktee(m): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2023
001Lagos:
Looks like he forged his credentials
What do you expect from him when his principal in Aso rock can't even remembered any of his classmates.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Dspsalvate: 8:36pm On Jul 31, 2023
I just heard some rumors that they are going to increase fuel pump price again...... Anyone with such info please?
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Zezco(m): 8:43pm On Jul 31, 2023
It's possible because those private schools don't follow public school rules on age then.

I started secondary at the age of 11 and I have classmates who are 8 and 9 years in j.s.s one class in 90's.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by tete7000(m): 8:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
erniok:

It started in 1973. Anyone born in the 80's knows this.

6-3-3-4 started in 1973? I don't think you know what 6-3-3-4 is, no need to argue with you.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by gawu1: 8:51pm On Jul 31, 2023
What is the problem with being borned 1980 and starting primary school at age 4?
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Preator: 9:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
Owaincouncil:
I smile in Japanese.
So he got to pry 1 at age 4, entered jss 1 at 9.
Well it is possible as I have seen such before.
The lady finished ss3 at 14.

Quite possible. I finished ss3 at 15.

Had someone who finished BSc at 19 in my set

Must have been rare then
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by bonnyhope: 9:01pm On Jul 31, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:
Hmmmm, it's reasonable na, or is there something I'm missing

They have forgotten that those days there was no nursery, it was just straight to primary
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by mechanics(m): 9:04pm On Jul 31, 2023
Hmmmm
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Angelicqueen(f): 9:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
Forgers thats it

oluwaseyi0 post=124786408]What are we going to call this now[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

APC Agent Stabbed To Death By Cultists After Osun Election. Graphic Photos / 4 RCCG Kidnapped Members Rescued By Police In Ogun / NAF Helicopter Gunship Destroys Illegal Oil Refineries In Rivers State. See PICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.