Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,171 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep (33953 Views)

Niger Junta Leaders Begin Recruitment Into Militia Group / Russia-Ukraine War: US re-opens Embassy In Kyiv Three Months After Closure / Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by HonNL: 12:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
“The land and air borders with Algeria, Burkina Faso, Mali, Libya and Chad are re-opened from August 1, 2023,” a junta spokesperson said on state television.

Niger reopens land and air borders with five neighbouring countries, junta announces on TV

SOURCE

The borders have been closed by the junta since its 'forced takeover' last week.

Nigeria who shares a 1608km boundary with Niger Rep was excluded. This is not unconnected with Nigeria's threat of an armed invasion on the Uranium-rich country, unless elected President Bazoum is re-instated.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Taylor90: 12:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
The day this 35yr old Junta go catch Tinubu one on one

The kind beating Tinubu go chop ehnn

This man has made it known that he doesn’t give a fvck about Tinubu and his illegitimate reign

Make Tinubu avoid Niger republic oo if not this boy go brush am enter gutter

See small Niger dey beef African giant Nigeria one on one because of INEC

They all knew Tinubu is a cocaine thief that came to power via window hence the disrespect

See small Niger dey face Nigeria square to square

Indeed there’s dignity in transparency and genuineness

Make war start first if I no support Niger make i die

377 Likes 40 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by accordadoga28(f): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
Who their border help except Buhari (of bad memory)

124 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by tommy589(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
Buhari rail construction and relocation to Niger is now under threat grin

283 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by seeker121(m): 12:30pm On Aug 02, 2023
Hmnnm
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by EKONGKING: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Tinubu erred big time on Niger issue and Nigeria has been caught between its tail.

All the Islamic countries are coming on side of Niger and if war breakouts, expect Northern Nigeria also to support Niger.

97 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by ThatCEO: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
When I was in secondary school, I once participated in a debate where I supported the motion that Democracy is better than military regime.

But now, I realised the rubbish I supported.

The "bad" military regime in Nigeria built 4 solid refineries. The Democracy people ran them to comatose, they can't built a refinery, they won't allow modular refinery as it will interfere with their corruption, n they still have the nerves to clamp down on d alleged "illegal refineries" in d creeks.

I will pick military all day. Try nonsense with Niger, una go hear am. People that can't tame a pack of bandits in the bush want to enter a war with a full grown country grin

216 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Riopee: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nawa o. 9ja case always different

4 Likes

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by atobs4real(m): 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
They fear 9ja and Benin.
Na we still make them fear benin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by PlayerMeji: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
It will be shut soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by 22o62021: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by oche2020: 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by veekid(m): 12:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
But he can't make a damn payment for a roasted corn on a pipeline highway.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by NaijaStore: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Hmm..
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Landmine1: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by tolumizzy(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Good for them...let our Army wise up too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by wittywriter: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Interesting

Wittyness
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by owem19(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Good

1 Like

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by PlayerMeji: 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Tinubu dey shit, he dey bath, he dey poopoo for your brain...

At your age, it is Tinubu's matter you carry for head!

Shioor

Taylor90:

This man has made it known that he doesn’t give a fvck about Tinubu and his illegitimate reign

They all knew Tinubu is a cocaine thief that came to power via window hence the disrespect

Indeed there’s dignity in transparency and genuine as

69 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Godstiger(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
Overtaking is allowed
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by sofeo(m): 12:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
So unfortunate that fools still parade themselves as leaders in Africa.

These are same ppl Buhari's Govt favored so much.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by mariovito(m): 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
In other words, these countries they reopened borders with are countries that recognize their government and are their allies.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Btruth: 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
...he don set
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by naijaboy756: 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
Taylor90:

HEY STOP THAT

You cant support another country against yours

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Kingosytex(m): 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
Why should Nigeria bother itself about what happens in Niger?
If the Nigeriens are jubilating then why should Nigeria cry more than the bereaved?
Nigeria should allow them carry their cross in peace.
Tinubu should let them be, he must not send troops there.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Sonnobax15(m): 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
grin
Good....

Meaning no more bandits to be roaming down here for now.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Hezzyluv: 12:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
..And Gari price in Isolo market has reduced!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Badguy77(m): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Very good and Nigerians doest give a bleep about them either

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by ednut1(m): 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
One of the borders hahahaha

99 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Nobody: 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
accordadoga28:
Who their border help except Buhari (of bad memory)
They can do us the favour of closing that border permanently, make them even carry sokoto, katsina, zamfara, kebbi join body we no send them.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by ElSudani: 12:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Taylor90:

Who else will folks like you support? Not all enemies are foreign, some are domestic too.

37 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reddit, Twitch, Shopify, Discord Ban Donald Trump / Jaob Zuma Agrees To Resign / Samia Suluhu Hassan Sworn In As Tanzania's First Female President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.