Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,659 members, 7,840,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

We Have Seen War - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have Seen War (178 Views)

Dr Chinelo's Death: Joyebeneza, The Most Heartless Tweet I Have Seen On Twitter / Tinubu: Nigerians Have Seen Ancestors Dressing As Youths Before - Adeyanju / Have You Seen War! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Have Seen War by fuckJones(f): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2023
Diplomacy is better but don't joke with ECOMOG ARMY; Don't play with Nigeria.

“ The cost of peace is cheaper than the price of war.”

All Five (5) countries that Nigeria share borders with speak French. Only three (3) of these countries are in the ECOWAS. Chad and Cameron are in the Central Africa region. But here is the fantastic dichotomy: Niger and Chad are much more extensive compared to Nigeria, but Nigeria has a much larger population than them all.

Nigeria has always played a senior brother's role in the West African region and the whole of Africa. So, despite the flexing by the militia in Niger, Burkina Faso, and anywhere else. The Nigerian army, expertise and the combined effort of the entire ECOWAS forces can handle any situation without much stress. 

I have travelled to nearly all the ECOWAS countries and lived in some. The truth is, everybody knows who the boss is in the region. But there is a twist. The share 223,806,632 population of Nigeria is enough Economy to take care of the rest of the block, but aside from the economic power, Nigeria MUST be respected:

1. Nigeria:
* Active Military Personnel: Approximately 120,000
* Reserve Personnel: Approximately 32,000
* Defense Budget: Roughly $5.1 billion (USD)
* Ideally, Nigeria should have from .02-1% personnel based on the population. That is the global standard
2. Benin:
* Active Military Personnel: Approximately 7,250
* Reserve Personnel: Numbers not readily available
* Defense Budget: Roughly $60 million (USD)
3. Niger:
* Active Military Personnel: Approximately 12,000
* Defense Budget: Roughly $115 million (USD)
4. Chad:
* Active Military Personnel: Approximately 30,000
* Defense Budget: Roughly $275 million (USD)
5. Cameroon:
* Active Military Personnel: Approximately 14,100
* Defense Budget: Roughly $275 million (USD)
Add up the numbers, the equipment, and the budget and tell me if any of the countries might come after Nigeria or flex muscles, except there is a much bigger force from elsewhere stirring the wheel.

In late 1990(s), I had the rare privilege of travelling around West Africa. I lived in Ivory Coast. The war in Liberia was a big part of the lessons I learnt. We had the chance to rescue many people from the Liberia, Cote D'Ivore border of Danane, which is 25 Kilometres from Liberia. Many of the boys and girls are still my brothers and sisters today. Both are from Liberia and Sierra Leone, thanks to Winners Chapel's missions to the region. Many of these guys ended up in Nigeria for university. One is now a Judge in her country, while the other is now in top place in Liberia.

After their rescue, I was the No. 1 friend of all the lads, as after the Pastors of the church then, I am the person to relate with. From 1997, we slept in the same beds and rooms and talked daily. They all are grateful for Nigeria's intervention and adore Nigeria and Nigerians for life. Their lives were ruined in many ways. Many could not trace their parents to date; some could not trace their siblings. 

Those wars were not because of their political difference or ethnic bigotries. The wars use their differences as a bate and a tool.

What is my point exactly: 

1. Dont underestimate Nigeria 
2. No one in the block will dare Nigeria. 
3. Don't celebrate Military Intervention. 
4. Don't wish for war - Most people will lose what they have left.
5. Don't fuel agitations. You really can't handle the fire 
6. Let nobody deceive or scare you about Nigeria's activation of the ECOMOG force for intervention anywhere. They capable against all the forces put together.

They are capable and more than capable. Unless they are fighting a proxy

It is working...

1 Like

Re: We Have Seen War by DenreleDave(m): 10:23am On Aug 01, 2023
Trash

Nigeria is not joining any war

(1) (Reply)

ECOWAS Defence Chiefs Meet In Abuja Today / LABOUR PROTEST: Protesters Break NASS Gate, Force Way Into Premises / N110bn On Bulletproof Cars: SERAP Drags Akpabio, Abass To Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.