Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,040 members, 7,821,579 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:19 PM

American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) (63987 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Welcome to the Nigeria
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by PotatoSalad(m): 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
No need for Whataboutery.
This is the pure undiluted truth we've chosen to live in denial in.
If you want to know how bad it is here in Nigeria, travel out of the country even if it's for a week.

3 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Larryndelaw: 1:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
onumadu:
One of the most proven way to know that people are CLINICALLY INSANE in Nigeria is that you see them defending the HELL that is Lagos. lol
If not for the international airport there, I can bet that over 90% of non-Yoruba diaspora Nigerians visiting Nigeria would avoid Lagos totally.
So, this American tourist is spot on.

Still you won't go back to your region. Just let Lagosbe.

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by JuanDeDios: 1:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
Housing:
The lies therein are obvious. One of the wrong conclusion is Google estimated time being 4x. That is not true whenever you on the road and use Google map traffic estimate are also added in fact if the traffic is not up to 10 minutes. It updates traffic along route in every 5minutes I use Google map often and I know this for sure
Yeah, Google map is correct MOST times. Sometimes it does fail and you spend far more time than it estimated AT THE TIME YOU WERE LEAVING HOME.

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
same lagos that tinubu built? grin grin grin what a disgrace
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by frog12: 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
abuja maybe better but you know who spoil lagos?

SmartyPants:

I've travelled all over Nigeria minus the far north but at least I've reached Gombe and Jos. Let's be frank.

Abuja is in a class of its own. By far the best West African city. I would even go further and say Abuja is the best West, East and Central African city.

Then there is Lagos which is a great i some ways and bad in others. It is important to note that many of the things this guy has wrongly identified as markers of poverty are actually just Nigerian behavioural traits. Haggling for tiny sums, pissing in public and so on have nothing to do with poverty.

Ibadan, Enugu, and all other southern capitals minus Yenagoa are more or less in the same bracket but Ibadan is still the first here because it is much bigger than the rest and more cosmopolitan.

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by worksmart(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
And he still stayed 12 days grin

Someone must have detained him in Nigeria for 11 days grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by joeyswift(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
This american is not normal, how can he say the city Tinubu developed and built is the worst place to live. Agbadorians launch attack.

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Blaze14k: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
tommy589:
Welcome to Nigeria grin

When you are not a super hero like Flash,12 days is not enough to tour Nigeria. There are pleasant places you missed

Bros he is talking about the environment in general don't forget he also said gave good remarks about Abuja and some part of lagos

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Dollarboss93: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
WriterNig:
🇺🇸 🤡 🤡

Who be this one again?
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Elzazzi: 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
Housing:
The lies therein are obvious. One of the wrong conclusion is Google estimated time being 4x. That is not true whenever you on the road and use Google map traffic estimate are also added in fact if the traffic is not up to 10 minutes. It updates traffic along route in every 5minutes I use Google map often and I know this for sure

But the others are true na.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by SmartyPants(m): 1:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
frog12:
abuja maybe better but you know who spoil lagos?

Not may bro - Abuja is definitely much better. It's a great place to live if you have a bit of money.

Who spoilt Lagos?

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Morphinne: 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
001Lagos:
This just confirmed the European union council report on Lagos as the worst place to live on earth

Lagos is an over-hyped dirty slum
Yet you and your backward ppl are dying to live in this same “worst place to live” grin

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
Poeple that said they single handedly built Lagos and the ones that are saying ****s should leave their beautiful Lagos and go back to their village,
Una don hearam hope una nyashi don open now, dirty street open defecation and peeing everywhere, this tourist has broken all the tables PATA PATA.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by okoolori(m): 1:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
Taylor90:

Freedom because a Chicago most wanted criminal egos supposed to be chilling in prison is allowed to be president in Nigeria

What a freedom country

The the biggest thief in Nigeria history is the man that was supposed to be jail lifer is the one claiming his manhood lost when he was entrusted with the states fund and he used it to enriched himself by establishing a beer company and also laundering the rest abroad

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
Efisimilala:
Poeple that said they single handedly built Lagos and the ones that are saying ****s should leave their beautiful Lagos and go back to their village,
Una don hearam hope una nyashi don open now dirty street open defecation and peeing everywhere

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by fullnetwork: 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
Taylor90:

Freedom because a Chicago most wanted criminal egos supposed to be chilling in prison is allowed to be president in Nigeria
What a freedom country

You bad grin
Most people who haven't travelled out cannot understand how the presence of basic amenities and a working system make one human.
This place might best be described as a zoo after all.

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by ceejayluv(m): 1:47pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:
Like It or not Nigeria is one of the best country when t comes to freedom
Freedom swimming in poverty or freedom from being robbed by either criminals or law enforcement agents?

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Poske95(m): 1:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
Fashola, you would agree went through ngrst leadership lengths to change such narrative .

......remains best fool's Paradise this side of the hemisphere
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by remiopash: 1:51pm On Aug 03, 2023
WriterNig:
@Paul Skallas tweeted;

Lol... IF he has only been to slums and dirty part of Lagos ,it means he could go to the places he could afford .I hope his mindset would change if he has money to visit or stay at Osapa, Ajah Badore, Banana Island, Parkview,Ikate Elegushi, Ikota,Apongbon,Lekki Phase 1 , Lekki Phase 2, Marina e.t.c

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Timmi: 1:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
Taylor90:

What a freedom country

You know clueless Taylor90, repeating lies a thousand times don't make it a truth. By the way, you can be arrested and prosecuted for spreading lies. Freedom of speech doesn't cover slanderous intent and defamation of character. Think thrice.

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Metrofox(m): 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Lagos is heaven where Igboland is.

Hope you remember World most polluted city is in Igbo land, Onitsha the pride of Igboland.

Onitsha, Umuahia and Aba, the 3 world most polluted city is from Igbo land, poverty capital of the Southern Nigeria.

you zombies never fail to disappoint with your dirty habits. Imagine shitting and eating in public. disgusting
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by CaptMarvel(m): 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
Next time he/she should come with helicopter.

I have email extractor and bulk mailer software available. Also 1k active email list for 3k. Check my profile for contact and transaction.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Bobbiee: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
I always thought there was something in Lagos, until I went to their overpraised areas VI, LEKKI, Ikoyi, etc. Nigeria is nothing but a slum through and through. You can't even compare it with Cairo or Alexandria, heck, even Nairobi is much better than it

3 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by motionarena: 1:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
onumadu:
One of the most proven way to know that people are CLINICALLY INSANE in Nigeria is that you see them defending the HELL that is Lagos. lol
If not for the international airport there, I can bet that over 90% of non-Yoruba diaspora Nigerians visiting Nigeria would avoid Lagos totally.
So, this American tourist is spot on.

But why your igbo people dey troop come lagos.

Why not live in your anambra/enugu slum and die in abject poverty and stench riden city

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by gabbasin: 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
I think I've watched this guy's documentary on TV, he can come back to Lagos now and experience a different traffic, traffic wise, petrol subsidy removal has made Lagos more enjoyable. At least something good can be said of Lagos now, thanks to our President
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Dittodat: 2:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Taylor90:

What a freedom country

Coming from a btai IPOB terrorist cannibal who is scared to come out on Mondays just because one delusional midget ordered him to sit at home all the way from Finland.
Yeah continue with your delusional warped reasoning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Edusouls(m): 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2023
That’s synonymous with everywhere Africans live, dirts, mass chaos, disorganization, noise, pollution , sprawling slums, poverty, poverty,poverty, suffering, suffering, suffering the black race is an enigma yet to be understood by humans

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by BigCowHornn: 2:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:

Then you lack knowledge of what freedom is

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by correctguy101(m): 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:

Abi...

Freedom to do anyhow albeit...
shocked

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Showguyz: 2:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
And tinubu will still side with the West and invade another African country
Clearly the West does not value Africas 😕
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Kylekent59: 2:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
They left the lady that posted the news, and start channeling their energy on Southeast.

Cursed country

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.