Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,318 members, 7,829,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land (1362 Views)

A Picture Of Marina, Lagos State In The 80's. Was It Tinubu That Developed It? / Why Every Yoruba Claiming Lagos that Developed By Nigerian As Formal Capital. / Ijaw Hoisting The Flag Of APC On Their Land (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by gidgiddy: 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
Igbos learnt something very important thing from the civil war, never rely on anyone for your development except your self. So when Gowon was talking about the the R's and rebuilding Igbo land, Igbos did not wait for him or government

Igbos immediately fanned out across Nigeria and the wider world in search of the elusive "golden fleece".

By sheer force of personal will, determination, hard work and business acumen, Igbo man did what others could not do, particularly for someone who just came out of a devastating civil war

The Igbo man built the biggest market in West Africa at Onitsha and made that city the place with highest number of story buildings outside Lagos and Abuja

The Igbo man made Aba the centre of artisans in Southern Nigeria

The Igbo man took a village called Nnewi and made it centre of the automotive industry

When you look across Nigeria, Lagos, Kano, Portharcourt, Kaduna, Abuja, Calabar, Ibadan, Kaduna, they all had to have federal or state capital status for them to get to where they are today.

Ask them anywhere they managed to develop that did not need to be capital, just like Nnewi, Aba and Onitsha never needed to be capital of anywhere, and watch them fall flat on their face

Im proud of my Igbo nation, unlike others, they did not wait for political power or the government of Nigeria, to make things happen

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by TemplarLandry: 4:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
Yes.
Deveropmentation

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by DodadaKoKigbe: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2023
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Emergingnation(m): 4:48pm On Aug 03, 2023
When imminent disintegration of contraptions take place, Lagos will turn into total slum and brown roof enclaves within 2 decades, grin yoruba can't survive without other ethnic groups and the resources from other regions. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Sharpsharp00123: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:
Igbos learnt something very important thing from the civil war, never rely on anyone for your development except your self. So when Gowon was talking about the the R's and rebuilding Igbo land, Igbos did not wait for him or government

Igbos immediately fanned out across Nigeria and the wider world in search of the elusive "golden fleece".

By sheer force of personal will, determination, hard work and business acumen, Igbo man did what others could not do, particularly for someone who just came out of a devastating civil war

The Igbo man built the biggest market in West Africa at Onitsha and made that city the place with highest number of story buildings outside Lagos and Abuja

The Igbo man took a village called Nnewi and made it centre of the automotive industry

When you look across Nigeria, Lagos, Kano, Portharcourt, Kaduna, Abuja, Calabar, Ibadan, Kaduna, they all had to have federal or state capital status for them to get to where they are today.

Im proud of my Igbo nation, unlike others, they did not wait for political power or the government of Nigeria, to make things happen
after developing it they ran away from it

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Pakute: 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2023
Oya beat dat chest make the birds wey dey alaigbo dey dance to the beatings.
Make una tell us wetin una take do all the allocations federal govt carry give una after the war. Again make una tell me wetin dem destroy that una dey build wey una never finish to dey build.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Corn247: 5:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
Emergingnation:
When imminent disintegration of contraptions take place, Lagos will turn into total slum and brown roof enclaves within 2 decades, grin yoruba can't survive without other ethnic groups and the resources from other regions. grin

Yes, that is why we must sell all those oil and gas in imo state before we disintegrate

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Pakute: 5:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Lol, be nice.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by MEEVEET: 5:05pm On Aug 03, 2023
Imagine what would have happened to SE economy of our business where owned by outsiders... Because 98% of business are owned by igbos even with the issue on ground where u won run go

Unlike port Harcourt n warri that small crisis all the companies left

That's why I hate FDI they are no good for developing nations

if Nigeria divide today South East would be the only region who's GDP would increase ....why because of positive net migration of business..igbos moving their business and money back would grow the economy by 40% to 200%

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Pakute: 5:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Eventhough Onitsha is never the biggest market in west africa, but if everything in alaigbo was burnt to ashes according to the Aba-made liars, how come onitsha market wasn't bombed?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Broveens42(m): 5:14pm On Aug 03, 2023
Factual
But people will choose to call these things "chest beating".

It is on record that imo people, including pupils, contributed money to build Sam mbakwe airport.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Ikaeniyan0: 5:15pm On Aug 03, 2023
You better thank oil money

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by yarimo(m): 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

op forget to include this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Christistruth03: 5:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

Simon Ekpa and his Calamity crew are developing it Futher

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by JohnnA1: 5:27pm On Aug 03, 2023
Is that so?

So why are Igbo's running away from all that ''DEVEROPMENT'' via night bus to Lagos in the SW?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by muykem: 5:29pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
You should learn how to massage their ego.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by tungamaje: 5:36pm On Aug 03, 2023
JohnnA1:
Is that so?

So why are Igbo's running away from all that ''DEVEROPMENT'' via night bus to Lagos in the SW?
Chai! Dis post pain you well well. Kpele.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by tungamaje: 5:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
yarimo:
op forget to include this
What about those drug pedlars in Saudi prisons awaiting to fertilize the Saudi desert with their blood after Friday jumat, are they also from the East?. Help me ask that woman

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by aklid(m): 5:56pm On Aug 03, 2023
MEEVEET:
Imagine what would have happened to SE economy of our business where owned by outsiders... Because 98% of business are owned by igbos even with the issue on ground where u won run go

Unlike port Harcourt n warri that small crisis all the companies left

That's why I hate FDI they are no good for developing nations

if Nigeria divide today South East would be the only region who's GDP would increase ....why because of positive net migration of business..igbos moving their business and money back would grow the economy by 40% to 200%
Who’ll be the patronisers then? Or u mean small scale businesses? 🙄

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Fugazy2023: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:

This hits differently grin
Fitality grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Never4getU: 5:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

funny, then won't you stay back in the east yet you prefer to stay here in the West

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Pakute: 6:01pm On Aug 03, 2023
Broveens42:
Factual
But people will choose to call these things "chest beating".

It is on record that imo people, including pupils, contributed money to build Sam mbakwe airport.
Was Sam Mbakwe airport in existence during the war?.. Was it bombed and it was ibos who contributed to rebuild it?.. let's contextualize it.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Ofodirinwa: 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2023
Pakute:
Eventhough Onitsha is never the biggest market in west africa, but if everything in alaigbo was burnt to ashes according to the Aba-made liars, how come onitsha market wasn't bombed?

lol, aturu, it was bombed. See how you're embarassing yourself for free?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Pakute: 6:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ofodirinwa:

lol, aturu, it was bombed. See how you're embarassing yourself for free?
Pictures?

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by tungamaje: 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2023
Pakute:

Was Sam Mbakwe airport in existence during the war?.. Was it bombed and it was ibos who contributed to rebuild it?.. let's contextualize it.
The OP has a point in saying Igbos developed their region by themselves. Tell me any region where citizens contributed to build an airport. Myself as a secondary school pupil contributed then toward the construction of that airport. Even rural electrification projects in Igbo villages were undertaken by age grade and development unions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Pakute: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
tungamaje:

The OP has a point in saying Igbos developed their region by themselves. Tell me any region where citizens contributed to build an airport. Myself as a secondary school pupil contributed then toward the construction of that airport. Even rural electrification projects in Igbo villages were undertaken by age grade and development unions.
Me i am not arguing with you, i just want to know those places, assets, buildings etc that were destroyed and una dey rebuild. The Imo airport you mentioned, was it an aftermath of the war?

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by Ofodirinwa: 6:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Pakute:

Pictures?

so you can believe me? I prefer you don't believe me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by JohnnA1: 6:23pm On Aug 03, 2023
tungamaje:

Chai! Dis post pain you well well. Kpele.
So why are you crying?
Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by raskymonojendor: 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by MEEVEET: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
aklid:

Who’ll be the patronisers then? Or u mean small scale businesses? 🙄
Smh
Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by delpee(f): 7:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
tungamaje:

Nothing new. Many of the schools in the SW and other infrastructure including roads were built by Town Unions. Each town has a development union or something similar and they contribute towards the progress of the towns and villages.

The old schools, hospitals, town halls, palaces etc are still being maintained by old students and the development unions/associations.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are The Only Major Tribe That Developed Their Land by HELN: 7:20pm On Aug 03, 2023
gidgiddy:

GOOD EVENING BRO, NICE POST.
I AM NNAMDI, ENWERE IHE DI NKPA MCHORO KA ANYI KPAA MAKA ALAIGBO.

PLEASE HOW MAY I CONTACT YOU FOR A PRIVATE DISCUSSION?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Stupid Traditional Political Group Can Strip Obasanjo Of Titles / EXPOSED: Who Really Developed Lagos And Many Parts Of Yoruba Land? / 3 Largest Tribes In Southern Nigeria And 3 In Northern Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.