Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,970 members, 7,814,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 (36089 Views)

Muideen Olalekan Tells Senate He Is A Card Carrying Member Of APC / ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate / Ministerial Screening: Read What Abia State Nominee, Uche Ogah, Told Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by casualobserver: 9:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
Zezco:
It's possible because those private schools don't follow public school rules on age then.

I started secondary at the age of 11 and I have classmates who are 8 and 9 years in j.s.s one class in 90's.

There was no rule on age in the 1970s, talk less 1980s. This nonsense and myth about touching one’s ears happened in the colonial era, when education was introduced into Nigeria and there were no records of birth.

This is Late Senator Gbenga Aluko, father of footballer Eni Aluko Professor Sam Aluko’s son he graduated at 19. Which means he entered university at 15, which means he entered secondary school at 10, which means he started primary school at 4. He was born in 1963. Please note he had his primary schooling in the 1960s, so clearly even In the 1960s people were entering primary school at age 4.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gbenga_Aluko

Cc: @phemmyfour

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by udemzyudex(m): 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2023
Most of these guys up there won't be where they are in this current situation of the country.

Most of them forge their documents and some were lucky because the competition back then wasn't that much.

So they use the opportunity to achieve whatever they wanted to with little or not stress.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Fgwa: 9:39pm On Jul 31, 2023
001Lagos:
Looks like he forged his credentials

Forged what?
Is 4 years not enough to start primary education? Was it an abomination?
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by engrchykae(m): 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2023
Civilian democracy
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by olisaEze(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2023
Akaegwu:
I disagree with you. I was born in 1980. Didn't experience this tale's by the moonlight.

You were born in the 80s, you didn’t go to school in the 80s. So keep quiet when ur seniors are speaking! grin
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by honeyB2018: 10:03pm On Jul 31, 2023
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by ajidikun: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2023
001Lagos:
yes ooooo,he is probably born 1978 or 1977,for him to finish primary 1989.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Sendaros20000(m): 10:22pm On Jul 31, 2023
Monday60655:
What is wrong there or even bringing an uproar. Is absolutely possible for one to start primary school at the age of four. Because I started primary school at that same age.

I was born in 1995 and I started primary school in 1998.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by OyinO: 10:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
Some Nairalanders are the most Mumuic people I have ever seen. So you want to tell me that someone cannot start primary 1 at the age of 4? Yeye
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Ashirioluwa: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2023
osomegbe:

No sir. It tallied with what he wrote. People just don't believe you can enter school at years. Some 4 years are bigger and taller than 6 years children. Touching your opposite ear is a factor of your height. It is very possible and should not be argued

These days, most kids start primary school at age 4 or 5, and they are done with high school before age 14 or 15.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by KingLion007(m): 10:44pm On Jul 31, 2023
oluwaseyi0:
What are we going to call this now
White lies
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Akaegwu(m): 10:58pm On Jul 31, 2023
olisaEze:

You were born in the 80s, you didn’t go to school in the 80s. So keep quiet when ur seniors are speaking! grin
You lack comprehension. From 85 to 91 is not in the 80's. Just listen to yourself. You sounds like a kid.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by prophetfire: 11:00pm On Jul 31, 2023
sketcherJ:
Hmmn am I the only one not getting it? He can’t start his primary school at the age of 4? Or maybe it was rare in the 80s?

The tale of you can’t start school unless your hand can touch the other hair or something? Lol
I see nothing abnormal there. I see such.
What's the uproar about?
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Titogbanski: 11:07pm On Jul 31, 2023
It is possible for the children of the younger generation. Na those days you must reach 6 years
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Lingudy(m): 11:12pm On Jul 31, 2023
tinsel:

Is it strange to start primary 1 at 4 years?
Then it's obvious such person didn't pass through nursery school
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by tinsel: 11:21pm On Jul 31, 2023
Lingudy:

Then it's obvious such person didn't pass through nursery school
Must you pass through nursery ?
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by AfonjaPriest: 11:24pm On Jul 31, 2023
It's not unusual. I know a girl who was 8yrs old when she got admitted into JSS 1. The unusual thing was that she was in the same class with two of her siblings who are older than her. She was always doing well academically to the extent of being in a position above one of her siblings.
Some things are difficult to explain. You can only observe and try to ascertain the reasons behind their attributes or properties.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Lingudy(m): 11:29pm On Jul 31, 2023
tinsel:

Must you pass through nursery ?
In those days (remember he said he started school in 1984), I think it's a must
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Kennydoc(m): 11:30pm On Jul 31, 2023
I can't see any big deal there. I also started primary school at 4 and finished at 10. It was actually common in the late 80s and 90s.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by CarlsJaz567(m): 12:52am On Aug 01, 2023
Dandat:
At the time of his birth its almost impossible to start school at that age cause of the law which states your hands must pass your head to touch the other shoulders. So clearly he is lying

Uh, there is a huge degree of ignorance in the land! People are jumping to conclusions about the ministerial nominee's documents being forged!

That rule you mentioned happened a lot earlier for most parts of Southern Nigeria (50s, 60s) and not in the 80s. I started school at 3 years of age in 1975, since my mum was a teacher, and my parents made me repeat primary 1 even though I passed the promotion exam by their choice. Quite a few fellow school teachers' children in my situation did not repeat any classes but left secondary school at 14 years of age! I left at 15 years since we did not go through the 6-3-3-4 system of education!

This was common for children of teachers in Ondo State at the time, and there were no nursery schools to cause unnecessary delays! Many of my close friends, who were sired by teachers, graduated from secondary schools between the ages of 14 and 16 years by 1987!
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Yestogood: 1:33am On Aug 01, 2023
sketcherJ:
Hmmn am I the only one not getting it? He can’t start his primary school at the age of 4? Or maybe it was rare in the 80s?

The tale of you can’t start school unless your hand can touch the other hair or something? Lol
In my case, my uncle was teaching in the school, my senior siblings were attending, and so I didn't want to stay at home.
My hand didn't teach around to my ear. But I was given admission to primary 1 at 3 years plus, just to stop me from crying.
I came 3rd that first term, and 1st the 2nd term. So they forgot about me.
I was in form 1 before 9 years if age.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Yestogood: 1:35am On Aug 01, 2023
001Lagos:

No. He only reduced his age so as to last some extra years in service before mandatory retirement at age 60.
That being said, it's still a crime that should disqualify him from the ministerial appointment.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by BluntCrazeMan: 2:15am On Aug 01, 2023
I've seen someone who entered University at age-14..

Even the restrictions of 16-yrs-minimum from JAMB didn't stop her..
She graduated from University at 18yrs.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Desusi: 3:04am On Aug 01, 2023
sketcherJ:

ORISIRISI.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Nemesis08(m): 4:26am On Aug 01, 2023
Exactly, I was rejected at 4 for being too small. I came back the next year when I was 5 to enroll in primary school.
sketcherJ:

Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Druss(m): 5:32am On Aug 01, 2023
Owaincouncil:
I smile in Japanese.
So he got to pry 1 at age 4, entered jss 1 at 9.
Well it is possible as I have seen such before.
The lady finished ss3 at 14.

I don't get the impossibility. I was 9 yrs old crossing over to 10 years old in JSS2. It depends on how many classes jumped. I jumped at least 2 classes.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by stormborn28(m): 7:08am On Aug 01, 2023
Eyinola1:
What's uproar abt that? I started my primary school at the age of 4 too, finished secondary school at d age of 16

In the 80s ?.. Young man don't say what you don't know.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by papae1(m): 7:19am On Aug 01, 2023
001Lagos:
And he's engr n Prof... Hmm
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Leahing: 7:30am On Aug 01, 2023
I started at 4. At 10 I was in Jss1
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by optimusprime2(m): 7:46am On Aug 01, 2023
I started primary school at 4 as well, what is the uproar about?

Infact it's a normal thing for 4 year olds to be in primary 1 these days.
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Slurity(m): 8:54am On Aug 01, 2023
sketcherJ:

it is practically impossible in those days
Re: Ministerial Nominee, Joseph Utsev, Told Senate He Started Primary School At 4 by Slurity(m): 8:55am On Aug 01, 2023
optimusprime2:
I started primary school at 4 as well, what is the uproar about?

Infact it's a normal thing for 4 year olds to be in primary 1 these days.
i bet your age is still bellow 50. It is practically imposssible for you to start at eve age 6 in those days because of the rules

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NAF Helicopter Gunship Destroys Illegal Oil Refineries In Rivers State. See PICS / This Is Why Buhari's Government Is Failing - Ango Abdullahi / "Jega Will Go, Heavens Won't Fall" - Ayo Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.