Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,290 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. (2284 Views)

See Where Southeast States Rank In Economy Due To Sit-at-home / Only 10 Nigerian States Economically Viable, 17 Bankrupt [see Details] / See How Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by Workch: 1:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
IduNaOba:

Have you heard of ụmụ ahịa?
Even unknown places like
Akwete, obohia, ohambele, azumini all in Ụkwa is very very popping.
I'm from Abia state
Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by Workch: 1:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
gidgiddy:

You actually think Sagamu and and Sango are cities? Its even hard to rate Abeokuta as a city
Sagamu and sango is a city by Nigerian standard. They are larger than anything in Abia aside Umuahia and Aba

1 Like

Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by RichDaniels: 4:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
Workch:
Ohafia is not larger than Arochukwu by landmass.

Ohafia is a one way road with another road leading to Edda, Ebonyi at Eben, Ohafia. Ohafia no pass Amekpu, Elu and Ebem and this is like a street in Ijebu ode.

Arochukwu s way bigger. I stayed in Ohafia for a whole Christmas and new year celebration, so I know what I am talking about. Ogun state is more developed.
Ohafia ias about the size of Ijebu Igbo or Ijebu mushin in Ogun state.

The take it or leave it, you're wrong and it's funny how you say it with audacity. Are we talking about landmass or population. When they say Lagos is the largest city in Africa, is it the landmass? First go to school before you start embarrassing yourself. Arochukwu isn't even the fifth or seventh largest city in Abia.

What you also don't know is that Abia state is made up of 17 LGA and 6 LGA make up Aba city (Aba north, Aba South, osisioma, Ukwa east, Ukwa west, Obingwa) these are varying local govt with different cities. Aba South alone has over five cities. So when you say Ogun has more cities, and Abia just has (Aba, Umuahia and Arochukwu) you make me laugh. You don't know Abia state, I'm so sure. Maybe you visit but you do not know it. It's like someone saying to me that Anambra has more cities than Lagos, that Anambra has Nnewi, Onitsha, Awka, and others while Lagos only has Lagos and Ikeja; my response to you would be that you do not know Lagos. Lagos city itself is made up of Surulere, Lagos mainland, V.I, Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Lekki, Ajah, Which in theirselves are independent cities that if you seperate them apart are, for instance V.I, it would flaw Nnewi and Akwa put together. That is the same mistake you're making with Abia and Ogun.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by Omoawoke2(m): 5:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
007kjb:
What is OYO and ogun doing above IMO STATE?

Ogun is second most industrialized state in Nigeria.

Ogun IGR alone is bigger than the entire southeast.

Oyo IGR alone is bigger than Anambra times 2

And the list is even biased. No south east state can match southwest states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by Workch: 6:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
RichDaniels:

The take it or leave it, you're wrong and it's funny how you say it with audacity. Are we talking about landmass or population. When they say Lagos is the largest city in Africa, is it the landmass? First go to school before you start embarrassing yourself. Arochukwu isn't even the fifth or seventh largest city in Abia.

What you also don't know is that Abia state is made up of 17 LGA and 6 LGA make up Aba city (Aba north, Aba South, osisioma, Ukwa east, Ukwa west, Obingwa) these are varying local govt with different cities. Aba South alone has over five cities. So when you say Ogun has more cities, and Abia just has (Aba, Umuahia and Arochukwu) you make me laugh. You don't know Abia state, I'm so sure. Maybe you visit but you do not know it. It's like someone saying to me that Anambra has more cities than Lagos, that Anambra has Nnewi, Onitsha, Awka, and others while Lagos only has Lagos and Ikeja; my response to you would be that you do not know Lagos. Lagos city itself is made up of Surulere, Lagos mainland, V.I, Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Lekki, Ajah, Which in theirselves are independent cities that if you seperate them apart are, for instance V.I, it would flaw Nnewi and Akwa put together. That is the same mistake you're making with Abia and Ogun.
ohafia lga is larger than Arochukwu LGA but ohafia town is not.

Abia has tow places qualified ot be called cities, a Arochukwu and Abiriba as towns. Abiriba is even bigger by size than ohafia.
Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by ezechi242: 7:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
if una smoke that thing wey tinubu shear for una, na to sit down hallucinate about IGBOS then write the nonsense wey una hallucinate about,
the same ogun state wey wey i know or is there another ogun state in the west.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by forgiveness: 7:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
RichDaniels:

Sorry, Its funny how you all would sit at your hope and browse Wikipedia and speak with authority. How can you say Ogun has more cities than Abia, what do you even call a city- Sagamu? My God!

Also, Arochukwu is not the third biggest city in Abia, you see why I say you read Wikipedia and speak nonsense. Aroxhukwu being the 3rd largest city in Abia is a mistake made on Wikipedia. Ohafia is the third largest, besides both Ohafia and Aroxhukwu aren't termed as cities but as villages with well developed structures. I agree with you that Ogun is more industrialized than Abia and Abia is more commercialized. On every other thing, nah, you're wrong. All the "cities" you mentioned are just unproductive villages with industries to fuel their economy. Period!

Apart from Aba, nothing is in Umuahia the second largest and most developed city in Abia state but you can't compare it to Mowe, not to talk of Sagamu or Ota.

Yes, Ogun State is more developed than Abia state. From corridors along Berger down to Iperu toll gate is more developed than Abia state. On the same Corridor is Redemption camp which itself is a city and Mountain of Fire camp among others.
Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by forgiveness: 7:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
RichDaniels:

Aba is big but the whole Abia state is not as developed as Ogun state. Ogun state has more cities than Abia state.

Abeokuta, Mowe Ibafo, Sango Ota, Sagamu, etc
Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by Workch: 7:59pm On Aug 02, 2023
forgiveness:

Aba is big but the whole Abia state is not as developed as Ogun state. Ogun state has more cities than Abia state.

Abeokuta, Mowe Ibafo, Sango Ota, Sagamu, etc
I'm from Abia state but I agree with you.
Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by OVB123: 9:46pm On Aug 02, 2023
Workch:
I think Ogun state is more industrialized than Abia, however abia is more commercialized.

Ogun state has more towns and cities then Abia state. However Aba is bigger and more built than all cities in Ogun state individually but if you consider that Ogun state has Abeokuta, Sagamu, Sango, Agbara, Akute, Mowe, Ibafo, Ijebu ode you will agree with me that Ogun has more towns. For example, Abia has just two cities:Umuahia and Aba. Arochukwu which is Abia's 3ed largest town is way smaller than sango ota, Ijebu ode, Sagamu.
Arochukwu is about same size as Ilaro
You are on point man. Kudos!

1 Like

Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by RichDaniels: 9:44am On Aug 03, 2023
forgiveness:

Apart from Aba, nothing is in Umuahia the second largest and most developed city in Abia state but you can't compare it to Mowe, not to talk of Sagamu or Ota.

Yes, Ogun State is more developed than Abia state. From corridors along Berger down to Iperu toll gate is more developed than Abia state. On the same Corridor is Redemption camp which itself is a city and Mountain of Fire camp among others.

You're seriously comparing Umuahia to Mowe, Sagamu and Ota (Ota with their bad roads) bro you're delusional. Umuahia city centre and it's coordinating towns beat all cities in Ogun hands down with the exclusion of Abeokuta. It makes me laugh when people criticize Abia for having bad roads, even people leaving in Ogun State. Fact check, Ogun has more cities with bad roads than even Kogi and Abia put together. You'll be deceiving yourselves
Re: How Some Nigerian States Rank In Terms Of Development. by OnoVegasBlog: 10:52am On Feb 20
Workch:
I think Ogun state is more industrialized than Abia, however abia is more commercialized.

Ogun state has more towns and cities then Abia state. However Aba is bigger and more built than all cities in Ogun state individually but if you consider that Ogun state has Abeokuta, Sagamu, Sango, Agbara, Akute, Mowe, Ibafo, Ijebu ode you will agree with me that Ogun has more towns. For example, Abia has just two cities:Umuahia and Aba. Arochukwu which is Abia's 3ed largest town is way smaller than sango ota, Ijebu ode, Sagamu.
Arochukwu is about same size as Ilaro

Not really. Urban LGA in Abia State are; Aba North LGA, Aba South LGA, Obingwa LGA, Osisioma LGA (ariaria is located here) Umuahia North LGA, Umuahia South LGA.

Emerging towns, Arochuku LGA, Ugwulagbo LGA,

Emerging communities (not entire LGA) Omoba, Umueka, Igbere etc.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Go To Supreme Court / Yoruba Couple In London,date:23/2/1953 / Protesters Demand For Oduduwa Nation Now, As Protest Erupt In Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.