Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,977 members, 7,825,048 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) (64001 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Nobody: 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
Faithful007:

Let me school you on something bruh. A homeless person in America has access to Medicare, there are social programs to assist. There are food programs. There are rights and protections. You can walk into any hospital and get help.

In many cities, there is temporary housing for those who are willing to get off the streets. Unfortunately most homeless people are addicts that's why it's often difficult to recover them.

Can you say the same about Nigeria? Even a an average rich man in Nigeria can't call 911.

In America, the worst that can happen to you is to be homeless. In Nigeria you could literally die of starvation. Hospitals will reject you if you have no money.
Chai!
All these enjoyment for homeless people!!
Even "homefull" people for Nigeria no fit get access to these things.
Ronu oooo!!!

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Rhozabeth(m): 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:
Like It or not Nigeria is one of the best country when t comes to freedom
Very right bro! Am almost certain that the way she toured Lagos and Abuja, no Nigerian can tour two major American cities like that without being stopped by the police!
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by oneeast: 5:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
Nigeria
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by soccerlite: 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
SirLakes:

You no see say your country people still talk say na lie, say the oyinbo dey paint the country bad grin, say he need to spend like 600 years in Nigeria before he can describe grin grin grin

Typical nigerians

I'm not concerned or pity typical nigerians again

The "ignorables" are too many in nigeria
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by godwon01(m): 5:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
What do you expect him to write about Nigeria. Exaggerated report . Some parts of America ,you will not believe is America. America is not heaven.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by akintunde63: 5:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:

…until some politician’s daughter kidnaps and imprisons you for innocently buying a SIM card from a telecoms company; or his wife abducts and assaults you for a factual post on social media.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Mayeldah(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2023
This man bad o

em finish Lagos and Nigeria pata pata, e no talk remain.

'Shit-hole' comes to mind
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Abufo: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:

freedom to work on poo and piss you mean! you people are sufferring form delirium induced hubris! ndi iberibe wey no get shame! open gutters everywhere in ur so called mega city......I will rather leave in my home village near nnewi than pretending to leave in lagos masquerading as city! lagos na mega IDP.......the handiwork of a certain narco presido!
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Abufo: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
flokii:

The Lagos Obi's people from Anambra and likes enter night bus to flee to.. even Obi chose Lagos to live in over Anambra that he misgoverned.

Obi lives in Onitsha! for visibility he had to spend time in Lagos for the election!
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by pikechukwu6(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
How I see it.. undecided undecided

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by adecz: 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Truth is bitter .... 😞
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Abufo: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
Bobbiee:
I always thought there was something in Lagos, until I went to their overpraised areas VI, LEKKI, Ikoyi, etc. Nigeria is nothing but a slum through and through. You can't even compare it with Cairo or Alexandria, heck, even Nairobi is much better than it

Victoria Island is over hyped..........many parts of Enugu and owerri will floor the place! Lagos is congested cos of the greed of the fulani/yoruba hegemony!
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Abufo: 6:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
motionarena:

But why your igbo people dey troop come lagos.

Why not live in your anambra/enugu slum and die in abject poverty and stench riden city

bad belle! Igbo amaka....chew on that!!!
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by planetx: 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
remiopash:
Lol... IF he has only been to slums and dirty part of Lagos ,it means he could go to the places he could afford .I hope his mindset would change if he has money to visit or stay at Osapa, Ajah Badore, Banana Island, Parkview,Ikate Elegushi, Ikota,Apongbon,Lekki Phase 1 , Lekki Phase 2, Marina e.t.c
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by 77up(m): 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
001Lagos:
This just confirmed the European union council report on Lagos as the worst place to live on earth

Lagos is an over-hyped dirty slum
Yet una no dey exist until you join young shall grow bus to lagos on a daily basis.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
ukaface:

YOUR FATHER SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF
ain’t you ashamed of yourself?
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
generalsteve007:

YOUR] PAPA GO DIE A MISERABLE DEATH

HATRED IS WHAT WILL KILL YOU, IGBOS SHALL CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU HEART ATTACK TILL U DIE A MISERABLE DEATH
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by planetx: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
That is what you get for worshipping this muzungus when they visit Nigeria, you get see finish. Like that low self esteem immigration officer that pulled that white man from the back of a long line to the front after we arrived from the US past midnight.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by ukaface(f): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
[quote author=TheNiceGuy post=124858561][/quote]πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
As an obvious scammer that you are
You had to edit my post
Now you are just pathetic and shameless πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Oya edit this one too
Amuruma
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by TheNiceGuy(m): 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Is that how you address your Dad at home angry

I'm not your father, excuse me kiddo
ukaface:
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
As an obvious scammer that you are
You had to edit my post
Now you are just pathetic and shameless πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Oya edit this one too
Amuruma
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by ukaface(f): 6:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Is that how you address your Dad at home angry

I'm not your father, excuse me kiddo
Exactly, you’re not my father so why should I address you like my father
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by victory36(m): 6:39pm On Aug 03, 2023
Kollyman:

And you are happy to share this rubb!5h written by someone who has misplaced his priority in life about your country.

What kind of a child joins outsiders to destroy his father's house?
who is this? Which father's house?🀣🀣
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Bobbiee: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2023
Abufo:

Victoria Island is over hyped..........many parts of Enugu and owerri will floor the place! Lagos is congested cos of the greed of the fulani/yoruba hegemony!

I'm sorry but Owerri is no different. At least the place I visited. It was a ghost town slum as well. No single attempt by the governor to beautify that city

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by olaztek(m): 6:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
It' is overpopulation that's choking Lagos. Migrants should let Lagos breath.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Pclemenza: 7:06pm On Aug 03, 2023

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by tnerro1(m): 7:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
This is half story
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by toyinid78: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
He came to the smallest state in Nigeria that is now home to all indigenous born of all states in Nigeria n came to condemn the state that dirty people from their villages came to reap off ,the American must be one of those that has no solution to problems but know to add to it
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by MySolace: 7:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Lagos is heaven where Igboland is.

Hope you remember World most polluted city is in Igbo land, Onitsha the pride of Igboland.

Onitsha, Umuahia and Aba, the 3 world most polluted city is from Igbo land, poverty capital of the Southern Nigeria.
Onitcha is never among d most populated city in d world.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by MySolace: 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
Fugazy2023:

But your people can't do without it and they migrate everyday to the same Lagos with there ghana must go. Why can't they migrate back to your Yeastern region since it's the best place to be
Dey migrate to do business, not for convenience.

Where one makes money mustn't be paradise...

Some work onshore, some forest, some space... Just to make money but never for convenience.

If u don't Gerrit, forgerabarit
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Fugazy2023: 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
MySolace:

Dey migrate to do business, not for convenience.

Where one makes money mustn't be paradise...

Some work onshore, some forest, some space... Just to make money but never for convenience.

If u don't Gerrit, forgerabarit

To do business and thieving another man's land calling it no man's land. Business indeed.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by armyofone(m): 7:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
@ Sukkot

come here cheesy

What the tourist said is true?
Do you see people pissing and shitting around you ?

Can't people enter nearby eatery to use the restroom ?

You can't be pressed, then stop by Mr. Biggs or Iya Buka to ease yourself ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.