Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,427 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. (12403 Views)

How Do I Become A Car Dealer? / Man Destroys Maserati Because He Was Angry With Dealer (photos) / Beware Of Car Dealer Francismic. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. by Fhemmmy: 8:40pm On Oct 13, 2011
debosky:

No be lie. . .hear am. grin

I remember those days. . . .you'll need about 10-15 mins to defrost your car and get rid of all the snow before you can go anywhere. You'd definitely spend longer outside just getting the car ready than the time it'll take you to walk to work. grin

My Brother, that is why these days aint complaining with Mid October weather oh . . . . . .
Re: The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. by logica(m): 3:22am On Oct 14, 2011
Liberté:

Not to disrupt the spirit of this thread but I'm actually interested in the process of transferring ownership in the case of buying Registered Naija driven cars.
Say I buy one of such cars, how exactly (what document, or something like that) will I be required to execute so I never have problems of proving ownership to our black brothers who call themselves the police?!

For you experienced hands in the trade, is there an agreement that needs to be signed between the old and new owners? if so, is there any readily available structure or format this should take?

Thots and answers,  please!
It's not like the US where you simply sign over the vehicle title. You actually have to process the change of ownership through the auto registration authority. Most people don't bother to do this and even drive around for ages with the registration number at the time of purchase; which the sellers don't usually bother to remove. You must be asking in horror - "What if the car is involved in a crime?" Well, nobody thinks about that, as in Nigeria it apparently doesn't matter. grin
Re: The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. by logica(m): 3:25am On Oct 14, 2011
chaircover:

I Throw a bucket of hot water on the car (They say that the sudden change of temperature can crack the windscreen but touchwood that has never happened to me)  grin
I hope your luck holds up. But the wind-shield is not the only component that can get damaged as a result of the sudden temperature change; it affects every single part of the car (including the body - cracks might appear in the paint on the body) and engine components (as the hot water might run under the hood or bonnet as Britishers like to call it).
Re: The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 14, 2011
Re: The Confessions Of A Crooked Car Dealer. by VolvoS60(m): 12:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
@ Poster,

Good thread. There's some info i'd like from those familiar with continental Europe's used car market though. Autocheck & Carfax serve the US (& UK?) and do help a great deal in VIN checks but so far I haven't seen any thread on NL with details on VIN check authorities in the Netherlands, France, Belgium, Germany etc.

Some car dealers & regular people do buy cars from these countries for use and/or resale in Nigeria, so how do they do their due diligence? Anyone with info on this?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Benz ML320 Good For Nigeria Roads? / Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate / Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.