Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep (34034 Views)

Niger Junta Leaders Begin Recruitment Into Militia Group / Russia-Ukraine War: US re-opens Embassy In Kyiv Three Months After Closure / Poland, Latvia, Lithuania And Estonia Closing Borders With Russia And Belarus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Josephkabila12: 5:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Taylor90:
The day this 35yr old Junta go catch Tinubu one on one

The kind beating Tinubu go chop ehnn

This man has made it known that he doesn’t give a fvck about Tinubu and his illegitimate reign

Make Tinubu avoid Niger republic oo if not this boy go brush am enter gutter

See small Niger dey beef African giant Nigeria one on one because of INEC

They all knew Tinubu is a cocaine thief that came to power via window hence the disrespect

See small Niger dey face Nigeria square to square

Indeed there’s dignity in transparency and genuineness

Make war start first if I no support Niger make i die
ibo buffoons, you lots having been saboteur A.K.A SABO right from the days of your forefathers like azikiwe and ojukwu
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by ceejayluv(m): 5:05pm On Aug 02, 2023
oyeb15:
Democracy will never help Africa. The West are using it to impoverish us with our useless corrupt leaders.

God bless a military rule in Nigeria 2023.
How did the military rule help us in the 80's And 90's?
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by DodadaKoKigbe: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Niger closed their border to Nigeria and nobody noticed. Now, they're saying they're not opening it, and e still no affect anything. This tells you that Niger is no better than a local government in Sokoto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by lildush(m): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
You see how dis people cause hardship by closing d border? Evil men everywhere
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by mensos544: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2023
Taylor90:

This man has made it known that he doesn’t give a fvck about Tinubu and his illegitimate reign

They all knew Tinubu is a cocaine thief that came to power via window hence the disrespect

He is 61yrs old
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by dragunov: 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
HonNL:
“The land and air borders with Algeria, Burkina Faso, Mali, Libya and Chad are re-opened from August 1, 2023,” a junta spokesperson said on state television.

SOURCE

The borders have been closed by the junta since its 'forced takeover' last week.

Nigeria who shares a 1608km boundary with Niger Rep was excluded. This is not unconnected with Nigeria's threat of an armed invasion on the Uranium-rich country, unless elected President Bazoum is re-instated.

If it's not madness, bullying and tyranny, why would you invade a sovereign state for matters that have no direct or indirect bearing on the welfare of your own citizens. When we talk now, Kadoso Mutairu aka seunmsg will say we shouldn't. Nonsense boy who "arrived" in 2012. 😝😝😝
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by chukwugoziegi: 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
ThatCEO:
When I was in secondary school, I once participated in a debate where I supported the motion that Democracy is better than military regime.

But now, I realised the rubbish I supported.

The "bad" military regime in Nigeria built 4 solid refineries. The Democracy people ran them to comatose, they can't built a refinery, they won't allow modular refinery as it will interfere with their corruption, n they still have the nerves to clamp down on d alleged "illegal refineries" in d creeks.

I will pick military all day. Try nonsense with Niger, una go hear am. People that can't tame a pack of bandits in the bush want to enter a war with a full grown country grin

They built roads and hospitals too which the democratic govt are STRUGGLING to maintain.

1 Like

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by delpee(f): 6:22pm On Aug 02, 2023
Good move. We may not have to spend our hard earned resources on building a rail track within Niger afterall. Better to solve our own internal problems before poking our noses into other people's business.

1 Like

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Amah70: 7:25pm On Aug 02, 2023
PlayerMeji:
It is not Tinubu's fault that some fathers could not come out for elections in Nigeria because of their age. He is an ambitious man and ambition knows no age... so stop ghocking!

It's Tinubu's fault because in 2014, Tinubu allied to form APC with the Buhari group known to be anti political restructuring for Nigeria, but Tinubu refused the 2014 restructuring CONFAB. Nigeria's political structure is reason why many fathers and real intellectuals don't contest for presidential election in Nigeria because the Northern region has undue election advantages deriving from the skewed political structure of Nigeria.
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 7:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
mauchiz:

He is among the people encouraging Tinubu to invade Niger, Tinubu is fighting for Buhari's interest. If not, why will Nigeria be interested in Niger Republic, of what use is Niger to Nigeria?
What has Nigeria been gaining from Niger?
They constitute a public nuisance in our forest, disguise as Fulani herdsmen to kill, rape, snatch cows in Nigeria.
Please, let there border with us remain closed, so we can have peace here in Nigeria and face other problems bothering us.
Part of Niger our problems has left, therefore Nigeria problem has reduced by one.

Hmmm, I don't think he has said much except if he is on the fence with words...
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by mauchiz: 8:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Hmmm, I don't think he has said much except if he is on the fence with words...
He can't say it publicly, Buhari is a good friend to that president and has a house in Niger.

If not, what is Tinubu reason to invade Niger? When Nigeria is on fire and hunger, Niger Republic became more important than Nigeria. There must be a very lovely reason and interest.
Who ecowas help?
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by jojothaiv(m): 8:17pm On Aug 02, 2023
tommy589:
Buhari rail construction and relocation to Niger is now under threat grin
😂😂😂😂😂

Buhari's parting gift wasn't well received.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
mauchiz:

He can't say it publicly, Buhari is a good friend to that president and has a house in Niger.

If not, what is Tinubu reason to invade Niger? When Nigeria is on fire and hunger, Niger Republic became more important than Nigeria. There must be a very lovely reason and interest.
Who ecowas help?

Sure, I grab your area of interest and I see the sense in it....
Is a matter of friends trying to help a friend thing than a country trying to be free from bad leaders ....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by mauchiz: 9:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:

Sure, I grab your area of interest and I see the sense in it....
Is a matter of friends trying to help a friend thing than a country trying to be free from bad leaders ....
Exactly
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Robertbh(m): 10:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
9jatriot:
This is actually a good time to close our borders between us and Niger and stop those illegal immigrants from entering Nigeria and forming as if they are from Adamawa State.

That border area is too porous sef
Lol u no sabi geography. Adamawa has no boundary or border with Niger Republic
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by masseratti: 10:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
Kingosytex:

If 9ja does not stop what exactly? Why exactly should Nigeria cry more than Nigeriens? Is Niger an extension of Nigeria?
Why must the US and France goad Nigeria into a needless and unfruitful venture? Why can't the US and France stop the coup themselves, don't they have military bases there?
What exactly does Nigeria benefit from Niger? Do American and France share the loot they obtain from Niger with Nigeria?
thank you for your question.. NIGERIA does not benefit anything from Niger coup.. But we stand to lose alot from any form of misrule over there.. They are our neighboring country, right now alot of west African countries are seeing Wagner group has a counter force once they seize power through Guns.. Wagner does not even have the capacity nor manpower to dominate west Africa countries..if there is no penalties for gun carrying elite men who only got into the military because of their family connections.. We are in serious trouble.. Biko Haram will be a joke.. The worst form of civilian government is best than the best military government.
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by alcuin(m): 11:04pm On Aug 02, 2023
Taylor90:

If Nigeria were not a democratic country. I swear, you would have gone missing for this kind of stupid comment.
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by AfonjaPriest: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2023
Eventually and finally, Tinubu has brought disgrace to Nigeria.
Agbadorians can now eat the disgrace with their akara. Bon appetit!
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by brutal1(m): 11:15pm On Aug 02, 2023
Boy, nothing has changed in your life. You’ve grown up in age & stature but your brain is still the same from your secondary school days infact it is even worse. Do you know how top military generals like Danjuma became sudden billionaires? It was under the military government. 80% of the problem we are facing currently na the same military cause am, do you know how much Abacha stole from Nigeria? No idea till today, they are still refunding it, don’t forget Abacha was just one, now imagine the numbers of others that we are not even aware of, Even Obi will run in the eventuality, small police brutality, you people were shouting ENDsars, you people cannot cope with police brutality and you want military? 😂 de play. After the election you went to court right? You will be guilty without charges under military and your body will disappear as well. I guess most of you are just children in adult body, beards and erection doesn’t amount to wisdom. Your brain should grow with your age, don’t leave it behind. You can tweet & post rubbish now on social media and sleep, come & post nonsense under military, na we go point to your room for pick up.
ThatCEO:
When I was in secondary school, I once participated in a debate where I supported the motion that Democracy is better than military regime.

The "bad" military regime in Nigeria built 4 solid refineries. The Democracy people ran them to comatose, they can't built a refinery, they won't allow modular refinery as it will interfere with their corruption, n they still have the nerves to clamp down on d alleged "illegal refineries" in d creeks.

I will pick military all day. Try nonsense with Niger, una go hear am. People that can't tame a pack of bandits in the bush want to enter a war with a full grown country grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by brutal1(m): 11:17pm On Aug 02, 2023
I am just thinking someone gave birth to you like this 😂 they should have invested the years and funds wasted on you on piggery
AfonjaPriest:
Eventually and finally, Tinubu has brought disgrace to Nigeria.
Agbadorians can now eat the disgrace with their akara. Bon appetit!
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by AfonjaPriest: 11:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
brutal1:
I am just thinking someone gave birth to you like this 😂 they should have invested the years and funds wasted on you on piggery
You are very much in luck, boy. I am going to make your dream come true. Your desire to meet the Devil will be actualized. I will set up a meeting for tonight between you and the Devil. It will be your worst nightmare. And you are welcome; tonight, you'll be with him in Avernus.
But say goodnight to everyone. You never can tell because you'll never return.
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by emmaodet: 1:10am On Aug 03, 2023
ThatCEO:

grin grin

Even the military boys will be doing morning devotion for it not to come to pass.
One thing is for military to attack nigerdelta militants, boko Haram who are rag tagged with no state of the art weapons nor air support. It is another entirely to face your mate with similar strength.
A soldier man only flexes his muscles on harmless civilians. When he sees his mate, he adjusts.
Even the popular war the Nigerian led ecomog fought in Liberia and Seria Leone were rebels with no proper training and weapons. Reason why they defeated them.
In a case you are to meet your mate, I will advise Nigeria govt shouldn't disgrace themselves.
Many soldiers will even desert before getting to war front because it is automatic ticket to grave.
Meeting someone that has state of art weapons like you, aerial support and can easily down your airforce. Knows how to handle these weapons well. Well trained and Organized ( 2 qualities civilian rebels and militants lacks)
Omo, na die.
One thing is for Anthony Joshua to beat up a street thug, another is for him to Face Weilder of Tyson fury
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by TOMMYS: 1:58am On Aug 03, 2023
EKONGKING:
Tinubu erred big time on Niger issue and Nigeria has been caught between its tail.

All the Islamic countries are coming on side of Niger and if war breakouts, expect Northern Nigeria also to support Niger.

This war is an almagamation of Nigeria and Niger
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by brutal1(m): 9:23am On Aug 03, 2023
😂 🤣 you wan send devil to threaten demon? Evil spirit don’t threaten wizard. You beta go hustle for your urgent 2k this morning.
AfonjaPriest:

You are very much in luck, boy. I am going to make your dream come true. Your desire to meet the Devil will be actualized. I will set up a meeting for tonight between you and the Devil. It will be your worst nightmare. And you are welcome; tonight, you'll be with him in Avernus.
But say goodnight to everyone. You never can tell because you'll never return.
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by kad199: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2023
brutal1:
Boy, nothing has changed in your life. You’ve grown up in age & stature but your brain is still the same from your secondary school days infact it is even worse. Do you know how top military generals like Danjuma became sudden billionaires? It was under the military government. 80% of the problem we are facing currently na the same military cause am, do you know how much Abacha stole from Nigeria? No idea till today, they are still refunding it, don’t forget Abacha was just one, now imagine the numbers of others that we are not even aware of, Even Obi will run in the eventuality, small police brutality, you people were shouting ENDsars, you people cannot cope with police brutality and you want military? 😂 de play. After the election you went to court right? You will be guilty without charges under military and your body will disappear as well. I guess most of you are just children in adult body, beards and erection doesn’t amount to wisdom. Your brain should grow with your age, don’t leave it behind. You can tweet & post rubbish now on social media and sleep, come & post nonsense under military, na we go point to your room for pick up.
Do u too know how much Diezanni, the former accountant general and ibori stole. Abeg they are all the same.
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by alasane: 10:38am On Aug 03, 2023
Sermwell:

They want to have thier own country!! What's stopping you from letting them go?

If majority of Ndi igbo actually wants Biafra Nation as they always claims. They'll not come out on that election day to cast 99% of their vote for this man. They'll not put mouth inside the election in Lagos State. They'll not hold a space meeting saying they'll unseat Yoruba Kings once their brother Chinedu enter. They'll not be planning Lagos State governorship election in the South East. If Biafra is what they want they'll not be in court fighting a mandate they lost.
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Sermwell(m): 10:45am On Aug 03, 2023
alasane:

If majority of Ndi igbo actually wants Biafra Nation as they always claims. They'll not come out on that election day to cast 99% of their vote for this man. They'll not put mouth inside the election in Lagos State. They'll not hold a space meeting saying they'll unseat Yoruba Kings once their brother Chinedu enter. They'll not be planning Lagos State governorship election in the South East. If Biafra is what they want they'll not be in court fighting a mandate they lost.
If you had granted them Biafra, would they have had any business with elections in Nigeria?? grin
You guys always sound stupid in defence of nonsense!! grin
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by alasane: 11:33am On Aug 03, 2023
Sermwell:

If you had granted them Biafra, would they have had any business with elections in Nigeria?? grin
You guys always sound stupid in defence of nonsense!! grin

See the map again.
Make kom the cry again

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Sermwell(m): 12:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
alasane:

See the map again.
Make kom the cry again
So why are you crying more than the bereaved?? Allow them go naa!! What's your business if they need visa or not?
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by alasane: 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sermwell:

So why are you crying more than the bereaved?? Allow them go naa!! What's your business if they need visa or not?

Not so
The issues is that the Biafran protagonist want land grab that includes SS & part of Kogi ,Benue state.
Adhere strictly to SE and see.
All those igbo criminals in Arena Oshodi, Alaba, Mandilllas in LAGOS will be chase out immediately

1 Like

Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by Karnice600: 2:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
ThatCEO:

Go back and do a deeper research, you’ll know it’s more about the mentality than the khaki or agbada.
Minus kits, look at an average European army personnel and that of an African, especially a Nigerian. The former treads carefully with civilians within his space, the latter is always looking for avenues to exercise authority or supremacy over civilians in his space.
What works in Europe may not work in Nigeria. Not because of weather or culture, but mindsets.

No military rule will ever, at any time, be a better option to civilian rule. Today Abacha loot is still being recovered after 2 decades. For Abacha’s widow to say she can never be as poor as Dangote, then you’ll know what military regime spells. The average Nigerian is crooked, wether in agbada or khaki. It even gets worse with khaki. If to say na military regime, you think say endsars for even come up?
The brutalities wey Operation Sweep did in Lagos, SARS no do reach half.
They called Jonathan a bluff and shouted say Baba. He came up and dealt with ‘‘em senselessly and they cried out for bulaba, now they wishing for the military. I said this before and will always say it, that an African doesn’t know what his problem is.
You guys should be careful what you wish for.
Get your facts straight.
Re: Niger: Junta Re-opens Borders With Neighbours, Excludes Nigeria, Benin Rep by AfonjaPriest: 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
brutal1:
😂 🤣 you wan send devil to threaten demon? Evil spirit don’t threaten wizard. You beta go hustle for your urgent 2k this morning.
Threaten? No, we take. We have gone beyond your level. We sit to deliver people like you.
We have got a full load of your information. We are processing it in my shrine. Soon the Devil will give you the misfortunes you are begging for.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UK Fuel Scarcity: Customers Fight In Fuel Station / ‘back To Africa’: French MP Sparks Parliament Outrage / "Ghana President Akufo-Add Appointed Ex-Girlfriends To Office"- General Mosquito

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.