Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,383 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply (49480 Views)

Niger Republic Turns To A Mega Solar Power After Nigeria Cut Off Electricity / Israel Cuts Off Electricity, Food, lay Complete Siege On Gaza. Bombings Continue / Niger: Junta Cuts Off Electricity, Water Supply To French Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by CSTRR: 5:21pm On Aug 02, 2023
The United States have supported dictatorship and democracy all the same in different countries.

The only constant is their own interests.

It's laughable that tinubu does not know where his bread is buttered.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by descartes400: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
CSTRR:
Nigerians are not very smart people.

I can see it now.

The quality of our leadership is poor.

We don't know our long or short term interests.

France is the number one enemy's of Nigerian interests.

They are responsible for many of our security woes and have undermined our economic interests in the region.

They kiled the Eco currency.

It's in Nigeria's long term interests to have less France in the region.

What I expect Nigeria to do is to shout and support bazzoum verbally for the sake of public performance, but secretly take no real action to undermine the new military leaders.

Our interest is to get the french and their allies kicked out.
Anything else is secondary.

Once the french are out, the region is now our playground and we can now carry out our own agenda.

Well reasoned but our leaders are sick in the head and overtly pro west to my utmost irritation and disgust.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by lexy2014: 5:23pm On Aug 02, 2023
Curse777:

So you can ask such intelligent question

1: if they Dam it, Nigeria Gas master plan would see us move fully to gas powered plant

2: Niger is Landlocked and playing with. Agreements would hurt them more

3: You can bully any country through diplomatic chanel's and engagement, US keeps bullying countries and nothing happened

4: Porous border in Libya made Boko Haram get cheap weapons, you may not understand this if you have less knowledge on Gun trade

5:. Insurgency means Uprising and revolt... That is the definition... So is there insurgency in Niger , you answe

What have all you said got to do 6the questions I asked you?

What makes you think Niger will not dam river Niger?

If nigeria thru Tinubu can renege on an agreement, what obligation does Niger have keeping to the terms of that agreement?

Same way "You can't bully people to lead them as dictator" is the same way you can't bully another country to do what you want.

Are the people of Niger complaining that they don't want military rule?

What has the history of Libya got to.do with the Niger situation?

Which insurgency is in Niger?
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by NAC1666: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by rummmy: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
Niger will dam the river Niger
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by lexy2014: 5:24pm On Aug 02, 2023
CSTRR:

I can see it now.

They are responsible for many of our security woes and have undermined our economic interests in the region.

What I expect Nigeria to do is to shout and support bazzoum verbally for the sake of public performance, but secretly take no real action to undermine the new military leaders.

Once the french are out, the region is now our playground and we can now carry out our own agenda.

Don't you want Tinubu to go to France again? It seems u don't like Tinubu
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Acekidc4(m): 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
99persait:
they should also stop the rail project going to that region

Yes, You are Right Sir!!
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by CSTRR: 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2023
descartes400:

Well reasoned but our leaders are sick in the head and overtly pro west to my utmost irritation and disgust.
The biggest US drone base in the world is in Niger republic.

From there, the US carries out deep spying into Nigerian territories.
And to make it worse, they never share the information with Abuja.

The new military leaders would most likely shut it down.

How can I explain to anybody with a brain that a Nigerian president is actively fighting to restore the previous govt that allowed such gross undermining of Nigeria's sovereignty.?

Make it make sense.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by ibechris(m): 5:27pm On Aug 02, 2023
Person wey no get food,dey go give others food.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by TheBillyonaire: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Niger can not be allowed to be free from the West until Nigeria is free from the West, and Nigeria is not ready to be free yet. So, I support my President, Military might and Sanctions it is.

Niger must respect the i and a, cos we are Niger plus ia.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Firstcitizen: 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Sanctions better than war

Landlocked country dey make mouth against Nigeria

Na why I pity southeast Nigeria

If Nigeria split today, southeast is the only region that cannot stand alone. They will be landlocked and Nigeria will finish them with sanctions

They plan to erect develop a solar farm in Okija forest to generate electricity grin
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Shalommy(f): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
leisuretym:

Bubu will be dragging generator right now
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by dappydozzy(m): 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool We ain't called the Giant of Africa for no reason.

I dedicate β€œBasquiat” by Asake to my beloved Nigeria. Great jam!

So because you supply electricity to Niger, you are now the Giant of Africa, Keep living in your fool's paradise, do you even know the reason Nigeria supplies Niger electricity go and do your research very well, you need more knowledge, i also laugh when some people say Nigeria supplies Ghana electricity,, when Ghana has its own hydro electric plants, they did not dam the River Niger, they dammed the river Volta, and as we speak China is constructing another new one.. Ignorance stinks peculiar in this country. Those Nigerians will pass ignorance to their next generation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Ilamina(f): 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Why is Nigeria getting involved
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by lelion: 5:36pm On Aug 02, 2023
This information is false. Yes, Nigeria supply 75% of Niger Republic electricity, but they have not suspended the supply. I live and work in Niamey, for now everything is stable.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by mikeapollo: 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
HonNL:

https://www.bbc.com/hausa/articles/c1rz52nrwjzo?at_campaign=Social_Flow&at_bbc_team=editorial&at_link_origin=bbchausa&at_format=link&at_ptr_name=twitter&at_medium=social&at_link_type=web_link&at_link_id=6F6735A4-3138-11EE-BA11-08E478A687CD&at_campaign_type=owned

Jokers; Jokers; Jokers!
Nigeria is obligatorily bound to supply electricity to Niger Republic or pay dearly for any messing around!
Niger Republic is the big brother here when it comes to electricity. Nigeria negotiated and entered into an agreement/contract so that Niger Republic would not construct a dam on river Niger, so that the water would be allowed to flow into Nigeria, and be used to generate electricity and then give a dedicated supply to Niger Republic in return for their gesture.
If Nigeria messes up with this arrangement, Niger Republic would simply construct a dam over river Niger (for their won electricity), and Nigeria would suffer greatly as the whole of Kainji dam would dry out without water.

Think very well before all this gragra for nothing!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by TradingGod: 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
CSTRR:

I can see it now.

seeing some people hailing this ridiculous decision prove the theory that the leaders are the masses
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by rollywise(m): 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
This government is clueless. Who are you punishing? The people or the government in power?
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Felix6: 5:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
What is the difference between me that has not seen electricity in my house for over four days and still counting and some one under sanctions? Abegi.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by phemmyfour: 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
TemplarLandry:
cool We ain't called the Giant of Africa for no reason.

I dedicate β€œBasquiat” by Asake to my beloved Nigeria. Great jam!
I m sure they weren't paying for the light
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Zion243(m): 5:41pm On Aug 02, 2023
WriterNigg:
πŸ‡³πŸ‡ͺ Niger has Uranium.

A Nuclear power plant will be built by πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Russia in exchange for their natural resources. Problem solved

And why hasn't the so called Russia built it for them already? And what about the military support that was to be delivered today?

Just dey play you hear πŸ‘‚
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Felix6: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2023
mikeapollo:

Jokers; Jokers; Jokers!
Nigeria is obligatorily bound to supply electricity to Niger Republic or pay dearly for any messing around!
Niger Republic is the big brother here when it comes to electricity. Nigeria negotiated and entered into an agreement/contract so that Niger Republic would not to construct a dam on river Niger, so that the water would be allowed to flow into Nigeria, and be used it to generate electricity and then give a dedicated supply to Niger Republic in return for their gesture.
If Nigeria messes up with this arrangement, Niger Republic would simply construct a dam over river Nigeria (for their won electricity), and Nigeria would suffer greatly as the whole of Kainji dam would dry out without water.

That is a true story.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by lelion: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2023
You are very correct my brother. You are well informed. I work with Niger Basin Authority ( NBA). in Niger Republic since 15 years now. NBA manages all activities along the river Niger which covers 9 countries namely : Nigeria, Niger Republic, BΓ©nin Republic, Cameroon, Chad, Burkina, Mali, Guinea and CΓ΄te d'Ivoire...over 60% of the water body is in Niger Republic and Niger Republic is at the upstream. That means, any sanctions by Nigeria will make Niger build a dam on its section of the water and the effects will be devastating to Nigeria.

mikeapollo:

Jokers; Jokers; Jokers!
Niger Republic is the big brother here when it comes to electricity. Nigeria negotiated and entered into an agreement/contract so that Niger Republic would not to construct a dam on river Niger, so that the water would be allowed to flow into Nigeria, and be used it to generate electricity and then give a dedicated supply to Niger Republic in return for their gesture.
If Nigeria messes up with this arrangement, Niger Republic would simply construct a dam over river Nigeria (for their won electricity), and Nigeria would suffer greatly as the whole of Kainji dam would dry out without water.

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Juoflife1(f): 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2023
They will find alternative. This is how people wake up and build their economies. I still maintain that Nigeria should stay away. We cannot fight our brothers because of the west

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by iyke2frankeze: 5:48pm On Aug 02, 2023
They have Uranium in abundance. All European superpowers use nuclear power plants for energy generation and Russia will soon build one for them so they will stop wasting money and dependent on foreign energy sources.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Shaev7(m): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
Acekidc4:
Good Move in the Right Direction. Load them with more Sanctions so they can feel the Heat.
We need to wake up son.
This is a joke. Nobody goes to war without strategies. Only the best strategy wins. Wait for the next move bu Niger.
They expected this cut of power. It will only take them time, if they mean what they started, they will get over it with time.
Russia was quick enough to get to them.
Their Uranium isn't a joke for Nuclear power generation by Russia. Only watch and follow the next next headlines.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by RichDaniels: 5:52pm On Aug 02, 2023
WriterNigg:

A Nuclear power plant will be built by πŸ‡·πŸ‡Ί Russia in exchange for their natural resources. Problem solved

So your small brain told you that a nuclear plant would be built in three days. Before the nuclear plant is complete, Niger's economy would have been a walking carcass. It takes 30 years to finish a nuclear plant to power the entire Niger, not to talk of the billions of dollars, which would equate to Russia giving Niger the same worth of the Niger's entire economy. Russia that doesn't have money to fund a war with Ukraine is going to build nuclear plant for Niger, the way some of you reason should be studied in Havard.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by okoloto: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
So we dey give other country steady power supply when we hardly get one hour supply in a day. This country na real joke. Our leader are the most stupid leader in the whole wide world. I spit.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by Newness2019: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
Sergio101:
Nigeria will really mess them up

NIGERIA WILL SOON MESS HERSELF UP BIG TIME.
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by NLPoliceWoman: 5:56pm On Aug 02, 2023
Moneyyyy09:

Mugun ........
arindin.

Seun Mynd44 Dominique Justwise.
Rule 2
Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by StJasper(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2023
WriterNigg:

How soon will the nuclear power plant be constructed for the people to start using?

You people don't just see anything good to say about this great nation.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Commences Sanctions Against Niger, Cuts Off Electricity Supply by StJasper(m): 5:58pm On Aug 02, 2023
RichDaniels:

So your small brain told you that a nuclear plant would be built in three days. Before the nuclear plant is complete, Niger's economy would have been a walking carcass. It takes 30 years to finish a nuclear plant to power the entire Niger, not to talk of the billions of dollars, which would equate to Russia giving Niger the same worth of the Niger's entire economy. Russia that doesn't have money to fund a war with Ukraine is going to build nuclear plant for Niger, the way some of you reason should be studied in Havard.

Don't mind them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Wanted Pussy Riot Band Leader Escapes Russia By Wearing A Food Delivery Disguise / Russia Hits Ukrainian Oil And Gas Facilities In Wave Of Attacks (Photo) / Soldier Who Joined Army Just To Become Expert At Killing Black People Kicked Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 166
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.