Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (121458 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Ikpunnegi01: 5:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Congratulations bros! Those up there trying to runaway! If all of una run comot, na who una go keep the shithole for because be I don dey far already..
Re: Memoirs From Chile by izubext007: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
just chil bro, nigeria no be am
Re: Memoirs From Chile by maduxs: 5:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
Don't go and lift drugs
Re: Memoirs From Chile by odenkirk: 5:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
chile of all places
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Sapiosexuality(m): 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
Japa to Chile? shocked Culturally still a safe space than what the West is becoming.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by ufotunang: 5:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Internet infrastructure in Chile is very developed. Honestly if not for making calls you can live without getting a sim card. There's literally internet everywhere. From the airport to taxis to trains to buses to restaurants. Just putting up your wifi on any streets brings like 3 free wifi networks and this isn't even the capital city. The capital is Santiago and that's like 7 hours from here. Internet here is also very very fast. Screenshot is from the wifi at the Airbnb I am staying at
... what their official language...do they speak English? How are you going to cope with the Chile language
Re: Memoirs From Chile by stacyadams: 5:30pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Went out to get my sim card today and everywhere Is so neat and clean even the market is so neat. No papers or anything anywhere.

They say one baba bulit Lagos...is Lagos cleaner ??

grin

If Lagos clean pass make thunder faya me cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Gbenguz11: 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2023
horlahsunbo225:
Congrats bro, face your study and make us proud.
And he shouldn’t venture into drugs trafficking like our you know who people 😅

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ufotunang: 5:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
What is their official language...do they speak English over there... how will you cope with their Chile language
Re: Memoirs From Chile by cococandy(f): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Thanks for sharing. I know I’ll probably never visit Chile. Na you Make I see am for picture. Daalu

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by waleray(m): 5:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
The official language is Spanish
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Sweetvie: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Yen yen yen yen grin grin grin. You think you are talking to a dumb illiterate angry grin
U don enter front page. Nlanders will come for ugrin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by millionboi2: 5:35pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

In Chile your student visa allows you to work for up to 30 hours a week. I don't know how many hours it is for Brasil. Everyone has been nice to me here in Chile. Even if they weren't nice I don't care. Better to live with racists in a prosperous country than tribalists in a poverty stricken hellhole.
dey calm down bro, Nigeria will be better some day

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by NaijaCover(m): 5:36pm On Aug 04, 2023
Wow
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tinacrl01(m): 5:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

Second is the airport in concepcion.

Third is my Uber ride from the airport to my Airbnb

How did you do it na ??
Re: Memoirs From Chile by TheSuperX(m): 5:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Congratulations man, make sure you become a good Nigerian and stop following bad folks there, if you follow the rules there, nothing will happen to you.

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 04, 2023
Congrats my brother. You don escape from the biggest prison on earth.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by enemyofprogress: 5:40pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Pauliaette(m): 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
U will still come back and see ur crumble nation
Re: Memoirs From Chile by chukkystar(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Internet infrastructure in Chile is very developed. Honestly if not for making calls you can live without getting a sim card. There's literally internet everywhere. From the airport to taxis to trains to buses to restaurants. Just putting up your wifi on any streets brings like 3 free wifi networks and this isn't even the capital city. The capital is Santiago and that's like 7 hours from here. Internet here is also very very fast. Screenshot is from the wifi at the Airbnb I am staying at.
while mine is 77mbs
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Major7: 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2023
Congratulations bro, wishing you all the very best life has to offer there and don't forget to make us all proud. In-between 2 plots of land for sale at Ara in ilorin adjacent to kwara poly, ilorin east. It has a survey plan and the land deeds also has occupied buildings around it. Selling to raise money for investment rather than doing online begging. Price 1.5m but slightly negotiable. Please interested buyers should quote me for more details. Thanks

1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nobody: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

School

Is it an English Language school?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Offpointng: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2023
pocohantas:

Ahnahn, I thought we are friends.
You no quick drop update o. I need to escape this zoo ASAP. Even if na Niger, I no mind.

Congratulations to you!

Go get a man and marry fest

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Offpointng: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well to be honest I wont blame them. I used to think African and south american countries were the same level until I got into tech and started looking into jobs in other countries. Africans are at the bottom of the human race. You can't even compare the most developed country in Africa to even Peru. We don't know how finished we are. We don't even have roads. What did Nigeria do with the first 20 years of independence. No roads o. I am going out today and will put in more pictures

Boss I'm really so keen to know more bout that Peruvian passport gotten under 4years, is it through investment??

Allah my wish for life is to travel round the world without stress and 9ja passport won't grant me that access

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by livebullet(m): 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
Karleb:
Congratulations brotherly! This is nice. Omo, see country! 😍

Na to start to dey practice wetin you learn from duo lingo remain.

It's too sad that nobody writes about South America here and nobody cares, I don't know if it's the language barrier or something else.

For instance, people don't know studying in Brazil is free from kg to PhD, free Healthcare and free feeding cheesy, and they also started an exchange program that offers scholarship literally giving you stipends to study there.

Everyone just wan go UK and Europe with their N2m.

UK 2m? Bro u must be dreaming.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by kenodrill: 5:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

It depends on demand. I am ready to help o cause the visa process na die cheesy cheesy cheesy

Please kindly assist with every necessary info,process and cost.I'm interested sir
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

I am waiting for the donkeys that will say Chile is a sh!thole. People wey dey inhale generator fumes will now tell us that Chileans are jumping the borders into the US via Mexico.

I will be here waiting, patiently.

Chile is the most developed south American country while Nigeria is the biggest open prison on earth. Difference is like heaven and hell. Most Nigerian citizens are toxic and tribalistic.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Suspect33(m): 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
mrmislim:

Oh wow, I can’t afford Sweden at the moment, I am a teacher and I’ve been thinking of looking for English teaching jobs in countries that don’t have their first language as English , so when I saw your thread I searched for more info and noticed they might need English teachers, do you think the work route is feasible or I should focus on the schooling route?

When you said 6months to 1year, are you talking about the time it’ll take to learn the language or how long it takes to process the relocation?
JAPAN!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by OvertheTop(m): 5:49pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
One thing I noticed here is that their apartment blocks are multi storey and rental cost are cheap. Agbadorians go dey shout tinubu built Lagos but they can't afford to live in eko Atlantic and that's all they chant as achievements

Congrats Tech Bro.
Where is your final Destination?

You Really are Determined...Being that you are more than 35 years of Age....

Nice one

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Calitoscassius(m): 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
What da fork? Man! Chile? Apart from learning spanish, If you see me in Chile cut my dick off! undecided
Re: Memoirs From Chile by chaiks: 5:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
Congratulations. Is there any part time job in Chile?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (48) (Reply)

Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. / Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.