Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone (2618 Views)

Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT / PBAT Arrives Palais Brongniart For The New Global Finance Pact In Paris / Full List Of 20 Commissioner-Nominees by Governor Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by Highlife217: 3:38pm On Aug 03, 2023
Only low IQ people care about token picks, meanwhile the economy is in the trash and inflation is sky high.
Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by gawu1: 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
NaMe4:
Who published this rubbish?

How can North Central and North East with same number of slots have different percentages?

How can NorthWest with 10 slots be 30% and SouthEast with 5 slots be 1.5%?

What's the aim of attempting to misinform others?
You misunderstood the stat there.
The first one is the number of minister for each region.
The second is the percentage of votes he got from each region.

Maybe, you can go back and see for yourself
Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by nnamdi640: 4:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
MTNnews:
If me being from Oyo hurt you to death bro na hellfire you n your entire household must perish. Break Jamb remains a noble feat but life na turn by turn n before your very eyes it will happen as it as happened before.

Now you know that life is turn by turn abi. Ode!!!
Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by nonhuman(m): 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
DevilsEqual:

As in ehn, the hatred no be here

I saw Obi had 480k in Enugu and BAR had just 4k

Whereas, Obi has more than 80k votes in the SW state with least vote for LP

Una chinedu and Adaora sabi give hate con still turn back dey expect Honey from the person cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
we don't usually like bad market , obasanjo got more vote in anambra than ojukwu, stop justification if hatred
Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by NaMe4: 10:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
gawu1:

You misunderstood the stat there.
The first one is the number of minister for each region.
The second is the percentage of votes he got from each region.

Maybe, you can go back and see for yourself

Thanks.
Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by LOVEALAIGBO: 11:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
MTNnews:
Should your rule to fairness apply to the supper eagle or super falcons ?

Many of you igbos are exceedingly foolish, when Azikwe appointed Igbo as VC in life n Unilag was that fairness ?

Where are comment from foolish souls like you demanding fairness then ? What is different from what Azikwe did n what Buhari n Tinubu is doing ?

With you analogy of your father pleasing children of one wive than the other when Ebele chose Agagun as Lagos minister how many Yoruba came here to create thread ?

You Igbo are perishing from selective amnesia n grand delusion, you think others can't tru your foolishness but reaction of bother Tinubu n Buhari shows we all can see it you.

Dude, your comparison between the vindictive, nepotistic and bigoted Buhari/Tinubu appointments and those of the super eagles/falcons is like trying to make two parallel lines meet! Your reference to the national teams would have been apt had it been the coach picking the team was Igbo and preferring to pick a preponderance of Igbo players! The reality that has been the case for decades now is that, for the most part, the coaches of our national teams have either been foreigners or non-Igbo Nigerians! So in effect, you’re actually making a case for Ndigbo and selections based mainly on merit!

On the issue of Azikiwe and the appointment of the VCs of UNILAG and Ife…leaving aside the fact Azikiwe didn’t have executive powers when he was President and thus wasn’t the one appointing anyone, can you say those appointments weren’t merited? Weren’t those the golden years of those universities as well as others in other parts of the country? Or your sole reason for not wanting those accomplished Professors to be founding VCs of the two universities in question is because they’re Igbo!? Ever since you got your way to be appointing only Yoruba Professors as VCs, how have the universities fared….what’s their ranking in Africa, never mind globally!? I stand to be corrected, but weren’t the two universities initially federal and built/established with federal funds? If the affirmative is the case then ANY Nigerian was qualified to be their founding VCs….including UNN when it was founded! We can’t pretend to know the issues involved at the time that culminated in the appointments of the founding VCs of those universities! Then, Nigeria was just a few years old as a independent country, and the toxic, hateful and tribally charged political and governance environment we have today was yet to manifest at the time. Nigeria then, despite its schisms, was more of a true nation than is the case today!

Assuming, without conceding, that Azikiwe was wrong to have made the ‘appointments’ you say he made, are you now trying to ‘justify’ present day nepotistic, bigoted and vindictive-driven appointments because you think Azikiwe did likewise more than 6 decades ago!? See how puerile your argument is!? There is a reason why there’s a phrase such as ‘evolving nations’ or ‘evolving nationhood’! You can’t concentrate on safely driving forward when you keep on looking at your rear-view mirror…..trying to ‘justify’ wickedness today because you think the forefathers of the ethnicity you despise did same almost a century ago! And you wonder why your country is retrogressing while other countries are moving forward in leaps and bounds and solidifying their nationhood!
Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by MTNnews: 11:42am On Aug 04, 2023
Was that why you Igbo demand for Keshi sacking after winning the Nation's cup and taking Nigeria to second round of the WC which no coach after him as accomplished ?

What was Keshi's crime ? He had less Igbos though they were still majority in the team with NigerDelta Yoruba and North featured prominently in his team.

It was glaring Keshi's team selection had more merit judging with performance but did your pathetic tribe stop wailing cos you were not dominant like you use to ?

LOVEALAIGBO:

Dude, your comparison between the vindictive, nepotistic and bigoted Buhari/Tinubu appointments and those of the super eagles/falcons is like trying to make two parallel lines meet! Your reference to the national teams would have been apt had it been the coach picking the team was Igbo and preferring to pick a preponderance of Igbo players! The reality that has been the case for decades now is that, for the most part, the coaches of our national teams have either been foreigners or non-Igbo Nigerians! So in effect, you’re actually making a case for Ndigbo and selections based mainly on merit!

Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by MTNnews: 11:48am On Aug 04, 2023
Your Igbo father as to be deluded if you think the appointment were merited yet defend Azikwe having a hand in it.

Was Unilag or OAU before managed under those bastard foolish n cursed igbos ? The Azikwe university igbos managed how does it compare to both Unilag n OAU today n how do they trio rate n compare globally ?

Now, thay both Unilag n OAU are beta managed by Yoruba VC why are Yorubas not appointed as VC to Azikwe ? You can see that your father as to be mad for the effrontery to defend the crimes by you igbos in cohort with the lanutic Azikwe.

LOVEALAIGBO:

On the issue of Azikiwe and the appointment of the VCs of UNILAG and Ife…leaving aside the fact Azikiwe didn’t have executive powers when he was President and thus wasn’t the one appointing anyone, can you say those appointments weren’t merited? Weren’t those the golden years of those universities as well as others in other parts of the country? Or your sole reason for not wanting those accomplished Professors to be founding VCs of the two universities in question is because they’re Igbo!? Ever since you got your way to be appointing only Yoruba Professors as VCs, how have the universities fared….what’s their ranking in Africa, never mind globally!? I stand to be corrected, but weren’t the two universities initially federal and built/established with federal funds? If the affirmative is the case then ANY Nigerian was qualified to be their founding VCs….including UNN when it was founded! We can’t pretend to know the issues involved at the time that culminated in the appointments of the founding VCs of those universities! Then, Nigeria was just a few years old as a independent country, and the toxic, hateful and tribally charged political and governance environment we have today was yet to manifest at the time. Nigeria then, despite its schisms, was more of a true nation than is the case today!

Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by MTNnews: 11:53am On Aug 04, 2023
There is no assumption that will justify the criminalities of your senseless n foolish igbos.

You can not accept Azikwe devilishly appointed Igbo as VC of Yoruba universities with Yoruba not making a single noise about it, years after you still do not want them airing their gross over it but you foolish souls think you own the right to dictate what is fair n what is not.

Do you bigoted foolish head mean to tell us Yoruba lack manpower to be VC knowing the first university took off in Yorubaland ? The fairness your foolish soul proffer does not apply here it is your deluded Igbo imaginary merit that should apply now.

You fools stink of chronic bigotry hate yet accuse every other person of why your miserable lives is riddled with. Dude, it's a waste debating fairness with you, if igbos are not OK with minister Tinubu appointed your entire household can rot in the deepest part of hell over it.

Your criminality centuries ago should be forgotten whenever it suits you but when the table is turn same bigoted you refer to history for gratification n for your mind you are making sense.

LOVEALAIGBO:

Assuming, without conceding, that Azikiwe was wrong to have made the ‘appointments’ you say he made, are you now trying to ‘justify’ present day nepotistic, bigoted and vindictive-driven appointments because you think Azikiwe did likewise more than 6 decades ago!? See how puerile your argument is!? There is a reason why there’s a phrase such as ‘evolving nations’ or ‘evolving nationhood’! You can’t concentrate on safely driving forward when you keep on looking at your rear-view mirror…..trying to ‘justify’ wickedness today because you think the forefathers of the ethnicity you despise did same almost a century ago! And you wonder why your country is retrogressing while other countries are moving forward in leaps and bounds and solidifying their nationhood!

Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by LOVEALAIGBO: 12:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
MTNnews:
Was that why you Igbo demand for Keshi sacking after winning the Nation's cup and taking Nigeria to second round of the WC which no coach after him as accomplished ?

What was Keshi's crime ? He had less Igbos though they were still majority in the team with NigerDelta Yoruba and North featured prominently in his team.

It was glaring Keshi's team selection had more merit judging with performance but did your pathetic tribe stop wailing cos you were not dominant like you use to ?

WTF are you banging on about!? You’re rambling and sound incoherent and it’s clear you have no point, no defence and are clutching at straws! When and where did Ndigbo ‘demand for Keshis’ sacking’!? I’m waiting for your answer you this vile bigot that wants to try and ‘justify’ the unjustifiable! In any case, why would Ndigbo see Stephen Okechukwu Keshi as working against Igbo interests while being pro-Yoruba and pro-Niger Delta!? Can you adduce logical reasons why he would act this way!?

I notice you zeroed in on Stephen Keshi! Can’t find any other coach to try and make your laughable case that ‘the national football teams have a preponderance of Igbo players only because Ndigbo are being nepotistic’!?

1 Like

Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
MTNnews:
Your Igbo father as to be deluded if you think the appointment were merited yet defend Azikwe having a hand in it.

Was Unilag or OAU before managed under those bastard foolish n cursed igbos ? The Azikwe university igbos managed how does it compare to both Unilag n OAU today n how do they trio rate n compare globally ?

Now, thay both Unilag n OAU are beta managed by Yoruba VC why are Yorubas not appointed as VC to Azikwe ? You can see that your father as to be mad for the effrontery to defend the crimes by you igbos in cohort with the lanutic Azikwe.

I think comprehension is one problem you have…out of many!

To begin with, i stated that Azikiwe didn’t have executive powers to appoint anyone to position seeing as he was just a ceremonial president! Executive and hence appointive powers resided with the prime minister! At best, Azikiwe could have recommended names to the pm, and it wasn’t binding on the pm to accept the names if he found the nominees wanting or felt ‘the Yoruba were being cheated’ as you’re trying to suggest! So ultimate responsibility for the appointments lay 100% with Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa!

That being said, i also said that i stood to be corrected but i assumed UNILAG and Ife at the time of the appointments were federal universities and funded by the federal gov’t of the time. If you have any information to disprove this assertion, could you post it here? We can never learn too much so if you have proof to the contrary, post it here!

I also stated that we can’t pretend to know all the sentiments and dynamics at play at the time….more than SIX decades ago, and that Nigeria was much less divided, more of a cohesive unit and was a NEW and evolving country! Had those appointments been made today, given the toxic environment we now live in and knowing the mutual suspicions and ethno-religious sentiments presently at play in Nigeria, even i would have condemned such a move just so insecure twerps like you wouldn’t jab your finger at Ndigbo as you accuse us of ‘greed, covetousness and wanting to take over’!

Azikiwe, amongst other things, was an idealist and had more of a pan-Nigerian world view than his contemporaries of the time and had his vision for Nigeria materialised, i’m sure by now we would have been more of a nation and by now would have seen a number of Yoruba and other ethnicities as VCs of UNN….ditto other major universities in other regions of the country! Remember we’re talking of the same man who rooted for. Fulani to be the first elected Mayor of the then capital of the Eastern Region!
Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by MTNnews: 1:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Narration of what you said - Nigeria was not divided then as it was a cohesive unit with Azikwe an Igbo powerless president ruling with the all powerful Tafawa Balewa with either of them appointing none indigene to head university in thier region n we should ignore all politics at play then but we should take all politics into cognisance now because as Igbo you are cursed beyond measure over Tinubu appointment of igbos as minister not appointing Yoruba as minister for Igbos.

Many of you are born foolish n you know it but you need someone to reinforce how foolish many of you miserable lot are from time to time

LOVEALAIGBO:

I think comprehension is one problem you have…out of many!

To begin with, i stated that Azikiwe didn’t have executive powers to appoint anyone to position seeing as he was just a ceremonial president! Executive and hence appointive powers resided with the prime minister! At best, Azikiwe could have recommended names to the pm, and it wasn’t binding on the pm to accept the names if he found the nominees wanting or felt ‘the Yoruba were being cheated’ as you’re trying to suggest! So ultimate responsibility for the appointments lay 100% with Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa!

That being said, i also said that i stood to be corrected but i assumed UNILAG and Ife at the time of the appointments were federal universities and funded by the federal gov’t of the time. If you have any information to disprove this assertion, could you post it here? We can never learn too much so if you have proof to the contrary, post it here!

I also stated that we can’t pretend to know all the sentiments and dynamics at play at the time….more than SIX decades ago, and that Nigeria was much less divided, more of a cohesive unit and was a NEW and evolving country! Had those appointments been made today, given the toxic environment we now live in and knowing the mutual suspicions and ethno-religious sentiments presently at play in Nigeria, even i would have condemned such a move just so insecure twerps like you wouldn’t jab your finger at Ndigbo as you accuse us of ‘greed, covetousness and wanting to take over’!

Azikiwe, amongst other things, was an idealist and had more of a pan-Nigerian world view than his contemporaries of the time and had his vision for Nigeria materialised, i’m sure by now we would have been more of a nation and by now would have seen a number of Yoruba and other ethnicities as VCs of UNN….ditto other major universities in other regions of the country! Remember we’re talking of the same man who rooted for. Fulani to be the first elected Mayor of the then capital of the Eastern Region!
Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by MTNnews: 1:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
That's easy which coach had the least Igbo in the super Eagles compare to Keshi n which of those coaches performed beta than Keshi yet was sacked in the history of Nigeria ?

You igbos think we are all naive to your criminality but cos Nigerians do make sensless noise like you does not mean we are not aware of you shenanigans.

LOVEALAIGBO:

WTF are you banging on about!? You’re rambling and sound incoherent and it’s clear you have no point, no defence and are clutching at straws! When and where did Ndigbo ‘demand for Keshis’ sacking’!? I’m waiting for your answer you this vile bigot that wants to try and ‘justify’ the unjustifiable! In any case, why would Ndigbo see Stephen Okechukwu Keshi as working against Igbo interests while being pro-Yoruba and pro-Niger Delta!? Can you adduce logical reasons why he would act this way!?

I notice you zeroed in on Stephen Keshi! Can’t find any other coach to try and make your laughable case that ‘the national football teams have a preponderance of Igbo players only because Ndigbo are being nepotistic’!?

Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by Okwyjesus(m): 1:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
joelbooks:
2023 BAT MINISTERIAL NOMINEES - BY ZONE

MINISTERS
North West: 10
South West: 9
North Central: 8
North East: 8
South South: 7
South East: 5

VOTES FOR BAT, %
North West: 30.0%
South West: 25.9%
North Central: 20.0%
North East: 13.5%
South South: 9.1%
South East: 1.5%

North - 26
South -21

I like how the North was fully compensated for their hardwork

Now SS is 8. And when lgbos vote elsewhere in next election someone will come to tell you bruhahas.

Who can endure what lgbos did in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 2023 PBAT Ministerial Nominees - By Zone by LOVEALAIGBO: 3:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
MTNnews:
There is no assumption that will justify the criminalities of your senseless n foolish igbos.

You can not accept Azikwe devilishly appointed Igbo as VC of Yoruba universities with Yoruba not making a single noise about it, years after you still do not want them airing their gross over it but you foolish souls think you own the right to dictate what is fair n what is not.

Do you bigoted foolish head mean to tell us Yoruba lack manpower to be VC knowing the first university took off in Yorubaland ? The fairness your foolish soul proffer does not apply here it is your deluded Igbo imaginary merit that should apply now.

You fools stink of chronic bigotry hate yet accuse every other person of why your miserable lives is riddled with. Dude, it's a waste debating fairness with you, if igbos are not OK with minister Tinubu appointed your entire household can rot in the deepest part of hell over it.

Your criminality centuries ago should be forgotten whenever it suits you but when the table is turn same bigoted you refer to history for gratification n for your mind you are making sense.

Yet more misplaced aggression and rants!

I wonder why you’re giving a pass to the person who actually made the appointments while focusing all your attention on Azikiwe and Ndigbo!? Are they your worst nightmare!?

Still waiting for you to furnish us with details of the ownership of the universities in question! It’s possible they could have been built/owned by the Western Region of the time and the federal gov’t usurped their powers to appoint VCs….it’s possible you may know more than i on the ownership issue, so waiting for your reply on this! Otherwise, the position of VC would be open to all qualified Nigerians! The fact you despise Ndigbo like mad and hence can’t sleep well because they were the pioneer VCs of the universities in question….all that is of no consequence and besides the point! Are you equally furious that a lot of the hydrocarbon resources of the Niger Delta (of which parts of Alaigbo make up….like my LGA in Rivers state) were used to develop the Lagos you’re now claiming sole ownership of today!? I bet not!

You miss the point when you want to brag that OAU and UNILAG rank higher than UNN! Your rabid hatred for Ndigbo has made you take leave of your senses and not see the bigger picture! Everything about your ilk is dick-measuring with the Igbo and this makes you loose sight of the bigger picture! When i talk of how universities in your region are now faring i’m not talking of how they’re doing against universities in the south-east….rather i’m talking of how they rank globally! Your bigotry is limiting your ambitions and you’re satisfied once you think you’re doing better than the ‘hated’ local competition! I, on the other hand, see ‘one Nigeria’ as a limiting factor to my people achieving their best….especially since 2015!

Nigeria has been operating the political-economy and structure of governance promoted and sustained since the late 60s to date by the ruling Fulani military/political hegemony and their Yoruba allies! Now you’ve gotten rid of the Igbo ‘bogeyman’….the ‘cause’ of your economic and academic retrogression as you’d have us believe, how is your regional economy and how are your universities now faring when compared with their peers internationally!? I bet if i check now, even universities in Ghana and Uganda rank higher than the ones in Nigeria, yet that doesn’t concern you just so long as you’re ‘better’ than the universities in the south-east!

Logic is wasted on you Tinubu minions because all your greedy, power-hungry ass is concerned with is how to grab, snatch and run with power! And you’re not fussy or have any moral scruples on how you go about achieving it!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arewa has Started Crying Over Appointments Made By Tinubu / Are Nigerian Soldiers Ready To Risk Their Lives? / 63 Days Of Lies: Full List - Can Any Beat These?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.