Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) (63983 Views)

Pelumi Nubi, Driving From London To Lagos, Arrives Nigeria After 68 Days / Moving Back To Nigeria After The Lockdown / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by armyofone(m): 3:12pm On Aug 03, 2023
RuggedBiafran:
grin grin grin grin grin

Such beauty and lush
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by ChiefRocker(m): 3:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
He saying trash, he's just after our weakness. I am over 40 living in Nigeria but I have not seen up to 30% of the rubbish he saw. If he wants to see the positive side he will. I'm sure if I travel to New York today to look for negative things, I will see a lot. Don't let this useless foreigners down grade us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by armyofone(m): 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
lesson44:

I am a Nigerian/American, I based here in the US, I visits Nigeria two to three times a year. What the article describes is 100 % accurate in my opinion.
The only missing part is that, the person did not mention how most people smell sweaty. They Don’t use deodorants . I hope they teach that in Nigeria schools as part of a curriculum,It is that bad. Order for room service in hotels , the room smells will change as soon as the waiters enters your room. Some smell so bad, even air freshener can’t mask the smell. Bath three times a day, don’t not matter, if you don’t use deodorant , you are going to smell.

Maybe deodorant is too expensive for the common man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by SirLakes: 3:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
armyofone:
The guy tried. Why the pissing and shitting around and any how ?

Nigerians eat and drink too much?

The pesin no lie na.... today sef I saw a man shitting within one of Nigeria's prestigious university just few distance to the main gate, just few steps away another person dey piss for front. I just look dem shake head grin grin Nigerians get too many anyhow people grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by armyofone(m): 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
SirLakes:

The pesin no lie na.... today sef I saw a man shitting within one of Nigeria's prestigious university just few distance to the main gate, just few steps away another person dey piss for front. I just look dem shake head grin grin Nigerians get too many anyhow people grin cheesy

Too many anyhow people grin. Talking anyhow, behaving anyhow, live anyhow, born children anyhow, pissing and shitting anyhow - anyhow people in anyhow banana country.

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by domnwan(m): 3:25pm On Aug 03, 2023
Oga Oyibo abeg don't paint Lagos black....Tinubu built Lagos and entire South West.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by generalsteve007: 3:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
TheNiceGuy:
Lagos is heaven where Igboland is.

Hope you remember World most polluted city is in Igbo land, Onitsha the pride of Igboland.

Onitsha, Umuahia and Aba, the 3 world most polluted city is from Igbo land, poverty capital of the Southern Nigeria.

HATRED IS WHAT WILL KILL YOU, IGBOS SHALL CONTINUE TO GIVE YOU HEART ATTACK TILL U DIE A MISERABLE DEATH
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Litmus: 3:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
Aren't those people just being racists perhaps, see what they wrote about Darker Senegal. I've not been to Senegal but 'I've heard many good things about Darker.

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by bolademi(m): 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:
Like It or not Nigeria is one of the best country when t comes to freedom

Hahahaha you are right
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by pendragonbladgo(m): 3:37pm On Aug 03, 2023
This is clearly written by anthi Tinubu.

Nigeria is not poor, people made themselves poor by having excess children and too much believing in God where they fail to plan ahead!

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Goodlady(f): 3:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
Taylor90:

Freedom because a Chicago most wanted criminal egos supposed to be chilling in prison is allowed to be president in Nigeria

What a freedom country

All your headache is Tinubu. Shey Nigeria no dey among condemned nations before Tinubu ni. Even if it's Obi that's president, it ll take time before things get better. Let Tinubu breathe!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by psychologist(m): 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
Taylor90:

Freedom because a Chicago most wanted criminal egos supposed to be chilling in prison is allowed to be president in Nigeria

What a freedom country

Una too get bad mouth for this forum grin
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by tollyboy5(m): 3:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
iLoveYouToo:
Can Lagos ever be sanitized? Never
if deportation is allowed

5 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Dijita: 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
Faithful007:

Let me school you on something bruh. A homeless person in America has access to Medicare, there are social programs to assist. There are food programs. There are rights and protections. You can walk into any hospital and get help.

In many cities, there is temporary housing for those who are willing to get off the streets. Unfortunately most homeless people are addicts that's why it's often difficult to recover them.

Can you say the same about Nigeria? Even a an average rich man in Nigeria can't call 911.

In America, the worst that can happen to you is to be homeless. In Nigeria you could literally die of starvation. Hospitals will reject you if you have no money.

America is the richest and probably the most advanced country in the world. It is wrong to be comparing Nigeria to America. Most developing countries are not better off than Nigeria. We are a highly populous country like India, even though India is richer than Nigeria we suffer similar faith of corrupt leaders, Ours is probably worse than most other nations.

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by arsenal33: 4:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
001Lagos:
This just confirmed the European union council report on Lagos as the worst place to live on earth

Lagos is an over-hyped dirty slum
what state do you come from?
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by soccerlite: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:

Freedom indeed

Come and walk on the street of Ibadan holding your iPhone at 10pm

3 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by deavicky(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:
the kind of freedom in Nigeria is only meant for animals. Where u can do anything or what so ever pleases u and nobody will talk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by drsibz66(m): 4:08pm On Aug 03, 2023
Housing:
The lies therein are obvious. One of the wrong conclusion is Google estimated time being 4x. That is not true whenever you on the road and use Google map traffic estimate are also added in fact if the traffic is not up to 10 minutes. It updates traffic along route in every 5minutes I use Google map often and I know this for sure

Sorry its the English you didn't understand. The writer said a journey that was suppose to last 10mins for example ended up lasting 40mins as the drove into a stand still that Google didn't take into account or wasn't there when Google estimated the time BTW both destinations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by occfx: 4:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
raskymonojendor:
What's the summary of this epistle.

That Nigeria is a janjaweeddd country and a zoo republic and unfortunately, 90% of the idiots living there don't know what normal life is all about. They end up giving themselves hope on how a drug baron will Favour them and there family.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by soccerlite: 4:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
Every constructed drainage is littered with rubbish and excreta in nigeria

I don't know of any state that have a good waste disposal system

Job that is supposed to be left for the lg, no, the state governors no gree

Nothing surprising/new in what oyinbo man said joor

2 Likes

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Opinedecandid(m): 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:
Freedom for lawlessness
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by grandstar(m): 4:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
001Lagos:
This just confirmed the European union council report on Lagos as the worst place to live on earth

Lagos is an over-hyped dirty slum

Lagos has moved from 2nd worst a few years ago to 4th today. Considering its size, the underinvestment from 1983-1999, the corruption of the civilian government from 1999-2023 (We need to be frank regarding corruption), this is a big improvement).

The election of technocrats as governors has made a dramatic in government effort to make it a modern metropolis. More would have been achieved if there was far less corruption between 1999-2023.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by aurorae1: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
001Lagos:

Some Igbo people comes to Lagos to do business and then go back home every December to south east . Not like they base permanently in Lagos , which is the reason why Lagos is always empty during Christmas periods.

Lagos is a shithole and the world are beginning to show their total dislike for Lagos on a daily.

So you confirm that Igbos come here to "dirty up" and pollute Lagos, make money and then run to the east to spend it at yuletide...
That's what you mean, yes?
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Pootle: 4:28pm On Aug 03, 2023
sadly all he said are true...very bad, we need reorientate ourselves na still we dey japa for ship rudder for 21 centeury undecided
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by SirLakes: 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
soccerlite:

Every constructed drainage is littered with rubbish and excreta in nigeria

I don't know of any state that have a good waste disposal system

Job that is supposed to be left for the lg, no, the state governors no gree

Nothing surprising/new in what oyinbo man said joor

You no see say your country people still talk say na lie, say the oyinbo dey paint the country bad grin, say he need to spend like 600 years in Nigeria before he can describe grin grin grin
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by armyofone(m): 4:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:

Freedom to shit and piss anywhere the person is.
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by isArray: 4:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
ChiefRocker:
He saying trash, he's just after our weakness. I am over 40 living in Nigeria but I have not seen up to 30% of the rubbish he saw. If he wants to see the positive side he will. I'm sure if I travel to New York today to look for negative things, I will see a lot. Don't let this useless foreigners down grade us.
What are the positive side? Because immediately you land at MMIA you start to get a feel of what the city has to offer
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by aklid(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2023
That’s unarguably the truth
I hate all the noise, the dirt and the crowded stuffs…
But as soon as the government starts making changes people will be complaining that they can’t make money that they ain’t having freedom to do this that the government is against the poor masses bla bla bla
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by 001Lagos: 4:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
arsenal33:
what state do you come from?
Lagos
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Franzinni: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
Where is the lie
Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by Octopusssy(f): 5:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
See our life in the open public angry

1 Like

Re: American Tourist Describes Nigeria After Spending 12 Days In Lagos (Photos) by DaTruths: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
jonapeters:

Freedom to protest?

Freedom to use Iphone 14 peacefully as a youth without getting harassed by law enforcers?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic In 1978: Throwback Of Daily Times Front Page / My 30 Days Sojourn Through Cotonou To Dubai / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.