Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,930 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (119795 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:53pm On Aug 03, 2023
The tribunal court in concepcion

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by plat0: 8:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
Congratulations bro!
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
How public bus transport is in Chile. You just load like 700 naira on your bip card and you can go anywhere you want multiple times per day

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by chukwuebuka65(m): 9:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Congratulations sir.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nmaemeka: 9:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Congrats,
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:32pm On Aug 03, 2023
I have this Chilean friend I met online that has been begging me to try their food and all she has recommended has Been wack. Chilean food is tasteless. Omho I go just buy rice once I move into my house. Also saw a fire service truck. Here they come to an emergency in less than 5 minutes

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by haybhi1(m): 10:06pm On Aug 03, 2023
Congrats, Tenza. You know I root for you always. I'm glad you succeed ultimately.

1. Did you submit Marine Engineering degree as your BSc cert. or another BSc?

2. How much does/can this whole process roughly cost, from application to finish? And how much should one budget were it to be a BSc programme?

3. Will they accept BSc from online university, for a Masters application?

4. Do they accept Duolingo certificate?

5. Which other countries offer free education like Brazil and speak Spanish?

6. How much does the school fees cost yearly for an international student?

7. How much does the school fees cost yearly for BSc programme run by international student in Computer Science?

Abeg help me tend to this questions, whether my brother fit join you in a year's time. Greater you.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:13pm On Aug 03, 2023
haybhi1:
Congrats, Tenza. You know I root for you always. I'm glad you succeed ultimately.

1. Did you submit Marine Engineering degree as your BSc cert. or another BSc?

2. How much does/can this whole process roughly cost, from application to finish? And how much should one budget were it to be a BSc programme?

3. Will they accept BSc from online university, for a Masters application?

4. Do they accept Duolingo certificate?

5. Which other countries offer free education like Brazil and speak Spanish?

6. How much does the school fees cost yearly for an international student?

7. How much does the school fees cost yearly for BSc programme run by international student in Computer Science?

Abeg help me tend to this questions, whether my brother fit join you in a year's time. Greater you.

Yes, I used my marine engineering bsc but I also submitted reference letters from my boss and I spoke about my software engineering experience in my motivational and reference letters.

The major problem with getting admission in Chile is the legalisation process. Regarding on how the school wants it the thing can take more than a million or less. Some schools insists on legalisation when applying for admission. So you will legalise before applying and also legalise your police certificate when applying for visa so double process

I don't know about online bachelor's. You need to ask the schools.

Duolingo no get certificate for Spanish exam. They accept dele or a legalised document from a language school

Argentina does but she has a currency crisis.

School fees in Chile is per program not per year. The cheapest programs are like 6000 to 8000 usd. The more expensive ones are 15000 and above.

Lol you have to be rich to do a bsc in computer science in Chile. Your brother should go to Argentina where studying is free. He can be a citizen before he graduates. The argentinian passport is very strong too.

52 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
Also notice that all apartment blocks have mini parks and playgrounds.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Anonime1105(m): 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
Pepper us with more pictures bro!

8 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by sageb: 10:49pm On Aug 03, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

Second is the airport in concepcion.

Third is my Uber ride from the airport to my Airbnb

Congratulations
I thought you travelled to Brazil but anyway, Chile is cool.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by haybhi1(m): 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Yes, I used my marine engineering bsc but I also submitted reference letters from my boss and I spoke about my software engineering experience in my motivational and reference letters.

The major problem with getting admission in Chile is the legalisation process. Regarding on how the school wants it the thing can take more than a million or less. Some schools insists on legalisation when applying for admission. So you will legalise before applying and also legalise your police certificate when applying for visa so double process

Duolingo no get certificate for Spanish exam. They accept dele or a legalised document from a language school

School fees in Chile is per program not per year. The cheapest programs are like 6000 to 8000 usd. The more expensive ones are 15000 and above.

Lol you have to be rich to do a bsc in computer science in Chile. Your brother should go to Argentina where studying is free. He can be a citizen before he graduates. The argentinian passport is very strong too.

Thanks, chief. Make I make more research about Argentina and the legalisation stuff.

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by haybhi1(m): 11:19pm On Aug 03, 2023
Looking it up atm, Argentina is looking interesting. What insights and advice do you have regarding it, Tenza?

Please be frank, as always, as well as explicative as you can, baba.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
haybhi1:
Looking it up atm, Argentina is looking interesting. What insights and advice do you have regarding it, Tenza?

Please be frank, as always, as well as explicative as you can, baba.

Mail the universities there. The only thing I know about Argentina is the strong passport and the universities are free.

13 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by olatuneji: 11:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
Congratulations Tanza!!!!
You really put in effort towards this.

My question bro, whether Chile or Brazil, is it possible for students to work and the same study. Are students permitted to find jobs and joggle it academic?
Also, how do they perceive and how receptive
are they towards immigrants?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:03am On Aug 04, 2023
olatuneji:
Congratulations Tanza!!!!
You really put in effort towards this.

My question bro, whether Chile or Brazil, is it possible for students to work and the same study.
Also, how do they perceive and how receptive
are they towards immigrants?

In Chile your student visa allows you to work for up to 30 hours a week. I don't know how many hours it is for Brasil. Everyone has been nice to me here in Chile. Even if they weren't nice I don't care. Better to live with racists in a prosperous country than tribalists in a poverty stricken hellhole.

165 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 12:22am On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

In Chile your student visa allows you to work for up to 30 hours a week. I don't know how many hours it is for Brasil. Everyone has been nice to me here in Chile. Even if they weren't nice I don't care. Better to live with racists in a prosperous country than tribalists in a poverty stricken hellhole.

Up national!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin

But seriously, 30 hours a week in a country where permanent residency is assured after graduate studies that enjoys easy access to the US labour market is a Big Win. Nobody has researched immigration policies more than you. Respect! cool

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by mrmislim: 12:50am On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Congratulations Tensa, I want to ask if coming with family is allowed, if it is, must all of us know how to speak the language?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:51am On Aug 04, 2023
mrmislim:

Congratulations Tensa, I want to ask if coming with family is allowed, if it is, must all of us know how to speak the language?

You can bring dependents. Your family members especially children will suffer if they can't speak Spanish. Theres no English here o.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by mrmislim: 1:03am On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

You can bring dependents. Your family members especially children will suffer if they can't speak Spanish. Theres no English here o.

Thanks for the reply, my child is just a little over 1year old and then my husband. Please how much can it cost if coming with 2 more people? Do you have an idea?

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 1:05am On Aug 04, 2023
mrmislim:

Thanks for the reply, my child is just a little over 1year old and then my husband. Please how much can it cost if coming with 2 more people? Do you have an idea?

It depends on the city. Your husband can work full time as a dependent while you are limited to 30 hours a week. If it's a one year child then you have no issues. The child will grow up knowing Spanish. If you are in santiago you would need at least 1500 usd a month with family. Santiago is very expensive but you can get by with 700 to 1000 in other cities. Minimum wage in Chile is 500 usd a month.

24 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kaycee54321(m): 1:14am On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Africans are at the bottom of the human race. You can't even compare the most developed country in Africa to even Peru. We don't know how finished we are. We don't even have roads. What did Nigeria do with the first 20 years of independence. No roads o.

Tensa abeg no kee me 😂

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by mrmislim: 1:14am On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It depends on the city. Your husband can work full time as a dependent while you are limited to 30 hours a week. If it's a one year child then you have no issues. The child will grow up knowing Spanish. If you are in santiago you would need at least 1500 usd a month with family. Santiago is very expensive but you can get by with 700 to 1000 in other cities. Minimum wage in Chile is 500 usd a month.

Sorry for the plenty questions, I just want to take advantage of your attention that I have now before the thread becomes flooded by daybreak.

If we start processing now, how long can it take? And how long can we learn the language?

Was thinking of doing the UK stuff but since they are not allowing dependents again we changed our minds and been trying to look for other alternatives outside of the UK, US and Canada.

What do you think of Sweden?

6 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gerrard59(m): 2:51am On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

This your post reminded me when I suggested to Namibians on a forum that the Namibian government should institute a migration scheme for black people around the world to migrate to the country and set up businesses. The minimum capital should be $50K. Since the country is seemingly functional and safe, it will be a good place for black folks who want to reside in a black dominated environment that's functional and safe.

Guess wetin?

Dem no gree o! grin They said no to my suggestions and even suggested that the government should be at the forefront of creating jobs. They literally preferred communism. I was stunned! As at then, Namibia had one of the highest youth unemployment rates globally. In fact, she was top three in Africa. Guess who was number one? grin

Thankfully, the government didn't behave as her citizens. Today, Namibia has a digital nomad visa program and a migration scheme for HNWIs.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:01am On Aug 04, 2023
mrmislim:

Sorry for the plenty questions, I just want to take advantage of your attention that I have now before the thread becomes flooded by daybreak.

If we start processing now, how long can it take? And how long can we learn the language?

Was thinking of doing the UK stuff but since they are not allowing dependents again we changed our minds and been trying to look for other alternatives outside of the UK, US and Canada.

What do you think of Sweden?

Six months to a year. Sweden is very okay but much more expensive than Chile. Universities in Sweden are at least 20000 euros per year and that's just for tuition. You still have to sort out your proof of funds and the visa is not assured. You can do everything right and still be denied a visa. That 20000 euros in Chile will take you to university of Chile or pontifica catholica which are the best universities in south America and Chile and both universities are in the top 200 in the world.

I think if you can afford Sweden, you shouldn't be thinking of Chile. Chile is an alternative for people with not much money and is a solid transit point to any country.

For instance, in Chile you can get permanent residency after your program. 3 years on permanent residency and you can be a citizen. With a Chilean passport you can work in Canada without needing an LMIA and work in the US on a H1B1 visa which is just for chileans and singaporeans. You can also visit both countries without needing a visa. Chilean citizens only need to live in Spain for two years to get Spanish citizenship. Once you can get Spanish citizenship you can work anywhere in the EU especially in the much richer places like Switzerland or Luxembourg. Chileans rarely take advantage of any of these programs. For instance chileans have been exempt from LMIA in Canada since 1997 due to the Chilean Canadian trade agreement and there's still less than 30000 chileans in Canada. They don't migrate there. Also for H1B1, singaporeans use up their spots more than chileans. Chileans don't apply for it since most of them can't speak English.

Chile is a very solid stepping stone to anywhere in the world once you get the passport and is not too expensive or popular yet.

121 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by mrmislim: 3:47am On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Six months to a year. Sweden is very okay but much more expensive than Chile. Universities in Sweden are at least 20000 euros per year and that's just for tuition. You still have to sort out your proof of funds and the visa is not assured. You can do everything right and still be denied a visa. That 20000 euros in Chile will take you to university of Chile or pontifica catholica which are the best universities in south America and Chile and both universities are in the top 200 in the world.

I think if you can afford Sweden, you shouldn't be thinking of Chile. Chile is an alternative for people with not much money and is a solid transit point to any country.

For instance, in Chile you can get permanent residency after your program. 3 years on permanent residency and you can be a citizen. With a Chilean passport you can work in Canada without needing an LMIA and work in the US on a H1B1 visa which is just for chileans and singaporeans. You can also visit both countries without needing a visa. Chilean citizens only need to live in Spain for two years to get Spanish citizenship. Once you can get Spanish citizenship you can work anywhere in the EU especially in the much richer places like Switzerland or Luxembourg. Chileans rarely take advantage of any of these programs. For instance chileans have been exempt from LMIA in Canada since 1997 due to the Chilean Canadian trade agreement and there's still less than 30000 chileans in Canada. They don't migrate there. Also for H1B1, singaporeans use up their sports more than chileans. Chileans don't apply for it since most of them can't speak English.

Chile is a very solid stepping stone to anywhere in the world once you get the passport and is not too expensive or popular yet.

Oh wow, I can’t afford Sweden at the moment, I am a teacher and I’ve been thinking of looking for English teaching jobs in countries that don’t have their first language as English, so when I saw your thread I searched for more info and noticed they might need English teachers, do you think the work route is feasible or I should focus on the schooling route?

When you said 6months to 1year, are you talking about the time it’ll take to learn the language or how long it takes to process the relocation?

7 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 3:51am On Aug 04, 2023
mrmislim:

Oh wow, I can’t afford Sweden at the moment, I am a teacher and I’ve been thinking of looking for English teaching jobs in countries that don’t have their first language as English, so when I saw your thread I searched for more info and noticed they might need English teachers, do you think the work route is feasible or I should focus on the schooling route?

When you said 6months to 1year, are you talking about the time it’ll take to learn the language or how long it takes to process the relocation?

Use the schooling route and come. Getting a company to sponsor a work visa in Chile is not easy. The company needs to go to government and show their financial statements and do interviews and a whole lot. You will earn well as an English teacher here especially in santiago. You can try both. Start learning the language. Applying to jobs in Chile and applying to school. There's nothing impossible for God to do.

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by mrmislim: 3:57am On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Use the schooling route and come. Getting a company to sponsor a work visa in Chile is not easy. The company needs to go to government and show their financial statements and do interviews and a whole lot. You will earn well as an English teacher here especially in santiago. You can try both. Start learning the language. Applying to jobs in Chile and applying to school. There's nothing impossible for God to do.

You’ve been of great help and I appreciate you. Hopefully this is my last question cheesy in Naira, how much can it cost to relocate their? How much POF do they mostly require?

9 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:02am On Aug 04, 2023
mrmislim:

You’ve been of great help and I appreciate you. Hopefully this is my last question cheesy in Naira, how much can it cost to relocate their? How much POF do they mostly require?
They don't have a strict minimum proof of funds nor timeline for the proof of funds to be in the account. What I did was pay in 6 million to my account then waited like 3 weeks and got my main account and combined both together. I think with family, they can accept like 8 million. My guy told me 4 million sef will run it and I was disturbing myself a lot. The Koko will be flights for you, your husband and your daughter. You need to book like 3 months in advance to get any good deal and Chile is far. It's like a 42 hour flight to get to santiago from Lagos.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by mrmislim: 4:06am On Aug 04, 2023
lipsrsealed
tensazangetsu20:

They don't have a strict minimum proof of funds nor timeline for the proof of funds to be in the account. What I did was pay in 6 million to my account then waited like 3 weeks and got my main account and combined both together. I think with family, they can accept like 8 million. My guy told me 4 million sef will run it and I was disturbing myself a lot. The Koko will be flights for you, your husband and your daughter. You need to book like 3 months in advance to get any good deal and Chile is far. It's like a 42 hour flight to get to santiago from Lagos.
Thank you so much, I’ll reach out when I have any more questions and I’ll make my personal findings too. Enjoy your new journey and I wish you well.

32 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kingbenn(m): 4:23am On Aug 04, 2023
OP, thanks for sharing insights on this subject matter. I want to ask small pikin question, after 4 years studying, I can get my residency ba? What's the cost of studying medicine and nursing there? And is there certificate worthy of employment in countries like the US, UK, Canada and host of others?

Is the health care free? What about the education for the children just like Germany

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kingbenn(m): 4:24am On Aug 04, 2023
Per program, you mean I will pay once in four years?
tensazangetsu20:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (46) (Reply)

I Just Got A 3-Month Visa To Dubai, I Need Your Suggestions Please!!! / Lions Nap On Road In South Africa During Lockdown (Photos) / Beautiful Calabar In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.