Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,122 members, 7,811,157 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:38 AM

Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football (28099 Views)

Eden Hazard Retires From professional football At 32 / Legendary Captain Gianluigi Buffon Returns To Juventus / UCL: Gianluigi Buffon Mocked After Manchester United Goal Error (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Nigeriagood(m): 7:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
oyeb15:
How keeper dey get injured still dey surprise me.

You hardly run,tackle and can just fly anyhow so they won't blame u for not trying to save d goal.
Smh low IQ 😔
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Nigeriagood(m): 7:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
seventhchild:
You can't call him a legend because he didn't win the Uefa champions League...He is overrated
I can guess you are a Ronaldo fan from your stupidity,Stefan Ortega has won the champions league then he's a legend angry
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Elxandre(m): 8:10pm On Aug 02, 2023
DenreleDave:
grin grin

This guy show Penaldo pepper.. Denied Penaldo of world cup semi final, euro 2021 and so much more

Ronaldo will be very happy to hear this
When did Portugal play Italy in the world cup?
The reverse is actually true. Ronaldo frustrated him in the Champions league and denied him of that.
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by 8stargeneral: 8:13pm On Aug 02, 2023
Happy retirement legend
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:19pm On Aug 02, 2023
Happy retirement legend
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Maobichek: 8:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
belshazzar:
Dida didn’t Even played a single match in the 2002 world cup. Dida was fantastic but dude, he is no where near Buffon.

The best of Dida was the Champions League final between AC Milan vs Juventus at Old Trafford, AC Milan won via penalty kick. That final both Dida and Buffon was at their best but Milan won. Despite that, Buffon was better than Dida as goalkeepers.

1 Like

Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by kendrick93(m): 8:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
tishbite42:

I was shell shocked when I read the gibberish
Great modern keepers are
Kahn Buffon Schmeichel Casillas van der Sar Cech, maybe Lehmann

Dida Valdes Reina Barthez are in the clown group
Not forgetting Manuel Neuer who is arguably the GOAT

1 Like

Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Buffalo2(m): 8:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
9jatriot:
Dida? Revered??

Abi non be Brazil Atlanta 96 goal keeper be Dida again? If yes, how on earth does the world revered go alongside his name?
I wonder oo
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Tosin67: 9:14pm On Aug 02, 2023
seventhchild:
You can't call him a legend because he didn't win the Uefa champions League...He is overrated

Buffon overrated? Which day u start to watch ball make we start from there first.
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Vokians(m): 9:45pm On Aug 02, 2023
Fareware Buffoon!
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Omobalo67: 9:55pm On Aug 02, 2023
tishbite42:

I was shell shocked when I read the gibberish
Great modern keepers are
Kahn Buffon Schmeichel Casillas van der Sar Cech, maybe Lehmann

Dida Valdes Reina Barthez are in the clown group

How lehmann?

Where Neuer?
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by tishbite42: 10:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omobalo67:

How lehmann?

Where Neuer?
Im talking about the 90s and 00s
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by tishbite42: 10:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
kendrick93:
Not forgetting Manuel Neuer who is arguably the GOAT
GOAT in your dreams
How about Lev Yashin, the only GK with a Ballon D'Or
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by fineberry(m): 4:13am On Aug 03, 2023
Buffon is a guy that in ramifications is worth celebrating, he came, he saw and he conquered. I know he many time you'll think it's all over for Italy but this guy will just come to their rescue.

Buffon deserve an hero retirement mehn, he has paid his dues.......just try to doing your best is the lesson meant here
Gidi Buffon ....more greater height....na man wey u be
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by simfrost90210: 6:04am On Aug 03, 2023
Maobichek:

No one compares the two ok, Dida won Champions League, World Cup, Seria A but Buffon is ahead of him in all ramification.

How on earth is Buffon ahead of Dida if he never won the UEFA Champions League??!
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by simfrost90210: 6:07am On Aug 03, 2023
ojehmario1969:
Buffon was the first goalkeeper in history to keep a clean sheet in the Champions League in 4 different decades:
🧤 1990
🧤2000
🧤2010
🧤2020
GOATkeeper. smiley

Pls explain, no vex!
Is he kept these clean sheets in the years aforementioned, then how was his team usually eliminated from the competition without goal concession? It's not just very clear to me!
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Prochuks10: 6:37am On Aug 03, 2023
Angel and Ilebaye fight over dirty Legs | Big Brother Naija All Stars

WATCH VIDEO ⬇️

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX9JYP9hKcQ

Please Share
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Maobichek: 7:06am On Aug 03, 2023
simfrost90210:

How on earth is Buffon ahead of Dida if he never won the UEFA Champions League??!

Good morning, AC Milan had the best of squad then, i will encourage you to google AC Milan squad and Juve squad then ok. Juve even held the match to a goalless draw after 120 minutes of play.

Penalty kick is not an avenue to judge goalkeepers but their actual composure, performance and clean sheet. Not even that Dida was outstanding in that penalty because David Tranzequet and one other player played wide.

Lastly, I'm a Milan supporter, i watched Milan during Stam days. Dida was good but Buffon was better.
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by victory36(m): 7:17am On Aug 03, 2023
seventhchild:
He won the world cup which is far more prestigious than any other title
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Mwanamume(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2023
oyeb15:
How keeper dey get injured still dey surprise me.

You hardly run,tackle and can just fly anyhow so they won't blame u for not trying to save d goal.

Babana, goalkeeper trainings dey more strenuous ooo...You no go believe and their injuries d more serious when it happens
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Faustys: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2023
GIANLUIGI BUFFON DECIDED TO RETIRE FROM FOOTBALL. #GianluigiBuffon #Greatestofalltime #GOAT #FootballNews #FaustysNews
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyoDIplkPIA

Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by simfrost90210: 9:00am On Aug 03, 2023
Maobichek:

Good morning, AC Milan had the best of squad then, i will encourage you to google AC Milan squad and Juve squad then ok. Juve even held the match to a goalless draw after 120 minutes of play.

Penalty kick is not an avenue to judge goalkeepers but their actual composure, performance and clean sheet. Not even that Dida was outstanding in that penalty because David Tranzequet and one other player played wide.

Lastly, I'm a Milan supporter, i watched Milan during Stam days. Dida was good but Buffon was better.

I thought Stam was a CB in Lazio with Hernan Crespo and Claudio Lopez as at then🤔😏 if my memory is still clear with those times i was so addicted to WinningEleven in Play station 1..
Ọmọ, football those days were the sweetest!

Back to our talk.. I greet you too.. See eeeh, you're right in your aspect, my brother.. In terms of performance, GiGi Buffon is far better than Dida but in the world of football which you and i know, it's the team trophy that counts much more than individual achievements!!! Let's use CR7 and Kylian Mbappe as case study.. In terms of personal achievements in world football, Mbappe is not near half of CR7's.. But Mbappe has won the highest trophy in football which CR7 has never and might never win, not minding the incredible superstars Portugal have put in place over these years! ...... What A Wow!

I trust you get my point now!
But you're perfectly right in your submission!

1 Like

Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Agent17th: 9:11am On Aug 03, 2023
LIVINGICONREBOR:
Respect!!
Nah goalkeeper be this. U don try.
Even the most revered Dida didn't come close.

How is Dida revered ?

Buffon was a better kepper
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Agent17th: 9:41am On Aug 03, 2023
seventhchild:

What is more than the world cup.
Since the name was changed to UCL, mention UCL winning keepers that are better than Buffon . Only the names mentioned below are worthy challengers.

peter Schmeichel, Petr Cech, manuel Neur, Oliver Kahn and Iker Casillas. The rest are no match.

UCL isn't the ONLY criterion for defining great keepers
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Maobichek: 10:19am On Aug 03, 2023
simfrost90210:

I thought Stam was a CB in Lazio with Hernan Crespo and Claudio Lopez as at then🤔😏 if my memory is still clear with those times i was so addicted to WinningEleven in Play station 1..
Ọmọ, football those days were the sweetest!

Back to our talk.. I greet you too.. See eeeh, you're right in your aspect, my brother.. In terms of performance, GiGi Buffon is far better than Dida but in the world of football which you and i know, it's the team trophy that counts much more than individual achievements!!! Let's use CR7 and Kylian Mbappe as case study.. In terms of personal achievements in world football, Mbappe is not near half of CR7's.. But Mbappe has won the highest trophy in football which CR7 has never and might never win, not minding the incredible superstars Portugal have put in place over these years! ...... What A Wow!

I trust you get my point now!
But you're perfectly right in your submission!

You aptly got what i said, you are indeed a good analyst with good reading of the leather-round-object game.

Dida is still in Milan in the coaching crew and Buffon will definitely be absolve into Italian senior team or Juve.

1 Like

Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by sylve11: 10:42am On Aug 03, 2023
Legend Buffon.

Best of the rest. cool
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by belshazzar(m): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2023
Maobichek:

The best of Dida was the Champions League final between AC Milan vs Juventus at Old Trafford, AC Milan won via penalty kick. That final both Dida and Buffon was at their best but Milan won. Despite that, Buffon was better than Dida as goalkeepers.
no doubt dida was great in his prime, but buffon, the consistency is surreal, dude never really had a prime, he had primes

1 Like

Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Sensiblerealist: 11:42am On Aug 03, 2023
Dida bawo! Most revered lounloun. Wetin you go com talk about Casillas, Cech, Valdez, Van Der Saar
Etc

LIVINGICONREBOR:
Respect!!
Nah goalkeeper be this. U don try.
Even the most revered Dida didn't come close.
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by MrBONE2(m): 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
grin
DenreleDave:
grin grin

This guy show Penaldo pepper.. Denied Penaldo of world cup semi final, euro 2021 and so much more

Ronaldo will be very happy to hear this

Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Ojoolawale1(m): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2023
shocked
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by Slimwhyt(m): 1:26pm On Aug 03, 2023
Finally, him don pay the mafians way him dey owe grin

Coz, I no understand why him never retire since if no be say him dey owe money. cheesy

Na joke I dey o!
Happy retirement legend. Football can never forget you.
Re: Legendary Italian Goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon Retires From Football by kalufelix(m): 1:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
a YO-YO goal keeper that goofed alot..was lucky to have played with the best m'fielders and ball ballers...overated by a margin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From The Closing Ceremony Of AFCON 2019 / List Of Invited Super Eagles Player For South Africa Match / Enyimba FC Throws Shade At Manchester United After UCL Ouster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.