Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. (46449 Views)

Kenya's Electric Okada (Boda Boda) / Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Luxembourg Makes Public Transportation Free, Becomes First Country (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by erico2k2(m): 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
oyeb15:

They are setting up power stations. Moreover,it can be charged at home but will take hours. It's like using 2litre petrol to gain 12 litre energy.
what is 12 litre Energy please xplain I never hear this one B4 in my 20-year Engineering career!
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by lexy2014: 5:31pm On Aug 02, 2023
gmo10:
Way to go

Modified

I am just wondering if it is possible for Joe Ajaero, who openly aligned with Peter Obi, to be politically neutral and act in the national interest. This protest and nationwide strike he has called for looks like a political stunt, especially considering that the current government has agreed to increase the minimum wage and that all major presidential candidates, except Kwankwaso, agreed that they would remove fuel subsidies. Including Peter Obi, who said they would go IMMEDIATELY.

This strike is unnecessary and very ill-timed, more so when Nigeria is facing a crisis in Niger Republic that could spill over into Nigeria and destabilise our economy and political institutions.

I may not support President Tinubu, but the palliatives and measures he announced two days ago were far-reaching and should have caused Labour and Ajaero to pause. But it didn't. What is their agenda? This is about Nigeria, and it is time for us to be patriotic and do what is in the country's best interest, no matter who is President. I am not sure that Ajaero would take this action if his friend, Peter Obi, were President.

What exactly does Joe Ajaero want? Even his own home state of Imo has introduced palliatives.

Should Nigeria continue to spend more on fuel subsidies than she spends on education, health, and housing? How is that economically viable?

And can Mr Ajaero explain why the pump fuel price in neighbouring Benin Republic went up as soon as Nigeria ended fuel subsidies?

Nobody should take us backwards to a Buhari era where we were borrowing to pay for fuel subsidies and tripled our foreign debt with nothing to show for it. Fuel subsidies must go, whether this present NLC likes it or not.

How is This strike unnecessary and very ill-timed?

How is Nigeria facing a crisis in Niger Republic?

How does Niger coup prevent nigerians from asking for a better standard of living?

How will the Niger issue spill over into Nigeria and how will destabilse our economy?

Which of our that political institutions will the Niger situation destabilize?

What are the palliatives and measures Tinubu announced two days ago and how were they far-reaching?

Can you pls tell me how much did buhari borrow to pay for fuel subsidy?
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by daylae(m): 5:32pm On Aug 02, 2023
So, they go dey charge am for government house abi.
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by lexy2014: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Ogun state revenue alone is bigger than the entire southeast

Has that made Ogun state as beautiful as Tokyo or Sydney?
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by naptu2: 5:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
erico2k2:

I never meant it cant be done however I am speaking from the point of making it commercially viable ie making profit. As it stands in the west people are now complaining about Electric cars cos it adds hours to your journey. It is just of recent Nigerians realise that the so called Electric storage device UPS is a scam cos of Prepaid meter. If you fully charge that bike from 8am to 8pm running time U might spend N10k electricity, check it in petrol. and if you use generator to charge the bike then your guess is as good as mine

I didn't give you grammar. I gave you an example of someone that is actually doing it commercially in Nigeria. A private individual, not even government. He has been doing it (running commercial electric bus service) for years.

1 Like

Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by TheBillyonaire: 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2023
Okada again?
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Jeyun: 5:35pm On Aug 02, 2023
gmo10:
Way to go

Modified

I am just wondering if it is possible for Joe Ajaero, who openly aligned with Peter Obi, to be politically neutral and act in the national interest. This protest and nationwide strike he has called for looks like a political stunt, especially considering that the current government has agreed to increase the minimum wage and that all major presidential candidates, except Kwankwaso, agreed that they would remove fuel subsidies. Including Peter Obi, who said they would go IMMEDIATELY.

This strike is unnecessary and very ill-timed, more so when Nigeria is facing a crisis in Niger Republic that could spill over into Nigeria and destabilise our economy and political institutions.

I may not support President Tinubu, but the palliatives and measures he announced two days ago were far-reaching and should have caused Labour and Ajaero to pause. But it didn't. What is their agenda? This is about Nigeria, and it is time for us to be patriotic and do what is in the country's best interest, no matter who is President. I am not sure that Ajaero would take this action if his friend, Peter Obi, were President.

What exactly does Joe Ajaero want? Even his own home state of Imo has introduced palliatives.

Should Nigeria continue to spend more on fuel subsidies than she spends on education, health, and housing? How is that economically viable?

And can Mr Ajaero explain why the pump fuel price in neighbouring Benin Republic went up as soon as Nigeria ended fuel subsidies?

Nobody should take us backwards to a Buhari era where we were borrowing to pay for fuel subsidies and tripled our foreign debt with nothing to show for it. Fuel subsidies must go, whether this present NLC likes it or not.

their agenda is that federal government fail to mention refinary in the last state address. That putting our rifinary to order should be the best palative that can reduce to cost of fuel. NLC is asking tinubu why is none of our refinary working and staff are been paid.
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Finestgurlie(f): 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Godwin4444:
I am in Ibadan n igbos full everywhere selling fake chargers on wheel barrow
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2
tribal slurs
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by erico2k2(m): 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
naptu2:

I didn't give you grammar. I gave you an example of someone that is actually doing it commercially in Nigeria. A private individual, not even government. He has been doing it (running commercial electric bus service) for years.
Only cos he does not pay the full electric cost simply put.Install a prepaid meter in his coy se if he dnt go bck to Petrol
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Finestgurlie(f): 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Godwin4444:
I am in Ibadan n igbos full everywhere selling fake chargers on wheel barrow

No b same village that is better than Ibadan dem come from?
mynd44 lalasticlala Seun Dominique nlfpmod Mukina2
Rule 2
tribal slurs
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by NaijaCover(m): 5:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
Following The Update
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by naptu2: 5:38pm On Aug 02, 2023
erico2k2:

Only cos he does not pay the full electric cost simply put.Install a prepaid meter in his coy se if he dnt go bck to Petrol

Jesus Christ of Nazareth! You don't even know how he generates his electricity and you are trying to tell me about it?

Kai!
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by ada9ja(f): 5:39pm On Aug 02, 2023
Godwin4444:
Some people are burning their region (paradise) n running away to the place they love to mock

They are economic scavengers but na them make mouth pass

Same as the south-westerner still acting like slaves
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by INDOMIE9090(f): 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2023
ada9ja:

Same as the south-westerner still acting like slaves
only slaves sit at home compulsorily on Monday
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Chucks13: 5:44pm On Aug 02, 2023
Omoawoke2:

Ogun state revenue alone is bigger than the entire southeast

The chart you gave blew my mind so SW contributing that much to revenue? Then I don my cap for SW bro sentiment apart.
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Igboslayer: 5:45pm On Aug 02, 2023
Godwin4444:
Some people are burning their region (paradise) n running away to the place they love to mock

They are economic scavengers but na them make mouth pass

Economic scavenger is the best description for them.
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Kobicove(m): 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2023
Is this rugged enough to be used for commercial purpose? undecided
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by IamAtAnger: 5:47pm On Aug 02, 2023
Mumu na solar dem dey use charge am.. make una dey try do some research be4 una juz open mouth like gutter talk
inoki247:
Lol so dem go dey carry am go Benin Republic go charge cos light to charge no dey Nigeria oh Incase you forget....

Bkuz Benin Republic wey dey sell am get 247 electricity....
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Omootayo123(m): 5:49pm On Aug 02, 2023
Dapo Abiodun of Ogun State. Welldone. Lol
this is a great developmentin undeveloped town. Lol
naptu2:
Governors from the western part of Nigeria were in Benin Republic to mark its independence anniversary.

Prince Dr. Dapo Abiodun - MFR, CON @dabiodunMFR

https://twitter.com/dabiodunMFR/status/1686675962761453568
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by izubext007: 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
would the common man who struggles to pay house rent be able to afford this power bike for okada business
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by INDOMIE9090(f): 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
Chucks13:

The chart you gave blew my mind so SW contributing that much to revenue? Then I don my cap for SW bro sentiment apart.
that was the revenue generated last year 2022.
Revenue generated from ogun state beats the whole SE hands down.but dunnot knw wetin dapo dey use the money do.
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Aug 02, 2023
Okada Gov see as he jump inside, you won't ask us if we can replicate it before jumping to procure it ....abi wetin dey Okay and Keke technology that can't be understood .. na so India chop our money with Keke.
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by caracas: 5:51pm On Aug 02, 2023
Las las na still fuel dem go use charge am
Cos no light for nija….
Apc n foolishness na 5and 6
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Pythagoras001: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
No sense in this. Public mass transit system is a better alternative.
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Nordy: 5:53pm On Aug 02, 2023
Nathan2016:
is it another ogun state or the same one we know?

I see a white elephant project

No mind that guy man, he is looking for where to cash out people's money all in the name of palliative. Ordinary good road is very scarce in that state.
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by INDOMIE9090(f): 5:55pm On Aug 02, 2023
caracas:

Mumu like me just full nairaland
you don’t need to tell cos we knw already
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Moneyboyz: 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
To be used on which roads?
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by blackdover: 6:01pm On Aug 02, 2023
Make una sha come buy powerbank wey you go use charge am.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by Cajal(m): 6:06pm On Aug 02, 2023
The one in Oyo is clueless
Re: Ogun State To Provide Electric Okada For Public Transportation. by XAUBulls: 6:12pm On Aug 02, 2023
raskymonojendor:
This subsidy removal thing is creating some new ideas and inventions. That's why it's not good to be comfortable in mediocrity. The cheap oil really spoilt us in Nigeria that we stopped thinking. The Indians are pushing ahead because necessity is the mother of inventions.
Absolutely! Necessity is the mother of inventions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Speeding Bus Crashes Into A Betting Shop, Destroys Everything Inside. Photos / Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot / The New Four Point Hotel In Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State (see Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.