Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,595 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:43 PM

Memoirs From Chile - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memoirs From Chile (121410 Views)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / Travelling To Chile / Is Life Abroad Worth The Stress And Hype? Memoirs Of A Naturalized Immigrant. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memoirs From Chile by BJanta: 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2023
Nemesis0147:
God when 🥹
When will thy son of man leave this shithole🥹

The day you stop calling Nigeria 'shithole ' See the OP ,he has not for once called Nigeria any offensive or derogatory name. So, your future is in your hands.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Chidex50(m): 6:20pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I was in Brazil yesterday and Brazil is a very amazing country. Studying in Brazil is completely free and there's a Brazilian university in the top 100 in the world the university of Sao Paulo. If you are in tech, Brazil is a major tech hub. All major large tech firms from Google down to Salesforce have a large engineering presence in Brazil. South america is also very easy to get papers after studies compared to Europe except Finland before they changed it sha.
Pls do they teach in English?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 04, 2023
olatuneji:
Congratulations Tanza!!!!
You really put in effort towards this.

My question bro, whether Chile or Brazil, is it possible for students to work and the same study. Are students permitted to find jobs and joggle it academic?
Also, how do they perceive and how receptive
are they towards immigrants?
After you don Vote Tinubu finish you wan leav us abi??
You must remain here till 2031 angry sad

8 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Roger3D(m): 6:23pm On Aug 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

I want to see his response regarding learning Swedish, as it is easier learning Spanish as a native English speaker compared to Nordic languages. If he left Brazil for Sweden because of the crime rate, that would be a fair decision. But being in Brazil is better than the UAE, especially if the person learns Portuguese before moving. Free education at world standards and ease of settling down compared to Germany - more than a year before visa interview. Bulgaria is denying Nigerians visas. It is not easy to get Czech Republic student visa from Nigeria. Poland nko? People pay bribes just to be interviewed! Germany was not popular then until the UK scrapped PSW in 2012. Suddenly, people became interested in Germany, Norway and Estonia. Today, only Germany still has free education, but[b] to get visa from Nigeria na war.[/b] Portuguese and Spanish are easier to grasp than German. Estonia has changed her immigration laws. Even after spending money to be interviewed at the embassy in Egypt, since the UAE no go issue tourist visas, people still get denied. Norway, which I applied to then, has scrapped free tuition and tightened immigration laws. It takes NINE years to get Danish citizenship. Switzerland is a no-go area due to their ab initio immigration laws. People don learn German at Gothe Institute sotey yet cannot get student visa interview dates. These are actual complaints, and yet when we suggest good alternatives, online witches and wizards attempt to dissuade people.

Ultimately, we are laser-focused on the economic opportunities and ease of being a naturalised citizen. No one should spend his/her youth toiling outside Nigeria, excluding places like Singapore and Switzerland, earning pittances yet have no hope of being a naturalised citizen. If you noticed, he moved to Sweden, not South Africa or Swaziland or Senegal. These are the demons we fight every day in this section.
I got a visa to Germany in 48 hours and that's no lie

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Omini247: 6:24pm On Aug 04, 2023
You mean B.sc in Brazil is free?
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Olufemiolaolu(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
Congratulations bro
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Esiman(m): 6:25pm On Aug 04, 2023
Scrolling through this thread alone will show you how vile and wicked some Nigerians are. Wishing someone failure because he has contrasting opinions to yours.

24 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Roger3D:
I got a visa to Germany in 48 hours and that's no lie

Appointment wait time for study visa category b to Germany is presently 16 months.

5 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:26pm On Aug 04, 2023
Esiman:
Scrolling through this thread alone will show you how vile and wicked some Nigerians are. Wishing someone failure because he has contrasting opinions to yours.

Normal we don see their behavior tey tey right from the days of learning to code. Very demonic lots grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Mrniceguy001: 6:27pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Airport in Chile. Men I was shocked by the neatness. I have been to Italy and las Palmas and honestly their airports don't come close to how neat Chile is. It's fucking crazy

Guess you haven't been to Turkey Istanbul's airport cheesy

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ComeToJesus: 6:28pm On Aug 04, 2023
sukkot:
its called graffiti and its the signs of a bad ghetto crime and gang infested country . but my guy all the pictures you posted are not impressive at all. you are easily impressed. the country looks cheaply built. imagine cheap childrens play section smack dab in the middle of an airport. the whole country looks cheap. no architecture just boxy buildings. but good luck to you though

Your centre of excellence and most prized city still has boxy architectural masterpieces like this too:

18 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by 2016easy2017: 6:29pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Internet infrastructure in Chile is very developed. Honestly if not for making calls you can live without getting a sim card. There's literally internet everywhere. From the airport to taxis to trains to buses to restaurants. Just putting up your wifi on any streets brings like 3 free wifi networks and this isn't even the capital city. The capital is Santiago and that's like 7 hours from here. Internet here is also very very fast. Screenshot is from the wifi at the Airbnb I am staying at.

When MTN is sweating to give me 1.2mbps

2 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by ycat: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
Ok o!

You will soon meet face to face with the devil itself when you are stranded in a real racist and poor country since you are braindead.

Just make sure you have enough money with you going to all these 3rd world countries where the citizens themselves have all japa tan.
tensazangetsu20:

Gerrard59 the nairaland demons have arrived grin grin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 04, 2023
alhajiabdulbuha:
Bros Congrats am on my way from Cotonou to Brazil by ship. I will join u soon. Tinubu must go and fight in Niger against Vladimir Putin's West African force. I must not be be among the 50 million Nigerian youths he intends to recruit into the man. That man is on drugs
After you don Vote Tinubu finish you wan leav us abi??
You must remain here till 2031 angry sad
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Nobody: 6:33pm On Aug 04, 2023
Moniya4Real:
Bro, are you Alright! Chile bawo… but it’s a fuc….NG third world country naw. The size of their economy sef no rich Lagos own. Well, if it’s what you want, fine!
Dis one go de for Slum de type rubbish,
You rate country way better pass Nigeria 100times

12 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by onoms4luv(m): 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2023
Just tell me my life, you just open internet just to come disgrace me, nor worry God nor go shame us

Karleb:
Congratulations brotherly! This is nice. Omo, see country! 😍

Na to start to dey practice wetin you learn from duo lingo remain.

It's too sad that nobody writes about South America here and nobody cares, I don't know if it's the language barrier or something else.

For instance, people don't know studying in Brazil is free from kg to PhD, free Healthcare and free feeding cheesy, and they also started an exchange program that offers scholarship literally giving you stipends to study there.

Everyone just wan go UK and Europe with their N2m.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by nwakgr8: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
Karleb:

It's too sad that nobody writes about South America here and nobody cares, I don't know if it's the language barrier or something else.

For instance, people don't know studying in Brazil is free from kg to PhD, free Healthcare and free feeding cheesy, and they also started an exchange program that offers scholarship literally giving you stipends to study there.

shey 2m take one out of the country especially Europe ni pls I’m not kidding boss
Re: Memoirs From Chile by workchopNG: 6:37pm On Aug 04, 2023
One of the best thread on nairaland in a long while... Congratulations 🎊 Tensa

4 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by worksmart(m): 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2023
Honestly I cannot blame people for want to japa, after Tinubu has put the people in bondage.
But please do your research very thoroughly and then research some more !

People have japa only to find themselves in economic hardship worst than they were enduring in Nigeria.

Consider other African countries at least if you end up in hardship you would be in an environment and climate that you are accustomed to.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2023
ycat:
Ok o!

You will soon meet face to face with the devil itself when you are stranded in a real racist and poor country since you are braindead.

Just make sure you have enough money with you going to all these 3rd world countries where the citizens themselves have all japa tan.

Yeah concentrate on surviving agbadonomics under your principal grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Kingju: 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
God has finally done it for me grin. 3 years worth of work came to fruition and I was able to japa to Chile tongue tongue tongue. Sharing some pics from my trip and my everyday life on this thread. This is for those who think that south america is hell. Theres a lot of amazing countries in the world. You need to research and figure out what works for you. My flight was from Lagos to doha to Brazil and then finally to Chile. I didn't really start taking any pics until I got into Chile. I am sure you can find thousands of pictures about Brazil, Qatar or Lagos online but hardly anyone has posted anything about Chile.

The first pic is me In the plane crossing the Andes mountains. The light in the distance is the city of santiago.

Second is the airport in concepcion.

Third is my Uber ride from the airport to my Airbnb

Congrats bro
Re: Memoirs From Chile by twosquare(m): 6:42pm On Aug 04, 2023
See how bad belle full this thread...

congratulations @tensazangetsu20

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Memoirs From Chile by Moniya4Real(m): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2023
In terms of security yes, but in terms of economy, do your research jor.

Lewisjohnson:

Dis one go de for Slum de type rubbish,
You rate country way better pass Nigeria 100times
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Karleb(m): 6:47pm On Aug 04, 2023
onoms4luv:
Just tell me my life, you just open internet just to come disgrace me, nor worry God nor go shame us

Excuse me? undecided
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Esiman(m): 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
Let them keep piercing themselves with sorrows grin
tensazangetsu20:

Normal we don see their behavior tey tey right from the days of learning to code. Very demonic lots grin grin grin
Re: Memoirs From Chile by isArray: 6:48pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Well to be honest I wont blame them. I used to think African and south american countries were the same level until I got into tech and started looking into jobs in other countries. Africans are at the bottom of the human race. You can't even compare the most developed country in Africa to even Peru. We don't know how finished we are. We don't even have roads. What did Nigeria do with the first 20 years of independence. No roads o. I am going out today and will put in more pictures
Heard North African countries(Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco) have great infrastructure
Re: Memoirs From Chile by Roger3D(m): 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

Appointment wait time for study visa category b to Germany is presently 16 months.
I did mine like 4 years ago and the time between my application and approval wasn't more than 2 weeks, but there's a reason for that.
Re: Memoirs From Chile by hammed71(m): 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
You guys should stop judging people for the decisions and actions they take, because someone does not go to the popular destinations does not mean they don't know what they are doing, no be everybody go go uk, us or Canada(overhyped country).
And besides he just wants to get the passport and move wetin come be your own

16 Likes

Re: Memoirs From Chile by isArray: 6:50pm On Aug 04, 2023
Mrniceguy001:

Guess you haven't been to Turkey Istanbul's airport cheesy
Have you been to Hamad International Airport tongue That's the best airport in the world 🏃🏿

1 Like

Re: Memoirs From Chile by xandy84: 6:51pm On Aug 04, 2023
You're very wrong. There are people with means and living dream lives who frequently visit Nairaland. They do not comment much due to insult and lack of civility. You try to input your view and some people will rain insults on you. I just got called names by one who is trying to get a visa to UEA.lol

finallybusy:
Congratulations, my guy. Now we'll see you less on Nairaland. This place is for unemployed, unexposed children who live in slums.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memoirs From Chile by AdiDami: 6:52pm On Aug 04, 2023
I don't understand the last part of your write-up on N2m to Europe!
Do you mean N2m can get one to Europe?

Karleb:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (48) (Reply)

Beautiful Calabar In Pictures / 10 Years Ban For Overstaying In The UK. And Migrants Coming To The UK. / Nigerian Man In Canada Shows His COVID19 Lockdown Palliative

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.